PDA

View Full Version : Ole Misses blocking Shea's eligibilty

Cloak
04-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Bears are trying to block Shea from being immediately eligible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-formally-objected-to-michigan-transfer-shea-patterons-waiver-appeal/amp/

I seen it dawg
04-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Good

Bulldog1
04-09-2018, 07:12 PM
I despise Ole Miss. I wish a sinkhole would open up and swallow their atheletic facilities.

Lord McBuckethead
04-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Wow. Ole Miss blowing through this guys eligibility. Hope Yancy copy clips this post and shows it to recruits.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Is his brother still on payroll at Ole Miss or Michigan?

Leroy Jenkins
04-09-2018, 07:17 PM
I honestly dont understand why the NCAA has a hard-on for transfers. You can say that it would create a free-agency and take the "student athlete" part out of college athletics....but c'mon man, lets be honest. If that were really the case why am I immediately eligible if I drop down a classification? Am I less "student"?

I know it creates a tough situation for coaches if they had to re-recruit their own players every year, suck it up.

PassInterference
04-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Barrett Sallee immediately defends Ole Miss. Normal is back.

Turfdawg67
04-09-2018, 07:28 PM
I would love to think they’ll piss the Patterson’s off and it’ll burn OM... but after that 4 year investigation, which included payments and academic fraud, it probably wouldn’t matter. And for those that “think” they were hammered by the NCAA, you need not reply... you’re an imbecile.

Bulldog1
04-09-2018, 07:30 PM
I would love to think they’ll piss the Patterson’s off and it’ll burn OM... but after that 4 year investigation, which included payments and academic fraud, it probably wouldn’t matter. And for those that “think” they were hammered by the NCAA, you need not reply... you’re an imbecile.
Do We actually have people here who think that they got hammered by the NCAA?

msstate7
04-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Good

Doubt this affects us in any way. I want Patterson playing for Michigan bc I think the Michigan Ohio State game could be for a playoff ticket

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2018, 07:31 PM
It’s BS that they are blocking it but it’s honestly better for Patterson’s career. He needs the time.

BulldogBear
04-09-2018, 07:47 PM
I want to say they had better tread carefully. Time will tell but one of these two things is certain:

1) The NCAA is finished

OR

2) Ole Miss has been set up for the kill

Rick Danko
04-09-2018, 07:56 PM
1) The NCAA is finished

Todd4State
04-09-2018, 08:18 PM
Really shitty of Ole Miss but it's also par for the course.

Pollodawg
04-09-2018, 08:26 PM
What would be the point of blocking his xfer other than pettiness. What? You gonna force the kid to come back and play in that half-empty stadium? It’s too much to ask that they stop being petulant children.

The Federalist Engineer
04-09-2018, 09:12 PM
1) The NCAA is finished

The NCAA is finished - who gets credit?

(1) Cam Scam?
(2) UNC
(3) Ole Miss

Token Bammer
04-09-2018, 09:18 PM

(1) Cam Scam?
(2) UNC
(3) Ole Miss

Cam. *U set the bar.

Dawg61
04-09-2018, 09:46 PM
He hires Mars this'll get overturned and OM will wear more egg on the face.

deadheaddawg
04-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Is there anyway they can even try to spin this as not out of spite? They will not play Michigan

JDog13
04-09-2018, 10:00 PM
They took the full time to respond, even with Michigan sending all the info. They are a sad bunch.

Todd4State
04-09-2018, 11:37 PM
He hires Mars this'll get overturned and OM will wear more egg on the face.

This all day. And Shea should be a lesson to recruits who go there thinking that by going to a 6-6 program that won't develop them they are making a good business decision because they throw a ton of money at them.

BiscuitEater
04-10-2018, 03:59 AM
Is his brother still on payroll at Ole Miss or Michigan?

Have heard that he is and has been moved to 'recruiting' department. Plus, they just hired 19 new interns to work recruiting.

BiscuitEater
04-10-2018, 04:09 AM
What would be the point of blocking his xfer other than pettiness.

It does keep that 'Ole Miss' name out there in the public eye.

OM might just not want to pi$$ off that Mars guy .. dude is good!

Dawgology
04-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Based on what we have witnessed over the past six months: the NCAA is toothless if you stand up against them and/or corrupt or totally incompetent. I can see Ole Miss getting their 2nd bowl ban waived and Shea being blocked. At this point, with the NCAA, absolutely nothing would suprise me. I used to be against converting NCAA football to a paid minor league but now I'm all for it. At this point....why not? The "amateur" farce of the NCAA has gone on long enough. Time to shelf the NCAA and try something new.

FISHDAWG
04-10-2018, 07:44 AM
Have heard that he is and has been moved to 'recruiting' department. Plus, they just hired 19 new interns to work recruiting.

OH ... so now we're calling them interns ?

Ari Gold
04-10-2018, 07:46 AM

I’m sure thier dads are so proud...

Bully13
04-10-2018, 07:57 AM

LOL,

on a side note, if tsun pisses off the Pattersons couldn't they lower the boom on tsun after Shay's eligibility is up?

Pollodawg
04-10-2018, 08:14 AM
This should serve as an example to any recruit planning to sign there. Ole Miss doesn’t give a shit about you any further than they have use for you.

Turfdawg67
04-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Do We actually have people here who think that they got hammered by the NCAA?

A few, believe it or not.

Bulldog1
04-10-2018, 08:32 AM
A few, believe it or not.

Unreal. I bet I could guess who.

Tbonewannabe
04-10-2018, 08:41 AM

Benefits UM twofold. Now they will be able to expense them and also it will probably be cheaper than busing them from Memphis or wherever.

notsofarawaydawg
04-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Funny how the Clarion Liar is blowing off about the #1 ranked recruiting class for tsun football. $$$$$$$$$$

coachnorm
04-10-2018, 10:03 AM

(1) Cam Scam?
(2) UNC
(3) Ole Miss

Do not forget Todd McNair. His lawsuit has exposed the NCAA by releasing large portions of the NCAA's inner workings. Many hundreds or thousands of emails and documentations are available on pdf's on the internet.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Funny how the Clarion Liar is blowing off about the #1 ranked recruiting class for tsun football. $$$$$$$$$$

I'm surprised that media has decided to report a meaningless mirage.

Clearly, OM has made an effort to get it reported, but I'm surprised the media went along with it.

Bully13
04-10-2018, 11:29 AM
That's gotta be the stupidest sports reporting I've seen. Did they not even say why?

Political Hack
04-10-2018, 11:38 AM

(1) Cam Scam?
(2) UNC
(3) Ole Miss

Me. I?ll take credit.

Political Hack
04-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Do not forget Todd McNair. His lawsuit has exposed the NCAA by releasing large portions of the NCAA's inner workings. Many hundreds or thousands of emails and documentations are available on pdf's on the internet.

There’s a huge growing contingent of people who dislike them, including some very powerful people who see their political strong-handing as contrary to an open market system and damaging to young athletes who are being used by a “non-profit” for profit. I’ve had several reporters, names y’all would know, call me to diacuss how unethical the Miss state investigation was back in 2012-2013. Once the media decides to dig in, I suspect it’ll be the beginning of the end. The final blow will come when the power 5 conferences decide to govern themselves.

coachnorm
04-10-2018, 12:18 PM
There’s a huge growing contingent of people who dislike them, including some very powerful people who see their political strong-handing as contrary to an open market system and damaging to young athletes who are being used by a “non-profit” for profit. I’ve had several reporters, names y’all would know, call me to diacuss how unethical the Miss state investigation was back in 2012-2013. Once the media decides to dig in, I suspect it’ll be the beginning of the end. The final blow will come when the power 5 conferences decide to govern themselves.

I would like to further support your statement. Strangely, this support comes from the west coast. Both the California Supreme Court and the US 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals have spanked the NCAA in the O'Bannon litigation. I believe that the NCAA was hit with almost $70 Million in legal costs not including various compensation. McNair's legals costs will probably easily triple or quad because the well versed west coast courts are going to punish the NCAA, this not including McNair's compensation. Unless Mark Emmert somehow escaped his court ordered deposition, last week, more documentations will expose the NCAA. In this case Emmert either incriminates his own organization or he spends time in a California jail for perjury?

coachnorm
04-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Just an update for fellow elite doggers. Mark Emmert was deposed last week as the newspaper article states. FYI, take notice that a University Of Colorado affiliate, Utoff, is stated in this article. McNair's legal team has accessed the University Of Colorado's mainframe also and are looking to litigate against that University because he represented them as a Colorado affiliate. I hope fellow doggers enjoy the chaos being rained on the NCAA.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-todd-mcnair-trial-20180410-story.html