PDA

View Full Version : These LSU Fans Haven't A Clue

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Interesting to read the LSU's fans talk about ESPN's prediction of them winning 6 games.

Here is what I gathered:

- Most are uneducated & think LSU will just be LSU
- Some are educated & are ready to fire O
- All think MSU is rebuilding this year because Mullen left
- Most think MSU is an automatic win.

Interesting to see their perspective on the LSU program & funny how they just revert to historical biases when discussing teams with no regard for the actual roster.

BTW, analytical rankings like ESPN FPI & others are one of the best thing that has ever happened to MSU football in regards to rankings. They take the historical biases out of the question & actually rank teams based on logical components.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/espn-cfb-projected-win-totals-for-2018/76155731/page-7/

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 11:44 AM
What about this one. http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/where-is-the-mississippi-state-cockiness-coming-from/76162759/

Quote from LSU fan:
They were decent under Mullen and think now that hes gone they are going to continue that success.

They wont. But letting them believe it is nice.

He has no idea.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 11:50 AM
that link takes you straight to page 7 where most of the posts are not positive.

WPDawg
04-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Interesting to read the LSU's fans talk about ESPN's prediction of them winning 6 games.

Here is what I gathered:

Interesting to see their perspective on the LSU program & funny how they just revert to historical biases when discussing teams with no regard for the actual roster.

BTW, analytical rankings like ESPN FPI & others are one of the best thing that has ever happened to MSU football in regards to rankings. They take the historical biases out of the question & actually rank teams based on logical components.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/espn-cfb-projected-win-totals-for-2018/76155731/page-7/

So you are bashing fans of LSU for being optimistic about the upcoming season. Fans Pulling for their school to better than most everyone else. I don't see your point. They like winning just like Bulldog supporters like winning.

Pit Bull
04-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Here is what I gathered:

Seems everybody thinks since Fitz had such a serious injury, that we'll be rebuilding at the QB position and can't possibly rebound fast enough to amount to much. Wrong. We'll be better at that position now that Key does have some experience in a couple big games.....will reduce his learning curve substantially. And Fitz is making a faster recovery than most expected. So to me whether Fitz backs up Key, or Key backs up Fitz, or they both play a lot......we are better off than last year. And not sure who LSU has at their QB spot, but they have been average at best for their standards.

VandelayIndustries
04-07-2018, 11:59 AM
So you are bashing fans of LSU for being optimistic about the upcoming season. Fans Pulling for their school to better than most everyone else. I don't see your point. They like winning just like Bulldog supporters like winning.

This. It's a message board where hope springs eternal, nobody wants to predict their team will suck. I know a lot of LSU fans who know they are going to struggle this year, their schedule is ridiculous

DownwardDawg
04-07-2018, 12:07 PM
LSU fan and friend of mine, who watches more SEC football than I do, says we will struggle this year due to how many players we lost on both the lines. I just shook my head and said “wow”.

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 12:12 PM
LSU fan and friend of mine, who watches more SEC football than I do, says we will struggle this year due to how many players we lost on both the lines. I just shook my head and said “wow”.

Lol. I laughed at that.

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Seems everybody thinks since Fitz had such a serious injury, that we'll be rebuilding at the QB position and can't possibly rebound fast enough to amount to much. Wrong. We'll be better at that position now that Key does have some experience in a couple big games.....will reduce his learning curve substantially. And Fitz is making a faster recovery than most expected. So to me whether Fitz backs up Key, or Key backs up Fitz, or they both play a lot......we are better off than last year. And not sure who LSU has at their QB spot, but they have been average at best for their standards.

The only reason Fitz will back up Key is if hes hurt again.

LSU starting QB is Myles Brennan from St Stanislaus and he is not very good

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Fitz will start as long as he’s not injured.

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2018, 12:43 PM

- We are MSU fans

- They are corn dogs

- We make fun of them.

tcdog70
04-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Slim chance of winning in SEC without an elite QB.