PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Like The Ole Miss Defense Will be Horrific

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Just listened to DJ on the radio:

"Ole Miss lost Speaks, Haynes, and Polk, but following Spring practice, there are no clear front runners to replace them. "

"I've been fooled before thinking this defense would be better and I'm not making that mistake again."

Additionally, however, he showed his delusion.

"Ole Miss has a chance to have a top 10 recruiting class and certainly top 15".

"Some of the Mississippi kids they have committed are massively underrated and that will be rectified this Summer"

"They have 2 huge blue chippers in Ealy and Black".

Goodness

Jarius
04-10-2018, 02:16 PM
They have 3 guys committed that are worth a shit, and 2 of them are not going to be on campus. They will be lucky to end up in the top 25 by February of 2019. He's an idiot.

99jc
04-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Why any black athelete would attend that racist university blows my mind. And you reb lurkers know I speak the truth.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 02:23 PM
Why any black athelete would attend that racist university blows my mind. And you reb lurkers know I speak the truth.
Yep. Tell it!

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2018, 02:31 PM
They lost the 3 best players off of what was already the worst defense in the conference (Speaks, Gates, Haynes) Hard to see any path to improvement.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 02:34 PM
They have 3 guys committed that are worth a shit, and 2 of them are not going to be on campus. They will be lucky to end up in the top 25 by February of 2019. He's an idiot.

Yep.

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 02:53 PM
About the part about the Mississippi kids being underrated and that being rectified- if that does happen to their recruits I'm going to be pissed at 247 and whoever rates players because they have never done it once for MSU.

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 02:54 PM
And here's an even scarier thought for them- their offense had trouble moving the ball and couldn't run on their defense.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 02:59 PM
And here's an even scarier thought for them- their offense had trouble moving the ball and couldn't run on their defense.

Ouch!

louisvilledawg
04-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Their linebackers may not start at starkville or south panola haha

msstatelp1
04-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Their linebackers may not start at starkville or south panola haha

I hope.this is true and I hope JoMo gives Fitz the ball and tells him to keep scoring until every last Rebel leaves the stadium in disgust.

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 03:39 PM

They will be extremely lucky to win 6 games next season. But the delusion is high among the faithful. I had one nut job tell me that Luke is keeping the chair warm for a big name coach after probation.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:06 PM
I had one nut job tell me that Luke is keeping the chair warm for a big name coach after probation.

That's funny.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 04:13 PM
They will be extremely lucky to win 6 games next season. But the delusion is high among the faithful. I had one nut job tell me that Luke is keeping the chair warm for a big name coach after probation.

Yeah I hear the only reason Gruden took the Raiders gig was so he could get his coaching chops back again before taking unm back to the promised land after probation is over*********

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 04:37 PM

They were extremely lucky/dirty to win six last year. Does your friend consider Hugh Freeze to be a "big name"? Because I could see that happening in about four or five years knowing them.

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Yeah I hear the only reason Gruden took the Raiders gig was so he could get his coaching chops back again before taking unm back to the promised land after probation is over*********

I heard it was Tony Dungy.**

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
They were extremely lucky/dirty to win six last year. Does your friend consider Hugh Freeze to be a "big name"? Because I could see that happening in about four or five years knowing them.

You mean Nick Saban will turn them down?******

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 05:33 PM
I heard it was Tony Dungy.**

They may be in the process of trying to resurrect Lombardi****

John Farley
04-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Sad thing is Preston Dedeaux, Tony Brown, Darrell Henderson, and Jordan Wright are all better than any Running Back they have on their roster, but “Mississippimade and shit

deadheaddawg
04-10-2018, 06:36 PM

It's going to be hard to prove that happened since nobody was there to witness it

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 07:47 PM
They'll probably win 6 games again. Just being real. They wont be much improved but they wont be much worse either.

We are 2-3 TDs better than them. I know they lost some up front on the DL (which they actually werent bad there, didnt have much depth tho). Have no idea what they have back on the OL but it will make the difference in 6 wins or not for them

Jarius
04-10-2018, 07:52 PM
I'll be surprised if they win 6. They will be underdogs in at least 6 games, and probably more.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 08:14 PM
I'll be surprised if they win 6. They will be underdogs in at least 6 games, and probably more.

They'll win 5 or 6

Last year they got both KY and Vandy on their schedule along with a non-interested Dan Mullen.

This year they still have Vandy but have South Carolina instead and have to go to Arky.

Ari Gold
04-10-2018, 09:32 PM
They have 2 or 3 guys right now committed that if we told them flip to us tomorrow They would . That?s a fact

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 11:03 PM
They'll win 5 or 6

Last year they got both KY and Vandy on their schedule along with a non-interested Dan Mullen.

This year they still have Vandy but have South Carolina instead and have to go to Arky.

Muschamp probably beats the mighty rebs. I think USCe is the 2nd best team in the east this year.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 11:10 PM
Muschamp probably beats the mighty rebs. I think USCe is the 2nd best team in the east this year.

That'll be a good game.

Last year OM lost at Cal and have to play Texas Tech this year.

I see them scoring enough to win 5 or 6

Todd4State
04-11-2018, 12:06 AM
I look at their schedule and I don't see where they could sustain a run.

I think Texas Tech is a toss up but I'm going to guess Texas Tech wins that one. They'll be 3-1 at worse OOC and maybe 4-0. (Texas Tech, Kent State, ULM, and Southern Illinois)

I think they split between South Carolina and Vandy at best although they play Vandy late in the year and in Nashville and that game is close a lot of times. (1-1)

I think they lose out against the SEC West. They play the worst teams on the road- LSU, A&M, and Arkansas and the three best teams in Oxford- Auburn, Alabama, and MSU. (0-6)

So, I think they win 4-5.

TUSK
04-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Is there a "mercy rule" in football?

If the OM D drops off a little, Bammer's (improved offense) may hang 80+ on em this year...

louisvilledawg
04-11-2018, 06:08 AM

If the OM D drops off a little, Bammer's (improved offense) may hang 80+ on em this year...

We can only hope.

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 09:27 AM
That'll be a good game.

Last year OM lost at Cal and have to play Texas Tech this year.

I see them scoring enough to win 5 or 6

OM vs TTU will be fun to watch if you like 7 on 7

Commercecomet24
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM

Please, please, please don't let Saban take his foot off the gas. I want to see the same score as the Ga Tech-Cumberland game from years ago. I think that one wound up 220-0!

Ari Gold
04-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Outside of Benito jones ( and he would have to beat out Cory Thomas) there isn’t another starter for the Umiss D that would start for us.

Bullmutt
04-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Please, please, please don't let Saban take his foot off the gas. I want to see the same score as the Ga Tech-Cumberland game from years ago. I think that one wound up 220-0!

Actually, CC24, the final was 222-0. Another interesting stat from that game is that neither team made a 1st down.

tcdog70
04-11-2018, 02:29 PM
they better hope Hawaii 5 -0 doesn't get hurt. or it is curtains.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Outside of Benito jones ( and he would have to beat out Cory Thomas) there isn’t another starter for the Umiss D that would start for us.

Who are their CBs?

TUSK
04-12-2018, 01:02 AM

MMDL coulda clipped em for 80 last year without RUTS...

He's such a Merciful Dark Lord.

Todd4State
04-12-2018, 01:47 AM
MMDL coulda clipped em for 80 last year without RUTS...

He's such a Merciful Dark Lord.

Actually, I thought he did run up the score on them but he did it in the most polite way possible. And I have no problem with it by the way.

TUSK
04-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Actually, I thought he did run up the score on them but he did it in the most polite way possible. And I have no problem with it by the way.

No offense, buddy, but you are unfamiliar with RUTS... either that or the disparity in talent...

our 6th best RB scored the only points in the 4th.... True Freshmen scored the only other TDs in the 2nd Half....

80 would have been EASY against that OM team...

msstate7
04-12-2018, 05:49 AM
Who are their CBs?

Hamilton is one, and PFF rated him well. I definitely think he would start for us.