PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Masters... Who will win

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Maybe I'll throw up some vcash action actually..

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm going to be stupid, and say Tiger.

I know he's not everyone's favorite - but with everything he has been thru, it's as good of a down and out redemption story as you can get (except maybe John Daly winning).

And frankly, now that I'm in my mid 40s, I root for anyone in my age group to win anything. Tiger, Phil, DL 3, Bartolo Colon, Ichiro - us old guys gotta stick together mane.

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 11:21 AM
I'll give ya some good oddds on that wtf not

Gutter Cobreh
04-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Maybe I'll throw up some vcash action actually..

Please do! I have some vcash burning a hole in my pocket....

louisvilledawg
04-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Not Sergio. lolz

BuckyIsAB****
04-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Bubba Watson

Dawg61
04-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Looks like it'll be Spieth or the guy that dislocated his ankle yesterday Tony Finau. Dude shot -4 a day after almost losing his ankle.

Homedawg
04-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Spieth may win. But they didn't know they awarded green jackets on Thursday

Bully13
04-05-2018, 09:50 PM
I wasn't going to cast a pick till Scooba decided to throw that V-Cash carrot in the mix. I'll go take a gander and make a pick. If we pick Tiger, do we get some odds??

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Yea I'll throw it up tomorrow sorry guys.. Been a little busy today..

ScoobaDawg
04-06-2018, 01:05 AM
Give me a few more names...

louisvilledawg
04-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Looks like it'll be Spieth or the guy that dislocated his ankle yesterday Tony Finau. Dude shot -4 a day after almost losing his ankle.

Charley Hoffman wishes this logic was accurate. Dude would have so many wins.

louisvilledawg
04-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Give me a few more names...

Patrick Reed
Rory McIlroy (my pick)
Rafa Cabrera Bello
Phil Mickelson
Marc Leishman
and maybe Rickie Fowler.

ScoobaDawg
04-06-2018, 09:41 AM
I reversed the odds... everyone enjoy
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?65835-2018-Masters-Championship

smootness
04-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Gonna be tough for Spieth not to pull it off, he just plays Augusta so well. But man am I rooting for Tiger.

Coursesuper
04-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Long way to go but I feel a DJ charge is going to come and I really like the Patrick Reed is playing. Reed could get his first major here if he can keep his head on strait. With the rain tomorrow they will be throwing darts Sunday and that will be fun to watch.

fishwater99
04-06-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm pulling for Phil... Go Phat Phil !!!

Coursesuper
04-06-2018, 02:31 PM
The golf course is as hard as Chinese arithmetic and the best players in the world are all bunched, up its going to be some awesome golf after the rain tomorrow. There ar 20 guys that can win this thing.

RocketDawg
04-06-2018, 03:09 PM
The golf course is as hard as Chinese arithmetic and the best players in the world are all bunched, up its going to be some awesome golf after the rain tomorrow. There ar 20 guys that can win this thing.

There may not be a cut. Almost everybody is within 10 strokes of the lead.

BuckyIsAB****
04-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Bubba sneaking up shot -4 today. -3 overall. Im telling yall

RocketDawg
04-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Patrick Reed playing as well as anyody right now and has a 2 stoke lead through 14 at -9. I don't particularly like the guy but he's playing exceptionally well today.

Bully13
04-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Patrick Reed playing as well as anyody right now and has a 2 stoke lead through 14 at -9. I don't particularly like the guy but he's playing exceptionally well today.

why you hating on Patrick?

Bully13
04-06-2018, 06:30 PM

RocketDawg
04-06-2018, 06:50 PM

"don't particularly like" doesn't mean hating. I just remember how arrogant he was when he first came on the scene, saying something like he could beat anybody out there or something to that effect. Even if it's true that's not something you say.

Bully13
04-06-2018, 07:21 PM
"don't particularly like" doesn't mean hating. I just remember how arrogant he was when he first came on the scene, saying something like he could beat anybody out there or something to that effect. Even if it's true that's not something you say.

then I stand corrected sir and thank you very much. I don't like that shit like that either on the golf circuit . I remember watching in Memphis when Greg Norman sunk an 18 footer at the 18th to win the St. Jude. all he did was tip his hat as he casually walked to the hole to retrieve his ball. that's something I love about golf.

I also remember Dickey Pride's win at St. Jude (I lived 12 years in Mempho ) he was a 17ing asshole to nth degree. going 17ing ballistic around the likes of people like golfers Fred Couples and Nick Price. it was shameful in my opinion. this was pre-Tiger.

that's why I never pull for Tiger but I know he's good for the game and respect his talent. what he did in golf was Ruthian. he had a run that will never be surpassed in my opinion. but overall, I don't like him and enjoy watching him lose. But I want him to play for those very reasons.

Coursesuper
04-06-2018, 07:33 PM
I like Patrick he?s a member of a buddy of mine. He?s just starting to grow up as a pga tour pro.

Bully13
04-06-2018, 07:50 PM
HA!!! Fred Couples is ahead of Tiger. lmao!!!

RocketDawg
04-06-2018, 09:20 PM
HA!!! Fred Couples is ahead of Tiger. lmao!!!

That's pretty amazing. Gotta like Freddie. How did Phil finish up today?

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Patrick Reed
Rory McIlroy (my pick)
Rafa Cabrera Bello
Phil Mickelson
Marc Leishman
and maybe Rickie Fowler.

That's pretty good prognosticating. They're all on the first page of the leaderboard right now. And Rahm just chipped in an eagle to join the big boys.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:21 PM
That's pretty amazing. Gotta like Freddie. How did Phil finish up today?

finished 2 over for today. 7 over for the tourney. he's way down towards the bottom.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:24 PM
finished 2 over for today. 7 over for the tourney. he's way down towards the bottom.

2 over's not bad with a total whiff on the first hole. He hit the limb on his downswing and missed the ball by at least a foot.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:25 PM
CBS has been on for about 25 minutes now and has shown maybe 5 minutes of golf. I really get tired of the "feel good" human interest things, and I also get tired of Jim Nantz's droning .... I'd almost rather hear Johnny Miller.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Tiger only made the cut by 2 strokes. tied for 40th as of now. I glanced thru the leader board and noticed he's behind Bernhard Langer and Fred Couples.

kinda surprised though because he played pretty damn good his last outing.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:27 PM
It's 30 degrees warmer in Augusta than it is here, and it's not that far away. This is quite the weather system (I guess it's a "cold core low") we're having. Drizzle here is almost snow. Probably is not far above the ground.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:29 PM
McIlroy almost got a hole in one. Will move to -7.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Ricky Fowler is on fire. 4 under thru 7. 2 off the lead now.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Stenson just holed out a fairly long shot from the bunker. Reed is holding steady, but a lot of others may catch up with him. It's going to get exciting, and tomorrow could well be one for the ages.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Fowler now 5 under thru 8 but Reed matched him a bird to stay 2 ahead. 3 others tied for 2nd 2 shots off the pace.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 03:06 PM
McIlroy is getting the breaks. Almost a hole in one, and now chips in for a birdie. If it hadn't gone in, it might have been off the green on the other side. Now tied with Reed after 8.

Stenson has two birds in a row.

Coursesuper
04-07-2018, 03:07 PM
The rain has drastically changed the greens, there is not nearly as much fire in them today. The color has changed and the grass is much more upright for sure. They are playing much more aggressively now due to,the change in the conditions.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Reed takes the lead again with a birdie. Coming to the 9th tee.

Marc Leishmann is playing really well today too. He's burned the edges on several putts.

Coursesuper
04-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Reed takes the lead again with a birdie. Coming to the 9th tee.

Marc Leishmann is playing really well today too. He's burned the edges on several putts.

Leishmann hast got it today. He looks stuck, can't get through the ball today.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 03:33 PM
Leishmann hast got it today. He looks stuck, can't get through the ball today.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think it's his putting holding him back today though. Seems like he's afraid to hit the ball.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 03:38 PM
The best score ever is Tiger in 1997 at -18. Reed is -11 now with 9 more holes to go today. And the cold air should be in Augusta later on so the course won't dry out as fast. A record isn't out of the question if he can keep playing. He doesn't seem to be letting the lead bother him.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:01 PM
Going out on a limb ... Reed will win. He just chipped in for an eagle. Now -15.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 05:08 PM
here's why the golfing world doesn't like Patrick Reed:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/patrick-reed-masters-popularity-why-do-so-many-fans-hate-him

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:15 PM
here's why the golfing world doesn't like Patrick Reed:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/patrick-reed-masters-popularity-why-do-so-many-fans-hate-him

Was it you who asked yesterday why I was hating on Patrick? That article sums it up, and I only knew about his brashness and cockiness. Didn't know he'd been kicked off the UGa team for stealing and cheating, and then almost kicked off the Augusta State team. There's a lot of reasons to dislike Patrick. Golfers just don't cheat ... probably the only sport where participants don't try to get away with things.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 05:59 PM
McIlroy in his interview was a bit cocky himself. Remember the Ryder Cup a few years ago when they were going back and forth? Tomorrow might be quite interesting. That's almost like pairing Tiger and Sergio.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Was it you who asked yesterday why I was hating on Patrick? That article sums it up, and I only knew about his brashness and cockiness. Didn't know he'd been kicked off the UGa team for stealing and cheating, and then almost kicked off the Augusta State team. There's a lot of reasons to dislike Patrick. Golfers just don't cheat ... probably the only sport where participants don't try to get away with things.

if you go back, I told you I stand corrected. I had no idea about the guy until you shared a comment he made once and I agreed with you. that's why I went and found this article.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 06:25 PM
if you go back, I told you I stand corrected. I had no idea about the guy until you shared a comment he made once and I agreed with you. that's why I went and found this article.

Oh yeah, I know. I wasn't challenging you. I'm glad you did the research though ... sounds like he's a lot worse than I thought. Basically, he just seems like a prick, and is sort of soft and pudgy to boot relative to most of the other players. He'd make a good OM alum ... **

Bully13
04-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah, I know. I wasn't challenging you. I'm glad you did the research though ... sounds like he's a lot worse than I thought. Basically, he just seems like a prick, and is sort of soft and pudgy to boot relative to most of the other players. He'd make a good OM alum ... **

LOL on the OM alum part. kinda ashamed though he's from the state I happen to live in these days .

oh, and I don't really care for the shit that goes on in the Ryder Cup and that other international event between the players and fans. I'm with you on sportsmanship in golf. it's supposed to , and always has separated itself from the rest of the sporting world in that regard. I'm all about slam dunks, bench clearing brawls in baseball, baseball coaches getting run, spiking the football in the end zone, basketball coaches taking off their jackets and loosening their ties, and John McEnroe trashing a line judge.

But golf, no sir. I just don't like the excessive fist pumps. that's why I don't like Tiger, Furyk, and others that are too excessive with it. I remember a tourney I really enjoyed watching back in the late 90's where Furyk and Tom Watson were notted up on the final hole and
Furyk was in the middle of the fairway and took forever to decide on his shot and what club to use. the camera kept going back to Watson's face and he had the most hilarious WTF expression on his face. what made it even more funnier is that Watson is old enough to be Furyk's dad. I forget exactly where Furyk's 2nd shot landed but Watson's landed in the green side bunker.

Watson stepped into the bunker and literally took 10 seconds to take the shot and land it inches from the hole. Furyk 3 putted. Watson won. I liked it.

I like the Greg Normans and Fred Couples of the world along with Watson, Niclaus, and Trevino & Palmer.

Oh, and 17 that golfer who trashed Arnold Palmer for playing too slow at the Masters. he's a fat assed bitch too.

Pit Bull
04-07-2018, 07:45 PM
Going out on a limb ... Reed will win. He just chipped in for an eagle. Now -15.

Reed played really well today, but for some reason, I think McIlroy is gonna overtake him on Sunday. Should be an interesting round.

RocketDawg
04-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Reed played really well today, but for some reason, I think McIlroy is gonna overtake him on Sunday. Should be an interesting round.

I'm changing my mind now. I think McIlroy is focused. Should be an interesting last pairing regardless of who wins.

Bully13
04-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Mark Calcavechia is the fat assed bitch's name I could not remember. he slammed Palmer who was in his 80's playing the Masters for playing too slow. I hate that kinda shit