PDA

View Full Version : Let's get the outdoor forums going again

ScoobaDawg
04-06-2018, 01:30 AM
What are you cooking or drinking this weekend.

MadisonDawg
04-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Picked up a couple bottles of Buffalo Trace this week. Traveling this weekend so won’t be doing much cooking.

sscjr1
04-06-2018, 06:23 AM
Headed to Arkansas this morning. Taking my dad fishing on the White River tomorrow

Bully13
04-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Headed to Arkansas this morning. Taking my dad fishing on the White River tomorrow

I fished once on the White River. long time ago when I was 12 years old. never forget it. used corn and worms fishing on the bottom. I remember how crystal clear the water was, many times being able to see clear to the bottom. always wondered why the bottom seemed to have a light blue color to it. almost resembled the bottom of a swimming pool. rainbow trout get real pissed when you hook 'em. I'll never know what hit my bait once on that trip though that bent the shit out of my rod and after only about 10 seconds, the line snapped.

AlmostPositive
04-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Okay here is what I want to know.... what's the biggest bass you can expect to catch in small central Mississippi farm pond (nine acres)?

I manage to land a 12 pounder the other day (okay, eleven and a half and a little extra, but I'm adjusting for the Chinese scale and possible gravity fluctuations.)and I wonder if I should just quit while I'm ahead. Or if you can reasonably expect to beat that around here, I'll keep at it.

shannondawg
04-06-2018, 08:34 AM
If the discussion comes around to Crappie fishing , I'm all in.

AlmostPositive
04-06-2018, 08:39 AM

At the pond I regularly fish, you can catch as many 1.5 pounders as you want. Maybe it was a seasonal thing, but every time you dragged a rattletrap through a certain part of the pond, you got a fish. All the same size... kind of odd that there was no variation.

People who know more than I (which would be almost everyone) say they rival the best for taste at the table.

shoeless joe
04-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Freshly killed fried wild turkey nuggets this evening. Tomorrow evening will involve the grill and a couple marinated ribeyes, grilled onions and mushrooms, deer sausage, and homemade mashed taters. During the cooking stage I will most likely partake in a domestic lite beer....I'm a very very simple man.

Bulldog1
04-06-2018, 09:07 AM
Looks like I’ll have a Sirloin and fixins for supper. I cook my steak on the stove... Doesn’t get any better.

shannondawg
04-06-2018, 09:12 AM
At the pond I regularly fish, you can catch as many 1.5 pounders as you want. Maybe it was a seasonal thing, but every time you dragged a rattletrap through a certain part of the pond, you got a fish. All the same size... kind of odd that there was no variation.

People who know more than I (which would be almost everyone) say they rival the best for taste at the table.

They are the best tasting, and it is a season thing to catch them the way you say.

DonDon
04-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Crappie are fixing to be in shallow spawning. Some males are already in shallow and got their fighting colors on. Not this weekend but next weekend, they should be getting after it

shannondawg
04-06-2018, 10:04 AM
People have been hauling them in out of the grass for several week, this crazy weather has them moving in and moving out.

shoeless joe
04-06-2018, 10:13 AM

I'm not a crappie fisherman but I know a lot that are....rumor is that folks that can't usually catch em were fillin the boat as of two days ago on the waterway.

shannondawg
04-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Anybody can catch crappie during spawing season. People use to only fish during that time of year, but now its a year round sport, easy to catch when they are found, the trick is finding them.

DonDon
04-06-2018, 12:11 PM
I catch them year round. My favorite time of year is coming up. Pulling Crankbaits for Crappie. Stick 3-4 poles out each side and ride around over ledges looking for Shad. The Crappie won;t e far away.

shoeless joe
04-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Anybody can catch crappie during spawing season. People use to only fish during that time of year, but now its a year round sport, easy to catch when they are found, the trick is finding them.

I'm just trying to spread the word that they are biting so folks will get out of the turkey woods

Political Hack
04-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Thats why I prefer fishing small ponds over big lakes.

My son wants to go fish the Hooch here in ATL. Any advice from you gurus? I’ve always been out front, in a Lake bass fishing, or pulling blue gill out of local ponds.

BuckyIsAB****
04-06-2018, 12:28 PM
I'm just trying to spread the word that they are biting so folks will get out of the turkey woods

If the season is going like it is for me they wont be around much longer. This has been a slow turkey season so far. Hopefully they still havent gotten started good yet or maybe I just dont have many birds.

But you wont see me leaving the turkey woods, I think about it year round haha