PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Football Has Injury Issue In Spring Practice

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Now that it?s footbsll season, I thought this was interesting

Auburn?s 3rd and 5th best WRs in 2017, who combined for 55 catches last year, Will Hastings and Eli Stove both tore their ACL this spring.

Additionally, Stidham has shoulder surgery

Things could be lining up for us.

Bothrops
04-02-2018, 08:00 AM
If we're as good as everyone says we'll be, we should have the Auburn game in a bag.

ShotgunDawg
04-02-2018, 08:24 AM
If we're as good as everyone says we'll be, we should have the Auburn game in a bag.

I’m sure the refs will have something to say about that

99jc
04-02-2018, 05:26 PM
The only team I am remotely worried about is Bama. I think we beat that ass in Tuscaloosa...I really do.

Todd4State
04-02-2018, 05:41 PM
The only team I am remotely worried about is Bama. I think we beat that ass in Tuscaloosa...I really do.

I think Moorhead gives us a better CHANCE to win because his offense has RPO's and he likes to push the ball downfield and attack deep not to mention the most important thing- which is he has more self confidence in himself than Dan.

At the same time Alabama is still going to be very good and it is in Tuscaloosa unfortunately. If Alabama is undefeated going into the game our chances diminish quite a bit too.

The last two times we won in Tuscaloosa- 1997 Alabama was a 4-7 team. 2006 Alabama was a 6-7 team.

Leroy Jenkins
04-02-2018, 05:47 PM
I think Moorhead gives us a better CHANCE to win because his offense has RPO's and he likes to push the ball downfield and attack deep not to mention the most important thing- which is he has more self confidence in himself than Dan.

At the same time Alabama is still going to be very good and it is in Tuscaloosa unfortunately. If Alabama is undefeated going into the game our chances diminish quite a bit too.

The last two times we won in Tuscaloosa- 1997 Alabama was a 4-7 team. 2006 Alabama was a 6-7 team.

Every team hat has beaten bama in the SaBear era has done it by taking shots downfield. You just can’t consistently grind out 10-12 play drives, eventually you make a mistake. Even Freezus knew that.

Todd4State
04-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Every team hat has beaten bama in the SaBear era has done it by taking shots downfield. You just can’t consistently grind out 10-12 play drives, eventually you make a mistake. Even Freezus knew that.

You are 100% correct. In fact, I believe you're probably better off taking 5-6 shots downfield against them and getting picked off every time than you are trying to sustain drives against them. Saban wants to keep everyone in a 10-15 yard box where he can use his elite defenders to match up and then lock down on runners and eligible receivers.

Actually, last year we were one of the only and probably the only team to really sustain drives and score against them. I think we did some things that no one else has done since Saban was there like score 3 rushing touchdowns or something like that. And we still lost- mainly due to questionable play calling in the last five minutes of the game. If we can move their safeties and linebackers back out of the box and hit a few explosive plays it increases our odds of success.

I suspect that they will score at least 24-28 points on us no matter what. Hopefully they will have QB issues and controversy.

fader2103
04-02-2018, 07:55 PM

Mullen had certain RPOs in his offense to. 50% of the time when you hear a media person say RPO they are wrong. I do agree that you have to push the ball down field but that is only to keep their defense off balanced. Alabama is going to stop the run first and foremost to make you throw it deep. Which gives you less of a chance to beat them.

Todd4State
04-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Mullen had certain RPOs in his offense to. 50% of the time when you hear a media person say RPO they are wrong. I do agree that you have to push the ball down field but that is only to keep their defense off balanced. Alabama is going to stop the run first and foremost to make you throw it deep. Which gives you less of a chance to beat them.

That's true but I think Joe's are a little bit different and more creative.

Homedawg
04-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Do you realize how absurd that is? Hope you are joking. Auburn has a good team coming back. We have tons of talent back, but we better strap it on 8 times in the league

Homedawg
04-02-2018, 08:54 PM
That's true but I think Joe's are a little bit different and more creative.

The difference is who the qb is reading in some instances he read the guy on the second level.

msstate7
04-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Do you realize how absurd that is? Hope you are joking. Auburn has a good team coming back. We have tons of talent back, but we better strap it on 8 times in the league

I think it was a jab at the sunshine surrounding our team entering the season. Many here seem to think we are the favorite in the west and Moorhead is the next urban Meyer

I do think we have a chance to be very good, but I am not ready to chalk LSU, auburn, and bama up as wins just yet

SmokeyDawg
04-02-2018, 09:08 PM

I agree with the rest but I think over the last 7 or 8 years it’s been easier to be the first team to beat them. They seem to lock in if they get beat because they can still make it to the cfp.

Homedawg
04-02-2018, 09:17 PM
I think it was a jab at the sunshine surrounding our team entering the season. Many here seem to think we are the favorite in the west and Moorhead is the next urban Meyer

I do think we have a chance to be very good, but I am not ready to chalk LSU, auburn, and bama up as wins just yet

Well then he's right then, chalking up wins is just wrong. We will be good. What that means, I have no idea. 8 wins disappointing, 9 depending on how ball bounces, 10 possible for sure. 11, incredible year. 12 well it ain't happening and I'm talking pre bowl in all cases.

Ari Gold
04-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Heard that Paul Jones interviewed AW last week and asked him about the difference or similarities in schemes between Mullen and JM .. he said CJM style isnt as predictable..
I may have misquoted a little but point being our players already see how more explosive and not the same ole bullshit already and it’s ONLY been 5 spring practices . They haven’t even gotten into the meat and potatoes yet ..

Dawg61
04-03-2018, 08:33 AM
It's never football season when they haven't even played the Masters yet and MLB baseball started a week ago.

Jack Lambert
04-03-2018, 08:56 AM

I don't think his ass will pucker up in the 4th. That will be huge.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-03-2018, 08:57 AM
It's never football season when they haven't even played the Masters yet and MLB baseball started a week ago.

Right but the alternative to football is Baseball, and following our team is a quick way to a drinking problem

Bully13
04-03-2018, 10:00 AM
didn't bamer lose a lot of starters from last year? of course, I know, it's bamer. they don't rebuild, they just re-load.

Coach34
04-03-2018, 10:02 AM
State vs Bama in November to decide the West. Thats happening- get on board

MSUDAWGFAN
04-03-2018, 10:15 AM
State vs Bama in November to decide the West. Thats happening- get on board

I may not agree with you on much, but I agree with you on this. The old saying goes "It's not the X's and the O's, it's the Jimmies and the Joes." Well, this next year we have the Joes to beat Alabama. Whether or not that happens is yet to be seen, but we will have the personnel to do it.

LSU is on a downward spiral and let's be honest, their coach isn't inspiring. Auburn lost 4 OL, 2 RB, and has injury problems, Arkansas didn't even play the coaching game this year, A&M will improve but Jimbo doesn't have the personnel yet, and Mississippi is on probation and losing some of the players they bought. MSU vs Bama for the West.

04-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Auburn?s 3rd and 5th best WRs in 2017, who combined for 55 catches last year, Will Hastings and Eli Stove both tore their ACL this spring.

Auburn lost their whole OL plus both those tailbacks, our defense should rip them up

Token Bammer
04-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Awbum is always at their best when no one expects them to do squat. It's when they have expectations they fall flat on their faces. It's part of what makes them awbren.

I think the SEC will be solid as a whole next season. Jmo.

I would expect Alabama to finally have that explosive offense us Bammers have been dreaming of for quite some time with Tua at quarterback. He's a special talent. It's going to take scoring some points to beat BAMA next season.

I expect State to be good, but I think the conference is going to be a war. Well, in the West at least. The East is still trying to make a comeback, and I doubt UF will be able to accomplish their high standards with Mullen. It just seems like a bad fit. I don't think Mullen and his half arse attitude is going to cut it in Gainesville. Jmo.

Dawg61
04-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Right but the alternative to football is Baseball, and following our team is a quick way to a drinking problem

Agreed there but thankfully I love MLB and fantasy baseball is by far the best of the 3 main sports.

TUSK
04-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Awbum is always at their best when no one expects them to do squat. It's when they have expectations they fall flat on their faces. It's part of what makes them awbren.

I think the SEC will be solid as a whole next season. Jmo.

I would expect Alabama to finally have that explosive offense us Bammers have been dreaming of for quite some time with Tua at quarterback. He's a special talent. It's going to take scoring some points to beat BAMA next season.

I expect State to be good, but I think the conference is going to be a war. Well, in the West at least. The East is still trying to make a comeback, and I doubt UF will be able to accomplish their high standards with Mullen. It just seems like a bad fit. I don't think Mullen and his half arse attitude is going to cut it in Gainesville. Jmo.

A bunch... I think they can go ~40 per this year (if they wanna),,,,

Also, I read AU is down their best 3 at the Center position (in addition to the QB and 2 WRs)...

Also, Bammer's Jerry Judy had meniscus surgery (in addition to Tua's thumb)....

Re: the West... 7SU and AU's schedules are too difficult, in my opinion... and Arkie, A&M, and OM all suck, soooooo.....

If MSU can get to TTown with less than 2 losses, they'll get their Shot at the Title...

Token Bammer
04-03-2018, 08:26 PM
A bunch... I think they can go ~40 per this year (if they wanna),,,,

Also, I read AU is down their best 3 at the Center position (in addition to the QB and 2 WRs)...

Also, Bammer's Jerry Judy had meniscus surgery (in addition to Tua's thumb)....

Re: the West... 7SU and AU's schedules are too difficult, in my opinion... and Arkie, A&M, and OM all suck, soooooo.....

If MSU can get to TTown with less than 2 losses, they'll get their Shot at the Title...

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Tua's thumb or the meniscus come game time in the fall. Tua was on the practice field the day after he hurt his thumb. I know he's been limited, but I heard he may play in the spring game (?).Jeudy will be good. The meniscus will heal. The wide receiver position is one overflowing at UA for the time being.

On the west, I agree about LSU and *u's schedules, but from a talent, game by game scenario, it's going to be tough to get out of a game with a west opponent. A&M has talent, and will improve with Jimbo calling the shots. I wouldn't expect them to disappear the second half of the season like they did under Sumlin every year. I'm not saying they're world beaters, but not an easy out. I even think OM will not be inept. They have a lot of talent, particularly on offense. Jmo

On *U. I know better than to look past this bunch. When the chips are down they are at their best.

I fully expect the MSU game to mean quite a lot. They have as good a chance as any to be in a great position come November.

Coach34
04-04-2018, 06:15 AM

State will be undefeated heading into TTown

We get Auburn and A&M at home- and if you have to play LSU on the road- this is the year.

Dental Dawg33
04-04-2018, 06:49 AM
I concur. I get laughed out of the room when I say it to my friends, but they don't realize just what we are bringing to the plate this year. It's going to be a fun year gents

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 10:44 AM

they should fire their s&c coach

ScoobaDawg
04-05-2018, 11:30 AM
but F*CK Auburn.. always and forever. we are gonna kick that tail.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-05-2018, 03:07 PM

Seriously? WTH? When are we going to get to the point where we feel confident in our team and not consider injuries on another team an avenue to gain a better position.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Seriously? WTH? When are we going to get to the point where we feel confident in our team and not consider injuries on another team an avenue to gain a better position.

Its not the other team's injuries, its the special coffee our guys are on. Its truly astounding, they're literally getting JACKED 24/7 without ever setting foot in the weight room thanks to this stuff.

Get yours here while you can:
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?65772-IT-s-HERE

TUSK
04-05-2018, 08:34 PM
State will be undefeated heading into TTown

We get Auburn and A&M at home- and if you have to play LSU on the road- this is the year.

I'd take bet...

Bulldog1
04-05-2018, 08:36 PM
- and if you have to play LSU on the road- this is the year.

Agree