PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bryant leaving

I seen it dawg
04-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Posted on his twitter he was leaving and thanks and good luck. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

mstatefan91
04-08-2018, 12:20 PM
I seen it

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 12:24 PM
What a disappointment. Good luck wherever he goes.

Moorhead weeding out the turds

starkvegasdawg
04-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Guess he can take bad angles and miss tackles somewhere else now.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Wish him well, but bye!

RocketDawg
04-08-2018, 12:29 PM
What a disappointment. Good luck wherever he goes.

Moorhead weeding out the turds

So he's being dismissed rather than just leaving on his own?

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Actually Smart on Bryant?s part

He?s the 3rd or 4th safety and he?s missing Spring practice.

If he wants to play in the NFL, then he needs to play his SR year.

Doesn?t look like that was going to happen much at MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 12:40 PM

As Croom said he was probably ''asked to resign''

He saw the writing on the wall either way. No more playing time because you have a Jr or Sr next to your name.

I seen it dawg
04-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Country club is no more

msbulldog
04-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Damn shame, lot of potential talent wasted.

RocketDawg
04-08-2018, 02:00 PM
As Croom said he was probably ''asked to resign''

He saw the writing on the wall either way. No more playing time because you have a Jr or Sr next to your name.

That's a good thing. Sherrill was bad about that too. Can't remember if Croom was or not.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Country club is no more

Yep. Best thing that could?ve happened was busting up the country club.

Jack Lambert
04-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Posted on his twitter he was leaving and thanks and good luck. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

I don't like bashing players but he made way more mistakes then good plays. He was on the field because of his speed not for his football smarts. He should not have been starting. His angle in the Bama game allowed Hurt to score a TD. Maybe now we will have someone who can play the position correctly.

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 03:53 PM
His lack of effort at times, esp in 16 was terrible. But you cant help but feel for the kid bc he was good as a freshman then his Dad passed and he was never the same

fader2103
04-08-2018, 04:54 PM
That's a good thing. Sherrill was bad about that too. Can't remember if Croom was or not.

One thing I liked about Croom he started who he thought was best. He also cleaned up the bad apples on the team.

BeardoMSU
04-08-2018, 05:06 PM
One thing I liked about Croom he started who he thought was best. He also cleaned up the bad apples on the team.

Except the ones who liked to shoot guns on campus.**

JK, but I've always wondered if the "Croom cleaned up the program" statements I always hear were myths.....seemed we had lots of disciplinary/legal issues with his teams, without the benefit of actually having good teams, lol.

Johnson85
04-08-2018, 05:17 PM

JK, but I've always wondered if the "Croom cleaned up the program" statements I always hear were myths.....seemed we had lots of disciplinary/legal issues with his teams, without the benefit of actually having good teams, lol.
It was a myth. He didn't have particularly bad teams, but neither did he run a tight ship.

msbulldog
04-08-2018, 05:46 PM
His lack of effort at times, esp in 16 was terrible. But you cant help but feel for the kid bc he was good as a freshman then his Dad passed and he was never the same

I totally agree Bucky, damn shame for the kid.

Bass Chaser
04-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Did Bryant play in the bowl game?

Mjoelner34
04-08-2018, 06:05 PM

It was a myth. I heard personally from a high ranking official in the Starkville PD that the only difference between a Jackie team and a Croom team was that Croom made them stay overnight whereas Jackie would come get them out of jail that night. Once Mullen got here, he said things were a lot better.

Hot Rock
04-08-2018, 06:07 PM
I personally hate it. He made some plays for us and was incredibly fast. Sure, he missed some things.

Some say he was unable to focus after his father passed. That shit is real folks if that was the cause. If that happened to him, that has happened to many of us. For me, it was my wife of 28 years. I missed more than a few football plays. I wake up ten years later lucky to have survived the experience. I have heard that Jackie lost his way a bit after his brother passed.

I hope he is able to find is way.

FISHDAWG
04-09-2018, 07:26 AM
It was a myth. He didn't have particularly bad teams, but neither did he run a tight ship.

exactly the same thing I heard from a three year starter who also played under JWS

Jarius
04-09-2018, 08:03 AM

No he did not. He self imposed the death penalty on our program and gave us 50 scholarship players on the field, all the while having more players get in trouble than Sherrill did with 85 scholarship players. Croom got that reputation for the same reason he won coach of the year for going 7-5, and it had nothing to do with it being deserved.

Johnson85
04-09-2018, 08:38 AM
I personally hate it. He made some plays for us and was incredibly fast. Sure, he missed some things.

Some say he was unable to focus after his father passed. That shit is real folks if that was the cause. If that happened to him, that has happened to many of us. For me, it was my wife of 28 years. I missed more than a few football plays. I wake up ten years later lucky to have survived the experience. I have heard that Jackie lost his way a bit after his brother passed.

I hope he is able to find is way.

Yea, I don't get people acting happy about this. Bryant is a great option to have as a backup. He's got the athletic ability to be a good starter although obviously he has struggled a little bit to capitalize on his abilities. Hate he's leaving when he could be part of a special season.

CadaverDawg
04-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Yea, I don't get people acting happy about this. Bryant is a great option to have as a backup. He's got the athletic ability to be a good starter although obviously he has struggled a little bit to capitalize on his abilities. Hate he's leaving when he could be part of a special season.

I agree. It’s easy to pick out the mistakes, but Bryant made a lot of great plays too. You can’t teach speed and experience, and he would have provided both as well as depth in the secondary. I was definitely one of the ones that thought he’d develop into one of the best in the league after his first year....but even though he didn’t I hate to see him go. Good luck to him

fishwater99
04-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Guess he can take bad angles and miss tackles somewhere else now.

See ya...