Leroy Jenkins
04-07-2018, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLVirIklAO8

Lord McBuckethead
04-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Impresses the hell out of me.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Man we sure have got a lot of guys missing practice for off the field shit. I know its gonna happen but damn we've got a shot at ATL.

Just goes to show, some kids will never get it. And this shit means a lot more to fans than it does some of the players.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Man we sure have got a lot of guys missing practice for off the field shit. I know its gonna happen but damn we've got a shot at ATL.

Just goes to show, some kids will never get it. And this shit means a lot more to fans than it does some of the players.

A lot or 2?

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 09:13 PM

I always laugh when some homer gets mad at me for calling a player out and they say "Oh yeah! They want to win more than you EVER DO!" It's laughable because they can't quantify that. And you're right- just like everybody else in life there are going to be some guys that appreciate the opportunity more than others.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:16 PM
I always laugh when some homer gets mad at me for calling a player out and they say "Oh yeah! They want to win more than you EVER DO!" It's laughable because they can't quantify that. And you're right- just like everybody else in life there are going to be some guys that appreciate the opportunity more than others.

Dealing with and coaching kids every day, I can tell you, this game does not mean as much to them as you think it does. Sure there are some exceptions but kids today are different than they ever have been. But I think adults are to blame for some of it bc I think we have changed a lot too....and not for the better.

Todd4State
A lot or 2?

I'm not too worried about it. I think it's Joe laying down the law more than anything. Joe said himself that he expects Guidry to be back at practice on Tuesday. Bryant hasn't had his head on straight since 2015- but I still expect him to be on the team as of now.

I'm actually glad the staff is making them get their academics straight now before they become ineligible down the road.

BuckyIsAB****
A lot or 2?

2 guys that we are counting on. It aint like its the 4th string kicker and holder that are missing

Bully13
04-07-2018, 09:17 PM
at the end of the day, the Pittsburg Steelers will be jealous of our coach. he's a blue collar , hard working, no nonsense, tell it like it is, rust belt kinda guy that will have no problem adjusting to vegas.

my wool runneth over

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Dealing with and coaching kids every day, I can tell you, this game does not mean as much to them as you think it does. Sure there are some exceptions but kids today are different than they ever have been. But I think adults are to blame for some of it bc I think we have changed a lot too....and not for the better.

You're right. It's hard to find people that are truly competitive and play for truly the right reasons.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 09:21 PM
2 guys that we are counting on. It aint like its the 4th string kicker and holder that are missing

I've got Bryant behind McLaurin and Abrams. It hurts depth but he makes a lot of mistakes despite the fact he is a freak athlete.

Guidry would hurt. But Whop has looked good and Todd has improved a lot. We still should be better but Guidry could set us apart.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
You're right. It's hard to find people that are truly competitive and play for truly the right reasons.

I think recruiting and the social media hooplah that comes with it has hurt high school ball in this state more than anything else.

Now its never going to change it, it still will be the best ball out there IMO but some kids with offers are just waiting for their high school seasons to be over by November every year.

Dont wanna get hurt. Selfishness. If I was a college recruiter it would be one of the first things I asked a kids coaches is how a kids attitude changed after we offered him

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:26 PM
I've got Bryant behind McLaurin and Abrams. It hurts depth but he makes a lot of mistakes despite the fact he is a freak athlete.

Guidry would hurt. But Whop has looked good and Todd has improved a lot. We still should be better but Guidry could set us apart.

Bryant is one of our ''returning starters'' and and upperclassmen. He knows better. Guidry just got here.

Deddrick Thomas, Malik Dear, and Austin Williams have had great springs so far. Thats from someone whos been at every practice

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2018, 09:28 PM

You said a lot were missing. It's not a lot it's 2. 1 starter (Guidry) & 1 guy who will play a lot (Bryant).

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Bryant is one of our ''returning starters'' and and upperclassmen. He knows better. Guidry just got here.

Deddrick Thomas, Malik Dear, and Austin Williams have had great springs so far. Thats from someone whos been at every practice

I'm curious to see how Joe uses Dear. A lot of people have forgotten about him but he's a tremendous player who can function as a RB and a slot WR.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:31 PM
You said a lot were missing. It's not a lot it's 2. 1 starter (Guidry) & 1 guy who will play a lot (Bryant).

Fair point

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 09:32 PM
I'm curious to see how Joe uses Dear. A lot of people have forgotten about him but he's a tremendous player who can function as a RB and a slot WR.

He wont be playing RB

Homedawg
04-07-2018, 09:54 PM
I'm not too worried about it. I think it's Joe laying down the law more than anything. Joe said himself that he expects Guidry to be back at practice on Tuesday. Bryant hasn't had his head on straight since 2015- but I still expect him to be on the team as of now.

I'm actually glad the staff is making them get their academics straight now before they become ineligible down the road.

Bryant had his head on straight when?? ....ummm never. Ever.

Jack Lambert
04-07-2018, 09:59 PM

How come everyone forgets about Mixon and Dear.

Homedawg
04-07-2018, 10:00 PM
He wont be playing RB

Here's what people need to understand about jomo's offense right now, we are going to be in eleven personnel 98% of the time. One tight end, one back. So don't start w all the give me a fullback and whatever other ba y'all want. That's what he does. The te is our "h back"

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 12:50 AM

I think it's because Mixon has been hurt this spring and Dear was hurt all of last year so people forget about them. Plus Deddrick Thomas has been the guy that is leading the slot WR race at the moment and he's a good player.

Bulldog1
04-08-2018, 12:52 AM
I’m a fan of Dear, myself.

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 04:21 AM
Here's what people need to understand about jomo's offense right now, we are going to be in eleven personnel 98% of the time. One tight end, one back. So don't start w all the give me a fullback and whatever other ba y'all want. That's what he does. The te is our "h back"

Wha?? Im just saying he wont be playing RB bc he doesnt want to play RB and never has

JoseBrown
04-08-2018, 08:20 AM

And Deddrick... prolly gonna have a better season than those two..jmho

RiverCityDawg
04-08-2018, 09:12 AM

This should be pinned to the top of every State message board. Because Moorehead is known as a smart innovative coach, it seems people think we are going to see all these exotic formations. It just isn?t so, based on all his previous stops. We aren?t going to see two back sets and we aren?t going to see Dear and other slot WR?s taking handoffs. The formations are actually very simple, it?s the pre and post snap reads that make the offense innovative.

Homedawg
04-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Wha?? Im just saying he wont be playing RB bc he doesnt want to play RB and never has
I wasn't arguing w you. I wAs adding to your point. You are correct he won't, and don't need him there. We have one back on the field at a time.

tcdog70
04-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Austin Williams will surprise a lot of people.

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 10:27 AM
I think Moorhead would be wasting talent if we dont do some open with aeris and kylin in the backfield at the same time

BuckyIsAB****
04-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Austin Williams will surprise a lot of people.

He def has so far. He was really good at ocean springs. Tough to play WR in a split back veer offense