PDA

View Full Version : What's Mullen's Worst Loss since 2010 kicked off?

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I think most will agree 5-7 was pretty exciting in 2009. I'll
give him a pass for that year. his losses since:

Auburn
@LSU
@Bama
Arkansas

@Auburn
LSU
@Georgia
South Carolina
Bama
@Arkansas

@Bama
@LSU
A&M
@OM
Northwestern (neutral site)

Ok State (neutral site)
@Auburn
LSU

There's not a Maine on there. The worst loss IMO was to a 5-win OM team on the road last year who wanted nothing more in the world than to shut him up. I also think Auburn this year is a bad loss because we are a better football team than they are, but it was on the road and the first big game for Dak.

All in all, people may complain about not knocking off the big boys, but we also have to realize that we're not losing to crap teams anymore either. We're LIGHTYEARS ahead of where we were when CDM took over. I do think this is a make or break year for him though, and I think he's set up to fail with five teams who at one time or another were top twelve.

bluelightstar
10-06-2013, 07:14 PM
OK State or Ole Miss last year

Will James
10-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Egg Bowl loss or Texas A&M just how that 1st half went.

Auburn this year was pretty bad.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
For me, it was Northwestern. That was an awful job by the coaching staff and team. No energy at all.

Our worst performance was Texas A&M last year.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
For me, it was Northwestern. That was an awful job by the coaching staff and team. No energy at all.

Our worst performance was Texas A&M last year.

yes and yes

Bothrops
10-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Most destructive loss= Auburn 2011
Worst performance= A&M 2012...But, 2011 at Georgia was just as bad. Classy Mark Richt called 'em off in the 2nd half.
Worst give away= Auburn 2013
Most embarrassing loss= Northwestern 2013

Worst overall loss= Ole Miss 2012 Too many reasons...

HIGHDOG
10-07-2013, 06:09 AM
hack - good analysis!!...prob not a popular view, but right now - i'm not sure firing him @ this time is the correct thing to do...tom

Dawgface
10-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Let's see....there are so many to pick from. The a&m game as they just killed us.

Bullmutt
10-07-2013, 12:05 PM
OM 2012- we got yard-bitched after CDM said he didn't know if we would ever lose to them again.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
outside of that one OM loss, I just don't see a whole lot we can bitch about realistically. we've had a few lackluster performances, but very team does (except Saban's team).

iF we would've won the egg bowl last year, OM would've stayed home during bowl season, we would've had a 9 win season, and we'd be yelling 4-0 and laughing at them. our fans have let one bad game define our current existence. We're a better program than them right now IMO, and I think that's about to start showing pretty clearly. Had we not scheduled Okie State, we're 3-2 at worst going into 2 wins. And I think we would've likely beat Auburn too had we not played that game (injuries).

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 12:18 PM
1. OM in 2012
2. Aub in 2011
3. Aub in 2013
4. SC in 2011

That's my top 4. That SC loss really stung me because I thought we outplayed them the whole game and gave it away at the end by sticking our shortest CB on Jeffrey to give away a jump ball TD. I also have nightmares of TR overthrowing Brandon Heavens at the 10 yard line 5 yards behind the SC DB that cost us a TD. That game should have been a win.

bluelightstar
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
outside of that one OM loss, I just don't see a whole lot we can bitch about realistically. we've had a few lackluster performances, but very team does (except Saban's team).

iF we would've won the egg bowl last year, OM would've stayed home during bowl season, we would've had a 9 win season, and we'd be yelling 4-0 and laughing at them. our fans have let one bad game define our current existence. We're a better program than them right now IMO, and I think that's about to start showing pretty clearly. Had we not scheduled Okie State, we're 3-2 at worst going into 2 wins. And I think we would've likely beat Auburn too had we not played that game (injuries).

Again, injuries could've happened against anyone. I'm pretty sure Jay was injured in the first half, when starters would have been playing regardless.