PDA

View Full Version : Vic and MSU

drummerdawg
04-03-2018, 10:09 AM
I've read a lot of posts (not just here) the last couple of days about Vic leaving. I've also read a lot of posts stating how far back we'd fall when he does leave.

If we can assume that he would leave us for A&M, shouldn't we assume Matthew Mitchell would leave Kentucky for us? I haven't seen anybody mention it but that would be a great replacement if and when the time comes that Vic does decide to leave.

His resume:

He's from Louisville Mississippi.

An MSU Alumn

Coached high school basketball in Mississippi.

Spent a year under Pat Summitt.

Been the head coach at Kentucky for the past 11 years.

Has a 256?117 (.686) record at UK and is 108?64 (.628) in the SEC.

8 NCAAT Appearances

3 Elite 8 Finishes

2 Sweet 16 Finishes

Never lost in the 1st round in post season.

2x SEC Coach of the Year

Just something to think about. I don't claim to know his situation, nor Vic's for that matter and this may not even be a possibility, but maybe life after Vic won't be as bad as some might think? Would think this guy would continue the tradition of dominating in-state recruiting.

wrapit
04-03-2018, 10:28 AM
What makes you think the KY coach can win big here if hasn't done it at KY?
I would think a Vic disciple (assistant coach on team now?) would carry on the Vic way of doing things, i.e., great recruiting and a top 10 team.

The KY coach, per your research, does seem to be a fine replacement if the admin wants to bring in new blood. Plus I like that he is from Miss.

Bothrops
04-03-2018, 10:33 AM
If Vic leaves, it may as well be 1973.

Cooterpoot
04-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Vic's not leaving anytime soon.

BiochemDawg
04-03-2018, 11:31 AM
From what I’ve heard (take that as you will), we are willing to pay Vic whatever it takes to keep him. Vic has also thrown that number out to the administration. In the event that he does leave, Johnnie Harris would be first choice for a replacement.

Again, don’t take this as the gospel. Just what I’m hearing from a few folks in the athletic department.

yjnkdawg
04-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Why do we continually have these types of threads. We had a great season, but no, now these "what if" threads. I don't believe Coach Schaefer has said anything remotely that he is thinking about leaving MSU. However, if that does come up in the future, I trust in John Cohen.

yjnkdawg
04-03-2018, 11:47 AM
From what I?ve heard (take that as you will), we are willing to pay Vic whatever it takes to keep him. Vic has also thrown that number out to the administration. In the event that he does leave, Johnnie Harris would be first choice for a replacement.

Again, don?t take this as the gospel. Just what I?m hearing from a few folks in the athletic department.

Cohen has already said that money would not be a factor.

sleepy dawg
04-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Why do we continually have these types of threads. We had a great season, but no, now these "what if" threads. I don't believe Coach Schaefer has said anything remotely that he is thinking about leaving MSU. However, if that does come up in the future, I trust in John Cohen.

Can we just pin this post? It's like our fans want our best coaches to leave just so they can be pissed about something. Schaefer has given absolutely no reason for anyone to think he is going anywhere. We heard this every year for 9 years with Mullen. Eventually, there was actual reason to talk about w/ Mullen b/c he did give indications he might want out. This has not been the case w/ Schaefer. I suspect we'll hear the same sh*t about Morhead when we have a good season this year. Is it that f*cking crazy to think that a coach can be good at MSU and not want to leave first chance he gets? Will they leave eventually, probably so. But why spend their entire tenure here freaking out about the negative. Take time to enjoy the great memories they help us achieve.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Can we just pin this post? It's like our fans want our best coaches to leave just so they can be pissed about something. Schaefer has given absolutely no reason for anyone to think he is going anywhere. We heard this every year for 9 years with Mullen. Eventually, there was actual reason to talk about w/ Mullen b/c he did give indications he might want out. This has not been the case w/ Schaefer. I suspect we'll hear the same sh*t about Morhead when we have a good season this year. Is it that f*cking crazy to think that a coach can be good at MSU and not want to leave first chance he gets? Will they leave eventually, probably so. But why spend their entire tenure here freaking out about the negative. Take time to enjoy the great memories they help us achieve.

Right on, Great Post!

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:18 AM
I sure hope none of these posters find out Vic is in Texas today...

LC Dawg
04-05-2018, 10:32 AM
I sure hope none of these posters find out Vic is in Texas today...
Haha! I had that same thought when I saw the picture of him and Logan turkey hunting.