PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, we are recruiting the lights out

PassInterference
04-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Huff is like the 3rd or 4th ranked recruiter in the nation. I?ve been wait & see on him and now we are seeing. He is pulling some big fish.

I felt Mullen was an outstanding football coach and probably the best QB developer in the country. But his recruiting was below average. All that amounted him being a somewhat above average head coach.

Up north, Freeze was an elite recruiter (?The Network? all you want...Freeze knew how to play it) and a below average coach. You saw the results. He kicked our ass more often than not and won a sugar bowl.

So Mullen & Freeze were like opposite side of a coin. Great coach & poor recruiter vs below average coach and elite recruiter.

Now Moorhead.... by all accounts he is a great football coach. I questioned where he would land on the recruiting scale. Good coach + good recruiter should being us to new heights.

We still haven?t seen him head coach a football game, but the recruiting is sure looking good. And whispers on the street are that recruiting is going to keep getting better.

Hail State!!

munk_munk92
04-06-2018, 09:03 AM
I think it's funny how he is recruiting in Florida the same way he did here. They are gonna fire him in 4 years watch. They wont beat Georgia and if south Carolina keeps improving they are gonna have a hard time with them.

Lord McBuckethead
04-06-2018, 01:07 PM
Mullen will continue to be a 4-4 SEC guy. He will lose to GA, USCe, LSU, and hopefully UT here and there.
Depending on his schedule, aTM has been known to beat him along with Ark and UM. Bama is a given if they have them on the schedule.
5-3 and 4-4 is pretty much where he is going to be, regardless of where he coaches outside of GA and BAMA because of recruiting.
GA and USCe will continue to beat him consistently forever. That is a fact.

Turfdawg67
04-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Huff is like the 3rd or 4th ranked recruiter in the nation. I?ve been wait & see on him and now we are seeing. He is pulling some big fish.

I felt Mullen was an outstanding football coach and probably the best QB developer in the country. But his recruiting was below average. All that amounted him being a somewhat above average head coach.

Up north, Freeze was an elite recruiter (?The Network? all you want...Freeze knew how to play it) and a below average coach. You saw the results. He kicked our ass more often than not and won a sugar bowl.

So Mullen & Freeze were like opposite side of a coin. Great coach & poor recruiter vs below average coach and elite recruiter.

Now Moorhead.... by all accounts he is a great football coach. I questioned where he would land on the recruiting scale. Good coach + good recruiter should being us to new heights.

We still haven?t seen him head coach a football game, but the recruiting is sure looking good. And whispers on the street are that recruiting is going to keep getting better.

Hail State!!

Hail State! You got me all...

https://s31.postimg.org/a57zo9wgr/IMG_0428.jpg