PDA

View Full Version : For those that watched the game on TV...

missouridawg
10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
LSU was driving to end the first half. They had a 3rd and 8 from the 22 and threw to Jarvis Landry. My seats were on that end of the field looking directly down the goal line.

I could've swore they spotted the ball after the catch short of the first down, but the refs called it a first down. Was this discussed on TV any and did it appear that they spotted the ball far enough down that it was actually a first down? Me and a non-MSU fan friend (he's a Colorado grad) couldn't believe they gave them the first down there without measuring.

blacklistedbully
10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
LSU was driving to end the first half. They had a 3rd and 8 from the 22 and threw to Jarvis Landry. My seats were on that end of the field looking directly down the goal line.

I could've swore they spotted the ball after the catch short of the first down, but the refs called it a first down. Was this discussed on TV any and did it appear that they spotted the ball far enough down that it was actually a first down? Me and a non-MSU fan friend (he's a Colorado grad) couldn't believe they gave them the first down there without measuring.

I did notice that. A line judge initially had them short, then moved a step closer to the goal line before the other official spotted the ball. They also completed ignored an obvious hold on LSU's first TD. I beleive it was Ryan Brown who was in great position to tackle Hilliard for a loss as Hillard tried to catch the edge. Brown looked like he had shed his blocker when the blocker grabbed him and literally pulled him backward, right out in the open. No call.

Another time, Prescott was hit hard, helmet-to-helmet with a ref standing right there looking, and nothing called. Should have been called and the LSU player ejected.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
The LJ along the east sideline spotted it short of the yellow TV line. However the Umpire looked west and spotted it on the yellow line. The west side LJ wasnt in the picture. But yeah, the TV guys briefly commented about not measuring.