PDA

View Full Version : Random Baseball Stuff

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 10:34 PM
This weekend was fun but I'm not sold on it being sustainable. Not so much because of the players but because of Henderson. It has been a rough year but this was a nice reprieve and no matter what happens we have better days ahead. I'm enjoying this now but we still have the Governor's Cup to go.

Our RPI jumped up from 91 to 70 as I type this. We probably need to get into the 30's to get in and we have just about no margin for error at this time. We probably need to win series against Auburn, must win the Alabama series on the road, probably win Arkansas, Kentucky on the road, and A&M at home. Also need to win the Governor's Cup and WE MUST AVOID losing to Alabama State and Memphis. That leaves the Florida series- and we'll see what we need to do at that time. After all the road games we have three SEC series in Starkville and three on the road. And the rest of our midweek games are on the road or neutral site games. I have my doubts but even if we miss the Regionals and finish with a winning record I will be impressed. If we have a losing record I'll be happy that we won the Shriner's Classic and this weekend series.

We're going to hire an elite coach at the end of the year. The rumors are starting to pop up amongst people I consider trustworthy at the same time it's too soon to call anything. If you are a casual fan and want to follow the coaching search and maybe make a more educated opinion on the search I would suggest following in no particular order- Louisville, Texas Tech, TCU, and Oregon State. I have heard that whoever we hire will have at least one assistant with scouting ties- and that makes me happy. Again these are rumors and if I am wrong- I'll just go drink a cup of coffee.

Not MSU related- but the Cardinals need to fire Matheny and hire Joe Girardi ASAP. And I learned today to never, never, ever call Yadier Molina a mother ****er.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Not MSU related- but the Cardinals need to fire Matheny and hire Joe Girardi ASAP. And I learned today to never, never, ever call Yadier Molina a mother ****er.

Y’all stay away from Girardi. We want him if we can Snitker.

confucius say
04-08-2018, 10:39 PM
We need to go 14-8 in our last 22. That would get us in. Not happening, but that?s the math.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Remaining Conference Schedule, Opponent RPI
@Auburn- 10
Arkansas- 4
aTm- 21
@Bama- 42
@Kentucky- 18
Florida- 3

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Heck no it's not sustainable. We aren't a good team & have below average talent.

4 things need to happen for this year to be a success:

1. Don't lose so many games that the culture of the program is destroyed. (I think we'll be fine here)
2. Lose enough games that Henderson is absolutely not hired. (We are good here)
3. Lose enough games that Cohen feels pressure to make an elite hire. (I think we are good here)
4. Make an elite hire

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Y’all stay away from Girardi. We want him if we can Snitker.

The rumor is Mo is in contact with Girardi or at least has an open line at this time. The Cardinals shook up their entire coaching staff in the offseason and I think that was a heads up to Matheny although they let Mabry stay as hitting coach.

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Heck no it's not sustainable. We aren't a good team & have below average talent.

1. Don't lose so many games that the culture of the program is destroyed. (I think we'll be fine here)
3. Lose enough games that Cohen feels pressure to make an elite hire. (I think we are good here)
4. Make an elite hire

I agree on all points.

MarketingBully
04-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Hey Todd, if it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and acts like a duck it could be a duck. If I was a betting man I’d put money on the coach that would piss off Ole Miss fans if we hired him and another team would just call us daddy in 2018....

weblow
04-09-2018, 07:10 AM
I will follow up this post with an opinion and an observation. I have followed our baseball dawgs to almost every away venue and don’t miss a home game so i feel like i have done my research.

Our fans absolutely suck that sit in the chairbacks. Beyond a shadow of a doubt....they suck.

Was hoping the new stadium with some reseating would change it. It didn’t. Today, the 120 Ole Miss fans sitting in the chair backs were twice as loud as our shitty fans. Now how the ole miss fans got in the chairbacks is a different topic for later.

Our fans cannot even be bothered to stand.......or even clap. To yell or chant something is asking way too damn much. Yesterday we were in extra innings against the number 3 team in the nation and our fans in the chairbacks had as much energy as an old lady at an assisted living facility. Don’t get me wrong, they will make a little noise for a hit or a run but supporting the pitcher, clapping together for a rally, cheering.........they suck at it.

Now you go to Alex Box or Blue Bell and every single fan in the chairbacks is clapping, cheering, taking part in the chant going on. It makes them crazy good places to play and can swing a game, get in the players head, lift our players up.

It is shit. I agree this team has not provided much to watch but you showed up yesterday to watch a baseball game and we were in it. The team had crazy good energy, the ole miss fans had crazy good energy, 90% of the fans in the chairbacks sat on their fat asses with a blank look on their faces. Damn Candy Man was trying his ass off to get the fans rolling. He was successful a couple times but even then it was 20% of our fans yelling.

Just piss poor. If you are one of the fans I am talking about, **** off. If you know one of the fans I am talking about, tell them to **** off for me.

The game was great and the team showed up. Letting the Rebs get louder than us in our stadium was bullshit. It isn’t enough to just buy your chairbacks. Makes some damn noise.

Now, carry on with the rest of your day. Thank you for your call.

Bulldog1
04-09-2018, 07:22 AM
We’ve got to win baseball games and it’s up to the coach to put us in the best position to win games, we’ll see if he will do that from now on, but I doubt it.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-09-2018, 08:07 AM
I will follow up this post with an opinion and an observation. I have followed our baseball dawgs to almost every away venue and don?t miss a home game so i feel like i have done my research.

Our fans absolutely suck that sit in the chairbacks. Beyond a shadow of a doubt....they suck.

Was hoping the new stadium with some reseating would change it. It didn?t. Today, the 120 Ole Miss fans sitting in the chair backs were twice as loud as our shitty fans. Now how the ole miss fans got in the chairbacks is a different topic for later.

Our fans cannot even be bothered to stand.......or even clap. To yell or chant something is asking way too damn much. Yesterday we were in extra innings against the number 3 team in the nation and our fans in the chairbacks had as much energy as an old lady at an assisted living facility. Don?t get me wrong, they will make a little noise for a hit or a run but supporting the pitcher, clapping together for a rally, cheering.........they suck at it.

Now you go to Alex Box or Blue Bell and every single fan in the chairbacks is clapping, cheering, taking part in the chant going on. It makes them crazy good places to play and can swing a game, get in the players head, lift our players up.

It is shit. I agree this team has not provided much to watch but you showed up yesterday to watch a baseball game and we were in it. The team had crazy good energy, the ole miss fans had crazy good energy, 90% of the fans in the chairbacks sat on their fat asses with a blank look on their faces. Damn Candy Man was trying his ass off to get the fans rolling. He was successful a couple times but even then it was 20% of our fans yelling.

Just piss poor. If you are one of the fans I am talking about, **** off. If you know one of the fans I am talking about, tell them to **** off for me.

The game was great and the team showed up. Letting the Rebs get louder than us in our stadium was bullshit. It isn?t enough to just buy your chairbacks. Makes some damn noise.

I agree with what you?re saying, but just one note...we didn?t actually reseat the stadium this year. We will next year. But I still don?t have faith until I actually see it that the butts will show up to fill those seats on a consistent basis. We?ll reset some records when we play in a super, and the first season that it is complete we?ll have some decent crowds, but a random weekend series after that I?m afraid will fall back to what we?ve been used to the past few years. Of course a lot will depend on the product on the field, but we?ve lost the right to call ourselves the best baseball fans in the country until we start acting like it again and show up EVERY weekend like is happening in Fayetteville, College Station and heaven forbid Oxford, Ms.

shoeless joe
04-09-2018, 08:18 AM
I thought it was a punk move by yadi. Gonna go after the coach? Really? I also think it was a punk move by the coach to repeatedly refer to yadi in that way like that but I think interjecting his displeasure verbally woulda come off better than actually goin after him. And in his post game quotes he talked about "professionalism"....really???

All that said yadi is a great player who prolly does get the benfkt of some calls and I do love a good baseball dust up so I enjoyed the frakus.

Choctaw Dawg
04-09-2018, 09:10 AM
I will follow up this post with an opinion and an observation. I have followed our baseball dawgs to almost every away venue and don’t miss a home game so i feel like i have done my research.

Was hoping the new stadium with some reseating would change it. It didn’t. Today, the 120 Ole Miss fans sitting in the chair backs were twice as loud as our shitty fans. Now how the ole miss fans got in the chairbacks is a different topic for later.

Our fans cannot even be bothered to stand.......or even clap. To yell or chant something is asking way too damn much. Yesterday we were in extra innings against the number 3 team in the nation and our fans in the chairbacks had as much energy as an old lady at an assisted living facility. Don’t get me wrong, they will make a little noise for a hit or a run but supporting the pitcher, clapping together for a rally, cheering.........they suck at it.

The game was great and the team showed up. Letting the Rebs get louder than us in our stadium was bullshit. It isn’t enough to just buy your chairbacks. Makes some damn noise.

I agree, what I was hoping for since last season is that since we were getting a new stadium that just maybe we would get new stadium music instead of that bland crap they have been playing on the speakers the past few years. Not only that but they play it repeatedly and that music is more of a nuisance and is the kind that does not belong at a baseball game. It's just too repetitive after a while.

Offshore Dawg
04-09-2018, 09:17 AM
I agree with what you?re saying, but just one note...we didn?t actually reseat the stadium this year. We will next year. But I still don?t have faith until I actually see it that the butts will show up to fill those seats on a consistent basis. We?ll reset some records when we play in a super, and the first season that it is complete we?ll have some decent crowds, but a random weekend series after that I?m afraid will fall back to what we?ve been used to the past few years. Of course a lot will depend on the product on the field, but we?ve lost the right to call ourselves the best baseball fans in the country until we start acting like it again and show up EVERY weekend like is happening in Fayetteville, College Station and heaven forbid Oxford, Ms.

This is part of our problem, we are more concerned with attendance records while schools like
lsu are winning National championship's

Backwoodsdawg
04-09-2018, 09:24 AM
I will follow up this post with an opinion and an observation. I have followed our baseball dawgs to almost every away venue and don?t miss a home game so i feel like i have done my research.

Was hoping the new stadium with some reseating would change it. It didn?t. Today, the 120 Ole Miss fans sitting in the chair backs were twice as loud as our shitty fans. Now how the ole miss fans got in the chairbacks is a different topic for later.

Our fans cannot even be bothered to stand.......or even clap. To yell or chant something is asking way too damn much. Yesterday we were in extra innings against the number 3 team in the nation and our fans in the chairbacks had as much energy as an old lady at an assisted living facility. Don?t get me wrong, they will make a little noise for a hit or a run but supporting the pitcher, clapping together for a rally, cheering.........they suck at it.

The game was great and the team showed up. Letting the Rebs get louder than us in our stadium was bullshit. It isn?t enough to just buy your chairbacks. Makes some damn noise.

Best Damn post of the year!!!! To hell with all the sorry bastards that moan and groan and don't support the team!

BuckyIsAB****
04-09-2018, 10:12 AM

4. Make an elite hire

I think we are talented it was just a perfect storm to kill it. Cann not doing shit all offseason, Cann getting Canned, then Henderson not being very good.

If you really look at this team, we should have won the Mizzou series but we made mistakes that a young team does, and Hendo didnt help very much.

I thought they competed well with LSU, hard to win a series down there. Vandy is just good and we just beat a team that some of yall were crowning as national champions. (Which is pathetic)

Cooterpoot
04-09-2018, 10:24 AM
A poster named Weblow calling out fans for not cheering..........hmm...lol.

weblow
04-09-2018, 11:35 AM
A poster named Weblow calling out fans for not cheering..........hmm...lol.

It was the name from the other board. It was created right after one of Croom’s craptacular losses. I created it .......well.....because at that time weblew. But at was there in my seats cheering on anything positive that happened.

No trolling here, yesterday was a shit show of fan support and it wasn’t because asses were not in the seats. For once we had a lot of fans there and they simply couldn’t be bothered to support the team. The stance of “I paid a lot of money for these tickets, that is how I am supporting this team.” And that stance my friend, is the issue with fan support for each sport.

Our fans literally sat there and coulnd’t be bothered to make a bit of noise the entire damn game. Don’t believe me? Go sit there and watch our fans......then pull up a game at LSU, ATM, Ark, hell I hate to say it, Oxford. The difference is striking.

basedog
04-09-2018, 12:39 PM
It was the name from the other board. It was created right after one of Croom’s craptacular losses. I created it .......well.....because at that time weblew. But at was there in my seats cheering on anything positive that happened.

No trolling here, yesterday was a shit show of fan support and it wasn’t because asses were not in the seats. For once we had a lot of fans there and they simply couldn’t be bothered to support the team. The stance of “I paid a lot of money for these tickets, that is how I am supporting this team.” And that stance my friend, is the issue with fan support for each sport.

Our fans literally sat there and coulnd’t be bothered to make a bit of noise the entire damn game. Don’t believe me? Go sit there and watch our fans......then pull up a game at LSU, ATM, Ark, hell I hate to say it, Oxford. The difference is striking.

Your assessment of shitty fans is about one game or maybe one season not the history of Msu baseball fans. Sorry you didn't enjoy the baseball more, seems you were into the crowd**

I'm not feeling your anger, just saying. Btw, I care more about what is going on in the field.

weblow
04-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Your assessment of shitty fans is about one game or maybe one season not the history of Msu baseball fans. Sorry you didn't enjoy the baseball more, seems you were into the crowd**

I'm not feeling your anger, just saying. Btw, I care more about what is going on in the field.

And there is the problem. The thought that you couldn’t possibly care about what is going on on the field and actually participate as a fan. Why not both? Maybe that is just at other schools that is possible. Bet those LSU fans and ATM fans don’t even watch the game, they just enjoy cheering.

Thank you.....you just proved my point for me.

And my assessment isn’t about 1 game......I don’t miss a baseball game including Houston or the trip around TX and LA. No buddy, it is based on a hell of a lot more than that.

BrunswickDawg
04-09-2018, 01:48 PM
And there is the problem. The thought that you couldn’t possibly care about what is going on on the field and actually participate as a fan. Why not both? Maybe that is just at other schools that is possible. Bet those LSU fans and ATM fans don’t even watch the game, they just enjoy cheering.

And my assessment isn’t about 1 game......I don’t miss a baseball game including Houston or the trip around TX and LA. No buddy, it is based on a hell of a lot more than that.

So what you are saying is - all the old stick in mud blue hairs who used to get pissed at people standing during a football game and get offended by "the rap musics" over the PA system and the Hardee's commercials with cleavage on the Jumbotron all go to baseball games and are as "excited" about the game as they are in football. Shocking.

basedog
04-09-2018, 01:51 PM

And may I inform you I have been a lifetime follower of the Msu baseball team. I'm far from the so call problem, I probably have seen and traveled to more baseball games than most.

I've seen way more great cheering fans, I can't speak for your experience, as me, yep on me being more concerned over what the product is on the field, not with paying customers who may be enjoying the game just as you.

Click an ad!

weblow
04-09-2018, 02:21 PM
And may I inform you I have been a lifetime follower of the Msu baseball team. I'm far from the so call problem, I probably have seen and traveled to more baseball games than most.

I've seen way more great cheering fans, I can't speak for your experience, as me, yep on me being more concerned over what the product is on the field, not with paying customers who may be enjoying the game just as you.

Click an ad!

You sir are the fan I am talking about. If you were there yesterday, we were in a dogfight with the number 3 team in the nation. Candy man walked behind the home dugout and was trying his best to get all the fans involved. So much so that some little kid ran up and was trying to help him. 20% ....... maybe 20% of the fans joined in. The players were even turning around motioning for the stands to get louder. Several of them were even complaining about it.

Lost cause though with this type of thinking. Good Day

I am thrilled at the amount of baseball you have seen and just ask that our fans freaking cheer on our teams. I have been to games where the fans chanting, cheering....completely threw a pitcher off his game.

It is absurd that fans can’t do both. I am also concerned about the product on the field but I have the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time. Be concerned about what is going on on the field.....matter of fact....play a part in it and get in the game.

basedog
04-09-2018, 02:24 PM
You sir are the fan I am talking about. If you were there yesterday, we were in a dogfight with the number 3 team in the nation. Candy man walked behind the home dugout and was trying his best to get all the fans involved. So much so that some little kid ran up and was trying to help him. 20% ....... maybe 20% of the fans joined in. The players were even turning around motioning for the stands to get louder. Several of them were even complaining about it.

I am thrilled at the amount of baseball you have seen and just ask that our fans freaking cheer on our teams. I have been to games where the fans chanting, cheering....completely threw a pitcher off his game.

It is absurd that fans can’t do both. I am also concerned about the product on the field but I have the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time. Be concerned about what is going on on the field.....matter of fact....play a part in it and get in the game.

I'm way more involved in all sports, being an ex coach helps me understand the game(s).

confucius say
04-09-2018, 02:35 PM

At least they were at the game. Kudos to them. Wish I could have joined.

Percho
04-09-2018, 02:41 PM
So what you are saying is - all the old stick in mud blue hairs who used to get pissed at people standing during a football game and get offended by "the rap musics" over the PA system and the Hardee's commercials with cleavage on the Jumbotron all go to baseball games and are as "excited" about the game as they are in football. Shocking.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=769&ei=q8HLWvCDLYeGjwTh8bPwBA&q=Hardee%27s+commercials+with+cleavage&o