PDA

View Full Version : TUSK

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Your question on another thread got me thinking so I googled Bama's schedule....

This is the easiest road bama has had that I can remember in a long time. They get Louisville (they will destroy them) Mizzou and Tennessee out of the east, Auburn at home, State at home, play LSU on the road but I dont think it will be that close.

Lucky bastards

Dawgbite
04-11-2018, 09:44 AM
As if they needed luck.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
This is why I doubt we win the West even if we beat Bama. I don't see them having a shot at losing to anyone else, so they'll be 7-1. Unless we go 11-1 ourselves and beat bama, we'd be 2nd. I think we go 10-2 though, with a loss to Bama and 1 team we shouldn't.

dawgday166
04-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Think about this:

Since 2011, with the exception of the kick six play when AU beat Bama and kept them out of NC game, and the 2014 OSU win over Bama in playoff game, Bama has played in every NC game, regardless if they won the Conference or Division. Now I will admit that Saban is good but ... going back to the day when teams could load up and rules were more lax ... Bud Wilkinson couldn't do it at Oklahoma (and he had a 47 game win streak), Bear couldn't do it at Bama (I believe his win streak was 28 or 29 when we upset them in '80). Is Saban really that good ... or is there some money flowing? Scratching my head on this one.

After kick six play they were quick to put the playoff into effect, with "4 best teams as determined by committee" getting in each year. This virtually means Bama gets in every year, regardless. The whole system is geared toward Bama Natty's. And if they should be getting kicked at any point in a playoff game then ... the refs seem to all of a sudden have a profound effect to the outcome of the game. Unless of course that is overcome by receivers making tremendous plays with Bama DBs hangin all over them like with Clemson 2 years ago.

It's just the way it is. If we somehow do beat them this year and were to win division & conference, we'll lose to them 2nd go round in probably the NC game (if we won 1st round of playoffs). They'll be sure to give Bama another shot at us. But Bama will be in the playoffs guaranteed. After losing all they lost from last year too.

It'd be nice to beat them in regular season for sure, but in long run, they'll have another Natty.

Pit Bull
04-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Your question on another thread got me thinking so I googled Bama's schedule....

This is the easiest road bama has had that I can remember in a long time. They get Louisville (they will destroy them) Mizzou and Tennessee out of the east, Auburn at home, State at home, play LSU on the road but I dont think it will be that close.

Lucky bastards

Should be an easy strolling cake walk. They will be 15-0 at the end of the year.

TUSK
04-11-2018, 06:43 PM
I won’t watch a game til November... then I’ll prolly be bored.

But I ain’t gonna bitch bc I’ll be missing this run in a decade or so....

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 06:46 PM
I won’t watch a game til November... then I’ll prolly be bored.

But I ain’t gonna bitch bc I’ll be missing this run in a decade or so....

I think it would be a breath of fresh air for Bama and Saban if they lost to The Citadel

TUSK
04-11-2018, 07:25 PM
I think it would be a breath of fresh air for Bama and Saban if they lost to The Citadel

We’d prolly go 11-1, win the SECCG, be 4th seed in the CFP & win both games by two scores after that.

#CitdelNationalChamps

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 07:29 PM
We’d prolly go 11-1, win the SECCG, be 4th seed in the CFP & win both games by two scores after that.

#CitdelNationalChamps

Bama should schedule UCF and take Lville off

TUSK
04-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Bama should schedule UCF and take Lville off

Agreed. I’d lay the 14.5.