PDA

View Full Version : How many NBA players on our basketball roster right now?

Irondawg
04-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Just curious how many people you think will make an NBA roster from the 2017-2018 squad

msstate7
04-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Nick and ado

Big4Dawg
04-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Nick, Peters, Ado

BeardoMSU
04-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Nick, Peters, Ado

I'd go with this, too.

smootness
04-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Make a roster at any point?

I think Nick W is the closest to a lock and would certainly think he will. I think Peters and Ado have a decent shot. And I think Q has an outside shot as well, though unlikely.

I may get killed for this, but I think Carter has a slim chance as well. He's got the stroke, which is crucial in today's NBA, he needs added strength and increased confidence in his ball-handling. But I don't think it's out of the question.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Nick, Peters, Ado

I'd go with this

HancockCountyDog
04-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Just curious how many people you think will make an NBA roster from the 2017-2018 squad

Are we talking make a G league roster? I'll be stunned if any of these guys get drafted, but I guess one day if they work on their game and continue to work on their 3 point shot, then they have a chance.

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Are we talking make a G league roster? I'll be stunned if any of these guys get drafted, but I guess one day if they work on their game and continue to work on their 3 point shot, then they have a chance.

When Nick and Lamar come back with a great season next year, they will be first round picks in the 2019 draft.

99jc
04-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Ther are 5 NBA players on this team....believe it.

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Ther are 5 NBA players on this team....believe it.

My gosh you are insufferable and at this point don’t even understand what I had posted. I stated that Peters, Nick W, Ado, Perry and DJ Jeffries were all NBA players. I never said we had 5 draft picks on the roster this year. We do however have 3 that were on the team this year with Perry coming in next year to make it four.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Nick and ado

Peters

Irondawg
04-10-2018, 04:03 PM
I?m talking full nba roster. Drafted or not. GLeague does not count. A quick 10 day contract doesn?t count.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-10-2018, 04:03 PM
I still think Holman could get a shot if he beefed up a little. But if it hasn?t happened yet, I guess it?s probably not going to happen.

And the fact he didn?t test the draft waters this year is pretty telling too

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:06 PM
I still think Holman could get a shot if he beefed up a little. But if it hasn?t happened yet, I guess it?s probably not going to happen.

And the fact he didn?t test the draft waters this year is pretty telling too

His style fits good in NBA.

HancockCountyDog
04-10-2018, 04:09 PM
When Nick and Lamar come back with a great season next year, they will be first round picks in the 2019 draft.

Would love for that to happen.

Currently neither are even in the top 100 prospects on most draft sites. There are usually 6 total (juniors+seniors) drafted each year.

It would be silly for either to stay in the draft, neither are draft picks at this point, I doubt that really improves much next year but at least they could improve their chances of landing on a G league or European team. I think both are 4 year players, which is a good thing.

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Would love for that to happen.

Currently neither are even in the top 100 prospects on most draft sites. There are usually 6 total (juniors+seniors) drafted each year.

It would be silly for either to stay in the draft, neither are draft picks at this point, I doubt that really improves much next year but at least they could improve their chances of landing on a G league or European team. I think both are 4 year players, which is a good thing.

Yeah whatever you say hoss...

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:14 PM

Nick- #21
Lamar- #26

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Nick- #21
Lamar- #26

Yep. I think they both make the first round next year with a strong year. Peters has the skill and talent to get there but the scouts want to see him do it consistently the entire year. I think Nick has the best pro potential but he needs to work on his shot more consistently. They do both need one more year to get where they want to go.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Yep. I think they both make the first round next year with a strong year. Peters has the skill and talent to get there but the scouts want to see him do it consistently the entire year. I think Nick has the best pro potential but he needs to work on his shot more consistently. They do both need one more year to get where they want to go.

Agree. I do think Ado has a chance in the next few years- just depends on how he develops his game

HancockCountyDog
04-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Hmmm, they have Malik Newman going 54 when he is in this year's draft.

For this year's draft they aren't top 100 or top 50 prospects. I can link the ESPN, CBS and whatever else you want to show you this.

They are nice college players. I like Peters, but the NBA doesn't waste first round picks on college juniors or seniors; There have been 12 drafted in the last two drafts combined. Teams want upside and Peters is a 5'11" shoot first PG. Perfect for college. There wasn't a junior or senior drafted in the lottery last year. A junior/senior went pick 15 and a few snuck in late 27, 29, 30.

Here is a 2019 mock that doesn't have either getting drafted at all -

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019.html

I'm not sure you fully understand how the NBA draft works now a days. There are more freshman picked than Juniors/Seniors combined. The reason is simple, if you are good enough for the NBA you don't make it to your Junior/Senior season. Sure there are exceptions, but they only prove the rule.

I'm not sure why you are advocating for them to leave after next year to most likely not get drafted. They are not even top 100 prospects in this year's draft.

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Hmmm, they have Malik Newman going 54 when he is in this year's draft.

For this year's draft they aren't top 100 or top 50 prospects. I can link the ESPN, CBS and whatever else you want to show you this.

They are nice college players. I like Peters, but the NBA doesn't waste first round picks on college juniors or seniors; There have been 12 drafted in the last two drafts combined. Teams want upside and Peters is a 5'11" shoot first PG. Perfect for college. There wasn't a junior or senior drafted in the lottery last year. A junior/senior went pick 15 and a few snuck in late 27, 29, 30.

Here is a 2019 mock that doesn't have either getting drafted at all -

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019.html

I'm not sure you fully understand how the NBA draft works now a days. There are more freshman picked than Juniors/Seniors combined. The reason is simple, if you are good enough for the NBA you don't make it to your Junior/Senior season. Sure there are exceptions, but they only prove the rule.

I'm not sure why you are advocating for them to leave after next year to most likely not get drafted. They are not even top 100 prospects in this year's draft.

They are testing the waters to get a draft grade basically for next year and to get more on team’s radars. Yes, I do understand how the draft works. Both those guys will be first round draft picks after next year and they should go if they are a first round draft pick.

HancockCountyDog
04-10-2018, 04:42 PM
They are testing the waters to get a draft grade basically for next year and to get more on team’s radars. Yes, I do understand how the draft works. Both those guys will be first round draft picks after next year and they should go if they are a first round draft pick.

Well I hope you are right, because if they are both first round picks, most likely we have won 30 games and gotten to at least the sweet sixteen.

skadoosh14
04-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Nick- #21
Lamar- #26

Don't forget Q at #59

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Well I hope you are right, because if they are both first round picks, most likely we have won 30 games and gotten to at least the sweet sixteen.

Yep with the team we have coming back, we should be a top 4 seed in the tournament and should challenge for the SEC. I think we will be a Sweet 16 team but as we saw this year that’s completely on the matchups we get in the tournament.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Make a roster at any point?
I may get killed for this, but I think Carter has a slim chance as well. He's got the stroke, which is crucial in today's NBA, he needs added strength and increased confidence in his ball-handling. But I don't think it's out of the question.

That chance is slimmer that a hair split 3 times.

sorrydog
04-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Zero.