PDA

View Full Version : Where is Florida coaching Staff?

Jack Lambert
04-11-2018, 06:26 PM
This is the deepest and best Senior class in the history of Mississippi. Every P-5 conference has school in Miss recruiting their asses off. Last year when Mullen left he tried his best to take many of our recruits. He was here 9 years. Why in the hell are they not busting that ass in in Miss?

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Mullen and co are banking on the logo recruiting itself. I know he reoffered one of our 2019 kids the day he took the UF job

msbulldog
04-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Mullen has taken his staff deep sea fishing for shark.

I seen it dawg
04-11-2018, 06:37 PM
#countryclubcrootin

TrapGame
04-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Mullen is his own worst enemy. He developed habits here that he still exhibits in Florida. He took his laziest recruits/coaches with him instead of cutting them like a certain AD advised him to. If he doesn't make a trip to Atlanta by year three he'll be gone.

Leroy Jenkins
04-11-2018, 06:44 PM
If he doesn't make a trip to Atlanta by year three he'll be gone.

Might take less than that... McElwain made 2 trips in 3 years and he gone too

RougeDawg
04-11-2018, 09:11 PM
This is the deepest and best Senior class in the history of Mississippi. Every P-5 conference has school in Miss recruiting their asses off. Last year when Mullen left he tried his best to take many of our recruits. He was here 9 years. Why in the hell are they not busting that ass in in Miss?

He didn?t bust ass when he coached in the state. What would make anyone think he would come all this way now?

Cooterpoot
04-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Developing an exit plan.

Jack Lambert
04-11-2018, 09:19 PM
He didn?t bust ass when he coached in the state. What would make anyone think he would come all this way now?

He was here for 9 years and has built some relationships with coaches and we have at least 35 P-5 prospects in this class.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2018, 09:24 PM
He's offered plenty MS kids. Pickering visited Florida last weekend. Nakobe Dean will visit this summer. MS kids just rarely go that far from home.

Political Hack
04-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Mullen to the Magic.

Martianlander
04-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Mullen going to coach in new pro league and wrestle Spurrier for the rights to Tebow.

fishwater99
04-12-2018, 08:35 AM

Don't give them any ideas...

Ari Gold
04-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Miss state 7 commits ( 4/ 4stars , 3/ 3stars ).. and yeah I’m saying four 4 stars because Garrett being a 3 is comical
UF 7 commits ( 1/ 4 Star , 6/ 3 stars )

UF will get thier share of big time guys because well it’s Fla , but if any Gata fan thinks that guy and that staff he brought with him can recruit and close guys there’s your early proof.

Tbonewannabe
04-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Miss state 7 commits ( 4/ 4stars , 3/ 3stars ).. and yeah I’m saying four 4 stars because Garrett being a 3 is comical

UF will get thier share of big time guys because well it’s Fla , but if any Gata fan thinks that guy and that staff he brought with him can recruit and close guys there’s your early proof.

It would be hilarious if we consistently out-recruited him at UF. I hope UF fans don't mind never going to Atlanta. I hope for Dan's sake he has a fully guaranteed contract because recruiting like that, he won't even make it 3 years.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2018, 09:13 AM

I think Mullen built the ground work for JoMo to get these big recruits out of State. Dak is a house hold name. We were number one in the country. Eight bowl games. Kids and coaches from other States know who Miss State is all it takes is someone to go get them and Mullen just did not take advantage of it. JoMo will build Miss State into something big. The sad part is Mullen took have taken Miss State to the next level.

I could be wrong.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Mullen built the ground work that he never attempted to use then. That's a fallacy he built groundwork. They were lazy plain and simple. They didn't work at recruiting. I don't see how anyone can argue that and think they are right.

Cooterpoot
04-12-2018, 09:17 AM
I think Mullen built the ground work for JoMo to get these big recruits out of State. Dak is a house hold name. We were number one in the country. Eight bowl games. Kids and coaches from other States know who Miss State is all it takes is someone to go get them and Mullen just did not take advantage of it. JoMo will build Miss State into something big. The sad part is Mullen took have taken Miss State to the next level.

I could be wrong.

Dan Mullen did nothing to help us get these guys. NOTHING! He wasted our big run to #1 and was job hunting at the end of the season and it killed us. He was forced to load up on jucos last year because he failed at recruiting. We got lucky MS jucos were loaded with transfers at the time.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Dan Mullen did nothing to help us get these guys. NOTHING! He wasted our big run to #1 and was job hunting at the end of the season and it killed us. He was forced to load up on jucos last year because he failed at recruiting. We got lucky MS jucos were loaded with transfers at the time.

I don't like arguing but before Mullen MSU was not a house hold name and it is now. He did bring Dak in. He did have 7 seven winning season. He was the coach who got us to number 1. That's why we can go out and get high profile kids from out of state. Your right Mullen was a lazy SOB when it came to recruting but the job he did at Miss State got our name out there and it is helping JoMo.

Believe what you want.

BB30
04-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Mullen built the ground work that he never attempted to use then. That's a fallacy he built groundwork. They were lazy plain and simple. They didn't work at recruiting. I don't see how anyone can argue that and think they are right.

How can you not see what Mullen did for our program? We went from a perennial cellar dweller to a competitive football team under him. He just didn't quite have what it took to get us to the next level. No different than any other coach we have had in the history of our program.

I am as excited as anyone with our recruiting. I do find it funny we have hammered Ole Miss fans for getting excited about signing big time players/bragging about recruiting rankings and saying that doesn't equate to wins and yet as soon as we start landing a few commits everybody is talking about how we will definitely make that next jump now. Lets get them on campus and see how they perform. Proof is in the pudding and as we have seen with our neighbors to the north commits do not always equate to SEC championships.

Mullen had his way of doing things and he won't be changing that much at Florida. I would be willing to bet he signs just enough top talent there to make a few runs at an East Championship. He about won the west with those 2 and 3 stars/few 4 stars he signed here. Give him a few more top flight recruits that he will easily get at Florida and he will win a bunch of games for them in a down east.

Ari Gold
04-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Hevesy recruited Dak..*****

Cooterpoot
04-12-2018, 03:13 PM
I don't like arguing but before Mullen MSU was not a house hold name and it is now. He did bring Dak in. He did have 7 seven winning season. He was the coach who got us to number 1. That's why we can go out and get high profile kids from out of state. Your right Mullen was a lazy SOB when it came to recruting but the job he did at Miss State got our name out there and it is helping JoMo.

Believe what you want.

And Sherrill had us in the championship game and almost won it. He also had 7 winning seasons in 10 years with fewer games. Mullen did the minimum. His season ended every year at the Bama game. Problem was, we still had games left.
Mullen got our facilities improved. That's the credit he gets.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2018, 03:22 PM
And Sherrill had us in the championship game and almost won it. He also had 7 winning seasons in 10 years with fewer games. Mullen did the minimum. His season ended every year at the Bama game. Problem was, we still had games left.

We were forgotten when it came to football until Mullen came. Only people who remember how great those late 90's teams were us State fans who got to live it. From 2001 up until Mullen arrive we were crap and no one gave State a first or second thought. We were marked as a W on every schedule. We were non SEC and SEC home coming games. You have to give Mullen credit for putting us back on the Map. No one marked us as a easy win after a few years with Mullen and other fans worried about playing us. Mullen just didn't take advantage of what transpired while he was here in recruiting. He did not use the Dak brand. He could have ripped some ass in recruiting if he wasn't lazy. It's asinine to think Mullen didn't do anything good for Miss State. He just didn't take advantage of what he built. He could have gotten us to another level but he was too damn lazy in recruiting.

TrapGame
04-12-2018, 03:29 PM
We were forgotten when it came to football until Mullen came. Only people who remember how great those late 90's teams were us State fans who got to live it. From 2001 up until Mullen arrive we were crap and no one gave State a first or second thought. We were marked as a W on every schedule. We were non SEC and SEC home coming games. You have to give Mullen credit for putting us back on the Map. No one marked us as a easy win. After a few years with Mullen other fans worried about playing us. Mullen just didn't take advantage of what transpired while he was here in recruiting. He did not use the Dak brand. He could have ripped some ass in recruiting if he wasn't lazy and the reason why was he made us relevant again. It's asinine to think Mullen didn't do anything good for Miss State. He just didn't take advantage of what he built. He could have gotten us to another level but he was too damn lazy in recruiting.

Absolutely 100% correct!

Mullen is a good coach but a terrible recruiter b/c he's too lazy which (imo) is a byproduct of his extreme arrogance.

I'll bet anyone real money that when Joe moves on after some very successful years Mullen will be calling us from whatever directional school he's coaching at to come back.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Absolutely 100% correct!

Mullen is a good coach but a terrible recruiter b/c he's too lazy which (imo) is a byproduct of his extreme arrogance.

I'll bet anyone real money that when Joe moves on after some very successful years Mullen will be calling us from whatever directional school he's coaching at to come back.

I'd bet real money 90% plus of Florida fans hate the fact they drew Miss State this season.

msbulldog
04-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Mullen got our facilities improved. That's the credit he gets.

Our facilities being improved started with Byrne and Strickland, don't give all the credit to Don!

SPMT
04-12-2018, 10:27 PM
Mullen clearly made upgrades. The road he had to hoe was clearly easier than past coaches, nonetheless. He had way more to work with from a facilities, monetary, and perception (SEC network) perspective.

He did a good job, even close to great at times.

I always pull for success.......but......here:

I hope he fails miserably at a Florida!

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Absolutely 100% correct!

That's the myth. Reality is Mullen recruited better than anyone has here in the modern era, up till MAYBE now. Jackie set the table, but Croom destroyed it. Mullen had to rebuild that. We never would have got Mullen without Jackie, and we never would have got JoMo without Mullen.

TrapGame
04-12-2018, 11:17 PM
That's the myth. Reality is Mullen recruited better than anyone has here in the modern era, up till MAYBE now. Jackie set the table, but Croom destroyed it. Mullen had to rebuild that. We never would have got Mullen without Jackie, and we never would have got JoMo without Mullen.

Jackie set the table and spent three years whacking it with an axe. Croom had no idea we even had a table but he found the couch and took a nap. Mullen found the table and restored it but refused to put enough varnish on it. He didn't worry about that extra varnish. He was too busy looking at other tables to put his ass under. Now Joe's at the table and he put on that extra coat of varnish and now he's breaking out the fine China.

I seen it dawg
04-13-2018, 06:13 AM
How can you not see what Mullen did for our program? We went from a perennial cellar dweller to a competitive football team under him. He just didn't quite have what it took to get us to the next level. No different than any other coach we have had in the history of our program.

I am as excited as anyone with our recruiting. I do find it funny we have hammered Ole Miss fans for getting excited about signing big time players/bragging about recruiting rankings and saying that doesn't equate to wins and yet as soon as we start landing a few commits everybody is talking about how we will definitely make that next jump now. Lets get them on campus and see how they perform. Proof is in the pudding and as we have seen with our neighbors to the north commits do not always equate to SEC championships.

Mullen had his way of doing things and he won't be changing that much at Florida. I would be willing to bet he signs just enough top talent there to make a few runs at an East Championship. He about won the west with those 2 and 3 stars/few 4 stars he signed here. Give him a few more top flight recruits that he will easily get at Florida and he will win a bunch of games for them in a down east.

I appreciate what Mullen did to raise our program. However he quit when he had the chance to raise it even higher. And started job searching. So yeah i appreciate what he started he can go **** himself for not finishing.

Turfdawg67
04-13-2018, 06:59 AM
Jackie set the table and spent three years whacking it with an axe. Croom had no idea we even had a table but he found the couch and took a nap. Mullen found the table and restored it but refused to put enough varnish on it. He didn't worry about that extra varnish. He was too busy looking at other tables to put his ass under. Now Joe's at the table and he put on that extra coat of varnish and now he's breaking out the fine China.

I like the analogy... I hope in 3 years we aren't saying, "but then Joe broke the China."***

Cooterpoot
04-13-2018, 08:44 AM

Only because of the move to the Power 5 setup where all the schools in those conferences had more money than everyone. It eliminated a ton of schools from the recruiting landscape. We no longer had to compete with the USM's of world for recruits. Oh wait.....Mullen still did that....

Mutt the Hoople
04-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Just wait until Mullen starts taking off big recruiting weekends to caddy golf for his son, or run a marathon..Florida-fan will be PISSED.

And when Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida State whip that ass three years in a row, he better have a nice gig with ESPN to fall back on.

Leroy Jenkins
04-13-2018, 05:24 PM
I don't like arguing but before Mullen MSU was not a house hold name and it is now.

Believe what you want.

Any comparisons made before ESPN/SEC network welfare money are not valid.