PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News - Way-to-Early Top 25 Basketball

Big4Dawg
04-02-2018, 03:08 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-top-25-rankings-2018-2019-kentucky-duke-kansas-villanova-nba-draft/699qbsghlgh01sfheywp060ox

21. Mississippi State Bulldogs
Ben Howland?s team won 25 games this year without an impact senior, and the Bulldogs have the No. 9 recruiting class coming in for next season. If everyone comes back, this will be one of the SEC?s best squads.

Brothers Quinndary and Nick Weatherspoon combined to average 24 points per game, and big man Aric Holman averaged 10.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.8 blocks. The incoming class includes one 5-star big man (Reggie Perry) and a couple of 4-star recruits (Robert Woodard and D.J. Stewart).

Let's get this train going.

Turfdawg67
04-02-2018, 03:22 PM
I saw where Antoine Walker picked us 3rd in the SEC behind UK and UT.

Bulldog1
04-02-2018, 03:31 PM
I saw where Antoine Walker picked us 3rd in the SEC behind UK and UT.

I saw where Schofield is testing the waters. Will definitely hurt them if he goes.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I have a mantra when it comes to basketball. I never form any real expectations for a season till I see that season's team on the floor against a couple of decent opponents. We should be better, but that doesn't mean we will be.

Dawg61
04-02-2018, 06:00 PM
I saw where Schofield is testing the waters. Will definitely hurt them if he goes.

Please let the Admiral leave, that'd be a huge loss for them

MedDawg
04-03-2018, 11:07 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-top-25-rankings-2018-2019-kentucky-duke-kansas-villanova-nba-draft/699qbsghlgh01sfheywp060ox

Let's get this train going.

I'm still not used to expecting incoming freshman contributing, but of course college basketball is full of star freshmen. Take our current 25-win team, add in the usual year-to-year player improvement, and then add a star freshman (or two), now I'm excited.

Our roster is so full of good players that we aren't sure which good player we need to leave to make room for our incoming freshmen. Think about that--while we know who our best 4 or 5 players are, we don't have a clear worst player. I don't know if our talent will be THAT deep to run a full second team, but it's good problem to have.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2018, 11:27 AM
I'm still not used to expecting incoming freshman contributing, but of course college basketball is full of star freshmen. Take our current 25-win team, add in the usual year-to-year player improvement, and then add a star freshman (or two), now I'm excited.

Our roster is so full of good players that we aren't sure which good player we need to leave to make room for our incoming freshmen. Think about that--while we know who our best 4 or 5 players are, we don't have a clear worst player. I don't know if our talent will be THAT deep to run a full second team, but it's good problem to have.

Our bench players this year would have been the best players on a Rick Ray team.