PDA

View Full Version : Late Basketball Recruiting

ReikInTheKnees
04-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but with Wright and Stapleton transferring, we have an extra scholarship to play with. Anyone with any insight on what we plan to do with it? I personally don't think it would be a bad idea to look into a grad transfer to come off the bench and provide some of what Xay provided toward the end of the year. Maybe even taking another look at the Tyler Harris kid from Cordova and getting him on board to RS.

louisvilledawg
04-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but with Wright and Stapleton transferring, we have an extra scholarship to play with. Anyone with any insight on what we plan to do with it? I personally don't think it would be a bad idea to look into a grad transfer to come off the bench and provide some of what Xay provided toward the end of the year. Maybe even taking another look at the Tyler Harris kid from Cordova and getting him on board to RS.

Not many grad transfers want to go somewhere to ride the bench tho

Ifyouonlyknew
04-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Me personally I'd look for a PG transfer who has to sit a year. Let him know both of our PG's are more than likely gone after next season. He'll get the keys to a team that still has Tyson, Perry, Woodard, & Ado in the starting lineup.

Political Hack
04-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Me personally I'd look for a PG transfer who has to sit a year. Let him know both of our PG's are more than likely gone after next season. He'll get the keys to a team that still has Tyson, Perry, Woodard, & Ado in the starting lineup.

I’d like that move.

MarketingBully
04-10-2018, 01:44 PM

That’s a great selling point. It also wouldn’t hurt to tell him that those two point guards will likely be first round picks. To me, that should attract a good transfer PG.

Liverpooldawg
04-10-2018, 02:53 PM

Yep

preachermatt83
04-10-2018, 05:22 PM

Sounds like a winner to me.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Deanthony Tipler.... if he has grades/ACT score, I would sign him... he's like I.J. Ready with more upside as a scorer.....

msbulldog
04-10-2018, 06:14 PM

That makes sense or maybe Howland has a scope on a prospect in the next class to save that Scholly for.

basedog
04-10-2018, 06:42 PM

I bet that is a far fetch, I wish that as well but kids today just don't like sitting a year. It happens but not often now days.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-10-2018, 06:49 PM
I bet that is a far fetch, I wish that as well but kids today just don't like sitting a year. It happens but not often now days.

Huh? Are you serious? There's like 800-900 transfers a year now most aren't grad transfers. There's a ton of kids sitting out.

basedog
04-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Huh? Are you serious? There's like 800-900 transfers a year now most aren't grad transfers. There's a ton of kids sitting out.

U shocked me, had no idea. I was thinking about guys with one year eligibility sitting one year. Not saying or thinking like guys such as Newman.

Dawg61
04-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Tookie want be our starting PG his senior season?

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Saw where he is entering draft, no agent. That stings.

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Saw where he is entering draft, no agent. That stings.
who the hell is tookie and why does it sting he entered the draft and didn't get agent..
I'm sure I could figure it out.. but i don't feel like it.. if someone decides to make a dumb nickname..they can just tell me.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 10:32 PM
who the hell is tookie and why does it sting he entered the draft and didn't get agent..
I'm sure I could figure it out.. but i don't feel like it.. if someone decides to make a dumb nickname..they can just tell me.
Tookie Brown, that's his real name, signed with us under RR. He was a really good PG, but decided to go somewhere else when we fired Ray. A lot of people pitched an absolute fit when he left- but we ended up with Lamar and Nick, so I'm happy.

Edit: Here's his career stat line in college-
18 PPG, 4 APG, 3 RPG, 2 SPG, 79% FT, 44% FG, 37% 3P

BeardoMSU
04-10-2018, 10:32 PM

You can finally have your wish, lol

Dawg61
04-10-2018, 10:41 PM
You can finally have your wish, lol

Maybe he graduates early and can play next year right away. That'd be kinda awesome not gonna lie I'd like to see Tookie play one year for us.

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Tookie Brown, that's his real name, signed with us under RR. He was a really good PG, but decided to go somewhere else when we fired Ray. A lot of people pitched an absolute fit when he left- but we ended up with Lamar and Nick, so I'm happy.

Thanks.. don't even remember him.

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 11:09 PM
We need a backup big for when Ado gets in foul trouble. Datcher aint it

Dawg61
04-10-2018, 11:17 PM
We need a backup big for when Ado gets in foul trouble. Datcher aint it

Tsish the 6'10 juco shot blocker is Ado's backup

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 09:31 AM
Tsish the 6'10 juco shot blocker is Ado's backup

Oh ok cool I didnt know about him

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Yes he is one that some think is the next Jason Kidd and we missed out a mega talent but fail to grasp that he did this at Georgia Southern. Lamar and Nick are just as good if not better than him. Guarantee you Peters would be averaging 20 or more on Georgia State's team.

Dawg61
04-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Yes he is one that some think is the next Jason Kidd and we missed out a mega talent but fail to grasp that he did this at Georgia Southern. Lamar and Nick are just as good if not better than him. Guarantee you Peters would be averaging 20 or more on Georgia State's team.

Nobody wants Tookie over Lamar or Nick. That hasn't been said one time. It's just unfortunate we lost out on him and Newman bitched out on us too. That's all it is.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Nobody wants Tookie over Lamar or Nick. That hasn't been said one time. It's just unfortunate we lost out on him and Newman bitched out on us too. That's all it is.

If it is unfortunate we lost out on him, that means you would have wanted him on the team, therefore, we would have never gotten Peters. So which is it? Would you prefer Tookie Brown or Lamar Peters?

Bulldog1
04-11-2018, 03:51 PM
If it is unfortunate we lost out on him, that means you would have wanted him on the team, therefore, we would have never gotten Peters. So which is it? Would you prefer Tookie Brown or Lamar Peters?
He didn't have to be in Lamar's place.

smootness
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
I think the point is, who really cares at this point.

I loved Tookie as a recruit and wish we had kept him. But we decided not to, and things have turned out ok for us. He wouldn't be getting a ton of playing time one way or another at this point.

Dawg61
04-11-2018, 04:55 PM

I'd of preferred Tookie over Newman bitching out on us but since you want to make it about Peters it depends on if Peters returns.

3 years Lamar > 4 years Tookie
4 years Tookie > 2 years Lamar

Bulldog1
04-11-2018, 05:02 PM
I'd of preferred Tookie over Newman bitching out on us but since you want to make it about Peters it depends on if Peters returns.

3 years Lamar > 4 years Tookie
4 years Tookie > 2 years Lamar

No doubt.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-11-2018, 05:46 PM
He didn't have to be in Lamar's place.

He didnt have to be but it might would have been harder to get LPeters if we had landed TBrown....

msbulldog
04-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Please!!!!! Ya'll arguing about a guy that Rick Ray evaluated and recruited! Now that is outstanding! Look I lived in GA for 6 years and if that was the best he could do at Ga. Southern, we did not need him!