PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Shrader Commits to MSU

ShotgunDawg
04-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Huge commit.

Currently a 3 star but as a future 92-94 rating written all over him.

Should contend with Key as the highest rated QB MSU has ever signed before it's over.

Moorhead can croot boys. Great sign of future things to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofoOIynQ3AI

Commercecomet24
04-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Huge get! JoMo is gonna be a totally different recruiting than previous staffs.

MetEdDawg
04-03-2018, 02:08 PM
I'm shocked at this honestly. I knew we had a chance, but I thought in the end SC would win out. And I didn't expect this today. This is a huge get for Moorhead. And it should point out that we are not playing around anymore in recruiting.

msstate7
04-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Very nice. Great job, staff

msstate7
04-03-2018, 02:11 PM
I'm shocked at this honestly. I knew we had a chance, but I thought in the end SC would win out. And I didn't expect this today. This is a huge get for Moorhead. And it should point out that we are not playing around anymore in recruiting.

Surprised also

Cooterpoot
04-03-2018, 02:14 PM
I'm a little shocked. I've got a few friends at SC and they thought it was a done deal their way a few weeks ago.

BulldogDX55
04-03-2018, 02:15 PM
I figured he was ours when he was quoted in a recent interview as saying that the bar is set higher here than it is at USC. No competitive kid is going to go where there is a lower bar.

RougeDawg
04-03-2018, 02:27 PM

I think you mean we aren?t sitting on our asses and actually recruiting. The CC problems have moved on to the Swamp.

Dawg61
04-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Nice!! Go JoMo!!

Dawgface
04-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Very nice. Hope many more will follow.....

NCDawg
04-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Tremendous job by Coach Moorhead. Sign of good things to come.

TrapGame
04-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Damn!

That's some nice film.

Bothrops
04-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Wow this is awesome. Great job to JoMo and staff!!

Bully13
04-03-2018, 02:38 PM
BOOM!!!!

04-03-2018, 02:41 PM
I hope he stays a quiet 3 star, will be easier for us to close the deal

I really do hope JoMo is the next Chip Kelly but until I see it happen it's hard for me to believe we'll actually sign a guy that the big boys truly want

Bully13
04-03-2018, 02:41 PM
one thing I'd like to know is how does a QB with all those blue blood offers come out as a .87?

ShotgunDawg
04-03-2018, 02:46 PM

I really do hope JoMo is the next Chip Kelly but until I see it happen it's hard for me to believe we'll actually sign a guy that the big boys truly want

Kind of a losers mentality here chief

04-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Kind of a losers mentality here chief
Mississippi State REALITY, squaw

ShotgunDawg
04-03-2018, 02:50 PM

I disagree

Ifyouonlyknew
04-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Shouldn't be worried about this 1.

MetEdDawg
04-03-2018, 02:52 PM

Yeah we should never ever hope for this.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2018, 02:56 PM

Welcome to the board Dan.

TrapGame
04-03-2018, 03:00 PM

There's a new sheriff in town. Mullen used our own insecurities against us because he's a lazy, self absorbed prick who thinks he invented football.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2018, 03:02 PM
There's a new sheriff in town. Mullen used our own insecurities against us because he's a lazy, self absorbed prick who thinks he invented football.

Right on, Trap! 100% accurate!

somebodyshotmypaw
04-03-2018, 03:14 PM

The big boys truly wanted Jeffrey Simmons, Jamal Peters, and Chris Jones. They came to MSU.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2018, 03:20 PM
The big boys truly wanted Jeffrey Simmons, Jamal Peters, and Chris Jones. They came to MSU.

You are correct, Sir! And there are others to add to that list as well and they all came to State!

Jarius
04-03-2018, 03:25 PM

Basically. We excused his recruiting ability because he was able to win football games without recruiting at a high level. If he put the correct amount of effort into recruiting (or just didn't have an asshole attitude that turned people off), he would have won a lot more games and had a statue built out front of DWS.

msstate7
04-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Basically. We excused his recruiting ability because he was able to win football games without recruiting at a high level. If he put the correct amount of effort into recruiting (or just didn't have an asshole attitude that turned people off), he would have won a lot more games and had a statue built out front of DWS.

The consensus here is that we have a team capable of winning the west. Just wondering how that happened if Mullen cannot recruit.

ETA... I definitely think we can recruit at a higher level, but I think Mullen gets a bad rep as a recruiter. He is no where even close to an elite recruiter, but he is better than avg for sure at building a team.

bostondawg
04-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Is that you Hevesy?

Coach34
04-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Guidry, Abram, and others say hello. We've done it at every other position except QB

Coach34
04-03-2018, 04:02 PM
The consensus here is that we have a team capable of winning the west. Just wondering how that happened if Mullen cannot recruit.

ETA... I definitely think we can recruit at a higher level, but I think Mullen gets a bad rep as a recruiter. He is no where even close to an elite recruiter, but he is better than avg for sure at building a team.

Mullen is good at getting developmental guys- he is not good at getting highly-rated ready to play freshmen

Dildoes
04-03-2018, 04:14 PM

The incoming “talent” level of each class that makes up next year’s team is notably a step or two below the Bama’s of the world. So, that means we’re talking about a large number of our players either being grossly underrated coming in, developmental stars, or some combination of the two. Now, you can argue that Mullen saw these characteristics in the players he brought in, but I would say there’s a certain amount of luck involved when you rely moreso on developmental/diamond type players vs sheer talent. It’s certainly easier to maintain consistent success when relying on the latter.

Regardless, it cannot be overstated how full Mullen left the cupboard for Joe. That was what shocked me the most about him leaving, but there’s a saying about striking while the iron is hot.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-03-2018, 04:24 PM
QUIK STATS:

Charlotte Christian School, Charlotte, NC
6' 4.5" 200#
40/4.65
Class of 2019
Two year starter 2016 & 2017
66% passing ratio
Passing (career)
PAATT 548 PACMP 362 PAYDS 4,866
PATD 53 INT 10
Rushing
RUATT 177
RUYDS 1,406
RUAVG 7.9

Commercecomet24
04-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Shrader looks like a more polished version of Fitz, although I believe Fitz is faster.

dawgs
04-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Dan is great at talent evaluation and development. He can find guys that have sec talent or at least an sec skill or 2, but need to be polished for a year or 2 before we see it. Problem is that when you overly rely on those type of guys, there’s a lot of potholes to derail a career between signing day and being ready to contribute. It always felt like Dan relied too heavily on those guys and didn’t chase the top tier crooks who could come in and play right away unless they basically came to us and/or grew up in the shadow of the stadium. Those diamonds in the rough will still be there later in the cycle if we miss out on our top tier targets, but we need to take more shots at the top tier targets than we did under Dan.

mparkerfd20
04-03-2018, 04:56 PM
3 star my ASS!!! That kid is legit!

RougeDawg
04-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Is that you Hevesy?

Possible. They do usually have free Wi-Fi in donut shops.

msbulldog
04-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the Bulldawg family, Garrett! We will all be proud to see you in Maroon and White! Make us proud, Hail State!

Bully13
04-03-2018, 06:08 PM
3 star my ASS!!! That kid is legit!

that's not what I'm understanding. how can a Qb with all these blue blood offers be a .87? maybe cuz he'll need 2 years of development before he's ready? or maybe all those tackles he was breaking were white guys he was running thru? in all honesty, there was a lot of whiteness on those videos. LOL.

Bulldog1
04-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Big commitment. Joe and staff doing work!

ShotgunDawg
04-03-2018, 06:24 PM
that's not what I'm understanding. how can a Qb with all these blue blood offers be a .87? maybe cuz he'll need 2 years of development before he's ready? or maybe all those tackles he was breaking were white guys he was running thru? in all honesty, there was a lot of whiteness on those videos. LOL.

After the Summer, I’d be shocked if he isn’t a 90 plus. He should be 92-94

Coach34
04-03-2018, 06:25 PM
He's a 4-star QB- thats all that matters

TrapGame
04-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Yep, if Dan had followed his own maximum effort, strain bullshit we'd have won a natty in 2014 and recruiting would have been on another level.

Todd4State
04-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Dan's recruiting is over gentlemen! Get ready to reach our potential in recruiting. I'm excited about getting Schrader.

BuckyIsAB****
04-03-2018, 09:05 PM

We've signed kids with Bama, LSU whoever you want offers. And that was under Mullen.

Dont be that guy brohan

BuckyIsAB****
04-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Simmons, Sweat, Rivers, Guidry, Abram, and others say hello. We've done it at every other position except QB

Jaylen Mayden and Key were heavily recruited.

LSU wanted Dak

Goldendawg
04-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Name a few OT's we out recruited bama, LSU, Au, etc the last 9 years. I'll wait.**

Pit Bull
04-03-2018, 09:55 PM
What year is this kid coming? Don't know much about him, but I have seen footage of our 4 star QB from Texas (Mayden?) and he is unreal. I think Mayden comes in next year. Man....just think....got Key, Mayden, and now Shraeder. That is 3 very good QBs.....all much higher rated than Fitz was. We have raised the bar!!! You can bet Mullen will try to steal him by giving him some BS about his living experience in Starkvegas.

Ari Gold
04-03-2018, 10:04 PM

There will be more out of state 4 stars on the way...

Todd4State
04-03-2018, 10:11 PM
There will be more out of state 4 stars on the way...

I am convinced we will sign a four star RB and probably WR and then a DE/LB probably as well at the very least this year.

Pollodawg
04-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Dare......Dare we hope that our new head man will do his job on the recruiting trail and not just let his homies draw a pay check?

Dallas_Dawg
04-03-2018, 11:07 PM
It looks like QB recruiting is staying on that upward trajectory just like our head coaches.. Nothing more, nothing less. We should be thrilled to go Croom > Mullen > Moorhead.

preachermatt83
04-03-2018, 11:10 PM
I heard something about a rb recruit out of California we are on heavy. Who would that be?

Todd4State
04-03-2018, 11:53 PM
It looks like QB recruiting is staying on that upward trajectory just like our head coaches.. Nothing more, nothing less. We should be thrilled to go Croom > Mullen > Moorhead.

The way you wrote that made it look like you are saying that Croom is better than Dan or Joe! LOL!

Todd4State
04-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Name a few OT's we out recruited bama, LSU, Au, etc the last 9 years. I'll wait.**

If you look at our recruiting under Dan MOST of the time when we beat our Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss when they were going nuts with Chris Jones- it's with players on the defensive side of the ball. Obviously there are a few exceptions here and there like Dolla Bill and Fred Ross but it's pretty clear that the defensive staff- non-country club- group was carrying most of the weight. And even a guy like Ross was brought in by Keonning I believe if I remember correctly.

BiscuitEater
04-04-2018, 04:10 AM
I'm shocked at this honestly. I knew we had a chance, but I thought in the end SC would win out. And I didn't expect this today.

Had 19 offers from Bama, Ark, Fl, Miz, OM, UT, Vandy, USC, Neb, NC, WV, Penn State, ++. Narrowed down to MSU, USCe, & Penn St. Picked MSU & quoted something to the effect .. "chose MSU cause they set the bar higher"

SPEAKS Volumes.

BiscuitEater
04-04-2018, 04:15 AM
Shrader looks like a more polished version of Fitz, although I believe Fitz is faster.

Has the body to fill out like Fitz. May not be as fast as Fitz BUT is way better passer due to system he runs. Has his SR HS year to continue to improve! Dad, Fitz, Key, Mayden ... Shrader MSU line of QBs have NEVER been better!

Bully13
04-04-2018, 06:07 AM
can't believe we have a team that will have Key, Mayden & Shrader. ballsy move by the youngster to join us with a team that already has Key & Mayden. shows tons of confidence on his part.

msbulldog
04-04-2018, 06:15 AM

Private school.

FISHDAWG
04-04-2018, 08:03 AM
What year is this kid coming? Don't know much about him, but I have seen footage of our 4 star QB from Texas (Mayden?) and he is unreal. I think Mayden comes in next year. Man....just think....got Key, Mayden, and now Shraeder. That is 3 very good QBs.....all much higher rated than Fitz was. We have raised the bar!!! You can bet Mullen will try to steal him by giving him some BS about his living experience in Starkvegas.

doesn't yet mean they are better than Fitz (not saying they wont perform better or that they don't have more talent / capability) ......but recruiting sites and stars can't measure the heart, and Fitz has grits in that area

jacksondawg
04-04-2018, 12:59 PM
I heard something about a rb recruit out of California we are on heavy. Who would that be?
I think that is Sean Dollars

preachermatt83
04-04-2018, 01:11 PM
I think that is Sean Dollars

Tnx.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-05-2018, 08:23 AM
please tell me his first name is Levi

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Big get... impressive job JoMo

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z_s_S0oEZI

BeardoMSU
04-05-2018, 11:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z_s_S0oEZI

"Freak Show"?.....As Apollo says, it's all in the name...sounds like a damn monsta movie.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkua3IHs5E