PDA

View Full Version : Dystopian world of sex robots

Matty Dispatch
04-13-2018, 06:02 AM
I was reading this piece yesterday where the writer describes a world 10 years from now in which sex robots completely change our world. If you don't have time to read it, his bottom line is that sex robots will be so good-looking, will never say no, won't irritate you, grow old, get fat, etc. and he hypothesizes that 75% of the dating male dating pool will drop out to just have sex with robots, leaving women totally screwed until male robots who have a personality (compassion, conversations, etc) can be invented.

For a bald, fat, ugly guy the idea of a gorgeous sex robot is pretty appealing. But if the dystopia this guy describes comes true it would be pretty bleak for humanity. There are a lot of different opinions on how a world with sex robots will go. There are already cafes in Europe where you can get coffee and a BJ from one. Thoughts?

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2018/04/12/what-will-happen-when-sex-robots/

Jack Lambert
04-13-2018, 08:26 AM
leaving women totally screwed until male robots who have a personality (compassion, conversations, etc) /[/url]

That's where I come in.

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2018, 11:28 AM
I thought this was going to be about Westworld premiering this month. LOL. Just thinking about how it could affect the future, it could wreck social interactions. Just think if you could bang the hottest chick you could think of and you didn't have to put up with any of her shit. What kind of affect would that have on actual birth numbers. Probably be an Idiocracy issue with richer people that can afford robots no longer having babies while dumbass trailer park trash have 10 kids.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-13-2018, 11:59 AM
This looks like a promising investment idea.

Cooterpoot
04-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Tetanus shots will replace tequila.

Bully13
04-13-2018, 12:28 PM
I thought this was going to be about Westworld premiering this month. LOL. Just thinking about how it could affect the future, it could wreck social interactions. Just think if you could bang the hottest chick you could think of and you didn't have to put up with any of her shit. What kind of affect would that have on actual birth numbers. Probably be an Idiocracy issue with richer people that can afford robots no longer having babies while dumbass trailer park trash have 10 kids.

that does indeed have the potential to wreck havoc on the gene pool.

Matty Dispatch
04-14-2018, 07:48 AM
Probably be an Idiocracy issue with richer people that can afford robots no longer having babies while dumbass trailer park trash have 10 kids.

Well the thing is that while sex robots are expensive right now (around $6,500), the price will lower. Take a 42" HDTV in 2003 that was $5,000. In 2008, it was $2,000. In 2013, it was $500. Today it's $250 and is a smart TV too. I'm not sure that money will be the a huge factor in getting a sex robot...it will be more tied in with moral convictions.

Dawgology
04-21-2018, 06:51 PM
That's where I come in.

I like how Jack is playing the Long game. Bold strategy.

TALL DAWG
04-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Well the thing is that while sex robots are expensive right now (around $6,500), the price will lower. Take a 42" HDTV in 2003 that was $5,000. In 2008, it was $2,000. In 2013, it was $500. Today it's $250 and is a smart TV too. I'm not sure that money will be the a huge factor in getting a sex robot...it will be more tied in with moral convictions.

And just where could someone be given the name of the company who makes these nice products so someone could go deep with their investment and attempt to keep their investment up for awhile?!?