PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who think Stricklin doesn't do a good job...

dawg21
10-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Why?

Because we lose football games?

TheRef
10-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not touching this thread. I'm out.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/enough-internet.gif

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Why?

Because we lose football games?

Have you been reading anything since the board started? From the basketball search, the Dudy Noble situation (or lack thereof), the football schedule for this season, and several other things. Not saying I agree with everything that has been said, but I'm surprised you haven't seen why if you have been here very long.

Will James
10-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Bracky F. Brett

Will Redmond

Oklahoma State

Dudy Noble Field (lack of badass plans and talk of messing with LFL)

Bracky F. Brett

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 05:54 PM
My only beef with Stricklin is he didn't have a plan for Dudy Noble improvements initiated immediately after our CWS run in baseball. I feel that the athletic administration dropped the ball with the timing because excitement was at an all time high. There were rumors of a possible announcement at the ceremony at dudy noble when the players got back, but there was not. I also like that he cares about the fan experience at Davis Wade, but they had it right in 2010. They got away from it and it has been shit since then (video board wise). They can play Andy Griffith on loop on the jumbotron during the game and I won't care as long as we are putting a winning team with a competent coach on the field.

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 05:58 PM
In all fairness, he apologized for scheduling a good team... so there's that.

Bracky F. Brett

Will Redmond

Oklahoma State

Dudy Noble Field (lack of badass plans and talk of messing with LFL)

Bracky F. Brett

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 06:04 PM
1) Dudy Noble expansion
2) 2013 Football Schedule Failure
3) Not taking up for our student athletes
4) Archaic Compliance department
5) LFL (maybe)
6) Basketball search

I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten. He's also expands the football stadium, built a practice facility for basketball, and helped maintain a bowl streak up until now.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 06:07 PM
He's had a good record in his hires for the minor sports, and Ray tentatively look a good hire as well. That's probably the most important thing he can do.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Yea I'm not as hard on Strick as many on here, but I can definitely understand their points and frustrations. I guess I tend to do like Hack said,and remember those good things he's done as well, so it balances things out and doesn't make him seem so awful to me.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
For me personally- I want to hear him out about Dudy-Noble. Based on the rumors I was hearing about what he wanted to do, it was probably good that he DIDN'T announce anything in June. As it is, I am glad that he is at least talking to MSU fans about it. If he didn't care, I doubt he would do that.

The compliance saga was totally unacceptable. It's absolutely criminal that Will Redmond was suspended for a year and a half.

The 2013 schedule was the worst thing to me. Just completely idiotic.

dawg21
10-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I get bits and pieces. I'm not defending him, just curious. He's got strengths and weaknesses in my opinion but has done a good job with the football facilities and overall fundraising.

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I meant saying that they would begin the process of looking into renovating dudy noble. Mention that they are speaking with boosters and getting large contributions. They didn't have to release any specifics. It concerns me a little that we are having a question and answer forum at various locations. It makes it look like we are not sure what we want to do. I read the hardees commercial comments on the Facebook page and it leads me to believe that many of our fans will show up and say, "Dudy Noble doens't need any improvements. Its the top facility in the nation!" "Will I be able to keep my lifetime chairback that I paid $100 for 25 years ago?"

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 06:22 PM
News flash... Turns out ok state is not that good .

For me personally- I want to hear him out about Dudy-Noble. Based on the rumors I was hearing about what he wanted to do, it was probably good that he DIDN'T announce anything in June. As it is, I am glad that he is at least talking to MSU fans about it. If he didn't care, I doubt he would do that.

The compliance saga was totally unacceptable. It's absolutely criminal that Will Redmond was suspended for a year and a half.

The 2013 schedule was the worst thing to me. Just completely idiotic.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 06:24 PM

That doesn't change anything regarding the scheduling. We could have scheduled a win.

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 06:27 PM
This. And I don't understand why people don't understand that.
That doesn't change anything regarding the scheduling. We could have scheduled a win.

WinningIsRelentless
10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
He's had a good record in his hires for the minor sports, and Ray tentatively look a good hire as well. That's probably the most important thing he can do.

Ray a good hire? As Keyshawn Johnson would say C'mom Man. How many games did we win in basketball last year vs what we won the year before? How long did it take Strickland to hire a him? It's no secret he was way way way way down the damn list.
Then the whole Will Redmond situation. Add in the football schedule this year. (I don't care if your BFF Larry T told you to do it and he would take care of you, you just don't ****ing do it). Lack of baseball stadium expansion is another reason.
He just isn't AD material period end of story. To be a good AD you need a athletic bone in your body and the most athletic thing he has done is probably play chess.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2013, 06:38 PM
This. And I don't understand why people don't understand that.

Because we are M State.

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM
We did but forgot the win part

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Ray a good hire? As Keyshawn Johnson would say C'mom Man. How many games did we win in basketball last year vs what we won the year before? How long did it take Strickland to hire a him? It's no secret he was way way way way down the damn list.
Then the whole Will Redmond situation. Add in the football schedule this year. (I don't care if your BFF Larry T told you to do it and he would take care of you, you just don't ****ing do it). Lack of baseball stadium expansion is another reason.
He just isn't AD material period end of story. To be a good AD you need a athletic bone in your body and the most athletic thing he has done is probably play chess.

Man you are clueless abour your bball comments. Not saying Ray will be great, but to say otherwise based on 1 year shows 0 knowlwdge of the subject on your part. Sorry

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 06:43 PM
We did but forgot the win part

Then we didnt schedule a WIN. So you are proving the point

PassInterference
10-06-2013, 06:44 PM
I have to say so far Ricky Ray has looked like a good hire.

No coach could have won with our roster last year. We barely had enough warm bodies to fill a team. And it way too early to pin the roster on Ray.

Despite all that, Ray's team played balls out hard all year long. They played with the intensity that we've craved. And they are getting stronger & more athletic under Ray's watch.

I really don't know how anybody could complain about Ricky Ray.

And RR had the best 1st vine video ever.

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Like Maine?

Hypnodawg
10-06-2013, 07:24 PM
OSU was a winnable game. Same as Auburn. We just shit the bed twice. LSU would have taken a miracle, but at least we looked like we belonged on the field with an elite team. We are getting better, but would shouldn't need 5 games to get into playing shape in year 5 of a program. If we had been properly prepared, we would be sitting at 4-1 with a quality win. Scheduling was not the problem. Last night was enough to buy Dan some breathing room in my book. Beat Ark, UK, Ole Miss, and BG and we make a crap bowl game without a quality win. Bitching about scheduling OSU is stupid. Life is about opportunities. We had an opportunity to get a quality win. We still have the opportunity to go to a bowl game.

sbcmortgageman
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
In all fairness, he apologized for scheduling a good team... so there's that.

You should never have to apologize for scheduling a game. Never.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
scheduling Oklahoma state took a ridiculously hard schedule and added a top twelve team to it. That's stupid.

scheduling Oklahoma state before knowing who our SEC east opponent is. that's stupid.

scheduling Oklahoma state when you've only got 3-4 locked in "W's" on the schedule that year. That's stupid.

Risking our bowl streak, something unprecedented in our program history, to schedule Oklahoma state. That's stupid.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
scheduling Oklahoma state took a ridiculously hard schedule and added a top twelve team to it. That's stupid.

scheduling Oklahoma state before knowing who our SEC east opponent is. that's stupid.

scheduling Oklahoma state when you've only got 3-4 locked in "W's" on the schedule that year. That's stupid.

Risking our bowl streak, something unprecedented in our program history, to schedule Oklahoma state. That's stupid.

Exactly.

And to Cheww's point....are you kidding me with the "Maine" comment? Has Mullen been losing to a bunch of teams he is supposed to beat that I'm not aware of that would make Maine a potential loss? That was not a good argument for your "schedule good teams" agenda.

HoopsDawg
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
You should never have to apologize for scheduling a game. Never.

AMEN!

nsvltndog
10-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I wish I could remember the year, but Scott elected not to pursue a early season kickoff game with UNC in Charlotte a few years ago that ESPN approached us about. His reasoning was the risk it put on bowl eligibility this early in Mullen's tenure. This was the pre-Fedora era when UNC was playing well and we were trying to get a bowl streak established.

I viewed this as a positive at the time even though I'm sure a trip to Charlotte would have been fun to our fan base.

EAVdog
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I love how folks say "oh we should have just had another expansion plan ready for Dudy Noble". Stricklin is overseeing two capital campaigns for 100 million dollars, the bond issues related, and the construction process of one of our most aggressive expansions ever. I'm in that field, to a degree, it is complicated and time consuming. And as someone else noted we just finished the basketball practice center. Throw in the expansion of the SEC and the hectic scheduling he had to navigate as well. He's making more positive changes than any other AD I can remember.

Sure we got screwed with the OK State game but I can assure you like Cam Newton the money was just too much. We can't continue to grow until we get the bonds paid off for these projects. And with this much out in bonds it would have been hard for IHL to approve even more fund raising for us.

As for Rick Ray, let it play out. It's not like the team was going anywhere with Stanbury last year.

Everyone just needs to chill the hell out this year and look forward to 2014, better football schedule, maybe CWS again, new Stadium (which looks awesome) is gonna open, Mullen is closing in on another top 25 recruiting class... I mean you'd think Croom and LT were still here the way everyone is acting.

Percho
10-06-2013, 09:06 PM

If we had played as good as we did last night would we have beaten Ok St?

WinningIsRelentless
10-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Man you are clueless abour your bball comments. Not saying Ray will be great, but to say otherwise based on 1 year shows 0 knowlwdge of the subject on your part. Sorry

No I'm a realist and can look at things without blinders on. If my memory serves me correct you wanted Stan's gone so you would say that.

bully99
10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Stricklan hasn't announced any thing for Dudy Noble because he doesn't have the money. If he did something would have been announced. As far as Rick Ray is concerned it's too early. Remember Richard Williams was about as low down the totem pole as Ray was. Roy Williams turned the State job down in 1986. He said we had too many Confederate flags on our campus. Never understood where he got that crap from.

hacker
10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Ray a good hire? As Keyshawn Johnson would say C'mom Man. How many games did we win in basketball last year vs what we won the year before?

Wow. GTFO with that shit. You're woefully misinformed.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 10:27 PM
If Rick Ray would have had Stands 2012 team- they would have been an NCAA Tourney team

Had Stands coached Ray's leftovers last year- they may have won 5 games at the most

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Are we gonna be better in ball thus year? Who do we have for bodies? I think once ray gets some players we are gonna be tough. I see the d style Arkansas teams.... Relentless defense type teams.

messageboardsuperhero
10-06-2013, 11:23 PM
My no. 1 problem with Stricklin is how he is handling DNF. I heard him say something on the radio the other day to the effect of "There is nothing wrong with the grandstand and tearing it down would be a waste." I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. He either has terrible standards for what we could potentially have, or he's completely out of touch with how bad the sight lines are down the foul lines. It's probably a little of both honestly. And like Todd said, if the rumors were true about what he wanted to do to DNF, then that just shows Stricklin is totally clueless. Everyone I've heard from who has put serious thought and research into it knows that starting over is by far the best option.

And yes, to all the people who say we don't have the money right now, I know cash is tight. I wouldn't expect us to break ground anytime soon, but this has been a known problem for a very long time. There really should have been an announcement by now for a new grandstand so we could have started fundraising for it with all our momentum from Omaha. I realize it would take time to raise the money, but I'd rather save up for a few years to have something great than do it cheap for something mediocre.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 11:29 PM
If Rick Ray would have had Stands 2012 team- they would have been an NCAA Tourney team

Had Stands coached Ray's leftovers last year- they may have won 5 games at the most

This. We were ranked #15 in January 2012. It was inexcusable to not make the tournament that year. I don't know how Stans defenders can just handwave that collapse away, along with the previous years, AND all the off-court incidents.

mic
10-06-2013, 11:34 PM
this should answer this thread question..
I went to "The Dude" to see what all was going on and how it was looking Wednesday around lunch. I walked behind home plate where a man that was prob pushing 80 was there.. I walked over and we began to talk about a few things what he liked and disliked about the new turf.
I said I wasn't a fan of the turf baselines and home plate. He agreed.
I then said ,"Well Cohen had to approve this and wanted it but if he didn't we need to fire Stricklin right now." I then said I don't know how you feel about Stricklin but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got rid of him anyway.
This 80 year fired this back at me...
"Me and some of my old friends drink coffee together every morning and we all say that we have a PR person in the position of AD. And Stricklin reminds them of a younger LT... "
BOOM...
I almost invited him to be an elite dawg.........

messageboardsuperhero
10-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Oh, and if the rumors of Stricklin trying to get rid of LFL are true, then he can take the first bus out of town as far as I'm concerned.

That would just be an abomination. There would be no reasoning or excuse that would make me forgive him for that.

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
No my point was that we thought we scheduled a win against Maine too and that didn't work out.

Exactly.

And to Cheww's point....are you kidding me with the "Maine" comment? Has Mullen been losing to a bunch of teams he is supposed to beat that I'm not aware of that would make Maine a potential loss? That was not a good argument for your "schedule good teams" agenda.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
First of all, if anybody wants their opinions taken seriously, you may want to spell Stricklin's name right. It is Stricklin. So telling us why you hate Strickland, makes us wonder how knowledgeable you are about Stricklin's job.

Not a shot at anybody, just sayin.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 12:30 AM
If we had played as good as we did last night would we have beaten Ok St?

Who knows? How does that change the fact that we scheduled a toss up at best when we already likely had 5-6 losses on the schedule. And by the way, OK st was pre season ranked, so it's not like it was a surprise

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 12:34 AM
No I'm a realist and can look at things without blinders on. If my memory serves me correct you wanted Stan's gone so you would say that.

Haha, realist??! What a joke.

A "realist" knows that Ray coached his first year last year. A realist knows that the cupboard was beyond bare. A realist knows that Phil Jackson couldn't have won at State last year.

For you to act like it is a given that Ray will suck, is asinine. And the fact that you mention I wanted Stans gone, shows you are part of the problem. If you STILL can't understand why it was best that Stans be gone from MSU, you actually DO have blinders on.

Thank you for proving to me that you have zero knowledge of what you speak of. But then again, you claim to know all things "STRICKLAND", so maybe I'm wrong.

Todd4State
10-07-2013, 01:56 AM

They're 4-1 and ranked 21st in the nation. And will probably move up a little bit now.

Todd4State
10-07-2013, 02:03 AM
No my point was that we thought we scheduled a win against Maine too and that didn't work out.

Hmm...and I thought we had to schedule Notre Dame to figure out that a coach sucked?

WinningIsRelentless
10-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Haha, realist??! What a joke.

A "realist" knows that Ray coached his first year last year. A realist knows that the cupboard was beyond bare. A realist knows that Phil Jackson couldn't have won at State last year.

For you to act like it is a given that Ray will suck, is asinine. And the fact that you mention I wanted Stans gone, shows you are part of the problem. If you STILL can't understand why it was best that Stans be gone from MSU, you actually DO have blinders on.

Thank you for proving to me that you have zero knowledge of what you speak of. But then again, you claim to know all things "STRICKLAND", so maybe I'm wrong.

Mark my words, Croom 2.0. And auto correct ****er changed it Strickland.