PDA

View Full Version : Behrdawg

DawgRockur
04-07-2018, 01:24 PM
OM pitcher walks foam bat whose batting .206 with runners in scoring position to face tanner allen. laughing my ass off

Behrdawg said anyone that slanders our players will be banned. Will he hold up to his word?

This is such bullshit, calling our players these stupid 17ing nicknames. Frankly, I am sick of it.

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 01:26 PM
A nickname is not bashing

CrookedLetta
04-07-2018, 01:26 PM
This is not a nickname. This is slander.

What Behrdawg does will tell a lot about the board.

DawgRockur
04-07-2018, 01:29 PM

A nickname is calling you preacher, when your name is really Matt.

There is nothing about this kid that deserves to be called a foambat. Nothing.

Roy Munson
04-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Y’all have all turned into a bunch of pussies. This whole damn place. Both sides.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 01:31 PM
y'all need to lighten up. tell me when the nick name "foam bat" was considered a banishable offense?

hell, I got it from c34 about a week or so ago.

no more nick names? fine, give me a warning or something. you can't ban someone if they didn't knowingly do anything wrong. if anything , I was bashing the OM pitcher.

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Why did no one ever say a single word when everyone on the board call one of our receivers "stone hands" his entire career? Not one word was ever spoken negatively about that. What's the difference. I can think of only one major difference and I surely hope that's not it.

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 01:34 PM
y'all need to lighten up. tell me when the nick name "foam bat" was considered a banishable offense?

no more nick names? fine, give me a warning or something. you can't ban someone if they didn't knowingly do anything wrong. if anything , I was bashing the OM pitcher.

This board needs a big dose of mydol

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 01:35 PM

That’s What I took it as.

BeardoMSU
04-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Ok, how does "Water Carrier" sound? Or would you prefer "Suck Up"? Choose one. ***

Noxdog
04-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Ok, how does "Water Carrier" sound? Or would you prefer "Suck Up"? Choose one. ***

ha.

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Behrdawg said anyone that slanders our players will be banned. Will he hold up to his word?

This is such bullshit, calling our players these stupid 17ing nicknames. Frankly, I am sick of it.

Actually...thats NOT what Behr said.. he said that would be a reason for a deletion of a post. Not a ban.
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?65828-Done-Over

I'm taking care of it...

tireddawg
04-07-2018, 02:04 PM
When I hear the words "water carrier" and "suck up", it makes me think of this rectum kisser at work.

Todd4State
04-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Well this isn't Genespage.

Political Hack
04-07-2018, 02:43 PM
There’s a lot of people who all of a sudden have a lot of strong feelings about how the board should be policed. I think it’s been managed pretty well considering the amount of traffic we get here. We won’t catch everything. It’s impossible. If you see something that needs attention, there’s a “report post” tool. Use it. Then someone will get to it when they can and then make a decision about what to do.

Now that we’ve cleared up how this works, can we get back to talking sports? We’re whipping Ole miss’s ass right now. Seems like we should be enjoying that.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2018, 03:17 PM

That one is, and you know it. You say you are a preacher?

msbulldog
04-07-2018, 03:26 PM
There’s a lot of people who all of a sudden have a lot of strong feelings about how the board should be policed. I think it’s been managed pretty well considering the amount of traffic we get here. We won’t catch everything. It’s impossible. If you see something that needs attention, there’s a “report post” tool. Use it. Then someone will get to it when they can and then make a decision about what to do.

Now that we’ve cleared up how this works, can we get back to talking sports? We’re whipping Ole miss’s ass right now. Seems like we should be enjoying that.

Thanks Hack! rep given!

Behrdawg
04-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Go whine to your mommy

Bully13
04-08-2018, 08:49 AM
for the record, I will no longer be using these types of nick names. but we had some way over reactors on this.

DogsofAnarchy
04-08-2018, 09:00 AM

Mydol.....I fell out laughing!! I think most of the Lords on here would enjoy an Enema more!!!

PassInterference
04-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Preach!

turkish
04-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Guys, it?s time you understand this IS C34?s board. These last shenanigans aren?t gonna change that. I respect the other mods and, for the ones that seem to have a brain, I feel a little sorry for. They?ve attached themselves to someone far beneath them in integrity. Yet their partnership compels them to stand up for him and enforce his rules.

Name calling rules have been and will continue to be 100% subjective, in terms of their being allowed. Deal with it.

smootness
04-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Why did no one ever say a single word when everyone on the board call one of our receivers "stone hands" his entire career? Not one word was ever spoken negatively about that. What's the difference. I can think of only one major difference and I surely hope that's not it.

Several of us have always had an issue with the insults. Always.

Dawg61
04-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Go whine to your mommy

Seriously. I think I was called things worse than foam bat before I was out of diapers. If you gotta protect Alexander from foam bat comments he might as well just stay in the dugout rest of his life.

DawgRockur
04-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Guys, it?s time you understand this IS C34?s board. These last shenanigans aren?t gonna change that. I respect the other mods and, for the ones that seem to have a brain, I feel a little sorry for. They?ve attached themselves to someone far beneath them in integrity. Yet their partnership compels them to stand up for him and enforce his rules.

Name calling rules have been and will continue to be 100% subjective, in terms of their being allowed. Deal with it.

THIS all day long.

RocketDawg
04-08-2018, 11:09 AM
I don't think I've said anything in the thread, so I might as well jump in before it's locked.

I don't care about nicknames in general. Almost everybody likes "Little Bit", "Big T", and such. I don't even think "Foambat" is all that bad. The player might agree with you if asked ... perhaps he's in a slump. "Wanda" I never understood, and didn't even know who he was talking about for a long time. Some nicknames could be so offensive that deleting might be in order though.

What I do not like is all the chest thumping and bragging about who said what first. It doesn't matter. I even find it silly when local TV stations yell about all their "exclusives", "first on the site", etc. ... just give the news and shut up. We don't care who got there first, nor do we care to hear about how right someone was several days later.

One more thing I don't like, but will never be policed ... is the terrible grammar and misspellings and word mis-usages we see here all the time. People from other schools read the board and can get the impression that no one completed high school, let alone college. I think a person should at the very least read back through a post and corect typos to the best of their ability before hitting the Post button. And trashing the English language with "had went", "your" when it should be "you're", and any number of other offenses, only reinforce the redneck stereotype. As I said, I know it's not going to happen but it's good venting material and is really a matter of personal pride.

dawgoneyall
04-08-2018, 11:48 AM
I don't think I've said anything in the thread, so I might as well jump in before it's locked.

I don't care about nicknames in general. Almost everybody likes "Little Bit", "Big T", and such. I don't even think "Foambat" is all that bad. The player might agree with you if asked ... perhaps he's in a slump. "Wanda" I never understood, and didn't even know who he was talking about for a long time. Some nicknames could be so offensive that deleting might be in order though.

What I do not like is all the chest thumping and bragging about who said what first. It doesn't matter. I even find it silly when local TV stations yell about all their "exclusives", "first on the site", etc. ... just give the news and shut up. We don't care who got there first, nor do we care to hear about how right someone was several days later.

One more thing I don't like, but will never be policed ... is the terrible grammar and misspellings and word mis-usages we see here all the time. People from other schools read the board and can get the impression that no one completed high school, let alone college. I think a person should at the very least read back through a post and corect typos to the best of their ability before hitting the Post button. And trashing the English language with "had went", "your" when it should be "you're", and any number of other offenses, only reinforce the redneck stereotype. As I said, I know it's not going to happen but it's good venting material and is really a matter of personal pride.

Your right....the misuse of words is a complete obomanation.

I seen it dawg
04-08-2018, 11:58 AM

No. No it’s not.

QuadrupleOption
04-08-2018, 12:20 PM

"Wanda" is a reference to a character played by a man (Jamie Foxx) on the sketch comedy TV show "In Living Color" back in the 90's. It's highly derogative and anyone using to reference one of our players is a shitty person. I'm okay with giving someone crap about their play on the field, but attacking someone's looks is just a crappy thing to do. Especially one of our own players.

RocketDawg
04-08-2018, 12:26 PM
"Wanda" is a reference to a character played by a man (Jamie Foxx) on the sketch comedy TV show "In Living Color" back in the 90's. It's highly derogative and anyone using to reference one of our players is a shitty person. I'm okay with giving someone crap about their play on the field, but attacking someone's looks is just a crappy thing to do. Especially one of our own players.

I agree in general (but saying that Sexton, or if it's one of our players, needs a haircut isn't an attack ... it's just a statement of fact). Had no idea what "Wanda" was all about ... never watched that program. Thanks for the info.

BeastMan
04-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Your 100% rite. Im, so sick off the grammar hear.

turkish
04-08-2018, 01:45 PM
No. No it’s not.
This may be a case where perception is reality. I know a lot of people and mods don’t want to admit that it’s true. I can understand.

msbulldog
04-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Your 100% rite. Im, so sick off the grammar hear.

Beast you have been fishing way too much!

Quaoarsking
04-08-2018, 03:03 PM
This is Wanda for the record:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/d3/c2/8bd3c29f57b1a7d39c58f5498b8e37b6.jpg

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2018, 03:14 PM

This is just not true.. are you really that dense to not understand what i sent you in a PM? This board is NOT made or controlled by one poster.
You can call it subjective if you like. but it comes down to the fact I and other owner/mods are not on here every moment of every day to catch everything.

msbulldog
04-08-2018, 03:27 PM
This is just not true.. are you really that dense to understand you in a PM? This board is NOT made or controlled by one poster.
You can call it subjective if you like. but it comes down to the fact I and other owner/mods are not on here every moment of every day to catch everything.

Hey Scooba, you do a helluva job, thanks man! RA

I seen it dawg
04-08-2018, 07:21 PM
This may be a case where perception is reality. I know a lot of people and mods don’t want to admit that it’s true. I can understand.

Well I’m not just a mod so I’ll go ahead and not argue what i know.

Thick
04-08-2018, 09:29 PM
OMG, can we just ban the pussies that are complaining just to complain? You guys need to ask your wives to give your nuts back......please???

Todd4State
04-08-2018, 10:01 PM
OMG, can we just ban the pussies that are complaining just to complain? You guys need to ask your wives to give your nuts back......please???

Unfortunately I can only give you rep once.

Behrdawg
04-09-2018, 08:06 AM

I’m not a moderator here. I’m above that. So you’re wrong.

smootness
04-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Seriously. I think I was called things worse than foam bat before I was out of diapers. If you gotta protect Alexander from foam bat comments he might as well just stay in the dugout rest of his life.

By your own parents?

The issue is not that these are such horrific insults and we're scared our players can't handle them. It's that the insults...catch this...are coming from their own fans. If your mechanic insults you, you'll probably find another one. If your neighbor insults you endlessly, you'll probably move. If your spouse does it, you'll probably want them gone.

So.....you seeing the issue here?

Todd4State
04-09-2018, 09:58 AM
What I've learned on the Internet.

It's a nickname if some of the posters like it. It's slander if some of the posters don't like it.

Bulldog1
04-09-2018, 10:09 AM
It’s all in fun imo

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Alright, to the people who posted it. I've sent a PM. but I'll go ahead and post it here also. That nickname isn't gonna work anymore. Call him out if you want but don't use stupid nicknames for it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-09-2018, 10:42 AM
What I've learned on the Internet.

It's a nickname if some of the posters like it. It's slander if some of the posters don't like it.

It's a nickname if it's not meant to convey somethign negative ("whop" and "Dolla Bill" and "Big T" for example). It's an insult if it's meant to convey something negative.

I have red hair. If someone calls me "red", I don't take offence to it as a nickname. If someone refers to me as "low IQ", I react differently, as they are trying to put me down. "foambat" is 100% derogatory. If we changed his nickname to "walkoff" it would be a different story. This isn't hard to grasp- if the nickname is intentionally putting down our players, it's different than if it's a compliment/to simplify their long name.

preachermatt83
04-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Alright, to the people who posted it. I've sent a PM. but I'll go ahead and post it here also. That nickname isn't gonna work anymore. Call him out if you want but don't use stupid nicknames for it.

Legit question.. not wanting to argue just curious why you didn't act like this over "stone hands".

ScoobaDawg
04-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Legit question.. not wanting to argue just curious why you didn't act like this over "stone hands".

Things have changed going forth.

I seen it dawg
04-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Yes they have