PDA

View Full Version : Our baseball team should resemble....

Pit Bull
04-04-2018, 02:32 AM
....the kind of physique and power that the California Angels have. When you look at their power hitting section and up and down the lineup, they look like a football team. I mean.....take a look at Mike Trout and Albert Pujols. Both of those guys would look good in our D-line. And they have a new Japan League pitcher named Ohtani.....dude was touching 100 mph on several occasions and operated mostly in the upper 90's. And get this....they said he was a good hitter in the Japan League. Well.....he gets up his first at bat in MLB and blasts a 3 run bomb!! With him in the lineup, you can't pitch around anybody in the Angels lineup without the risk of giving up some taters! That's what I want MSU baseball to get back to......a series of power hitters every year that you cannot pitch around without one of them hurting you. 4-5 Trout/Pujols type hitters in the 2 through 6 order. BTW....this Ohtani guy from Japan can't speak any English and he's got superstar written all over him. Will bear watching his progress.

Todd4State
04-04-2018, 03:09 AM
The Angels have to be one of the most irresponsible organizations in MLB. See Albert Pujols's contract. There's a reason why they have only been to the playoffs once since 2010.

You can't compare a MLB team to a college team. Albert Pujols in MLB right now at this moment would be about the equivalent of a JUCO DH in the SEC relatively speaking.

We need more projectable corner infield and outfield players and we need to stop relying on the JUCO's to produce those for us. MacNamee and Vansau are not small- I believe both are listed at over 6'2" and I think Vansau is listed at 6'3"-6'4"- but both have smaller frames compared to say a Brent Rooker. Smaller frames typically mean less power unless you are able to produce freakish bat speed but that's definitely the exception. The players that are freshmen now should bulk up over the course of their careers too- hopefully we'll have a new S&C coach to go along with everything else. Hatcher, Foscue, and Jordan Anderson have the ability to add some muscle and I think will be good power hitters for us by the time they are juniors.

BuckyIsAB****
04-04-2018, 05:22 AM
More Cody Browns and less elih marreos or however you spell his name

louisvilledawg
04-04-2018, 08:37 AM
More Cody Browns and less elih marreos or however you spell his name

More Cody Browns with the frame of Cole Gordon.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2018, 08:41 AM
The Angels have to be one of the most irresponsible organizations in MLB. See Albert Pujols's contract. There's a reason why they have only been to the playoffs once since 2010.

You can't compare a MLB team to a college team. Albert Pujols in MLB right now at this moment would be about the equivalent of a JUCO DH in the SEC relatively speaking.

We need more projectable corner infield and outfield players and we need to stop relying on the JUCO's to produce those for us. MacNamee and Vansau are not small- I believe both are listed at over 6'2" and I think Vansau is listed at 6'3"-6'4"- but both have smaller frames compared to say a Brent Rooker. Smaller frames typically mean less power unless you are able to produce freakish bat speed but that's definitely the exception. The players that are freshmen now should bulk up over the course of their careers too- hopefully we'll have a new S&C coach to go along with everything else. Hatcher, Foscue, and Jordan Anderson have the ability to add some muscle and I think will be good power hitters for us by the time they are juniors.

This.

Cooterpoot
04-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Pujols drove in 101 runs last year. I'd take that juco DH, even with his .240 average this season.

HoopsDawg
04-04-2018, 09:26 AM

I think Dan McDonnell has signed 1 JUCO the past 5 years. Just sayin.

Cooterpoot
04-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Juco's are good for bullpen help and position depth. Occasionally a stud that fell through the cracks or transferred in.

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Juco's are good for bullpen help and position depth. Occasionally a stud that fell through the cracks or transferred in.

Juco's can go in the MLB draft so if they are that good then they are probably going MLB. You might see some guys like Lowe or Pirtle slip through just because they might not project well. Juco baseball doesn't equal Juco football.

BuckyIsAB****
04-04-2018, 10:12 AM
More Cody Browns with the frame of Cole Gordon.

Thats the guys that go in the first round. We've had plenty of those committed

Bully13
04-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Do any of the Angels players have any eligibility left? Does Cohen have any of their phone #'s ?

Tbonewannabe
04-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Do any of the Angels players have any eligibility left? Does Cohen have any of their phone #'s ?

Can we get Trout, Harper, and Judge roaming the outfield next year? I would settle for Stanton.

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:47 AM
It seems we have been saying the same thing for years.. will this ever change..polk.. Cohen.. cann...

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 11:28 AM
So..