PDA

View Full Version : Whop doing work

preachermatt83
04-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Word is the kid has the highest motor on the team. Everything he does is fast and 100 percent. Staff loves him.

ShotgunDawg
04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Word is the kid has the highest motor on the team. Everything he does is fast and 100 percent. Staff loves him.

Awesome.

You know, we don't need 8 good WRs. What we really need is one ALPHA WR that opens it for everyone else. Maybe Whop is that guy

Bulldog1
04-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Awesome.

You know, we don't need 8 good WRs. What we really need is one ALPHA WR that opens it for everyone else. Maybe Whop is that guy

Maybe. I hope one of them is.

Lord McBuckethead
04-12-2018, 04:38 PM
which number is he working with in Spring?

msbulldog
04-12-2018, 04:48 PM
I'm hoping some of the other guys Couch, Mitchell, Williams, Todd & Dear HAVE THE LIGHT COME ON FOR THEM!
I think Coach Getsy is the switch.
HAIL STATE!

preachermatt83
04-12-2018, 04:56 PM
which number is he working with in Spring?

I think #3

dawgoneyall
04-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Hope so. Don't think Guidry is going to work out.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2018, 06:30 PM

He'll be fine.

BuckyIsAB****
04-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Couch has been a lot better lately too. Hes got the size to play on sundays

Lord McBuckethead
04-12-2018, 07:54 PM
How has Osiris Mitchell done? I have high hopes for that guy.

Ari Gold
04-12-2018, 09:39 PM

He is fine.
And the most ready SEC WR on the team.
Everyone just chill out with him. It’s all good . And he will be very good

maroonmania
04-12-2018, 09:46 PM
He is fine.

Has it been confirmed he is back at practice? i hadn't heard.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-12-2018, 09:47 PM
He is fine.

You and IYOK have earned my trust, but can I ask what it is that's been going on? Missing practice for a non-injury is a pretty serious thing, a head thing that we fear would come back. Can either of you shed some light on what's been going on? i understand you guys have info you shouldn't necessarily say... I'm just asking for whatever you can give us

dawgoneyall
04-12-2018, 09:50 PM
He'll be fine.

Guy who missed a week of spring practice(who was a Juco signee) for some mysterious reason....will be fine?

He may be fine but I don't buy it.

BuckyIsAB****
04-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Has it been confirmed he is back at practice? i hadn't heard.

He is back but he's not getting all the 1st team reps and still in a yellow jersey

msstate7
04-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Guy who missed a week of spring practice(who was a Juco signee) for some mysterious reason....will be fine?

He may be fine but I don't buy it.

How many practices did he miss?

Ari Gold
04-12-2018, 09:57 PM
He practiced This week ..
He has been in a yellow jersey all spring.

Everyone RELAX

Bulldog1
04-12-2018, 09:58 PM
I'm pumped for the spring game. It'll be here in a week!

preachermatt83
04-12-2018, 09:58 PM
He is fine.

Whop will have the better season.

Bully13
04-12-2018, 10:06 PM

that sux. any word these days on that guy?

Ari Gold
04-12-2018, 10:07 PM
Whop will have the better season.

He may. And if he does he will be a fresh all American. Because Guidry will be a stud.

04-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Freshmen make big contributions at Wide Receiver all over the country, every year

dawgoneyall
04-12-2018, 10:31 PM
He practiced This week ..
He has been in a yellow jersey all spring.

Everyone RELAX

Not excited. I just don't think he will be a factor.

Damn,.....I hope I am wrong. And has nothing do do with physical ability. That is not a question.

Dawg61
04-12-2018, 10:31 PM
How has Osiris Mitchell done? I have high hopes for that guy.

I do too. Has that Randy Moss build.

Jack Lambert
04-13-2018, 08:24 AM
I recorded every game last season and have been watching them. Seems that every WR had one game that they showed off. Couch and Jackson could be really good.

smootness
04-13-2018, 08:44 AM
I do too. Has that Randy Moss build.

That's not exactly the build you want haha

Ari Gold
04-13-2018, 09:04 AM
don’t be surprised if a few guys have passed Couch on the depth chart come the fall..

BuckyIsAB****
04-13-2018, 09:17 AM
don’t be surprised if a few guys have passed Couch on the depth chart come the fall..

Couch has played well lately from what I've been told

louisvilledawg
04-13-2018, 09:41 AM
What about Reggie Todd? I really like Todd. Hope he doesn't get lost in the mix. Seems like a highly intelligent guy, too. 6'5" 210 can't be taught.

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2018, 09:45 AM
What about Reggie Todd? I really like Todd. Hope he doesn't get lost in the mix. Seems like a highly intelligent guy, too. 6'5" 210 can't be taught.

If he improves his hands then he could be a good one. Todd seemed like he was open more than anyone else we had, he just didn't always catch it. I think it was more of a mental thing than anything though because a lot of times looked like a concentration issue.

Commercecomet24
04-13-2018, 09:53 AM
If he improves his hands then he could be a good one. Todd seemed like he was open more than anyone else we had, he just didn't always catch it. I think it was more of a mental thing than anything though because a lot of times looked like a concentration issue.

I agree. Todd has good speed and gets separation, just needs to hang on to the football. I didn't realize how fast he was until i saw him returning kicks. He could be a difference maker if he corrects the dropsies.

confucius say
04-13-2018, 10:00 AM
The good news, and bigger picture, is that we have more several options and really in need two-three to step up and be big time guys.

Guidry, whop, Austin Williams, dear, Jackson, couch, todd, heath, Mitchell, deddrick Thomas, the TE crew. If 2-3 out of that bunch can be really good the rest can be role guys and we will be fine.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Did Todd really drop a lot of passes or is everybody taking the 1 in the bowl game & multiplying it 10x?

BuckyIsAB****
04-13-2018, 10:09 AM
The good news, and bigger picture, is that we have more several options and really in need two-three to step up and be big time guys.

Guidry, whop, Austin Williams, dear, Jackson, couch, todd, heath, Mitchell, deddrick Thomas, the TE crew. If 2-3 out of that bunch can be really good the rest can be role guys and we will be fine.

Exactly. You only need 1 really good WR-TE to make the rest better

Dawg61
04-13-2018, 11:02 AM
That's not exactly the build you want haha

Couldn't disagree more. Tall, skinny-strong with great hops and hands is a deadly combo for a WR. You don't want all of your WRs to have that build but if Mitchell can be 1/4th as good as Moss I'll take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfRAcckQz2s

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Did Todd really drop a lot of passes or is everybody taking the 1 in the bowl game & multiplying it 10x?

This is possible, that drop just sticks out so much that maybe he gets credit for some of Mitchell and Couch's drops.

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Couldn't disagree more. Tall, skinny-strong with great hops and hands is a deadly combo for a WR. You don't want all of your WRs to have that build but if Mitchell can be 1/4th as good as Moss I'll take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfRAcckQz2s

I love me some Randy Moss.

thf24
04-13-2018, 11:39 AM
The only way the "Randy Moss build" is a net positive in any other given player is if it includes the 4.3 speed.

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 11:41 AM

Not sure but he he did look very raw the entire year. It seemed like his route running was not as clean at times and he seemed unsure of what to do at times. That's the impression I got from sitting in the stands.

smootness
04-13-2018, 11:59 AM
The only way the "Randy Moss build" is a net positive in any other given player is if it includes the 4.3 speed.

Exactly. Randy Moss is the most talented WR of all-time. That's what made him successful, not his build. If he was 40 pounds heavier, he would have literally been unstoppable.

Sure, the height is great. But nothing else about his build is something you're looking for in a WR. It's the speed, athleticism, and hands that you want.

msstate7
04-13-2018, 12:25 PM

Dropped a couple at ark before catching the big one

Dawg61
04-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Exactly. Randy Moss is the most talented WR of all-time. That's what made him successful, not his build. If he was 40 pounds heavier, he would have literally been unstoppable.

Sure, the height is great. But nothing else about his build is something you're looking for in a WR. It's the speed, athleticism, and hands that you want.

We aren't going to agree on this but Moss had agility like a cat and could sneak into areas of traffic with it while simultaneously out-jumping and out running the defender. You put 40 pounds on Moss he's not as effective. He'd be a step slower with less hops. You don't have to look further than Moss himself to see this. He retired with an extra 20-25 lbs on him than when he first entered the league. Moss combine weight was 194 lbs. He retired at 215-220lbs. His most successful seasons (besides with the GOAT Qb) were all under the age of 27 with the Vikings when he was the skinniest of his NFL days. His light weight for his height helped him jump higher and run faster.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossRa00.htm

smootness
04-13-2018, 12:54 PM
We aren't going to agree on this but Moss had agility like a cat and could sneak into areas of traffic with it while simultaneously out-jumping and out running the defender. You put 40 pounds on Moss he's not as effective. He'd be a step slower with less hops. You don't have to look further than Moss himself to see this. He retired with an extra 20-25 lbs on him than when he first entered the league. Moss combine weight was 194 lbs. He retired at 215-220lbs. His most successful seasons (besides with the GOAT Qb) were all under the age of 27 with the Vikings when he was the skinniest of his NFL days. His light weight for his height helped him jump higher and run faster.

No, I think you bring up good points that may be right.

Regardless, though, Moss' ability and success were owed to that agility, quickness, out-jumping, and out-running, not his build. His build didn't enable him to do those things, his talent did.

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Is Whop the guy that makes Moorhead look like a midget when they're standing side by side?

BuckyIsAB****
04-13-2018, 02:35 PM

I want our WRs to have anything that Moss had. Hes a top 5 NFL WR of all time

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2018, 02:52 PM
I want our WRs to have anything that Moss had. Hes a top 5 NFL WR of all time

Stickem, see The Replacements. We need Clifford Franklin.