04-07-2018, 11:46 PM
Mark this thread and thank me in June.

Cooterpoot
04-08-2018, 04:19 AM
SS

confucius say
04-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Seems likely.

How many times has Texas tech been to Omaha with him, two? And what?s his background?

Bully13
04-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Seems likely.

How many times has Texas tech been to Omaha with him, two? And what?s his background?

I googled him yesterday, he's solid. been there 5 years and I remember it saying he's been to Omaha 2 times. he's won some conference titles there too and that conference ain't too shabby. he kicked ass at that Texas Juco too.

my concern is that I believe he's an alum of Tech. forgot to click on the salary link though. would be interested to know how much he's making there.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 08:52 AM
He makes $400K. That’s what I just read.

AlSwearengen
04-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Seems most likely out of Tadlock, Schlossnagle, and McDonell. What was tech like before he got there?

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Pre-Tadlock: 0 CWS Appearances
Tadlock Era: 2 CWS Appearances in 4 years.

ShotgunDawg
04-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I’m just having trouble seeing why he’d leave Tech.

- He an alum

- Just signed a 6 year deal worth $700K per

- Has an easier recruiting situation at Tech than he would at MSU.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I’m just having trouble seeing why he’d leave Tech.

- He an alum

Link?

drummerdawg
04-08-2018, 09:22 AM
He's also missed a regional twice in his five years. I think he's a good coach but I'd rather have a couple of others before him.

preachermatt83
04-08-2018, 09:32 AM
He's also missed a regional twice in his five years. I think he's a good coach but I'd rather have a couple of others before him.

One was his first year after a bad year before he took the job. Can't count that.

basedog
04-08-2018, 09:44 AM
One was his first year after a bad year before he took the job. Can't count that.

Preacher, you are all over the place with your pick, choice and prediction. I get it you like the rest of us want a good coach but in reality, none of us on ED really know what Cohen is thinking o doing.

One thing I'm glad about, Cohen keeps things pretty quite, his football pick came as a surprise, I wouldn't be surprise IF our new Baseball Coach isn't just as big of a surprise.

Btw, This is the first time in my long memory of not following the baseball team, I just can't watch them and I go way back with around 1970 when we played with wooden bats, beginning of left field lounge, small pine trees around the outfield fence, Red Ripple was hard to find and touting the outfielders of visiting teams were becoming legendary! LOL, HailState!

Bully13
04-08-2018, 09:51 AM

yep. a stat that cannot be ignored. if anyone has any doubts about this guy, feel free to check this out. from the Tech website. if however, he just signed a new 6 year $700K deal I doubt we get him. especially since he's an alum.

http://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2040&path=baseball

drummerdawg
04-08-2018, 09:52 AM

True, but his resume so far just doesn't stand out like some of the others being mentioned. So far this year he went 1-2 vs Kentucky, 1-1 vs Louisville, 1-2 against Baylor (who has a losing record). I think he's a good coach but he doesn't excite me.

Bully13
04-08-2018, 09:57 AM
the last deal was in 2016. 6 years at $700K. was put into place once the Tech AD thought the Longhorns were after him. not sure about any buyout. I just saw where it prohibits him from bolting within their conference.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2016-08-27/tech-gives-tim-tadlock-new-contract-big-raise

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 10:00 AM
If we can get McDonnell, I want him. But Schlossnagle is my top, but I don’t know that he’d leave TCU.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2018, 10:59 AM
I'm hearing more on McDonnell than Tadlock but we'll see.

basedog
04-08-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm hearing more on McDonnell than Tadlock but we'll see.

Home run hire for sho, if so I would rate this as the biggest baseball hire in the Sec as long as I can remember. Btw, how old is McDonnell, where is he from I'm to lazy to look it up? Did he play college baseball, does he have a good "tree" of assistants with HC jobs?

Bully13
04-08-2018, 11:34 AM
anybody know the buy out details of McDonnell's contract? would we be willing to surpass his $1M annual salary? I did find it interesting that he got $150K if he stayed thru June of 2017 though. I'm thinking there have been no extensions or changes since this 2016 block buster of a deal was done. can't believe dude started with Louisville making $140K. damn.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32114532/crawford-louisville-makes-mcdonnell-nations-highest-paid-college-baseball-coach

MarketingBully
04-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Home run hire for sho, if so I would rate this as the biggest baseball hire in the Sec as long as I can remember. Btw, how old is McDonnell, where is he from I'm to lazy to look it up? Did he play college baseball, does he have a good "tree" of assistants with HC jobs?

He played college baseball at The Citadal. He was in the CWS when we beat them in 1990. Has been to 10 regionals in 11 years as a head coach gone to 7 Supers and 4 CWS all at a school which had no history whatsoever in college baseball and will go back to shit more then likely once he leaves. He graduated college in 1992 so that puts him in his mid-40s. He already has over 500 wins as an HC. To say this would be a Home Run hire would be an understatement. To me, he’s a top 3 coach in college baseball today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McDonnell

basedog
04-08-2018, 02:09 PM
He played college baseball at The Citadal. He was in the CWS when we beat them in 1990. Has been to 10 regionals in 11 years as a head coach gone to 7 Supers and 4 CWS all at a school which had no history whatsoever in college baseball and will go back to shit more then likely once he leaves. He graduated college in 1992 so that puts him in his mid-40s. He already has over 500 wins as an HC. To say this would be a Home Run hire would be an understatement. To me, he’s a top 3 coach in college baseball today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McDonnell

Hey man thanks for the info. I would think Louisville will throw the bank at him IF he has any interest in "looking around".

MarketingBully
04-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Hey man thanks for the info. I would think Louisville will throw the bank at him IF he has any interest in "looking around".

I don’t think they can. The new AD doesn’t have any leeway in his negotiating (it goes to the president and board) and I don’t think McDonnell likes him that much anyway. Like I said. This was a matter of perfect timing to get him imo.

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 06:33 PM
With Tadlock you have to look at the context.

He took over an average team and had a losing season in year one. He took them to Omaha the next year. They had an average year but had a winning season in 2015. Then Omaha, and then a regional, and now has them number 2 in RPI right now.

Dan McDonnell's first five years- CWS appearance in year one because he likely inherited a talented team, a SR appearance and two regional appearances and he missed once in year five.

Jim Schlossnagle's first five years- Five Regional appearances. No SR much less an appearance in Omaha.

Also if you look at Texas Tech's roster they have two UA All-Americans on it that are freshmen which tells me that their recruiting is picking up. My major concern with him is two fold- He is a former JUCO coach and we need to get away from that. However looking at their roster they only have six JUCO's on the team- one a player that started out at TCU. For comparison- we have SIX JUCO's in our CLASS this year. The other concern I have or really more a question than a concern is if he does come to MSU does he bring his top assistant with him? If he does and we hire another assistant with major scouting ties we will be cooking with gas.

Bully13
04-08-2018, 06:38 PM
I don't understand why just because he coached JUCO before landing the Tech gig is a negative.

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 06:46 PM
I don't understand why just because he coached JUCO before landing the Tech gig is a negative.

It's not. I was afraid he would be sympathetic to recruiting JUCO players and we need to get away from that is all. Like I said I looked into it and I'm not worried about it based on the number of JUCO's on their roster.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Everything im hearing is confirmation that I was correct about this. Tadlock will be it.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Everything im hearing is confirmation that I was correct about this. Tadlock will be it.

I'm behind this! Tadlock is really good.

Pit Bull
04-16-2018, 03:50 PM
If we can get McDonnell, I want him. But Schlossnagle is my top, but I don?t know that he?d leave TCU.

Yeah...Fort Worth is a nice place to live. Would be a tough pull.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 03:53 PM
I'm behind this! Tadlock is really good.

As good as anybody out there.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 03:56 PM

^^Here's what I posted earlier in the thread. Really speaks to what he's done at Texas Tech.^^
As good as anybody out there.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2018, 04:01 PM

Well cross Tadlock off the list

Pit Bull
04-16-2018, 04:03 PM
anybody know the buy out details of McDonnell's contract? would we be willing to surpass his $1M annual salary? I did find it interesting that he got $150K if he stayed thru June of 2017 though. I'm thinking there have been no extensions or changes since this 2016 block buster of a deal was done. can't believe dude started with Louisville making $140K. damn.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/32114532/crawford-louisville-makes-mcdonnell-nations-highest-paid-college-baseball-coach

We got Polk for less than 100K....considerably less. But in his 2nd go-round, he got about a whopping 125K. One thing you can say about LT.....he could jew down some salaries to make them fit into his paltry budget.

HoopsDawg
04-16-2018, 04:14 PM
1. McDonnel
2. Tadlock
3. Heefner- I wish.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 04:16 PM
1. McDonnel
2. Tadlock
3. Heefner- I wish.

I would flip backwards for Schlossnagle, but I think there's very little chance we get him.

drummerdawg
04-16-2018, 04:37 PM
After hearing people mention McDonnell I'm having trouble getting excited about anyone else.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 04:55 PM
^^Here's what I posted earlier in the thread. Really speaks to what he's done at Texas Tech.^^

Exactly

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 04:56 PM
After hearing people mention McDonnell I'm having trouble getting excited about anyone else.

Tadlock can do anything here that McDonnell could.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Well cross Tadlock off the list

Lol, don't you have some relentless straining to do down in Gainesville

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Tadlock can do anything here that McDonnell could.
By my math, McDonnell is a year or two younger than Tadlock yet his track record is twice as long. And going strictly by regional appearances, Texas Tech had at least some baseball history before Tadlock's arrival. Louisville had one regional appearance before McDonnell arrived.

I'm not saying Tadlock wouldn't be a home run hire. But McDonnell would be a grand slam.

yjnkdawg
04-16-2018, 05:04 PM

More money from Louisville may not keep him there. Sometimes other things factor in on where a coach wants to stay in his current position or seek other opportunities. I trust in John Cohen.

HoopsDawg
04-16-2018, 05:11 PM
I would flip backwards for Schlossnagle, but I think there's very little chance we get him.

Yeah, I don't even consider him a candidate.

Mercdawg
04-16-2018, 05:15 PM
I've heard from a former player that Tim Corbin has expressed interest in the job. I'm not saying this is who we are after or who it will be. I was told this personally a few weeks ago.

yjnkdawg
04-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Lol, don't you have some relentless straining to do down in Gainesville

LOL He's up here in MS and LA recruiting for "developmental players" who will be able to contribute when they are Seniors, while Gonzo and Hev are trying to hold the fort down in Gainesville and hoping the Gator Nation doesn't attack it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-16-2018, 05:20 PM
I've heard from a former player that Tim Corbin has expressed interest in the job. I'm not saying this is who we are after or who it will be. I was told this personally a few weeks ago.

I don't get very excited for Corbin for whatever reason. He's been there forever and been "just" good outside of a five year stretch from 2011-2015 when they were very, very good.

The Federalist Engineer
04-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Cohen said that fans would be "happy" and that our very experienced coach has been to Omaha on multiple occasions

To me that's McDonnell, 4 times in Omaha

Tadlock would make me happy but has only been to Omaha twice. "Twice" is a "multiple" of once but usually people say "twice" when the answer is "2 times"

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 07:59 PM
Cohen said that fans would be "happy" and that our very experienced coach has been to Omaha on multiple occasions

Tadlock would make me happy but has only been to Omaha twice. "Twice" is a "multiple" of once but usually people say "twice" when the answer is "2 times"

Cohen couldn't say twice.... it would have been too specific.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 08:02 PM
If ANYBODY would not be ecstatic with a Tim Tadlock hire, then they are not reasonable. That would be like LSU football team missing on saban but getting Meyer or Patterson... it is an amazing hire.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Here's how I've started to look at it-
Is the coach the right fit for our job? Vic Schaefer was 80-110 before he came here, but he has excelled because he was the right man for the job. So whoever we hire, I hope he is the right guy for this job, no matter his previous record. And I'm going to put my trust in John Cohen on making the right hire for this program!

3rdGen
04-16-2018, 08:22 PM
I been hopping he would be the guy since I read the coaching list per Genes page. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

State82
04-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Is the coach the right fit for our job? Vic Schaefer was 80-110 before he came here, but he has excelled because he was the right man for the job. So whoever we hire, I hope he is the right guy for this job, no matter his previous record. And I'm going to put my trust in John Cohen on making the right hire for this program!

In the end, this is the correct philosophy.

Todd4State
04-16-2018, 09:32 PM

But those two times have been in a lot shorter span than McDonnell did at Louisville given the same point in their careers. And they are on track for a National Seed again this year so it could very well be three if things work out for them.

Todd4State
04-16-2018, 09:36 PM

I did not know that Vic had a losing record when we hired him.

The one thing about Cohen that I like and feel comfortable about is he has a good idea of what it takes to get to Omaha and what the current trends are to build a program to that level. That's why he went after a guy with Cannizaro's background in the first place when the easy thing to do would have been to hire Henderson, Butch, or Mingione.

If I had to bet I would guess that we are hiring Tadlock. If it's not him I would guess it would be McDonnell.

IMissJack
04-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Tadlock would be a heck of a hire but I?m just having trouble seeing why he?d leave Tech.

- He an alum

You ever been to Lubbock in February/March?

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2018, 10:17 PM
You ever been to Lubbock in February/March?

Yes

Cooterpoot
04-16-2018, 10:29 PM
SS

yjnkdawg
04-16-2018, 11:12 PM
I did not know that Vic had a losing record when we hired him.

The one thing about Cohen that I like and feel comfortable about is he has a good idea of what it takes to get to Omaha and what the current trends are to build a program to that level. That's why he went after a guy with Cannizaro's background in the first place when the easy thing to do would have been to hire Henderson, Butch, or Mingione.

If I had to bet I would guess that we are hiring Tadlock. If it's not him I would guess it would be McDonnell.

Vic didn't when he was at TAMU. He is going back to when Vic was a HC at Sam Houston State. Vic developed his current coaching skills under Gary Blair at TAMU.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-16-2018, 11:52 PM
But those two times have been in a lot shorter span than McDonnell did at Louisville given the same point in their careers. And they are on track for a National Seed again this year so it could very well be three if things work out for them.

McDonnell also took the Louisville job a lot younger than Tadlock took the Tech job though. And at least Tech had some baseball history before he arrived. Louisville made one regional in their history before McDonnell arrived. They've missed one since.

MarketingBully
04-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Between these three-four choices, you can’t go wrong: Jim Schlossnagle, Dan McDonnell, Tim Tadlock, or Tim Corbin. All four of those coaches IMO are ones who can win a national championship at MSU and are all four in the top ten coaches in college baseball today. I’d be ecstatic for any of those four.

MarketingBully
04-17-2018, 12:17 AM
McDonnell also took the Louisville job a lot younger than Tadlock took the Tech job though. And at least Tech had some baseball history before he arrived. Louisville made one regional in their history before McDonnell arrived. They've missed one since.

Are you serious about Tech’s history? Tadlock has their only CWS appearances as the head coach. Considering the Big 12 was an immensely harder league then the Big East/ACC, I consider both Tadlock’s and McDonnell’s rebuilds equally as impressive.

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 12:27 AM

I'd say Texas Tech's history is pretty close to Louisville as far as what the programs were when both took over. They had a good run for them in the mid 90's under Larry Hays but they didn't make it any further than a regional under him and they had an eight year postseason drought before Tadlock took over- and while that run makes their history better than Louisville's it's still not that impressive. And then only two years after they hired Tadlock they made it to Omaha. Tech was a losing team when Tadlock took over.

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 12:28 AM
Between these three-four choices, you can’t go wrong: Jim Schlossnagle, Dan McDonnell, Tim Tadlock, or Tim Corbin. All four of those coaches IMO are ones who can win a national championship at MSU and are all four in the top ten coaches in college baseball today. I’d be ecstatic for any of those four.

I'd add Pat Casey to that list because that would cover everyone that I have heard that has some level of interest in the job.

Cooterpoot
04-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Schlossnagle, Corbin, & Casey are not options.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Between these three-four choices, you can?t go wrong: Jim Schlossnagle, Dan McDonnell, Tim Tadlock, or Tim Corbin. All four of those coaches IMO are ones who can win a national championship at MSU and are all four in the top ten coaches in college baseball today. I?d be ecstatic for any of those four.

Correct!!!

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Schlossnagle, Corbin, & Casey are not options.

Casey 100 percent was before Cohen settled on Tadlock.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Are you serious about Tech’s history? Tadlock has their only CWS appearances as the head coach. Considering the Big 12 was an immensely harder league then the Big East/ACC, I consider both Tadlock’s and McDonnell’s rebuilds equally as impressive.

Looking strictly at regional appearances on their wiki pages, yes. Which is all the research I put into it. But I didn't intend to start arguing about this. Like you said, either one is a fantastic hire.

MarketingBully
04-17-2018, 09:58 AM
Looking strictly at regional appearances on their wiki pages, yes. Which is all the research I put into it. But I didn't intend to start arguing about this. Like you said, either one is a fantastic hire.

I understand to a point regarding their history but their last regional appearance before Tadlock took the program over was in 2004 and they had never won a regional until Tadlock took them to a CWS appearance in 2014. His building and track record at Tech is equally as impressive as the program building job McDonnell did. But as I stated in my previous post, you can’t go wrong with any of those four names I mentioned. All would win and win big at MSU.

Cooterpoot
04-17-2018, 10:28 AM

He was never an option. Not because he wasn't interested. He was just not an option. And Tadlock isn't done either, regardless of what C34 say.

MarketingBully
04-17-2018, 10:30 AM
He was never an option. Not because he wasn't interested. He was just not an option. And Tadlock isn't done either, regardless of what C34 say.

Glad you know the inner workings of the coaching search...

Cooterpoot
04-17-2018, 10:39 AM
Glad you know the inner workings of the coaching search...

You'll be happy.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 10:45 AM

Are you saying we turned Casey down?

MarketingBully
04-17-2018, 10:48 AM
You'll be happy.

I’m sure I will. :)

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 11:40 AM

Three or four ppl including myself and Todd were saying it was Tadlock well before c34 got on board with it. It's just starting to leak out more and more.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Yea I see what u are saying now on Casey and you are right... he showed interest but we didn't.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 11:42 AM
Are you saying we turned Casey down?

We just didn't entertain his interest.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 11:47 AM
We just didn't entertain his interest.

Wow. To me, that speaks to the level of Tadlock.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Wow. To me, that speaks to the level of Tadlock.

Exactly.

Pit Bull
04-17-2018, 11:55 AM
If ANYBODY would not be ecstatic with a Tim Tadlock hire, then they are not reasonable. That would be like LSU football team missing on saban but getting Meyer or Patterson... it is an amazing hire.

Is he a relative of yours?

Intramural All-American
04-17-2018, 02:44 PM

It's not Tadlock.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 03:54 PM

Lol, no but he's a great coach.

Commercecomet24
04-17-2018, 05:07 PM
It's not Tadlock.

Yep. You are correct, sir!

MaroonBelle
04-17-2018, 05:31 PM
This really is neither here nor there but I found it interesting...went to the 90% men's basketball attendance dinner last night. My mother and I got a chance to eat and talk with EJ and Abdul. Both seemed to be very fine young men, polite, sincere, hard workers, and funny, too. Anyway, we covered a variety of topics and then they had to go sit at the table for the poster signing line. On the way through, as I was getting my poster signed, a woman in line mentioned to the players how much we all enjoyed the Louisville game and how they probably never want to see another MSU team again. One player agreed and laughed and then said, "and we may be taking their baseball coach, too." Now, that just struck me as curious. Do you think he is getting that off twitter or the message boards or is something going around the AD? I was surprised that this basketball player would be that interested in the baseball program to know who may or may not be on the coaching search list. I don't want to say who it was in case he was talking out of turn but it was surprising.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 05:32 PM

doesn't have to be. This guy has gone above and beyond showing proof he's 1st class coaching material.

https://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2040&path=baseball

Tim Tadlock embarks on his sixth season as the head coach at Texas Tech after his program earned its second-straight Big 12 championship in 2017.

Tadlock, the 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame National Coach of the Year, was named head coach of his alma mater on June 8, 2012,

Tadlock will enter his 26th year in collegiate baseball in 2018. He owns a collegiate career record of 629-239 in 14 years as a head coach with nine seasons at Grayson County College (435-127) and five at Texas Tech (194-112).

For the second-straight year, the Red Raiders earned the No. 5 National Seed in the NCAA Tournament,

Tech earned its fifth conference title in school history after tallying a 19-5 Big 12 mark and advanced to the College World Series for the second time in three years. In Omaha, the Red Raiders recorded their first CWS victory in Tech history after defeating No. 1 Florida, 3-2, in an elimination game.

Tadlock and the Red Raiders completed the biggest turnaround in school history and the second biggest turnaround in Big 12 history, going from 26 wins in 2013 to 45 wins in 2014. The season culminated with Texas Tech's first trip to the College World Series in Omaha.

and set a new school record by holding its opponent to two or fewer runs 30 times (25-5 record). Tech also set the following school records in 2014 -- shutouts (9), ERA during aluminum bat era (since 1974, 3.11), fielding percentage (.980), ERA in Big 12 games (4.09), games played (66), innings pitched (587.2), putouts (1,763) and assists (809).

The Red Raiders were solid in all three phases during Tadlock's second season as head coach. Tech ranked among the Big 12's top three in 12 statistical categories while leading the league in slugging percentage and triples and finishing second in the conference in runs, hits, doubles, home runs and RBI

Tech finished third in the country in triples (26) and ranked sixth in both double plays turned (65) and fielding percentage (.980). Overall, the Red Raiders ranked among the top-30 in the country in 10 different statistical categories.

Over the past two years alone (2014-15), Tech has combined for 76 victories -- its most over a two-year span since the 2001 and 2002 seasons (85 wins). In addition, the Red Raiders have also combined for 27 wins in Big 12 play, their most since those same two seasons.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Yep. You are correct, sir!

Who is your money on?

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 05:43 PM
To clear the air on this as much as I can- the rumor as of two weeks ago was that it was Tadlock that would be our coach. I'm starting to hear rumors that it is someone else. I suspect what is going on is you have some posturing similar to what Jeremy Pruitt did when he tried to essentially lobby for our job before we hired Moorhead.

As far as Casey- I have heard that he is interested but my guess is that Cohen doesn't want him because he has a pitcher that is a sex offender on their team and after what happened with Cann Cohen is not going to want to take ANY chances with our next coach.

So my guess and this is just speculation on my part is Cohen has his focus narrowed down to about three coaches- Tadlock, Corbin, and McDonnell. And we'll see what happens over the next 6-9 weeks.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 06:01 PM
To clear the air on this as much as I can- the rumor as of two weeks ago was that it was Tadlock that would be our coach. I'm starting to hear rumors that it is someone else. I suspect what is going on is you have some posturing similar to what Jeremy Pruitt did when he tried to essentially lobby for our job before we hired Moorhead.

As far as Casey- I have heard that he is interested but my guess is that Cohen doesn't want him because he has a pitcher that is a sex offender on their team and after what happened with Cann Cohen is not going to want to take ANY chances with our next coach.

So my guess and this is just speculation on my part is Cohen has his focus narrowed down to about three coaches- Tadlock, Corbin, and McDonnell. And we'll see what happens over the next 6-9 weeks.

what's Casey's first name? would be interested in the "sex offender" specifics. was it a deal where a disgruntled dad got pissed about his 16 yr old daughter having a relationship with an 18 yr old? dunno.

and what is Corbin's 1st name? at any rate, thanks for the update Todd.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Pat Casey
Tim Corbin

MaroonBelle
04-17-2018, 06:06 PM
what's Casey's first name? would be interested in the "sex offender" specifics. was it a deal where a disgruntled dad got pissed about his 16 yr old daughter having a relationship with an 18 yr old? dunno.

and what is Corbin's 1st name? at any rate, thanks for the update Todd.

It was a preteen family member.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 06:08 PM
It was a preteen family member.

then that's not good. not good at all. scratch him.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 06:10 PM
then that's not good. not good at all. scratch him.

Cohen doing PR. understanding the brand / politics and shit.

The Federalist Engineer
04-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Mark this thread and thank me in June.

I think if you want Tadlock- having his picture as your avatar is counter productive- some TTU people will catch wind that MSU people are flaunting his eminent departure

Then you have players and recruits asking questions- this dude may not be a Dan Mullen personality. He might be lit by a different type of fuel where a direct verbal commitment to his players will derail a clandestine agreement that was made with a third party

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-17-2018, 06:18 PM

I completely forgot about that episode. If I remember right, I couldn't come up with any justification for why the guy was still on the team aside from the fact he was like a top 10 draft pick (of course there was probably a lot that didn't get to us). Glad Cohen is passing on him now.

MaroonBelle
04-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Cohen doing PR. understanding the brand / politics and shit.

Not interested in a Tennessee/Schiano situation, I am sure.

TNDawg35
04-17-2018, 06:21 PM
I still hope it's McDonnell, but Apparently Steve knows who. He said today on the show that a scout, who I am guessing is Stephen Head, just my opinion of course, was contacted about a job for the new staff. So if calls are going out asking if you would like to be apart of it, it's gonna leak sooner or later.

yjnkdawg
04-17-2018, 06:27 PM
I think if you want Tadlock- having his picture as your avatar is counter productive- some TTU people will catch wind that MSU people are flaunting his eminent departure

Then you have players and recruits asking questions- this dude may not be a Dan Mullen personality. He might be lit by a different type of fuel where a direct verbal commitment to his players will derail a clandestine agreement that was made with a third party

I doubt Tadlock would be pleased with having his picture associated with some of those posts either.

The Federalist Engineer
04-17-2018, 06:38 PM
This really is neither here nor there but I found it interesting...went to the 90% men's basketball attendance dinner last night. My mother and I got a chance to eat and talk with EJ and Abdul. Both seemed to be very fine young men, polite, sincere, hard workers, and funny, too. Anyway, we covered a variety of topics and then they had to go sit at the table for the poster signing line. On the way through, as I was getting my poster signed, a woman in line mentioned to the players how much we all enjoyed the Louisville game and how they probably never want to see another MSU team again. One player agreed and laughed and then said, "and we may be taking their baseball coach, too." Now, that just struck me as curious. Do you think he is getting that off twitter or the message boards or is something going around the AD? I was surprised that this basketball player would be that interested in the baseball program to know who may or may not be on the coaching search list. I don't want to say who it was in case he was talking out of turn but it was surprising.

If the basketball players are right, then I get my #1. But this type of loose talk is a bad sign. When Cohen ends up introducing Dave Serrano people are going to be kind-of pissed off

Serrano is a multiple CWS coach, experienced, and ... would probably keep Henderson as his PC.

Serrano can probably be hired for 1/3 the cost of our glamour candidates.

MaroonBelle
04-17-2018, 06:47 PM
If the basketball players are right, then I get my #1. But this type of loose talk is a bad sign. When Cohen ends up introducing Dave Serrano people are going to be kind-of pissed off

Serrano is a multiple CWS coach, experienced, and ... would probably keep Henderson as his PC.

Serrano can probably be hired for 1/3 the cost of our glamour candidates.

I don't think this hire is going to be made based off its cost effectiveness and I'm also not sure Henderson will want to go back to being the pitching coach based on some comments he made earlier in the season.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 07:00 PM
I doubt Tadlock would be pleased with having his picture associated with some of those posts either.

Gracias. and they were stupid as shit. my post proves it.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 07:04 PM
I don't think this hire is going to be made based off its cost effectiveness and I'm also not sure Henderson will want to go back to being the pitching coach based on some comments he made earlier in the season.

if Hendue wants to hang out as pitching coach, I'd have no problem with that. Our hitting has been awful and we've got little league base running mentalities. he's no HC material. but if he gives a shit about continuing to be an effective pitching coach here, fine. All things considered though, it may be time for him to ride into the sunset. find a new gig at a lesser program. dunno.

Commercecomet24
04-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Who is your money on?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Tim Corbin. Personally I would love McDonnell or Tadlock but a few things are pointing to Corbin. Any of those 3 would be a hr. We'll see how it plays out with what I've heard. I trust whoever Cohen hires to be the right man for Mississippi State. So I'm not sweating it.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 08:00 PM
I still hope it's McDonnell, but Apparently Steve knows who. He said today on the show that a scout, who I am guessing is Stephen Head, just my opinion of course, was contacted about a job for the new staff. So if calls are going out asking if you would like to be apart of it, it's gonna leak sooner or later.

People talking to head is saying it's Tadlock and you can bet Steve is hearing Tadlock.

Hambone
04-17-2018, 08:17 PM
I’ll throw my 2 cents in as well. I have a buddy that’s a big Louisville booster. He called me today and said that either McDonnell is coming here, or he’s going somewhere else. Basically they are ramping up a coaching search. We very well may be hiring Tadlock based on what y’all are hearing, but what I’ve heard is Dan is leaving Louisville regardless.

AlSwearengen
04-17-2018, 09:17 PM
I sure hope we don’t screw something up by talking too much.

The Federalist Engineer
04-17-2018, 09:30 PM

This shit already sounds like it's being managed by ex-Trump administration people. I'm not a democrat in saying that, just that a big mouth approach would totally mess this up with even basketball players talking about it.

The game theory guy would say:

(1) Ray Tanner hears that MSU is luring McD, so he just swoops in to offer USCe and just fire the Pendejo they hired last year. They have two recent titles, a good stadium, and a home coming to South Carolina to a Citadel alumnus

(2) then to stick it in our Arsenal, Louisville just swoops Tadlock

(3) Scholsnagle decides working for Trump might get him subpoena'ed

Cohen is introducing a LA Tech coach that went to Omaha on multiple family vacations to get Skip Bertman autographs

Randolph Dupree
04-17-2018, 09:39 PM
This shit already sounds like it's being managed by ex-Trump administration people. I'm not a democrat in saying that, just that a big mouth approach would totally mess this up with even basketball players talking about it.

(1) Ray Tanner hears that MSU is luring McD, so he just swoops in to offer USCe and just fire the Pendejo they hired last year. They have two recent titles, a good stadium, and a home coming to South Carolina to a Citadel alumnus

Cohen is introducing a LA Tech coach that went to Omaha on multiple family vacations to get Skip Bertman autographs

Rep given

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 09:43 PM

I agree. There's a lot of moving parts going on right now and a lot of things are probably best unsaid- and not just about head coaches.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 09:47 PM
thanks for throwing Trump in dipshit. we had to a good thread going till you decided to throw you "crumbs" into the mix. I mean damn dude, seriously?

Todd4State
04-18-2018, 12:33 AM
Oh- and the rumors about Stephen Head coming to MSU are NOT true.

MarketingBully
04-18-2018, 06:21 AM
I’ll throw my 2 cents in as well. I have a buddy that’s a big Louisville booster. He called me today and said that either McDonald is coming here, or he’s going somewhere else. Basically they are ramping up a coaching search. We very well may be hiring Tadlock based on what y’all are hearing, but what I’ve heard is Dan is leaving Louisville regardless.

McDonnell is coming here. I see their season ending much much sooner then the others on that list. Tadlock’s name could be thrown around right now to throw everyone’s scent off. I think as we get closer to the end of the season it will become more and more apparent.

MarketingBully
04-18-2018, 06:23 AM

This is dumb. Cohen knows what?s he?s doing and he?s done it in a first class manner. This whole scenario while done sarcastically and very tongue in cheek speaks volumes of your insecurities and lack of confidence in our administration getting this done.

MarketingBully
04-18-2018, 06:33 AM
I agree. There's a lot of moving parts going on right now and a lot of things are probably best unsaid- and not just about head coaches.

No one knows who Cohen’s man is for certain. He laid out parameters sure but everyone is still guessing. You can’t stop fans from talking nor recruiting experts who get paid to try to be the first one to break it. Usually when you search for a head coach, it’s not right after the season started it’s right after a season ended. Given this special circumstance, I think Cohen has done one hell of a job.

The Federalist Engineer
04-18-2018, 12:20 PM
This is dumb. Cohen knows what?s he?s doing and he?s done it in a first class manner. This whole scenario while done sarcastically and very tongue in cheek speaks volumes of your insecurities and lack of confidence in our administration getting this done.

I'm not a sports admin person and never claimed to be. I was being sarcastic.

But in my industry we strike like lightning and with zero noise. A half billion dollar deal was done today, nobody knew. I prefer that the sausage making be super silent.

That said, if Ray Tanner knows that McD is in play - why not reach out and at least make it really expensive for his conference rival. Also, if our athletes are out spreading rumors of Tadlock or somebody, that will eventually escape into the recruiting networks - and get back to the coaches and create conflict.

Like all of us, I want a great coach.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-18-2018, 12:23 PM
I?ll throw my 2 cents in as well. I have a buddy that?s a big Louisville booster. He called me today and said that either McDonald is coming here, or he?s going somewhere else. Basically they are ramping up a coaching search. We very well may be hiring Tadlock based on what y?all are hearing, but what I?ve heard is Dan is leaving Louisville regardless.

Who is McDonald? I havent heard that name mentioned

TNDawg35
04-18-2018, 12:26 PM
McDonnell, Corbin, or Tadlock. It's one of those three. I have heard from people in the know that it could be any of those.

Commercecomet24
04-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Who is McDonald? I havent heard that name mentioned

Man you know him. He had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-18-2018, 01:09 PM
McDonnell, Corbin, or Tadlock. It's one of those three. I have heard from people in the know that it could be any of those.

It's not Corbin

preachermatt83
04-18-2018, 01:13 PM

It's 100 percent one of those 3. Everyone that I trust swears it Tadlock

preachermatt83
04-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Man you know him. He had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.

+1. That's funny.

yjnkdawg
04-18-2018, 02:39 PM

I agree. Unfortunately, egos sometimes over rule common sense, intelligence, and respect.

Bully13
04-18-2018, 02:48 PM
This thread rocks. It has me all

https://s14.postimg.cc/r13dprssx/Wool_heavy.jpg

Hambone
04-18-2018, 06:42 PM
He’s Don ******* second cousin. My apologies

Todd4State
04-18-2018, 07:36 PM
No one knows who Cohen’s man is for certain. He laid out parameters sure but everyone is still guessing. You can’t stop fans from talking nor recruiting experts who get paid to try to be the first one to break it. Usually when you search for a head coach, it’s not right after the season started it’s right after a season ended. Given this special circumstance, I think Cohen has done one hell of a job.

So far yes. But what we end up with in the end. I'm optimistic that we will get an elite baseball coach that we all want and deserve. My guess is Cohen may have several options who want the job- and if that's the case that's a good thing.

MarketingBully
04-19-2018, 02:27 AM
I'm not a sports admin person and never claimed to be. I was being sarcastic.

But in my industry we strike like lightning and with zero noise. A half billion dollar deal was done today, nobody knew. I prefer that the sausage making be super silent.

That said, if Ray Tanner knows that McD is in play - why not reach out and at least make it really expensive for his conference rival. Also, if our athletes are out spreading rumors of Tadlock or somebody, that will eventually escape into the recruiting networks - and get back to the coaches and create conflict.

Like all of us, I want a great coach.

South Carolina just hired a coach last year. Tanner isn?t going to fire or even look around on a coach in his first year.