PDA

View Full Version : How much of last year?s Baseball success was because of...

Randolph Dupree
04-06-2018, 08:01 AM
WE all gave Cann a ton of credit for a great coaching job last year, and it really seemed he did a great job, but I see Rooker is starting his first full year of pro baseball in AA. So the question is, how much of our success last year was due to the fact that we had a true AA hitter in our line up? I?d be interested to see how many games we won when Rooker didn?t have multiple extra base hits.

BTW I?m starting my day with a hot cup of Dunkin Coffee***

parabrave
04-06-2018, 09:13 AM
I've always believed that it started with Rooker. Then Cody Brown then Gridley. Sometimes you need to get just one player leading then the rest of the guys will follow. This year we don't have that player. So Rooker was Canns Brett Farve. BTW weeather might be the teams saving grace tonight.//

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Can was a really good hitting coach that helped Rooker a ton.

When engaged with the job, Cann was a great hire by Cohen.

Bulldog1
04-06-2018, 09:23 AM

Yep.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2018, 09:32 AM

Cann didn't help Rooker. Rooker's hitting instructor did that. He was working with one of the better hitting guys in the SE.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Cann didn't help Rooker. Rooker's hitting instructor did that. He was working with one of the better hitting guys in the SE.

Yep. This is the correct answer. To Cann's credit he did quite a bit with our other hitters, outside of Rooker.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Dunkin coffee give you cancer, unlike my magic weight loss coffee**

Rooker practically carried us as much as one hitter can in baseball for about 3 straight weekends around the Kentucky series. I'm of the belief that Cann was a great coach while he was locked in, he seems to have quit being locked in when the season ended last year though.

IMissJack
04-06-2018, 10:07 AM
I've asked this before, but how much is Cohen's responsibility for this current lack of talent. Even if Cann was still at MSU this team can't compete.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-06-2018, 10:58 AM
I've asked this before, but how much is Cohen's responsibility for this current lack of talent. Even if Cann was still at MSU this team can't compete.

100% on Cohen

BuckyIsAB****
04-06-2018, 10:58 AM

I think we would be in a much better spot right now if Cann is still the HC and engaged.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Really stupid question but - Can we hire this better hitting guy in the SE to help all our hitters?

IMissJack
04-06-2018, 11:03 AM
I think we would be in a much better spot right now if Cann is still the HC and engaged.

I disagree about being much better. I don't see a lot of wins we would have gotten with him still here. The SEC is just too good this year.

Randolph Dupree
04-06-2018, 12:19 PM

Agree. Cann checked out sometime during the summer and made some poor personnel decisions with what was left from last year’s roster that would have probably benefitted is of those kids were here. I also think that a large part of the current team’s woes is due to lack of offseason coaching, and no fire/we’ve given up (call me Captain Obvious). I’m not saying we win the SEC with him here but we probably compete better.

BuckyIsAB****
04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Agree. Cann checked out sometime during the summer and made some poor personnel decisions with what was left from last year’s roster that would have probably benefitted is of those kids were here. I also think that a large part of the current team’s woes is due to lack of offseason coaching, and no fire/we’ve given up (call me Captain Obvious). I’m not saying we win the SEC with him here but we probably compete better.

Exactly. We looked like a team that was totally unprepared. Like we didnt practice.

And its been said many a time on this board our offseason s&c program for baseball needs to change.