PDA

View Full Version : Nick Weatherspoon to Draft

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2018, 08:18 PM
According to his Twitter - Nick has thrown his hat in the NBA draft ring.

Good move. Get you grade and find out what to work on next year.

msstate7
04-05-2018, 08:24 PM
So, no agent?

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 08:28 PM
So, no agent?

Nope. Not yet at least.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 08:56 PM
New starting lineup if the worst possible scenario happens.

PG Tyson
SG Q
SF Perry
PF Holman
C Ado

might work, we'd be big as **** and should get every rebound ever.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I think Nick may be more of a potential NBA player than Lamar....or Malik

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 08:58 PM
New starting lineup if the worst possible scenario happens.

PG Tyson
SG Q
SF Perry
PF Holman
C Ado

might work, we'd be big as **** and should get every rebound ever.

We’d be Goliath all over the court. Good thing is Perry is quick for a 6’9, 245 Lbs. Forward.

Liverpooldawg
04-05-2018, 09:05 PM

Don't know about Malik, but definitely over Lamar.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 09:17 PM
We’d be Goliath all over the court. Good thing is Perry is quick for a 6’9, 245 Lbs. Forward.

Works for Kentucky. We'd have 3-4 guys that can shoot 3's. Do some type of triangle offense with Holman up top and Perry & Ado down low and it could work. I think we should try running a little offense with Holman at the top of the key where he can either shoot it, dump it down low to Ado/Perry or kick it to the wings Tyson/Q.

msstate7
04-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Works for Kentucky. We'd have 3-4 guys that can shoot 3's. Do some type of triangle offense with Holman up top and Perry & Ado down low and it could work. I think we should try running a little offense with Holman at the top of the key where he can either shoot it, dump it down low to Ado/Perry or kick it to the wings Tyson/Q.
Our man to man defense would get destroyed

Ifyouonlyknew
04-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Not a surprise. Still expect Q & Holman to do the same. Good practice for Nick & Lamar for next year. They'll have the process down pat & it won't be a shock.

Homedawg
04-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Yes he does.

Bully13
04-05-2018, 09:23 PM
welp, 2019 pre-season top 25 rankings will have to be revamped. I'm so depressed now. ****

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 09:23 PM

I think so too.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Our man to man defense would get destroyed

Why? We'd have 3 shot blockers on the court at the same time. Build a better starting 5 without a PG than that one.

msstate7
04-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Why? We'd have 3 shot blockers on the court at the same time. Build a better starting 5 without a PG than that one.

I just do not think Tyson can guard a one, q can guard a 2, or perry can guard a 3. Holman is a good shot blocker, but not a good defender. If we lose both peters and nick without adding a good pg through recruiting or grad transfer, we will not be a good team.

MarketingBully
04-05-2018, 09:30 PM
This is not unexpected and it’s more to understand what they need to improve on to make the first round next year. Both will be back.

MarketingBully
04-05-2018, 09:31 PM
I just do not think Tyson can guard a one, q can guard a 2, or perry can guard a 3. Holman is a good shot blocker, but not a good defender. If we lose both peters and nick without adding a good pg through recruiting or grad transfer, we will not be a good team.

We aren’t losing them.

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 09:32 PM

We’ve got to get Tyler Harris if one of them leave.

msstate7
We aren’t losing them.

I do not think so either

MarketingBully
Nope. Not yet at least.

He said no agent. If he was intending on getting an agent, he would of said so. This is the new way you test the waters.

MCsMGs
04-05-2018, 09:49 PM

If you watched the Louisville game, then you know Q "can" guard a 2, the question is how often
will he.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:09 PM
This is not unexpected and it?s more to understand what they need to improve on to make the first round next year. Both will be back.

I think NBA scouts tell players to transfer to bigger basketball name schools if they aren't getting drafted 1st round. I'll believe these two return when they say it.

MCsMGs
04-05-2018, 10:17 PM
I think NBA scouts tell players to transfer to bigger basketball name schools if they aren't getting drafted 1st round. I'll believe these two return when they say it.

Loosen up that tinfoil hat dude...neither one of them is gonna sit a year.

Besides, have you been paying attention to how many players testing the water? The sheer number that they will be competing with is gonna make it real difficult to get drafted.

MarketingBully
04-05-2018, 10:21 PM

This is the dumbest thing you have said on here. Chill.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Loosen up that tinfoil hat dude...neither one of them is gonna sit a year.

Besides, have you been paying attention to how many players testing the water? The sheer number that they will be competing with is gonna make it real difficult to get drafted.

This is the dumbest thing you have said on here. Chill.

We've had bad luck with players since Hood. I'll chill when they stop transferring.

MCsMGs
04-05-2018, 10:38 PM
We've had bad luck with players since Hood. I'll chill when they stop transferring.

I hear what you’re saying, but we have a coach now that has a lot of players in the league and the program is a far cry from the dumpster fire that Hood jumped out of. We were fortunate to get Newman and Kegler and fortunate to lose them.

MarketingBully
04-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Let me think - Malik had advice from the NBA draft to return to MSU not to transfer. He transferred because of Horatio Webster and himself.

Hood didn’t even go through this process. I think if we made the right coaching hire we would have kept him. As it was, he had the opportunity to be coached by Ricky Ray or Coach K. No contest there.

Kegler was an asshat and also didn’t go through this process. I really have no reason why he transferred other then going back to high school he had attended four schools in four years so you knew he was an issue and his guardian/handler was Omhar Carter.

I’m really not sure what you are talking about.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Let me think - Malik had advice from the NBA draft to return to MSU not to transfer. He transferred because of Horatio Webster and himself.

Hood didn’t even go through this process. I think if we made the right coaching hire we would have kept him. As it was, he had the opportunity to be coached by Ricky Ray or Coach K. No contest there.

Kegler was an asshat and also didn’t go through this process. I really have no reason why he transferred other then going back to high school he had attended four schools in four years so you knew he was an issue and his guardian/handler was Omhar Carter.

I’m really not sure what you are talking about.

I'm aware that you think both players return. I am less sure. It's not worth arguing over right now.

ScoobaDawg
04-06-2018, 01:09 AM

Damnit 61
. The sky ain't falling...