PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys released Dez Bryant.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2018, 11:46 AM
The Cowboys have released Dez Bryant. Interesting

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23153209/dallas-cowboys-expected-release-wr-dez-bryant

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 11:52 AM
It was time. Jerry made the right move, even though I hate it for Dez.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2018, 11:59 AM
It was time. Jerry made the right move, even though I hate it for Dez.

I agree. He's lost a step and looked like he didn't seem to care at times last year. At 16.5 million a year to only catch jump balls just a little much. I'm sure somebody will snatch him up pretty quick at a reduced rate.

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 12:03 PM
I agree. He's lost a step and looked like he didn't seem to care at times last year. At 16.5 million a year to only catch jump balls just a little much. I'm sure somebody will snatch him up pretty quick at a reduced rate.
He told them today "I'll see you twice this year." Maybe he's staying in the division?

Bully13
04-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Man, wasn't he pretty good Dak's 1st year?

Cooterpoot
04-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Screw Dez. He's a cancer and no longer a #1 WR. But, there's nothing in the draft this year as far as WR goes. Beasley should be next.

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Dez was Daks top target last year, and led the NFL in drops.

Cooterpoot
04-13-2018, 12:24 PM
I feel bad for Dak. He's go nobody to throw to and Jerry is an idiot that refuses to go get players in free agency. It'll be a couple years before Dak has anyone to throw to.

Bully13
04-13-2018, 12:26 PM
Screw Dez. He's a cancer and no longer a #1 WR. But, there's nothing in the draft this year as far as WR goes. Beasley should be next.

"Screw Dez"? not getting that. Beasley ? what's wrong with him?

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 12:27 PM
I feel bad for Dak. He's go nobody to throw to and Jerry is an idiot that refuses to go get players in free agency. It'll be a couple years before Dak has anyone to throw to.

Jerry just wants to be in headlines. Maybe he wants to win now, but I doubt it. He's got to get Dak some help, and get Linehan and Garrett off the staff.

msudawglb
04-13-2018, 12:30 PM

Don't feel bad for Dak. If you watched their games, you could see that Dak was feeling the pressure to feed Dez. He forced a lot of passes instead of looking at his other receivers. A lot of times Dak had to try to calm down Dez. Dez is not a team player and I'm glad that he's finally gone.

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Didn't see this one coming, but I am glad he is gone too.
Wish Dallas would pick up someone that has Whitten's team mentality at WR.

KOdawg1
04-13-2018, 12:53 PM
If Calvin Ridley is still available at #19 (doubt it), they better snatch him up.

mparkerfd20
04-13-2018, 12:56 PM
HELL YES!!! It's WAYYYY past time.

BuckyIsAB****
04-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Courtland Sutton from SMU is pretty good. They have bigger needs than WR though. Like defense for Gods sake and that OL looked average without Zeke and Tyron Smith

parabrave
04-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Man, wasn't he pretty good Dak's 1st year?

He could only catch the back shoulder throw or a jump ball.

Bully13
04-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Hard to believe we're having this discussion. When I watched the first year, I was thinking how lucky Dak was to be on this particular team. the OL protection, that rookie RB was blowing up, his passing stats were amazing for a rookie, etc... long time before the INT,

and now this. just damn.

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Hard to believe we're having this discussion. When I watched the first year, I was thinking how lucky Dak was to be on this particular team. the OL protection, that rookie RB was blowing up, his passing stats were amazing for a rookie, etc... long time before the INT,

and now this. just damn.

Dak had a down year, but was still 4th in QBR. We just need better receivers, and better coaches.

parabrave
04-13-2018, 02:30 PM

and now this. just damn.

Well 2 of their best linemen left, The receiver corps was nothing to yell about EE was suspended. Plus both the O tackles sucked and dam near got Dak killed.

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Courtland Sutton from SMU is pretty good. They have bigger needs than WR though. Like defense for Gods sake and that OL looked average without Zeke and Tyron Smith

Average Olines don't give up 6 sacks in one game to an average Defensive End. At times Dallas's Oline reminded me of Jackie's last years.

Pit Bull
04-13-2018, 08:32 PM

Agree, Dez was a team distraction. Time to make a business decision and they did. Hope they can bring in another good WR that's a team player.