PDA

View Full Version : De'Runnya Wilson is who we should be talking about.....

Goat Holder
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Dude will be a stud.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Yep, been saying it a while. He should get all of Morrow's snaps. He is our best blocking WR already too it appears. Stud. I agree

Goat Holder
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Morrow made a good catch last night. He shouldn't be written off either.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Yep, been saying it a while. He should get all of Morrow's snaps. He is our best blocking WR already too it appears. Stud. I agree

+1 Welcome to the bandwagon. I've been on it since Week 1.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Morrow made a good catch last night. He shouldn't be written off either.

Regarding Morrow....Should he be Written off? No. But made a priority in our offense the way he has lately? No.

There is zero sense in making DeRunnya an "every now and then" WR right now while morrow is starting and getting 5-6 targets a game. They should be reversed from this point forward when it comes to targets. And where in the hell did RoJo disappear too? Did he even have a ball thrown his way against LSU? That was strange

Coach34
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Yep, been saying it a while. He should get all of Morrow's snaps

He cant because he doesnt know what to do all the time yet.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
He cant because he doesnt know what to do all the time yet.

Then teach his ass. If it is that damn hard to learn routes in our offense, how the hell do teams like Texas Tech, A&M, etc have freshman contributors. I'm not buying that argument for a second. It's more of Mullen wanting to "work the freshmen in" while playing the upperclassmen. It's game 6, he knows the routes, and if he doesn't let him know that he would get more PT if he did. You can tell that D Wilson wants to play and gives it everything when he is out there...so I HIGHLY doubt it's because he doesn't know the plays or "what to do". Mullen may tell people that, but this guy isn't buying it.

EnterpriseDawg
10-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Morrow has shown good progression each week. If anything I'd like to see he and Derunnya on opposite sides of the field with a heavy dose of Jameon in the underneath passes.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Alot of other teams have guys that arent in only their 2nd year of playing football

CJDAWG85
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I thought Morrow played well last night... Needs to get meaner and go get the ball though... I'm very excited to see how Wilson progresses... We need to send him long on a couple of plays this week again

hacker
10-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Derunnya IS a "contributor." He's not getting 100% of snaps, but he's playing a good bit and making plays. You got to remember that other freshman WRs at those colleges you mention probably have a lot more football experience than Derunnya too.

chef dixon
10-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see Ross get the ball a little more. He certainly looks like a natural, although I know he's had a couple drops.

hacker
10-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Derunnya, Ross, Jameon, M. Johnson -- our WR corps is going to be mighty nice next year.

msstate7
10-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Derunnya, Ross, Jameon, M. Johnson -- our WR corps is going to be mighty nice next year.

I've been very unimpressed with Malcolm Johnson so far this year. I expected much more from a guy that could be an advantage for us. Don't know if I should be disappointed with Malcolm or Mullen

Coach34
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
I've been very unimpressed with Malcolm Johnson so far this year. I expected much more from a guy that could be an advantage for us. Don't know if I should be disappointed with Malcolm or Mullen

Mullen didnt drop the pass that would have given us a 1st and goal at the 5 in the 1st Q on our 2nd drive

mic
10-06-2013, 11:40 PM
when Tubby isn't in the game... I would love to see us run with Dak at QB some ...
Double TE Malcom and Hill
J Rob
and D Wilson and either Ross or Rojo..

That's lots of size lots and lets you pound the ball... but also have some great play action options..
See Stanford.....

Dawg61
10-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Dude will be a stud.

How many times did we try to throw deep to him after his TD? That's the shit that is mind blowing with this staff. Lewis over the middle and Wilson running the deep pattern should of been 2/3 of all the plays called. Run whatever on the 3rd play. Ground game was a total scratcher too. Where the 17 is Ashton Shumpert? He is better than Robinson imo. He needs to be FED! Let Shumpert eat Dan Mullen. You stubborn dumbass.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2013, 12:18 AM
How many times did we try to throw deep to him after his TD? That's the shit that is mind blowing with this staff. Lewis over the middle and Wilson running the deep pattern should of been 2/3 of all the plays called. Run whatever on the 3rd play. Ground game was a total scratcher too. Where the 17 is Ashton Shumpert? He is better than Robinson imo. He needs to be FED! Let Shumpert eat Dan Mullen. You stubborn dumbass.

FAIL. Your football opinions are hereafter invalid. Robinson is averaging over 5 YPC and has developed into a solid blocker in pass pro. He's also starting to show solid hands in the pass game in very limited opportunities. If anything, he should have his number of carries swapped with Perk's, if any change to the run game is made. He also has the best vision of any RB on the team. Btw, Perk has looked better between the tackles since Dak took over. Hmmmm......

I understand that Shump is the shiny new toy, but slow your roll. I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum that pass pro is a HUGE reason we aren't seeing much of Shump, as is true with the majority of young RBs. He's clearly our 3rd best back right now. So who's really the dumbass? Here's a hint: It isn't Dan Mullen.

Dawg61
10-07-2013, 12:22 AM
FAIL. Your football opinions are hereafter invalid. Robinson is averaging over 5 YPC and has developed into a solid blocker in pass pro. He's also starting to show solid hands in the pass game in very limited opportunities. If anything, he should have his number of carries swapped with Perk's, if any change to the run game is made. He also has the best vision of any RB on the team. Btw, Perk has looked better between the tackles since Dak took over. Hmmmm......

I understand that Shump is the shiny new toy, but slow your roll. I'd be willing to bet a hefty sum that pass pro is a HUGE reason we aren't seeing much of Shump, as is true with the majority of young RBs. He's clearly our 3rd best back right now. So who's really the dumbass? Here's a hint: It isn't Dan Mullen.

You're a 17ing moron and your opinions are prehistoric. Quit replying to my posts troll.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
You're a 17ing moron and your opinions are prehistoric. Quit replying to my posts troll.

Way to respond with facts and/or stats to disprove my assertion that J-Rob & Perk are both better RBs right now.**

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
I think we need to script 3-4 touches a game for Holloway.

FISHDAWG
10-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Way to respond with facts and/or stats to disprove my assertion that J-Rob & Perk are both better RBs right now.**

I think they are too but need to be used a little differently .... all those glamorous freshman @ OM can't seem to get it done either

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I think we need to script 3-4 touches a game for Holloway.

I would agree with you, but unfortunately he has yet to realize that we need him to take it to the outside, and ONLY to the outside. Dude is literally going to be broken in half on the field at some point I'm afraid. You have to admire his courage, but Brandon, don't cut it up in between the tackles on a sweep play against LSU son. If he can learn to be a Trindon Holliday type and always try to get the corners....he could be a weapon.

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 09:51 AM
He's good. Super tall as well. I was happy we didn't get a push off call on that big play. I think our receivers will be tremendously good at the end of the season and next year.

Coach34
10-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Ground game was a total scratcher too. Where the 17 is Ashton Shumpert? He is better than Robinson imo. He needs to be FED! Let Shumpert eat Dan Mullen. You stubborn dumbass.

Ummmm-what?

Our TB's ran the ball 16 times for 121 yards. They averaged 7.6 a carry. There are just no carries for Shump

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Ummmm-what?

Our TB's ran the ball 16 times for 121 yards. They averaged 7.6 a carry. There are just no carries for Shump

I think we look good with anyone in the game at RB. We have never been short on quality backs. I don't see why we burned his RS but that's besides the point. I would think we need to find ways to get him in the game though just because we did burn his RS.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I think we look good with anyone in the game at RB. We have never been short on quality backs. I don't see why we burned his RS but that's besides the point. I would think we need to find ways to get him in the game though just because we did burn his RS.

I think that was part of the deal with Ashton. I think he wanted to come to State, but wanted to go somewhere that he was guaranteed to play some in his first year. He got both at state, and will likely play some over the next few games as well.

I may be wrong on that though

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I think that was part of the deal with Ashton. I think he wanted to come to State, but wanted to go somewhere that he was guaranteed to play some in his first year. He got both at state, and will likely play some over the next few games as well.

I may be wrong on that though

I hope so. I liked watching him roll over guys.

trob115
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I too have been on the D. Wilson bandwagon before he even committed. He's going to be a freak once he learns the plays. That being said, it's mind blowing how we don't utilize him more in the offense. He has a 6" advantage over anyone guarding him. After the td pass, we never threw to him again. Morrow has progressed a lot this season. I believe by the end of this season, we will have two 6'5" + legit threats. Our Qb's should be salivating at the opportunity to throw a jump ball in the endzone, but I have yet to see that properly called this season.