PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Thinks MSU Wins 7 Games This year

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Yup. That?s what Bo, inferiority complex Bounds just said.

He is piggy backing off Bartoo saying that we will win 6 games because we play 5 top 15 recruiters in 40+ days and because we lost Mullen.

Bartoo compared the best MSU roster of our life times to Arkansas? roster. Yes. He actually said that.

He also said that MSU?s 8+ win projection in the FPI was too high because MSU lost Mullen. Yet, is A&M?s less because they lost Sumlin? Arkansas because they lost Bert? How about others?

Here is what?s funny, Bo Bounds has MSU winning 7 games, LSU winning 6/7 games, OM winning 6 games, and Arkansas winning about 5 or 6 games. In Bo?s opinion, I guess the SEC West isn?t playing a full schedule this year since nobody is winning more than 6 or 7 games.

Again, this is the best roster in 20+ years and Bo Bounds is saying we?ll 7 games. That is absolutely ludicrous and lazy.

This is one thing that sucks about Mississippi. While media from Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc are finding reasons why their teams will win big, Mississippi media are digging for reasons why we will lose. And the we wonder why we get picked last in the SEC West every year. If in-state media won’t stand up and be honest about the team, why would anyone else?

The inferiority complex, pump the brakes people from Mississippi are too much for me. They literally hold the state back in numerous ways.

msstate7
04-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Why listen?

Jarius
04-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Bartoo was also shocked that we were a favorite over Kentucky last year. Anyone that predicts state to win 7 games this year is an idiot, or is just looking to generate some sort of attention.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 09:24 AM
What an idiot.

reno hightower
04-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Howard Stern was great this morning. Who is this Bo Bounds you speak of***

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 09:28 AM
To add: Bartoo and Bo are talking about tough our schedule is.

I love our schedule. Yes some tough games but rarely two road games in a row or tough games in back to back weeks. We have a chance this year to be up for every losable game.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Heck this years team is better than last years team and we actually have a head coach that will coach a full season and not quit Halfway through. Smh.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Why listen?

It’s a good show. Bo is just easily manipulated and changes his opinion in order to be seen as smart by others.

msstate7
04-10-2018, 09:31 AM
It’s a good show. Bo is just easily manipulated and changes his opinion in order to be seen as smart by others.

Sounds great**

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Good. I hope he picks us to not win any by the time the season starts

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 09:39 AM
What’s funny is Jake Wimerbly and ESPN FPI, has us as damn near a playoff contender and Bo thinks we’ll win 7 games. What a *****

Johnson85
04-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Bartoo was also shocked that we were a favorite over Kentucky last year. Anyone that predicts state to win 7 games this year is an idiot, or is just looking to generate some sort of attention.

Or just thinks morehead and staff will be a trainwreck. I would think even if Morehead is not a good coach (or if it just takes a season to get the team adjusted to his offense), we should win seven games just from our defense.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Or just thinks morehead and staff will be a trainwreck. I would think even if Morehead is not a good coach (or if it just takes a season to get the team adjusted to his offense), we should win seven games just from our defense.

I think C34 could lead MSU to 7 wins this year.

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 09:43 AM
To add: Bartoo and Bo are talking about tough our schedule is.

I love our schedule. Yes some tough games but rarely two road games in a row or tough games in back to back weeks. We have a chance this year to be up for every losable game.

Hell, don't we have 7 home games? Tough or not home field advantage is huge in the SEC.

And every time I listen to Bartoo it sounds like he snorted a line of coke before going on.

The only way we win only 7 games is if we lose Fitz, both RBs, half the WRs and our starting DL.

Pollodawg
04-10-2018, 09:49 AM
If State only wins seven this Fall, Moorhead is a flat failure. I could literally, not being a coach, sit Fitz and Simmons down and tell one tondirect the offense, the other the defense with zero coaching and we’d still win six games. That’s how deep this team is.

Cooterpoot
04-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Bo got another one....just avoid his show. He's shock factor fool.

Turfdawg67
04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Why listen?

Exactly, show is crap.

KOdawg1
04-10-2018, 10:13 AM
Bo can't get enough of Bartoo. You can nit-pick at all the numbers if you want, but all that matters is we return nearly every major contributor from last year's team, including one of, if not the best D-line in the league. Idc who's coaching, if you can only muster 7 wins with the talent we have on this roster, you are a failure.

KOdawg1
04-10-2018, 10:15 AM
I'd be curious to know how many wins Bartoo predicted us to have last year.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Bo can't get enough of Bartoo. You can nit-pick at all the numbers if you want, but all that matters is we return nearly every major contributor from last year's team, including one of, if not the best D-line in the league. Idc who's coaching, if you can only muster 7 wins with the talent we have on this roster, you are a failure.

This

It's funny when Bo makes a ridiculous prediction & he talks with that arrogant, smug voice in which he attempts to make himself sound smarter than the average fan. That's when you know he doesn't really believe what he is saying.

This team returns most every contributor to an 8 win team that should've won in 9 2017.

This team beat no one last year that it was not favored against = no fluke wins.

This team beat Louisville in a bowl game without a coaching staff. We've already seen MSU play without Mullen & they beat a Heisman winner

CadaverDawg
04-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Bartoo lives and dies by his matrix. If he says we win 8, he’s saying his matrix is shit.....guess what? His matrix is shit

BeardoMSU
04-10-2018, 10:19 AM
If he says we win 8, he’s saying his matrix is shit.....guess what? His matrix is shit

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.jpg

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Bartoo lives and dies by his matrix. If he says we win 8, he?s saying his matrix is shit.....guess what? His matrix is shit

Well stated. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Another thing: We are about to find out how good Mullen really was.

Was MSU's success above recruiting rankings due to Mullen or Mississippi high school players not being properly rated?

If Mississippi HS kids were properly rated by the recruiting services, what would the matrix say then?

Again, remember, Sweat & Fitzgerald were 3 star recruits.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2018, 10:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.jpg

This guy, and that gif.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1f281a73477489a8b53ff85c13999714/tenor.gif?itemid=5020990

louisvilledawg
04-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Who is Morehead?

preachermatt83
04-10-2018, 10:28 AM
I'll say this... if we win only 7 games then Moorhead better be sent packing. I think we go 10-2 at worse. I'm calling 11-1.

sleepy dawg
04-10-2018, 10:30 AM

Another thing: We are about to find out how good Mullen really was.

Was MSU's success above recruiting rankings due to Mullen or Mississippi high school players not being properly rated?

If Mississippi HS kids were properly rated by the recruiting services, what would the matrix say then?

We are about to find out how good Mullen is. If you look at the teams by recruiting alone, it's probably conceivable that you could pick us to win 7 games. Are the recruiting rankings that far off, is Mullen that good of developer, or is Mullen that good of a coach. One of those is true. Everyone just assumes Mullen isn't a good coach and we have amazing talent and that Morhead will just come in and dominate. This could very well be the case, but it we won't really know until this year.

99jc
04-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I will bet anyone 25k we win more than 7 games. The only way we win only 7 is if Fitz and keys both break their ankles in the 1st game.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 10:36 AM
We are about to find out how good Mullen is. If you look at the teams by recruiting alone, it's probably conceivable that you could pick us to win 7 games. Are the recruiting rankings that far off, is Mullen that good of developer, or is Mullen that good of a coach. One of those is true. Everyone just assumes Mullen isn't a good coach and we have amazing talent and that Morhead will just come in and dominate. This could very well be the case, but it we won't really know until this year.

Agree.

Mullen's success at MSU was labeled as "Mullen wins at in-spite of MSU"

If Moorhead wins at MSU, it should be labeled as "Moorhead wins & MSU is a good job"

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Bartoo lives and dies by his matrix. If he says we win 8, he’s saying his matrix is shit.....guess what? His matrix is shit

Rep Given!

BrunswickDawg
04-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Another thing: We are about to find out how good Mullen really was. -

Mullen is an above average coach who is very good at evaluating talent and developing talent. Mullen took advantage of MS players not being properly ranked, but I think also had disdain for the recruiting process and baggage that comes with 5* divas based on his UF experience. That translated to us missing on high 4 and 5 star players and never fully realizing our potential because we were always a player like AJ Brown (or a player like Josh Robinson riding the pine) away. You can get away with that in MS at a program like MSU. He will not be able to follow that same philosophy at UF. It will be interesting watching that progress.

Where JoeMo seems to be so far - a very good coach (who may be great) who is very good at evaluating talent and developing talent (or else Fordham doesn't win and PSU doesn't advance), who is not afraid of what 4 & 5* recruiting brings with it and expects his coaches to be able to handle it or ship a kid out (see Bryant as an example). It will also be interesting to watch this develop.

Jarius
04-10-2018, 11:00 AM

He doesn't say we win 8. He says winning 8 would be overachieving. That's some high level horse shit. I know Bo Bounds reads this board and I wish he would come on here and make a bet and set the terms regarding state winning 7 games. We will see if he has more money than sense.

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Moorhead is basically Dan Mullen without the massive douche factor. He is installing a version of the RPO similar to Mullen's but better. We have a very capable group of asst. coaches. We have talent literally sitting on the bench waiting to play. Yet we will win only 7 games. I cannot wrap my head around that level of thinking.

Bartoo called Chad Morris the worst hire in the SEC yet has Arky winning one less game than us. He called Moorhead an inspired hire that proves MSU wants to take another step forward in the West, yet we will only win 7 games. His shit just doesn't make sense half the time.

04-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Just like Bill Connelly or Phil Steele, you have to take Dave Bartoo with a grain of salt. Yes, he's pumping his own version of 'advanced stats' but they are all flawed in some way. None of it hits above Vegas, which is obviously still not a very good bet. Perhaps if you get all 3 to agree on something, you might have a pretty good bet

None of them seem like they played football at all, ie they don't realize how important the trenches are, which is where we're most experienced

Statistics are simply a starting point, in any situation. For example, Steele will say we have a bunch of starters returning. Bartoo will say we have an unproven coach, Connelly will say our recruiting ranking will keep us from being elite. All have flaws, but you also have to prove the other direction, ie are our starters good? Do we have better players than our ranking? Will Moorhead be as good as Mullen? etc

IMissJack
04-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Once we beat the crap out of LSU, AGAIN!, his and other's narrative will change.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Once we beat the crap out of LSU, AGAIN!, his and other's narrative will change.

Sure, but these guys overthink things.

Bo believed in this team a couple of months ago, but the further away we get from last season, the more the media forgets their eye test & instead regresses back to using traditional model numbers that tell them what they "should" believe.

It's why the SEC predictions are basically the same every year regardless of the feeling you got directly following the previous season.

Here's a tip:

Rank the SEC teams for the following season within a month after the previous season, & don't change them unless new, substantial information emerges.

At the end of 2017, MSU passed the eye test as a top tier SEC team & they return everybody. If you forget that, you are doing your predictions a disservice.

This same phenomenon happens in the NFL draft, at the end of the CFB season, you know who the best players are, but then that changes after workouts & other things leading up to the NFL draft.

It's blinding

Political Hack
04-10-2018, 11:50 AM
We will win 7 or more in our first 9 games. Anybody who thinks Florida is gonna leave DWS with a victory this fall has lost their damn minds. That place is going to be more electric than anything anyone has ever seen.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 11:53 AM
We will win 7 or more in our first 9 games. Anybody who thinks Florida is gonna leave DWS with a victory this fall has lost their damn minds. That place is going to be more electric than anything anyone has ever seen.
Yep. Dan better bring 3 pairs of shorts.

BrunswickDawg
04-10-2018, 12:16 PM

I'll go so far as to say we will be rolling into T-Town for a 1 v 2 match up of 9-0 teams. We might even be the #1 in that match up.
Schlabach on ESPN has us #20 right now. We will have beaten his Way too Early #23 LSU (on the road), #14 Auburn, UF (who will be ranked when we play them), a rebuilding A&M, K State and Kentucky on the road, and 3 cupcakes. Bama will have faced teams rebuilding (Lousiville, OM, A&M, Arky, MO and Tenn), cupcakes (Arky St., UL-L) and LSU

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Seven wins? In that case I would like to place a very public, very real, bet with Mr Bounds for $10K. I will take the over. PM me, Bo.

AusTexDawg
04-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Moorhead is basically Dan Mullen without the massive douche factor...
Bartoo called Chad Morris the worst hire in the SEC yet has Arky winning one less game than us. He called Moorhead an inspired hire that proves MSU wants to take another step forward in the West, yet we will only win 7 games. His shit just doesn't make sense half the time.

Like many others, Bartoo's thinking seems to be that Mullen elevated MSU and that the team will regress to the historical mean. That line doesn't make sense, because, for all of his challenges on the recruiting trail, Mullen did a pretty good job bringing in some good players and developing others and those players didn't go with him to Gainesville.

That said, Bartoo mentioned that having a new coach can lower the expected win total, and that is possible. If we roll into the Little Apple on September 8th with an offense that commits some turnovers and isn't running smoothly (something similar happened when JoMo got to State College), a typical Bill Snyder-coached team could steal what was an expected win. That would be an example of "new coach effect." (FWIW, I'm not expecting that - our defense should be able to manage the game against a typical Bill Snyder-coached offense and our 2017 offense is closer to JoMo's than what Penn State was running before his arrival)

99jc
04-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Seven wins? In that case I would like to place a very public, very real, bet with Mr Bounds for $10K. I will take the over. PM me, Bo.

I was not bullshitting on 25k either. That's 35k bo put up or shut the 17 up.

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Dan is going to get his ass handed to him by his former team.

yjnkdawg
04-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Why worry about what Dave Bartoo and Bo Bounds say about MSU. All it is speculation. They aren't the ones who will be coaching or calling the plays at MSU, nor will they be the players making the plays.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Some of the enthusiasm for this year's team seems a bit much to me. I just watched the Taxslayer Bowl again just to get another look and what I saw was a very good SEC team but not an elite one. A lot of good things have to happen for a team in the SEC West to win 10-11. Unless Fitz is 100%, Moorhead is the real deal, our WRs get separation, no key injuries happen, the D backfield continues to shine, turnovers are in a plus mode, and special teams are "special" we will be a 8-9 win team based on existing talent. But I hope a championship mentality is with this team and the Indians are at peace for a great run this year.

Jarius
04-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Some of the enthusiasm for this year's team seems a bit much to me. I just watched the Taxslayer Bowl again just to get another look and what I saw was a very good SEC team but not an elite one. A lot of good things have to happen for a team in the SEC West to win 10-11. Unless Fitz is 100%, Moorhead is the real deal, our WRs get separation, no key injuries happen, the D backfield continues to shine, turnovers are in a plus mode, and special teams are "special" we will be a 8-9 win team based on existing talent. But I hope a championship mentality is with this team and the Indians are at peace for a great run this year.

We won 8 games with a tougher schedule last year and a qb getting intentionally injured in the EB. 9 wins with 18 returning starters is the floor.

tcdog70
04-10-2018, 02:03 PM
I am Wooly--why not just win them all. I think our defense is elite. If Fitz heals up , we have an Elite QB with 2 stud hosses for running back. Our OL will be glad to block another team besides ours. I think Coaching will make a big difference in our passing game. How dangerous will Fitz be if we have a vertical passing game. Somebody' ass will get skull-drug by our Bulldog express.

99jc
04-10-2018, 02:13 PM

That was last year....case closed

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Due to the talent and spunk of this team Moorhead is going to look like the best college football coach in the country. This team is going to be impressive.

Pit Bull
04-10-2018, 02:52 PM
SFA............. Sure win, but important to see how our QBs and RBs are functioning together. JOMO won't show his entire hand though with Kansas St. on the horizon.
@KanState....Win, but will be an extremely tough nut to crack in Manhattan. I expect a low scoring very close affair with our defense as being the difference.
Louisiana......Sure win, but not as easy as SFA. We'll have to show up and play.
@Kentucky....Win, and as always...KY is talented. Expect a mid to higher scoring game, but like KState, our defense will prove too difficult to deal with.
Florida..........Win, welcome home Dan!
Auburn..........Loss, we stubb our toe, but it will be a close game. Stidham (Auburn's QB) is battle hardened and the Tigers always have a stout defense.
@LSU...........Win, we show why Coach O was a bad choice for LSU. Dogs enjoy a rare win in the toughest venue in college football.
TAMU...........Win, Jimbo will eventually turn the Aggies around, but not this year, and not this game. We are just better than them.
LaTech.........Win, but be careful with this one. We may not get the huge game changing plays that Simmons gave us last year. We win by 2-3 TDs. @BAMA.........Loss, playing at Tuscaloosa, playing the #1 team, and playing against the Tide with 2 very good QBs is not a recipe for a win. Close game.
ARK..............Win, should be a good game, but we have better players than them this year at least.
@Ole Miss.....Win, we will destroy the Landsharks in Oxford.....probably beat them as bad as SFA.

Notes: The games that make me nervous a bit are KState and Auburn. 10-2 would be a great season and if we were to beat Auburn and BAMA.....it would be insane!

TrapGame
04-10-2018, 03:09 PM
SFA............. Sure win, but important to see how our QBs and RBs are functioning together. JOMO won't show his entire hand though with Kansas St. on the horizon.
@KanState....Win, but will be an extremely tough nut to crack in Manhattan. I expect a low scoring very close affair with our defense as being the difference.
Louisiana......Sure win, but not as easy as SFA. We'll have to show up and play.
@Kentucky....Win, and as always...KY is talented. Expect a mid to higher scoring game, but like KState, our defense will prove too difficult to deal with.
Florida..........Win, welcome home Dan!
Auburn..........Loss, we stubb our toe, but it will be a close game. Stidham (Auburn's QB) is battle hardened and the Tigers always have a stout defense.
@LSU...........Win, we show why Coach O was a bad choice for LSU. Dogs enjoy a rare win in the toughest venue in college football.
TAMU...........Win, Jimbo will eventually turn the Aggies around, but not this year, and not this game. We are just better than them.
LaTech.........Win, but be careful with this one. We may not get the huge game changing plays that Simmons gave us last year. We win by 2-3 TDs. @BAMA.........Loss, playing at Tuscaloosa, playing the #1 team, and playing against the Tide with 2 very good QBs is not a recipe for a win. Close game.
ARK..............Win, should be a good game, but we have better players than them this year at least.
@Ole Miss.....Win, we will destroy the Landsharks in Oxford.....probably beat them as bad as SFA.

Notes: The games that make me nervous a bit are KState and Auburn. 10-2 would be a great season and if we were to beat Auburn and BAMA.....it would be insane!

Not bad. I can see this. But, I think K State will peter out in the second half. Our talent, especially our RBs, will take over and control the game. Auburn will be an interesting game. Dan let Gus come back and beat us in two or three games where we should have had it. Let's see if Moorhead tucks his dick twixt his legs like Muffins did too many times. I highly doubt it.

preachermatt83
04-10-2018, 03:09 PM

+1000000

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 03:19 PM
This

It's funny when Bo makes a ridiculous prediction & he talks with that arrogant, smug voice in which he attempts to make himself sound smarter than the average fan. That's when you know he doesn't really believe what he is saying.

This team returns most every contributor to an 8 win team that should've won in 9 2017.

This team beat no one last year that it was not favored against = no fluke wins.

This team beat Louisville in a bowl game without a coaching staff. We've already seen MSU play without Mullen & they beat a Heisman winner

You mean we shouldve won 10....dont be C34 and not count the bowl game. Thats the stupidest shit I've ever seen

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Think about this:

We are the first team in SEC history to return 2 Coaches 1st Team All-SEC DL

msstate7
04-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Think about this:

We are the first team in SEC history to return 2 Coaches 1st Team All-SEC DL

Nice.

Not sure I believe it, but there has been talk rivers is as good or better than both of them

BrunswickDawg
04-10-2018, 03:41 PM
I am Wooly--why not just win them all. I think our defense is elite. If Fitz heals up , we have an Elite QB with 2 stud hosses for running back. Our OL will be glad to block another team besides ours. I think Coaching will make a big difference in our passing game. How dangerous will Fitz be if we have a vertical passing game. Somebody' ass will get skull-drug by our Bulldog express.

People need to stop with the "If Fitz heals up" line. Fitz is running in practice and is doing everything but contact drills (which no QB does in Spring football anyway). He may not be 100% yet, but there is no "if" about Fitz being back.

tcdog70
04-10-2018, 04:03 PM
People need to stop with the "If Fitz heals up" line. Fitz is running in practice and is doing everything but contact drills (which no QB does in Spring football anyway). He may not be 100% yet, but there is no "if" about Fitz being back.

I know he is back-but what I meant was he needs to 100% back--that remains to be seen.. I think he will be back 100%.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2018, 04:03 PM
You mean we shouldve won 10....dont be C34 and not count the bowl game. Thats the stupidest shit I've ever seen

I agree. Bowl games count on your record whether they are wins or losses. Don't know where 34 dreamed up not counting bowl games.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Nice.

Not sure I believe it, but there has been talk rivers is as good or better than both of them
Didn't he out-perform Sweat last spring?

IMissJack
04-10-2018, 04:48 PM
So this team beat LSU like a drum last year. LSU has one of the hardest schedules I have seen and he expects them to win 6, and us to win 7. Right....

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
What an idiot.

That's what Bo Bounds called me in 2015 after I said that Dan Mullen needed to leave because he didn't want to be here.

Too bad I don't have a radio show I guess.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 05:15 PM
That's what Bo Bounds called me in 2015 after I said that Dan Mullen needed to leave because he didn't want to be here.

Doesn't he read this board? I believe His show has an account set up here. I would like to hear him try to justify him saying we'll win 7 games.

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Here's what the "media" doesn't understand.

We have a new coach with an offense very few if any in this league has faced. Advantage is.

We might have a DC that may actually be a better fit because I suspect Shoop is more multiple than Grantham. What I'm getting at is no more JT Gray on AJ Brown. I think we will see 4-2-5, 4-3, and 3-4 looks this year possibly. And this is speculation so grain of salt here.

We will be better on special teams.

We will be more aggressive in our pay calling.

We have a veteran team that while they won the Gator Bowl and spirits are high they are at the same time hungry to right some wrongs last year. They're going to work their ass off and come after people.

We are going to use personnel better. No more Holloway up the middle and starting Zach Jackson and Kivon Coman because they are seniors.

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Doesn't he read this board? I believe His show has an account set up here. I would like to hear him try to justify him saying we'll win 7 games.

He does.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Here's my outlook on the upcoming year:

I believe Fitz at Quarterback will excel under Moorhead in a way he never could under Dan. I know everybody praises Dan for being a quarterback guru, and rightfully so, but I believe Moorhead's aggressive play calling will play right into Fitz's strength. We are going to see vertical play calling that is aggressive no matter the opponent.

At Running Back, Hill and Williams are going to be a dynamic duo that will absolutely rip through some defenses this year. They have an experienced offensive line that is very good to block up front from them, not to mention they are practicing every day against a top 3 SEC defensive line.

At Wide Receiver, our "cause to pause," I don't know a whole lot besides we bring in some key pieces here. I know we will be improved here from last year.

On the Defensive line, WE ARE LOADED. When Kobe Jones is running with the 2's you know it is explosive. This D-Line will absolutely destroy some offensive lines.

At linebacker, Cornerbacks, and safetys, we will be pretty good also.

We have a very good kicker in Jace Christtman.

I am excited to see what this defense will become, and to see how Shoop runs things.
The offense will be the creative, aggressive version of Dan's.

This team is absolutely going to win more than 7 games MARK IT DOWN!

MedDawg
04-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Time for a 'Podd4State' podcast

Jack Lambert
04-10-2018, 06:06 PM
It?s a good show. Bo is just easily manipulated and changes his opinion in order to be seen as smart by others.

edited because I gave him a nick name.

Bothrops
04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Yup. That?s what Bo, inferiority complex Bounds just said.

He is piggy backing off Bartoo saying that we will win 6 games because we play 5 top 15 recruiters in 40+ days and because we lost Mullen.

Bartoo compared the best MSU roster of our life times to Arkansas? roster. Yes. He actually said that.

He also said that MSU?s 8+ win projection in the FPI was too high because MSU lost Mullen. Yet, is A&M?s less because they lost Sumlin? Arkansas because they lost Bert? How about others?

Here is what?s funny, Bo Bounds has MSU winning 7 games, LSU winning 6/7 games, OM winning 6 games, and Arkansas winning about 5 or 6 games. In Bo?s opinion, I guess the SEC West isn?t playing a full schedule this year since nobody is winning more than 6 or 7 games.

Again, this is the best roster in 20+ years and Bo Bounds is saying we?ll 7 games. That is absolutely ludicrous and lazy.

This is one thing that sucks about Mississippi. While media from Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc are finding reasons why their teams will win big, Mississippi media are digging for reasons why we will lose. And the we wonder why we get picked last in the SEC West every year. If in-state media won?t stand up and be honest about the team, why would anyone else?

The inferiority complex, pump the brakes people from Mississippi are too much for me. They literally hold the state back in numerous ways.

Bartool's matrix is based solely on recruiting rankings. People still think recruiting rankings are the be all, end all to winning games. We just have to avoid an early season slip up.

yjnkdawg
04-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Here's my outlook on the upcoming year:

I believe Fitz at Quarterback will excel under Moorhead in a way he never could under Dan. I know everybody praises Dan for being a quarterback guru, and rightfully so, but I believe Moorhead's aggressive play calling will play right into Fitz's strength. We are going to see vertical play calling that is aggressive no matter the opponent.

At Running Back, Hill and Williams are going to be a dynamic duo that will absolutely rip through some defenses this year. They have an experienced offensive line that is very good to block up front from them, not to mention they are practicing every day against a top 3 SEC defensive line.

At Wide Receiver, our "cause to pause," I don't know a whole lot besides we bring in some key pieces here. I know we will be improved here from last year.

On the Defensive line, WE ARE LOADED. When Kobe Jones is running with the 2's you know it is explosive. This D-Line will absolutely destroy some offensive lines.

At linebacker, Cornerbacks, and safetys, we will be pretty good also.

We have a very good kicker in Jace Christtman.

I am excited to see what this defense will become, and to see how Shoop runs things.
The offense will be the creative, aggressive version of Dan's.

This team is absolutely going to win more than 7 games MARK IT DOWN!

With the country club wr coach basking in the sun in FL, and we have a real wr coach in Coach Getsy who can teach them the fundamentals and how to be successful, Deddrick Thomas and Reggie Todd's development may surprise some people this year.

deadheaddawg
04-10-2018, 06:57 PM
He has the talent, but is there any concern with possible growing pains of learning a new offensive or just having a new coach?

There are lots of examples of coaches having good first years so I know it's not unavoidable. I guess I'm just nervous about a first season. Ready to actually see what happens

Jarius
04-10-2018, 07:09 PM
He has the talent, but is there any concern with possible growing pains of learning a new offensive or just having a new coach?

There are lots of examples of coaches having good first years so I know it's not unavoidable. I guess I'm just nervous about a first season. Ready to actually see what happens

Penn State didn't have a problem learning his offense. It's actually a simple offense, per CJM. He said something to the effect of it's a lot better to practice a few things and master them instead of practicing a bunch of things and not doing any of them well. He is big on a lot of repetition.

Leroy Jenkins
04-10-2018, 07:26 PM

Bump myself because I want that money. Come on, Bo, I know you read this. Get at me.

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Didn't he out-perform Sweat last spring?

He is the best DL we have except for Simmons

TUSK
04-10-2018, 10:36 PM
So, Mr. Three Roses has you cats goin' Oh Fer @ Bammer, @ LSU, and vs Aubie, Florida, and A&M?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DV_PzRb1pLk/maxresdefault.jpg

BuckyIsAB****
04-10-2018, 11:06 PM
So, Mr. Three Roses has you cats goin' Oh Fer @ Bammer, @ LSU, and vs Aubie, Florida, and A&M?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DV_PzRb1pLk/maxresdefault.jpg

We probably lose 2 of those at the most. If you made me pick I would say we probably lose to yall at Tuscaloosa and put the committee in a bind with 2 1 loss SEC West teams

TUSK
04-10-2018, 11:13 PM
We probably lose 2 of those at the most. If you made me pick I would say we probably lose to yall at Tuscaloosa and put the committee in a bind with 2 1 loss SEC West teams

Who ya thinkin' will clip Bammer, buddy? I don't see AU winning in TTown, nor Saban losing to Ed O....

Todd4State
04-10-2018, 11:58 PM
Time for a 'Podd4State' podcast

I can't wait for the first pissing match with Sting Ray over who the bigger MSU fan is.*******

Dental Dawg33
04-11-2018, 07:38 AM
Who ya thinkin' will clip Bammer, buddy? I don't see AU winning in TTown, nor Saban losing to Ed O....

Lukester and the Bearsharks, of course***

BuckyIsAB****
04-11-2018, 09:22 AM

If anybody does, it will be us or the Barn

JoseBrown
04-11-2018, 09:49 AM
With the country club wr coach basking in the sun in FL, and we have a real wr coach in Coach Getsy who can teach them the fundamentals and how to be successful, Deddrick Thomas and Reggie Todd's development may surprise some people this year.

I think you are right on with this post.

As far as Bo picking us to win around half our games, he decides what to say about us based on how he thinks his ole piss listeners will react. If you listen, he just can not give State a bit of credit without equating it to something great about ole piss. I just laugh hearing what he comes up with sometimes. He can get away with picking anything, as it is just prognostication. But if he were to pick us to win 9 or 10, he knows it would upset his ole piss listeners so he picks us low to keep them listening.

TrapGame
04-11-2018, 09:57 AM
I think you are right on with this post.

As far as Bo picking us to win around half our games, he decides what to say about us based on how he thinks his ole piss listeners will react. If you listen, he just can not give State a bit of credit without equating it to something great about ole piss. I just laugh hearing what he comes up with sometimes. He can get away with picking anything, as it is just prognostication. But if he were to pick us to win 9 or 10, he knows it would upset his ole piss listeners so he picks us low to keep them listening.

Yep, he was blowing Bo Wallace this morning. Took two calls from om homers that were factual incorrect to say the least about Wallace and Freeze.

ShotgunDawg
04-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Bo Complaining about our schedule this morning.

Yes, we play good teams, but they are spread out without too many road games or elite teams in a row. We should be able to be up for every major game.

Here are my illustrated thoughts on our schedule.

https://i.imgur.com/7Rz5IyW.png

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Hmm... SD I agree with you in general, but I'd put OM a tier below A&M and Florida. yes we get those 2 at home, but they have way more talent then OM, and better coaching. OM is a one trick pony with that passing game... they can't defend at all or run it. A&M and Florida have talent everywhere, so I could see them having a shot. I just think we're too good all round to let OM's 1 trick beat us again, even when you factor in the home and away situation.