PDA

View Full Version : Pink flags in NFL

TheRef
10-06-2013, 02:13 PM
NFL Referees are using pink flags for the month of October for Breast Cancer Awareness. I think it's pretty cool. Think they'll move it to the NCAA?

M.Fillmore
10-06-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm opposed to it. I saw MRA play a game wearing pink jerseys. I'm glad they lost. Football and pink just don't go together.

All cancer is awful. Breast cancer is hideous. But more men die from prostate cancer than people die from breast cancer.
I just can't see some chick saying, "Wow, false start on our guard. Look at the cute pink flag thrown by the umpire. I think I'll go get a mammogram."

Will James
10-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm just not a fan of the pink explosion.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2013, 04:28 PM
At this point people are wearing pink as a fad. I saw some kids wearin their jersey and pink socks at the bus stop Friday. Child Puleaseeee!

Anyway....my question...why wear the pink? Are the pink articles bought by teams and worn as an indication they support breast cancer? Or are the articles given to teams to remind others? Why not just have a commercial during the game? Why doesn't the NFL and NCAA pick different diseases every year?

Regardless I will be glad when the fad is over.

Insensitive bastard* signing off.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 04:52 PM
The reason why is because most of the teams and the NFL as a body has a partnership with Zeta Tau Alpha to increase breast cancer awareness. Also, men are susceptible to breast cancer. Sorry.

Also, I don't see this "fad" ending anytime soon.

Goat Holder
10-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Agreed.

RunDog26
10-06-2013, 05:34 PM
IMO, this is way overplayed. Who honestly is not aware that breast cancer exists? Why not take the $ used to create all this pink stuff and just donate it to cancer research instead? I know, I know....publicity.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 05:36 PM
They wear it, auction it, and money is used towards cancer research and education of testing techniques and importance of mammograms.

M.Fillmore
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
, men are susceptible to breast cancer. Sorry.

You are right. Paul Ott Carruth is a breast cancer survivor.

I still think the pink is overplayed. I attend a boatload of high school and Juco games. The pink is more than a bit much.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 09:00 PM
IMO, this is way overplayed. Who honestly is not aware that breast cancer exists? Why not take the $ used to create all this pink stuff and just donate it to cancer research instead? I know, I know....publicity.

It's kind of like credit cards asking you to go green when in reality they are just trying to save money from having to mail the bill. If they truely ment it they would donate all the money they save to some charity.

Will James
10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
More color does not equal more caring.