PDA

View Full Version : The rebel faithful are starting to question Freeze already.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 03:10 PM
After glancing at a few message boards and looking at twitter, it appears that many of the Rebel's are starting to realize that Freeze may not be everything they thought he was. The funny part is that they were truly expecting this group of freshmen to come in and dominate in year one. They are so damn delusional it is seriously amazing. I was wrong on the Auburn game, and glad I was, but ole miss fans truly think Freeze is failing because he lost to Bama and Auburn.

I saw a post on one of their boards saying "if freeze doesn't win 8-9 games by next year, it is time to look elsewhere."

Unreal.

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 03:13 PM
They will be cheering from the mountain tops come February. This Rebel team will probably win 7 games this year. I think TAMU and LSU beat them soundly over the next two weeks, but then they have some manageable games at home. The LSU offense we saw last night will ass-rape the Rebel secondary. They always believe that they can beat LSU, but they can't stop LSU. Manziel, see previous sentence.

bully99
10-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Every damn fanbase is delusional. Even the ones that win.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 03:36 PM

From 7-6 to 13-0 delusional though?

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Exactly. They have other worldly delusion

Jacksondevildog
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Agreed, but they take it to another level. They thought that they had arrived when they landed Conner, Nkemdiche and Tredwell. They thought they were going to be able to compete with the big boys instantly and they are being humbled right now. Manziel will light them up Saturday night and they will bitch even more. TAMU won't turn it over 6 times this year.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 03:50 PM
we're two weeks away from "Freeze can't beat the Big 3". it's going to be fun.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I've had numerous BearShark fans tell me thru convo or twitter they expect Freezus to win a NC by the end of his 4th year. And they were serious. You can't argue with that kind of delusion.

Just wait till they go on probation- 97% of their fanbase is still convinced that is not going to happen either

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I've had numerous BearShark fans tell me thru convo or twitter they expect Freezus to win a NC by the end of his 4th year. And they were serious. You can't argue with that kind of delusion.

Just wait till they go on probation- 97% of their fanbase is still convinced that is not going to happen either

97% of ours is convinced it isn't either

blacklistedbully
10-06-2013, 04:23 PM

Coach, with our luck and theirs, OM will be just on the brink of the death penalty for major violations when the NCAA folds, thus allowing OM to escape judgement.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Coach, with our luck and theirs, OM will be just on the brink of the death penalty for major violations when the NCAA folds, thus allowing OM to escape judgement.

The NCAA isnt going anywhere for awhile- and that letter the BearSharks got has woken their higher-ups ass up

Drugdog
10-06-2013, 04:38 PM
C34,
What letter?

Coach34
10-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Owner of TideInsider reported it first and now some chatter leaking out all over about OM receiving a letter from the NCAA telling them to stop their shenanigans or the penalties they have coming are going to be much more severe (lack of institutional control was supposedly threatened). The NCAA is still investigating them but were continuing to get more schools turning them in.

Brahmabull
10-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I was told the letter basically told them to stop cheating outside MS. The Slive rule. First time UM or any other school had ever seen a letter like that.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Owner of TideInsider reported it first and now some chatter leaking out all over about OM receiving a letter from the NCAA telling them to stop their shenanigans or the penalties they have coming are going to be much more severe (lack of institutional control was supposedly threatened). The NCAA is still investigating them but were continuing to get more schools turning them in.

So they got a warning? What the ****?

They will get no penalty over CJ, or any of this past year's recruiting class. It's kinda like picking Mullen to beat a ranked opponent....I'll believe it when I see it, and until then I sure as hell ain't predicting it.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 05:14 PM
I was told the letter basically told them to stop cheating outside MS. The Slive rule. First time UM or any other school had ever seen a letter like that.

Inside Mississippi, however- cheat your ass off.

Sincerely,

The NCAA

Coach34
10-06-2013, 05:15 PM
So they got a warning? What the ****?

Warned penalties would be worse- there's a big difference. Letter let them know sanctions were coming in some sort of fashion

TheRef
10-06-2013, 05:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/saul.gif

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Warned penalties would be worse- there's a big difference. Letter let them know sanctions were coming in some sort of fashion

That makes sense when you think about it. If you know as a school that you are likely to get busted, you might as well cheat your ass off as much as possible so that you can avoid repeat offender status. Looks like the NCAA is trying to nip that in the bud with Ole Miss- which is curious because it makes me kind of wonder what is going on right now that they would be forced to send a letter?

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Ole miss fans dream too big... State fans fail to dream at all.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 05:23 PM
That makes sense when you think about it. If you know as a school that you are likely to get busted, you might as well cheat your ass off as much as possible so that you can avoid repeat offender status. Looks like the NCAA is trying to nip that in the bud with Ole Miss- which is curious because it makes me kind of wonder what is going on right now that they would be forced to send a letter?

Because the NCAA is investigating old shit- but schools are still turning them in constantly for this coming year's class- the NCAA is telling them to slow their roll

Coach34
10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Ole miss fans dream too big... State fans fail to dream at all.

Dreaming for something you can never attain is a waste of thought and energy....I can dream about banging Sofia Vergara all I want- doesnt mean it has a prayer of happening

Marooned
10-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Could this be the reason CJ isn't playing? Freeze has given no definite answer on why but the Bears all think it's his ankle still

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 08:03 PM
moultrie ankle?

Jack Lambert
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Missouri will beat them as well

Jack Lambert
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Dreaming for something you can never attain is a waste of thought and energy....I can dream about banging Sofia Vergara all I want- doesnt mean it has a prayer of happening

I totally agree. We can dream of winning the SEC but under the current state of the SEC it will not happen in fact we will no win the West no matter who is the coach.

Coach34
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Missouri will beat them as well

I dont know if they can- but that game shirley looks a whole lot more interesting now

Jack Lambert
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Ole Miss just isn't that good and Missouri has a very good coach and they just man handle Vandy a team that ole miss got lucky in beating.

hacker
10-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Missouri looks a lot better than last year, but Ole Miss has them at home. I think it'll be close.

MemphisDawg
10-06-2013, 10:45 PM
But back to ReBear fans over reacting. I mean that's what EVERY teams fan base does after a loss.

My ole miss buddies expected the Bama loss but hoped to pull it off. That loss didn't do too Much to them. This loss brought them down to earth. The guys I know were predicting 8-4 before season and calling losses as Texas Bama 1 of Auburn/Arky and 1 of LSU/A&M

At this point I don't see them hanging with LSU/A&M and even Mizzo could give them a real issue.

My main question is is Auburn better than we all thought?

oldjoedawg
10-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Auburn is a team that is getting better each week...QB improving rapidly....
But back to ReBear fans over reacting. I mean that's what EVERY teams fan base does after a loss.

My ole miss buddies expected the Bama loss but hoped to pull it off. That loss didn't do too Much to them. This loss brought them down to earth. The guys I know were predicting 8-4 before season and calling losses as Texas Bama 1 of Auburn/Arky and 1 of LSU/A&M

At this point I don't see them hanging with LSU/A&M and even Mizzo could give them a real issue.

My main question is is Auburn better than we all thought?

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 11:46 PM
We've won the west before. When did it become impossible? It's amazing how people give up or resign themselves.

cheewgumm
10-06-2013, 11:48 PM
In fact why are we event watching? For what? 5th place west finish?

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 09:54 AM
If I recall correctly, didn't Orgeron have a number of pretty highly rated classes come in? I think Freeze has got to be a better coach than that, but still recruits don't equal wins. Look at Kentucky's basketball team last year. Look at Southern Cal right now. I think Freeze is a good motivator, which is a major part of the job, but his game management may be lacking. I don't watch a ton of UM games but from the ones I've seen that appears to be the case.

Barking 13
10-07-2013, 12:44 PM

I'd trade you my Kate Upton for Sophie if we could beat Bama....:cool:

BhamDawg
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
but still recruits don't equal wins.

Manny Diaz disagrees**

Coach34
10-07-2013, 01:13 PM
We've won the west before. When did it become impossible? .

We won the West because Alabama, Auburn, and LSU were down- plain and simple- shit we went 8-3 the year we won the West- you cant lose more than 1 game and win it now. We have had 2 or more SEC losses every season when there has been 8 SEC games played. Now there is talk of going to a 9 game schedule.

1998 SEC West standings:

State 8-5....6-2
UPig 9-3.....6-2
Alabama 7-5.....4-4
Ole Miss 7-5....3-5
LSU 4-7....2-6
Auburn 3-8....1-7

At some point reality has to set in- it's been 51 years- longer than you and I have been alive- since someone outside of the "Big 6" has won the SEC.

Steve Spurrier has been at SC 9 years now and he cant win the SEC- and he plays on the easier side of the conference- and he is one of the best coaches in SEC history.
A&M had the Heisman winner, a 1st round draft pick with 5 picks combined, and one of the best offenses in the nation- and they STILL lost 2 SEC games.

We have to be happy with a program winning 6-8 game in this conference- and hope once every 10 years we can put together a group that can get 10 wins

mic
10-07-2013, 01:37 PM
We won the West because Alabama, Auburn, and LSU were down- plain and simple- shit we went 8-3 the year we won the West- you cant lose more than 1 game and win it now. We have had 2 or more SEC losses every season when there has been 8 SEC games played. Now there is talk of going to a 9 game schedule.

1998 SEC West standings:

State 8-5....6-2
UPig 9-3.....6-2
Alabama 7-5.....4-4
Ole Miss 7-5....3-5
LSU 4-7....2-6
Auburn 3-8....1-7

At some point reality has to set in- it's been 51 years- longer than you and I have been alive- since someone outside of the "Big 6" has won the SEC.

Steve Spurrier has been at SC 9 years now and he cant win the SEC- and he plays on the easier side of the conference- and he is one of the best coaches in SEC history.
A&M had the Heisman winner, a 1st round draft pick with 5 picks combined, and one of the best offenses in the nation- and they STILL lost 2 SEC games.

We have to be happy with a program winning 6-8 game in this conference- and hope once every 10 years we can put together a group that can get 10 wins

8-4 / 9-3
win a game or 2 a year every other year ur not suppose to
be competitive in the loses
beat the Rebs more times than they beat you (always beat them at DWS)
and like coach34 said have that one magical year once every decade or so

I will take it every year all day long....

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
8-4 / 9-3
win a game or 2 a year every other year ur not suppose to
be competitive in the loses
beat the Rebs more times than they beat you (always beat them at DWS)
and like coach34 said have that one magical year once every decade or so

I will take it every year all day long....

Bingo

Negative Waves
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
What the idiots calling for Mullen's head don't realize is that beating the big boys is a rare thing at State unless they are down. Croom built a consistently bad team and lucked up and got a 7-5 season. Mullen is building a consistently decent team that goes bowling just about every year, and we hope to luck up and get a 10-win season sometime in his tenure.

MarketingBully01
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Until Saban retires, we won't win the west. In fact, you could say the Saban effect has killed teams like us, Arkansas, and Ole Miss's chances of winning the West. He single handedly built up two already big giants. Before he got to LSU, they were shit. Same at Alabama. He brought the conference to where it is today with a win at all cost attitude. Personally, I don't think he coaches too much longer. He is wound too up tight to coach 20+ years and he doesn't even seem like he enjoys himself out there.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Kind of hard to walk away from six million a year and being able to make your own call on everything.

sandwolf
10-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Personally, I don't think he coaches too much longer. He is wound too up tight to coach 20+ years and he doesn't even seem like he enjoys himself out there.

I sure do hope you are right, but I get the feeling that he will coach until he dies. I just cannot picture that guy retiring.....hell, I can't even picture him kicking his feet up and relaxing.

dawgs
10-09-2013, 01:11 AM
I dont know if they can- but that game shirley looks a whole lot more interesting now

don't know if they can? for ole miss, that game is a straight toss up at best right now.