PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Can't Finish Edition

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Gents, my latest Armchair QB is up at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/10/6/4808518/wmd-armchair-qb-msu-lsu-bulldogs-tigers-tiiiigahhhs-dawgs-dennis-green-rant). Give it a look, post here. Would love to get your viewpoints.

TopDog58
10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Defense point #2, I think you were way too nice.

Our coverage was terrible. #13 and #23 were beat all night long and not once did either of them turn their heads to make a play on the ball. Our secondary played scared and it showed. Sure Mettenberger made some good throws and Beckham is as advertised, but our defense played like they were Montana and Rice. Unacceptable.

Are we going to give 10-15 yard cushions to Mike Evans? Cooper? Moncrief? If so, then we will give up 50 in 3 more conference games.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Were you watching? Sometimes the other guy is just BETTER. Yes, we had 3-4 busted coverages where they were wide open. But most of the time we were right with those guys and they just jumped up and made the play. The only real thing that bothers me is how our DBs struggle getting their heads around to locate the ball. But when you're step-for-step with a guy and he still wins, he's just better. You want to tell me Landry & Beckham SHOULDN'T be starting in the NFL? Btw, Matt Wyatt said pretty much the same thing.

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Jamerson Love came back into the ballgame after he went to the locker room.

Goat Holder
10-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Don't try and reason with the lunatics. Talent literally is the single biggest part of college sports.

TopDog58
10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes I was there in the stands. Worst defensive back performance since Toast Smith. I want some of what you are smoking. Beckham and Landry are great. But shit, it's not that difficult to catch the ball when the DB "covering" you is picking up his jock off the turf after you've already made your cut.

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Jamerson Love came back into the ballgame after he went to the locker room.

Missed that, JDD. Good catch and even better news.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Shameless self-promotion Monday bump

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Don't try and reason with the lunatics. Talent literally is the single biggest part of college sports.

yep.

sandwolf
10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Sometimes the other guy is just BETTER. Yes, we had 3-4 busted coverages where they were wide open. But most of the time we were right with those guys and they just jumped up and made the play. The only real thing that bothers me is how our DBs struggle getting their heads around to locate the ball. But when you're step-for-step with a guy and he still wins, he's just better. You want to tell me Landry & Beckham SHOULDN'T be starting in the NFL?

Completely agree with this. That was some of the best receiver play that I have seen in a long time. And the most concerning thing to me regarding our corners was the fact that they never seemed to even try to get their heads turned to find the ball.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Were you watching? Sometimes the other guy is just BETTER. Yes, we had 3-4 busted coverages where they were wide open. But most of the time we were right with those guys and they just jumped up and made the play. The only real thing that bothers me is how our DBs struggle getting their heads around to locate the ball. But when you're step-for-step with a guy and he still wins, he's just better. You want to tell me Landry & Beckham SHOULDN'T be starting in the NFL? Btw, Matt Wyatt said pretty much the same thing.

That's youth.