04-05-2018, 04:16 PM
nt

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Yall stop talking that liberal politics bullsh*t

BeardoMSU
04-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Yall stop talking that liberal politics bullsh*t

It must be so extreme, they can't even post it on the poly board. I'm intrigued...

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 04:20 PM
It must be so extreme, they can't even post it on the poly board. I'm intrigued...
Weeeeelllllllllll there's a little story to know about that...

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Weeeeelllllllllll there's a little story to know about that...
I want to know. Is it still on the pol board?

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Not really..

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Sort of. Date of thread was 4-2-2018

Liverpooldawg
04-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Is 61 still a mod there?

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Is 61 still a mod there?

He sure is.

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Is 61 still a mod there?

Only in name only...

Liverpooldawg
04-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Only in name only...

Seriously?

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Seriously?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgG50Fb7Mi0prBC/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
04-05-2018, 06:18 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgG50Fb7Mi0prBC/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/cF7QqO5DYdft6/giphy.gif

Liverpooldawg
04-05-2018, 07:08 PM
That's what I thought, never mind. A political board where a mod let's his personal politics rule his decisions isn't a real political board any more. It's a CNN/Fox board.

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 07:10 PM
That's what I thought, never mind. A political board where a mod let's his personal politics rule his decisions isn't a real political board any more. It's a CNN/Fox board.

The board needs more right wing posters IMO.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 07:22 PM

You keep reminding everyone why you got banned in the first place every time you remind everyone you have the inability to let things go. Just a heads up on that it's been 10 months since you got banned.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 07:23 PM

Yea like Conor McGregor needs to hang out with Dana White

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Btw if anyone would like to be added to the political board please have at least 100 posts and send a PM to ScoobaDawg asking for access. Thanks

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 07:30 PM

The board is 50/50.

AlmostPositive
04-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Give me a D- on managing my own message box.... I have cleared it 6 times, but it still gets backed up somehow.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 07:57 PM
The board is 50/50.

Not even close. You must be the guy counting all the votes to say Trump has a 51% approval rating.** Here's everyone that viewed the most popular thread in 3 months on there. You do the math or don't.

msstate7, LandDawg, Prediction? Pain., Political Hack, Jack Lambert, shoeless joe, DudyDawg, RAYn_Man, Westdawg, BeastMan, somebodyshotmypaw, RocketDawg, bostondawg, Treemydawg, WeWonItAll(Most), msstatelp1, Gordon Gekko, BoomBoom, Irondawg, Johnson85, drunkernhelldawg, sandwolf, Bully13, TUSK, HereComesTheSpiral, starkvegasdawg34, Dawg61, Coach007, MetEdDawg

AlmostPositive
04-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Not even close. You must be the guy counting all the votes to say Trump has a 51% approval rating.** Here's everyone that viewed the most popular thread in 3 months on there. You do the math or don't.

msstate7, LandDawg, Prediction? Pain., Political Hack, Jack Lambert, shoeless joe, DudyDawg, RAYn_Man, Westdawg, BeastMan, somebodyshotmypaw, RocketDawg, bostondawg, Treemydawg, WeWonItAll(Most), msstatelp1, Gordon Gekko, BoomBoom, Irondawg, Johnson85, drunkernhelldawg, sandwolf, Bully13, TUSK, HereComesTheSpiral, starkvegasdawg34, Dawg61, Coach007, MetEdDawg

I think you are quite correct that there are more conservative posters. Probably more than 2-1. But there is always a liberal voice as well. I would guess that you and Boom and Drunk have posted a lot more than any three or possibly any 10 conservative posters.

Anyway, this is me saying you are correct, and that doesn't happen often.

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 08:38 PM

I concede... But we need more right posters, and dare I say more left posters.

TUSK
04-05-2018, 08:42 PM

61, do you have the ability to sort the the Poly Board Posts by Board Member? I'd be interested to see who posts, how much, % etc...

sorry for the slight hijack....

bostondawg
04-05-2018, 08:43 PM
61, do you have the ability to sort the the Poly Board Posts by Board Member? I'd be interested to see who posts, how much, % etc...

I'd be interested in this too. Although 3 people start 95 percent of the threads. Haha.

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 08:47 PM

Is Conor McGregor supposed to be a household name? I saw a headline today that he'd attacked a bus load of fighters, or something of the sort. Then I read the article and it never did say who he was ... just assumed the reader knew (that's terrible journalism). I've never heard of him so I googled his name; when I found out who he is, I wasn't surprised I'd never heard of him.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 08:48 PM

I don't think anyone has that ability but the 4 most active posters on that board are Coach007, starkvegasdawg, Boom and Bully13.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 08:49 PM
I concede... But we need more right posters, and dare I say more left posters.

We need more posters no doubt. Like 75 more posters and it'd be a pretty good board.

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 08:50 PM

Actually, what it needs is more people who can think for themselves instead of those who automatically agree with a right or left position. It's possible to have reasonable opinions on both sides of the fence.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Is Conor McGregor supposed to be a household name? I saw a headline today that he'd attacked a bus load of fighters, or something of the sort. Then I read the article and it never did say who he was ... just assumed the reader knew (that's terrible journalism). I've never heard of him so I googled his name; when I found out who he is, I wasn't surprised I'd never heard of him.

Guess not as much as I thought. I'd like to correct it to say "like Cann needs to be on Tinder". You probably don't know what Tinder is though. Damn I'm terrible at this today.

TUSK
04-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Actually, what it needs is more people who can think for themselves instead of those who automatically agree with a right or left position. It's possible to have reasonable opinions on both sides of the fence.

Rep'd. +1

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 08:53 PM

61, I'm missing something. Merely viewing the most popular thread doesn't indicate anyone's political leanings. Posting might, but just reading it does not. For instance, I read both Fox and CNN but that doesn't mean I agree with either of them and their methods ... I often find myself disgusted with both of them.

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 08:54 PM

True.

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I think you are quite correct that there are more conservative posters. Probably more than 2-1. But there is always a liberal voice as well. I would guess that you and Boom and Drunk have posted a lot more than any three or possibly any 10 conservative posters.

Anyway, this is me saying you are correct, and that doesn't happen often.

You've gotta remember where the vast majority of posters on this board live. Given that, I'm surprised it isn't about 95% "conservative". If it was a UC Berkeley board I'd expect the numbers to be reversed.

And ... number of posts doesn't mean that someone actually adds anything constructive to a conversation. It just means they talk a lot.

TUSK
04-05-2018, 08:59 PM
61, I'm missing something. Merely viewing the most popular thread doesn't indicate anyone's political leanings. Posting might, but just reading it does not. For instance, I read both Fox and CNN but that doesn't mean I agree with either of them and their methods ... I often find myself disgusted with both of them.

Yeah, that's be a less than ideal way to read the data....

(Poster's Total Posts in t) / (Total Board Posts in t) = X%

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Guess not as much as I thought. I'd like to correct it to say "like Cann needs to be on Tinder". You probably don't know what Tinder is though. Damn I'm terrible at this today.

Ha. You're absolutely right ... I have no idea what Tinder is. Had to think for a second to remember who Cann is/was. Whatever happened to him anyway?

I really wasn't criticizing you for the McGregor thing ... just the news article that assumed all readers knew who he is. It should have led off with something like "Conor McGregor, mixed martial arts fighter" ....

Bully13
04-05-2018, 09:03 PM
You keep reminding everyone why you got banned in the first place every time you remind everyone you have the inability to let things go. Just a heads up on that it's been 10 months since you got banned.

his ban was unwarranted due to you and he was given the open door to return a while back but refused to do so since you were still the mod. the dude's in the medical field and his takes on the problems with our health care / insurance industry are sorely missed on the board. he and I even had a disagreement on the opioid problem but because we are adults, the disagreement was done in civil fashion.

Hey LIVER: Soccer still Sucks!!!! LOL.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Ha. You're absolutely right ... I have no idea what Tinder is. Had to think for a second to remember who Cann is/was. Whatever happened to him anyway?

I really wasn't criticizing you for the McGregor thing ... just the news article that assumed all readers knew who he is. It should have led off with something like "Conor McGregor, mixed martial arts fighter" ....

Conor McGregor is a MMA fighter that boxed Floyd Mayweather last year. You've seen him before if you've turned on ESPN in the last two years. He's the cockiest man alive and probably the greatest shit talker to ever walk the planet.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGkPfOHdgUf0F7W/giphy.gif

AlmostPositive
04-05-2018, 09:09 PM
The Politics board needs:

a few dozen more members
a little (a lot) more civility.

...would like to see it get both.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 09:13 PM
his ban was unwarranted due to you and he was given the open door to return a while back but refused to do so since you were still the mod. the dude's in the medical field and his takes on the problems with our health care / insurance industry are sorely missed on the board. he and I even had a disagreement on the opioid problem but because we are adults, the disagreement was done in civil fashion.

Hey LIVER: Soccer still Sucks!!!! LOL.

PM me if you want to discuss why two posters got banned from that board. You have a slanted and very limited view on it right now.

Bully13
04-05-2018, 09:16 PM
PM me if you want to discuss why two posters got banned from that board. You have a slanted and very limited view on it right now.

my view is neither slanted nor limited. and there is no need for a PM, just spill it here on the Poly board. it's not that big a deal.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 09:20 PM
my view is neither slanted nor limited. and there is no need for a PM, just spill it here on the Poly board. it's not that big a deal.

Cause nobody on this board that isn't a poli member needs to hear dirty laundry/stupid arguments made on a different board and the two posters you're upset about don't have access to that board so they can't read/contribute. Either PM me or drop it please.

Bully13
04-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Cause nobody on this board that isn't a poli member needs to hear dirty laundry/stupid arguments made on a different board and the two posters you're upset about don't have access to that board so they can't read/contribute. Either PM me or drop it please.

nope, not gonna drop it. the fact that your banishment of a quality poster was rejected is all that matters. the fact that he's been free to come back for a while but still refuses to do so shows you don't now how to moderate a board in an unbiased way. he's been free to come back for a while but refuses to do so because of you. we lost a good poster with lots of knowledge in the medical and health insurance field because of you.

are you proud of yourself?

RocketDawg
04-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Conor McGregor is a MMA fighter that boxed Floyd Mayweather last year. You've seen him before if you've turned on ESPN in the last two years. He's the cockiest man alive and probably the greatest shit talker to ever walk the planet.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGkPfOHdgUf0F7W/giphy.gif

Yeah, you're probably right but watching MMA is so far down my list of things I like that it's virtually nonexistent. But ... a million years ago I used to watch the Friday Night Fights (boxing, not boxing and kicking). If the fight ended early because of a knockout, they'd have a few minutes of "Make That Spare", a bowling program. Remember that? I remember seeing the fight in which Benny "Kid" Perret (not sure of the spelling) was knocked out and later died. That was sort of upsetting to a small kid.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:17 PM
the fact that he's been free to come back for a while but still refuses to do so shows you don't now how to moderate a board in an unbiased way. he's been free to come back for a while but refuses to do so because of you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/SDxzM5LAVq5Tq/giphy.gif

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Yeah, you're probably right but watching MMA is so far down my list of things I like that it's virtually nonexistent. But ... a million years ago I used to watch the Friday Night Fights (boxing, not boxing and kicking). If the fight ended early because of a knockout, they'd have a few minutes of "Make That Spare", a bowling program. Remember that? I remember seeing the fight in which Benny "Kid" Perret (not sure of the spelling) was knocked out and later died. That was sort of upsetting to a small kid.

I don't watch MMA either but I'll watch a good high profile boxing match. I watched the McGregor/Mayweather fight. Used to watch all of Tyson's fights when he got out the slamma, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, George Foreman, Roy Jones Jr. Boxing was pretty sweet in the 80's-90's. Now it's terrible. Haven't watched a premier fight besides Conor/Mayweather in the last 10 years probably. I do remember Friday Night Fights. The ones I'd watch were Showtime or HBO boxing but those were PPV fights mostly I think.

Bully13
04-05-2018, 10:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/SDxzM5LAVq5Tq/giphy.gif

what part of "Fact" do you not understand? there is no confusion here. I've got documented testimony to what I've said, all you have is some Ice T bullshit. speaks volumes.

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 10:36 PM
I've got documented testimony to what I've said

then document it

https://media.giphy.com/media/UlqLDtI8Qc0j6/giphy.gif

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-05-2018, 10:39 PM

+1

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Speaking of McGregor. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768685-conor-mcgregor-reportedly-surrenders-to-nypd-after-attacking-bus-at-ufc-223?share=other

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 11:12 PM

The exact truth and what I'm pushing hard. There won't be any more personal attacks or just blank labeling left or right as an insult. Use your damn brain and have an independent thought and discussion. If we can't have that.. Close the damn place down.

ScoobaDawg
04-06-2018, 01:06 AM
Bump