PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Deal With Guidry?

confucius say
04-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Is the reason he is not practicing really extra tutoring? Or is that code for smn else?

BeastMan
04-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Some guys have a hard time adjusting. Homesick, academics, etc... It could be one thing or a combination. Hopefully he finds some balance in his life so he can succeed.

msstate7
04-07-2018, 09:11 AM
My sources say he does not like fitz heavy, hard to catch ball - shotgun**

ShotgunDawg
04-07-2018, 09:14 AM
My sources say he does not like fitz heavy, hard to catch ball - shotgun**

That?s what she said

msstate7
04-07-2018, 09:20 AM
That?s what she said

Lol

Madisonmd
04-07-2018, 11:18 AM
He got in some trouble, may be back in summer (or sooner)

maroonmania
04-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Really don't understand why a guy who played the last 2 years in Jackson is having such a hard time adjusting? If he was just moving in from Cajun country it would make more sense if its a campus culture thing. Anyway, feeling much less confidence in him being the go to WR this Fall.

msstate7
04-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Pretty obvious he does not wanna be here. I would not count on much from him

BeardoMSU
04-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Pretty obvious he does not wanna be here. I would not count on much from him

Slow your roll, Panama Red. Let's not give up on the kid yet...

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Is this the one that posted on Twitter that he didn’t fit in here?

Bully13
04-07-2018, 11:52 AM
hmmm, how do we know he didn't just 17 up and is on a forced vacation itching to return?

msstate7
04-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Slow your roll, Panama Red. Let's not give up on the kid yet...

We do not have the luxury of giving up on him. From what I have read though, seems he wants to be at LSU. Suck it up though kid... LSU does not want you, but we do.

maroonmania
04-07-2018, 12:02 PM
We do not have the luxury of giving up on him. From what I have read though, seems he wants to be at LSU. Suck it up though kid... LSU does not want you, but we do.

We need to hope Devonte Jason is college ready or that we some of our existing guys take a big jump under Getsy. Right now I have little confidence that Guidry will still be here in the Fall. Amazing that we are having this issue with a guy that almost everyone thought would be our #1 option at WR.

CadaverDawg
04-07-2018, 12:11 PM
It’s time for Guidry to grow the F up and quit being a titty baby. Man up and help this team which will help your career and future....or keep pouting and watch your football career fade and your future start to appear much less appealing. Some guys finally see that it’s time to grow up and that an SEC program and education can help you become a man. Others never figure it out and waste their God given talent. It’s been 3 years since high school, Guidry....time to man up or give up imo. Hopefully he will choose the successful route, man up, and be the WR and teammate we recruited him to be

Bulldog1
04-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Is this the one that posted on Twitter that he didn’t fit in here?

ETA: It was in fact him who posted on his twitter that he “should have gone somewhere he fit in at.”

BuckyIsAB****
04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
It will blow over. R E L A X

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 03:14 PM
I said last year when we recruited him and this year when we recruited him... I honestly didn't care If he came here or not. You can find where I posted as much several times here. There was a reason for it.

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 03:16 PM
But, if it make sense everyone feel better he is supposed to be back next week.

tcdog70
04-07-2018, 03:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken he did not lead Hinds in receiving.His numbers were un - impressive

preachermatt83
04-07-2018, 03:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken he did not lead Hinds in receiving.His numbers were un - impressive

Yup. Talented kid but just not as productive as he should have been

msbulldog
04-07-2018, 03:35 PM
It’s time for Guidry to grow the F up and quit being a titty baby. Man up and help this team which will help your career and future....or keep pouting and watch your football career fade and your future start to appear much less appealing. Some guys finally see that it’s time to grow up and that an SEC program and education can help you become a man. Others never figure it out and waste their God given talent. It’s been 3 years since high school, Guidry....time to man up or give up imo. Hopefully he will choose the successful route, man up, and be the WR and teammate we recruited him to be

Tell It! +1

Ari Gold
04-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Guidrys numbers in juco mean nothing. Kid is very talented and is needed next year.
And yes everyone RELAX and stop acting like 12 year old school girls when a college football player tweets something
Let the staff handle Guidry . He will be fine .

maroonmania
04-08-2018, 07:45 AM
Guidrys numbers in juco mean nothing. Kid is very talented and is needed next year.
And yes everyone RELAX and stop acting like 12 year old school girls when a college football player tweets something

This is beyond tweeting. Hasn't the guy missed multiple practices? Out of state road trips? Was he in the scrimmage yesterday? Like I said, at this point, if he becomes a real player for us its a bonus because I'm certainly not counting on it.

tcdog70
04-08-2018, 10:02 AM

Why does his numbers mean nothing in JUCO? Seems to me , if you can't put up big numbers in JUCO and you are a supreme talent, then something Is rotten in Denmark.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Why does his numbers mean nothing in JUCO? Seems to me , if you can't put up big numbers in JUCO and you are a supreme talent, then something Is rotten in Denmark.

They had 4 WR sign D1 scholarships. He didn't have to be a focal point. They all ate & all had similar #'s.

tcdog70
04-08-2018, 11:11 AM
They had 4 WR sign D1 scholarships. He didn't have to be a focal point. They all ate & all had similar #'s.

I hear you. Sounds like an excuse for low numbers. Having 4 D1 talents should have helped a super talented WR not be doubled teamed. If he gets his head straight Maybe He will bloom, but you do know he will have D1 talent all around Him.
Maybe he sees that and that is his problem.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2018, 11:36 AM
I hear you. Sounds like an excuse for low numbers. Having 4 D1 talents should have helped a super talented WR not be doubled teamed. If he gets his head straight Maybe He will bloom, but you do know he will have D1 talent all around Him.

My point about the 4 D1 WR is that when you have that type of talent there isn't going to be 1 guy getting a lions share of the receptions. His problem isn't competition. Anybody that has been to practice will tell you he's the most talented WR we have. He just has to keep maturing.

Ari Gold
04-08-2018, 11:48 AM

It’s not talent related .. he is a legit SEC talent.

msbulldog
04-08-2018, 02:02 PM

QB issue, hinds didn't pass much in 2017, about 150 yds/game.

BB30
04-08-2018, 02:31 PM
We better hope he is still around in the fall and starts clicking. He has the ability to be a big time difference maker for us this year and could just about single handedly take the pressure off our running game. We haven’t had a guy that could go over the top and is physical in a long long time.

He is more than another warm body and has the build/hands/ speed to really help next years team out.

Bully13
04-08-2018, 02:36 PM
I wish I knew what was going on in his head.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2018, 03:47 PM
I wish I knew what was going on in his head.
You wish you knew what was going on in his 20 year old mind? I don't think our coaches can even understand everything in our players minds..

It will play out. he either comes back for practice or not. then he either shows up for the summer or not once the semester is finished

Bully13
04-08-2018, 03:58 PM
You wish you knew what was going on in his 20 year old mind? I don't think our coaches can even understand everything in our players minds..

It will play out. he either comes back for practice or not. then he either shows up for the summer or not once the semester is finished

I'm hoping they are on the phone with him. doesn't he have to go to class?

tcdog70
04-08-2018, 07:13 PM
QB issue, hinds didn't pass much in 2017, about 150 yds/game.

So you have 4 D1 WRs but you don't throw much? If you are a NFL talent and play JUCO and don't catch 8-10 passes a game, something is wrong . Sure he is fast, he has great hands (so I hear) but His JUCO numbers are weak and on top of that when he gets a chance to play with a great QB in an offense that highlights, fast WRs with good hands you wuss out. Something doesn't add up with this Kid.