PDA

View Full Version : UM Grove Bowl

starkvegasdawg
04-07-2018, 02:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaMyahVX4AA-jBD?format=jpg&name=large

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:12 PM
damn. this is their practice beginning to start? open to the public?

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Now that’s funny. And they’re showing it on ESPNU, but they put South Carolina on SECN, but South Carolina is clearly better than Ole Miss.

Leroy Jenkins
04-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Mississippi Made.

ScottH
04-07-2018, 02:20 PM
And announced attendance will be?

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:21 PM
More players and coaches than there are spectators. This could be a hint of how the season will look. Of course, it is pretty cold with light rain ....

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:22 PM

At least 14,000

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 02:25 PM
More players and coaches than there are spectators. This could be a hint of how the season will look. Of course, it is pretty cold with light rain ....

The advanced analytics people expect them to win 6 games but I think it will be more like 4. They're going to miss Jordan Wilkins a lot.

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Their offense will be decent, but that defense will be putrid.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:32 PM
The advanced analytics people expect them to win 6 games but I think it will be more like 4. They're going to miss Jordan Wilkins a lot.

We should get the brass egg back when we go to Oxford this year. I hope they haven't dented it again ....

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Their offense will be decent, but that defense will be putrid.

Exactly. They're an average Big 12 team playing in the SEC.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 02:33 PM
We should get the brass egg back when we go to Oxford this year. I hope they haven't dented it again ....

We should. But with it being on the road that always gives me cause for pause. I just hope the officials actually throw flags when they do their dirty stuff again.

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2018, 02:34 PM
fake news.. everyone's wearing the new trendy stadium pattern clothing to blend in.

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 02:36 PM
We should. But with it being on the road that always gives me cause for pause. I just hope the officials actually throw flags when they do their dirty stuff again.

If they go low after us again, I’d cut that off real quick.

starkvegasdawg
04-07-2018, 02:36 PM
fake news.. everyone's wearing the new trendy stadium pattern clothing to blend in.

I just figured they were all passed out drunk in the bottom of the bleachers.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:38 PM
is this their spring game?

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Yes.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:44 PM

I assume so. It's on ESPNU. They probably don't televise regular practices, even for Alabama. **

I admit knowing hardly anything about football strategy ... I suppose I watch it like a woman does, just follow the ball all the time ... but I went to one of our spring games a few years ago and have never been more bored in my life. That was before they televised spring games, and I was expecting a real game.

Bass Chaser
04-07-2018, 02:52 PM

3,128**

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 02:59 PM
If they go low after us again, I’d cut that off real quick.

If I'm Joe I tell the officials that they better throw flags on cheap shots or we're going to handle this game for them.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 02:59 PM
I dont think I would go to ours if it was raining and cold either.

Here comes liverpool to call me a rebel

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 03:02 PM
If I'm Joe I tell the officials that they better throw flags on cheap shots or we're going to handle this game for them.

I tell you what I would do, and I don’t want to sound like a psycho... I’d put a scrub in at CB and helmet to helmet one of their WR one good time to send a message... ••BUT ONLY IF THEY START PLAYING DIRTY••

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 03:03 PM
I tell you what I would do, and I don’t want to sound like a psycho... I’d put a scrub in at CB and helmet to helmet one of their WR one good time to send a message... ••BUT ONLY IF THEY START PLAYING DIRTY••

Absolutely on the second part. Only retaliate if they do it first.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 03:06 PM

Or we could not have our HC sliding into other schools DM's the night before the game and not turn it over 20 times, 4 or 5 in their territory.

Im not saying it wasnt dirty, I've played and coached ball for a while and I've never seen the forearm shiver head down tackling technique

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 03:07 PM
I hate it as much as anyone too but OM knows what happened in that game. So do we. So does everyone. They know exactly where they are right now and where we are heading.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 03:08 PM

I know I wouldn't. I've been to SBW several times and only went to one spring "game" and one baseball game. This cold, I wouldn't even be at SBW with this weather.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 03:10 PM
I know I wouldn't. I've been to SBW several times and only went to one spring "game" and one baseball game. This cold, I wouldn't even be at SBW with this weather.

I think they should start playing real games in spring ball. High school teams do it, why cant college?

I dont wanna hear they could get hurt either bc they can get hurt during spring games too

Bully13
04-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Or we could not have our HC sliding into other schools DM's the night before the game and not turn it over 20 times, 4 or 5 in their territory.

Im not saying it wasnt dirty, I've played and coached ball for a while and I've never seen the forearm shiver head down tackling technique

not understanding "HC sliding into other school's DM's"

not understanding "the forearm shiver head down tackling technique"

Gutter Cobreh
04-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Bingo. See reasons below.

1) Aluminum colored apparel is all the rage!

2) Silver aluminum pairs nicely with pewter blue!

3) Every school has a ?white out? or ?black out?, so they decided to have an ?aluminum out?

Turfdawg67
04-07-2018, 04:39 PM

Mullen was texting UT the night before the EB and...

https://s31.postimg.org/8pjwmcyl7/IMG_2868.png

Bully13
04-07-2018, 04:42 PM

My God that pic of the Fitz is horrible. I think we should have sent that to the NCAA.

Srt201
04-07-2018, 04:58 PM
I hate it as much as anyone too but OM knows what happened in that game. So do we. So does everyone. They know exactly where they are right now and where we are heading.

No they don?t. They refuse to think it was dirty and that they did anything wrong. Their fans think they played a clean game. And if we say otherwise that we are bitter and boo hoo state lost. That?s what they think.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:07 PM

I didn't understand either, given the words, but I guessed at what he meant and guessed right. It's either a generational language thing, or he made several typos.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 05:17 PM

I wouldn't go to ours if it was 72 degrees and they had free beer. Spring football games are boring. I went to ours the year before I arrived at State. I haven't gone since.

starkvegasdawg
04-07-2018, 05:18 PM
No they don?t. They refuse to think it was dirty and that they did anything wrong. Their fans think they played a clean game. And if we say otherwise that we are bitter and boo hoo state lost. That?s what they think.

I think they know it was dirty and just don?t care and have no problem with it. Just look how many of them have that piece of garbage lifting his leg pissing in the end zone as their avatar or background pic on twitter.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I think they know it was dirty and just don?t care and have no problem with it. Just look how many of them have that piece of garbage lifting his leg pissing in the end zone as their avatar or background pic on twitter.

You nailed it, sort of. You didn't go far enough. Most of them, and by most I mean the vast majority, are quite proud of it.

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 05:38 PM
OM folks tried to tell me it was a clean hit and nothing about that game was dirty. They are one of the biggest group of idiots I’ve ever seen, there’s no denying that was a dirty game by OM.

fader2103
04-07-2018, 05:39 PM
3,128**

Must of included fans, players, media, coaches, workers, and anyone in a 10 mile radius from the stadium.

Lord McBuckethead
04-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Yeah. UM has never been the definition of class.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:46 PM
OM folks tried to tell me it was a clean hit and nothing about that game was dirty. They are one of the biggest group of idiots I’ve ever seen, there’s no denying that was a dirty game by OM.

Just to be fair ... a lot of our message board fans thought Dillon Day's stomping on the LSU guy was an unavoidable accident. A person's opinion is highly dependent on which team he supports.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I think they should start playing real games in spring ball. High school teams do it, why cant college?

I dont wanna hear they could get hurt either bc they can get hurt during spring games too

I like this idea. We could play some of the in state SWAC or teams like Delta State. That way we don't have to wait on Valley to get their act together to play them in a real game.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 05:51 PM
Just to be fair ... a lot of our message board fans thought Dillon Day's stomping on the LSU guy was an unavoidable accident. A person's opinion is highly dependent on which team he supports.

Here's my thing about that. Day was punished. What has the SEC done to the Ole Miss players?

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Here's my thing about that. Day was punished. What has the SEC done to the Ole Miss players?

Yeah, but I didn't say anything about punishment ... it was about how fans of different teams think and see things.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 06:12 PM
I thought Dillan's stomp was intentional. But he could have hurt the guy a lot worse had he wanted to. it was just a little love tap.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but I didn't say anything about punishment ... it was about how fans of different teams think and see things.

I think that does affect fan perception somewhat though. If the guy that hit Fitz was suspended for the opener I know I would feel a little better about it.

Maroonthirteen
04-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Getting caught up in a moment and loosing your cool happens sometimes. Multiple players purposefully trying injury an opponent is inexcusable and the dirtiest garbage ever on the field.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 06:23 PM
I think that does affect fan perception somewhat though. If the guy that hit Fitz was suspended for the opener I know I would feel a little better about it.

True, but it would be hard to prove that it was done intentionally. In fact, breaking somebody's leg on purpose is probably a felony.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 06:27 PM
True, but it would be hard to prove that it was done intentionally. In fact, breaking somebody's leg on purpose is probably a felony.

I'm not sure how anyone looking at that pic doesn't see deliberate intent.

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 06:29 PM

You don’t aim for the legs with your elbow to tackle somebody.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 06:33 PM

I don't think it's any more difficult to prove that was intentional anymore than what Day did was intentional. And I think both were done intentionally.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure how anyone looking at that pic doesn't see deliberate intent.

I agree, but proving that it's intentional is another matter. Otherwise it'd be in court right now.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Are you seriously trying to equate that to deliberately breaking someone?s leg? Come on mane.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 06:44 PM

If you know anything AT ALL about football you know that was deliberate. You are on the verge.

Mutt the Hoople
04-07-2018, 07:01 PM
3,128**

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Now that’s more like it.

Mutt the Hoople
04-07-2018, 07:19 PM

Rebel coaches said, "Lynch the ankle"

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2018, 07:50 PM
In no way will I say the bears play clean. The game is very emotional, spirited, and yes there were dirty plays. But that picture has been posted a million times. Can someone tell me what leg he is diving at based on the pic... Then tell me what ankle got broken....

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 08:42 PM
If you know anything AT ALL about football you know that was deliberate. You are on the verge.

On the verge of what?

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:12 PM
In no way will I say the bears play clean. The game is very emotional, spirited, and yes there were dirty plays. But that picture has been posted a million times. Can someone tell me what leg he is diving at based on the pic... Then tell me what ankle got broken....

I get your point but it really doesnt matter. Either one could break with speaks on his shoulder and gates forearm shiver and his legs.

If Fitz is a WR catching a pass and Gates does that same move, Gates would prolly get a targeting ejection if it was in the NFL.

Prolly not in college bc it wouldnt be head to head but you get the point. Gates head is down and his forearm is bent, I've never been taught or taught to tackle like that in all my years

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:13 PM
But the one to be even more mad at is our beloved Mullen and all his Mullenites. OM is never in the game if we are semi prepared for it and Mullen isnt flirting with UT's AD the night before the game

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 09:16 PM
But the one to be even more mad at is our beloved Mullen and all his Mullenites. OM is never in the game if we are semi prepared for it and Mullen isnt flirting with UT's AD the night before the game

Yep.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:19 PM
I didn't understand either, given the words, but I guessed at what he meant and guessed right. It's either a generational language thing, or he made several typos.

Haha I must be a bit younger or deal with kids more than yall do. Its a language thing. And no Im not a parent and if anyone is please dont get offended

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 09:26 PM

It definitely was a distraction. But 2015 was even worse or at least more noticeable.

I think our effort was better but once Nick went out Dan went WAY conservative and it hurt our offense. And we still turned it over despite going way conservative. When Dan finally took the reigns off we played the best we did all night and almost pulled off a comeback. That's another Dan insecurity- he doesn't trust young players.

Just about everything went wrong in that game. Putting JT Gray on Brown was a bad move. And that's where Shoop may actually be better than Grantham- I think he may be more multiple and thus match up guys better.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:34 PM
It definitely was a distraction. But 2015 was even worse or at least more noticeable.

I think our effort was better but once Nick went out Dan went WAY conservative and it hurt our offense. And we still turned it over despite going way conservative. When Dan finally took the reigns off we played the best we did all night and almost pulled off a comeback. That's another Dan insecurity- he doesn't trust young players.

Just about everything went wrong in that game. Putting JT Gray on Brown was a bad move. And that's where Shoop may actually be better than Grantham- I think he may be more multiple and thus match up guys better.

Mullen had Georgia on his mind in 15 and UT in 17.

Tripp McNeely
04-07-2018, 10:03 PM
I just watched a replay...granted there were about 10 guys on both sides of the ball that were held out...but the om defense was MUCH better than the om offense...let that sink in!

Seriously...let that sink in!

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Well see here now old people Bully13 and Rocket.. there is this site called.. Twitter. People tweet at each other. decide they like one another. so they follow each other by clicking a button that says FOLLOW and turning it blue. If each other "connect" they can send a DIRECT Message, kinda like them private message things we got on here.. Noone can see the messages but each other.

Now.. sliding into another person's DM to my knowldege the first time I saw that term was when UM QB Chad Kelly "slide into" Mia Khalifa's Direct Messages.

Now.. Yall got it?

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Well see here now old people Bully13 and Rocket.. there is this site called.. Twitter. People tweet at each other. decide they like one another. so they follow each other by clicking a button that says FOLLOW and turning it blue. If each other "connect" they can send a DIRECT Message, kinda like them private message things we got on here.. Noone can see the messages but each other.

Now.. sliding into another person's DM to my knowldege the first time I saw that term was when UM QB Chad Kelly "slide into" Mia Khalifa's Direct Messages.

Now.. Yall got it?

Haha.

Homedawg
04-07-2018, 10:26 PM

They will win more than 4. But I hope you are right

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 10:59 PM
On the verge of what?

Exposing yourself. Are you seriously equating the two?

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 11:08 PM
There is video that is more revealing. I do sports photography as a serious hobby/not serious side business. You can interpret still photography any way you want. That pic appears to show the guy diving on the leg that wasn?t hurt. The video shows something much different. Still photos lie, motion video not so much. It was absolutely intentional. You don?t make the motion that guy made unless you are trying to take someone out. Anyone that played the game knows.

Mimi's Babies
04-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Rebel coaches said, "Lynch the ankle"

Matt Luke played very dirty football in his day. Look for more.

Bully13
04-08-2018, 08:06 AM
There is video that is more revealing. I do sports photography as a serious hobby/not serious side business. You can interpret still photography any way you want. That pic appears to show the guy diving on the leg that wasn?t hurt. The video shows something much different. Still photos lie, motion video not so much. It was absolutely intentional. You don?t make the motion that guy made unless you are trying to take someone out. Anyone that played the game knows.

yep. and another aspect is that he was already being tackled by the guy who had him wrapped up high. Are chop block calls just for O-Linemen only?