PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Events worth taking off for.

dickiedawg
04-12-2013, 03:38 PM
An ESPN tweet earlier said "you might as well take the afternoon off" to watch the Masters, or something to that effect. What sporting events have you/would you take off to watch on TV? Not counting watching MSU.

For me, obviously the first weekend of the Big Dance. The other thing that immediately comes to mind is the World Cup.

Coach34
04-12-2013, 03:50 PM
The other thing that immediately comes to mind is the World Cup.

aye yi yi

I'd rather work in coal mine than have to watch the World Cup

Coach34
04-12-2013, 03:54 PM
To answer your question- Opening Day for the Cubs, March Madness, any good football event not on Sat or Sun

dawgoneyall
04-12-2013, 03:54 PM
He misunderstood you said sporting event.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Cardinals-Cubs series.

Spider-Man
04-12-2013, 04:41 PM
I have never taken off work to watch a sporting event on TV. I have to travel to one though.

dickiedawg
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't watch much soccer. Don't have a club team I support, so I don't often get interested. But when it comes to team USA I'm all about the World Cup. What else is going on in the summer?

Political Hack
04-12-2013, 06:51 PM
NCAA Tournament is well worth it, although I don't think I've taken off work for it since college.

Masters/golf - no.
Any baseball event - no.
Any NBA event - no.
All football worth taking off for is on Saturday or Sunday regardless.

Rick Danko
04-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Never taken off work for any but when I participate in a march madness bracket I might as well take off work cause I don't get shit accomplished at work.

Quaoarsking
04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Took off for the Friday of the first March Madness weekend this year. Would do it for super regional or Omaha and obviously any MSU football game

FlabLoser
04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
MSU in the SEC or NCAA basketball tourney. Although I've been known not to take off and opt for drawing a lot of attention from the break room.

missouridawg
04-12-2013, 08:58 PM
An ESPN tweet earlier said "you might as well take the afternoon off" to watch the Masters, or something to that effect. What sporting events have you/would you take off to watch on TV? Not counting watching MSU.

For me, obviously the first weekend of the Big Dance. The other thing that immediately comes to mind is the World Cup.

You nailed it... but there is no funner sports watching weekend than the first weekend of the dance. I've got a group of friends who make the trek out to Vegas for that weekend every year... fun, fun times.

The Croom Diaries
04-13-2013, 09:36 AM
I work for myself so I don't necessarily 'take off work' but I always make sure I make time to stop working and watch MSU in the SEC basketball and baseball tournaments when we play during the day. Watching us in baseball every afternoon last year from Tuesday-Friday was really fun.

Original48
04-13-2013, 09:46 AM
A buddy of mine in Nashville got a vasectomy a few years ago. He asked his doctor if he had a 'busy' season or a time of year he did more business than others. The doctor said hands down, the week leading up to Masters weekend.

The Croom Diaries
04-13-2013, 10:36 AM
A buddy of mine in Nashville got a vasectomy a few years ago. He asked his doctor if he had a 'busy' season or a time of year he did more business than others. The doctor said hands down, the week leading up to Masters weekend.

Right before the NCAA Tourney started they kept playing that commercial on MSU baseball broadcasts about getting your vasectomy before March Madness. The "approved by wives everywhere" commercial. I'm sure that week and Masters week are primo for getting your nads cut. I'll be sure to remember that when it's my time to be neutered.

Hump4Hoops
04-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Not counting MSU? March Madness is the only thing I can think of.

I seen it dawg
04-13-2013, 02:05 PM
NCAA Tournament is well worth it, although I don't think I've taken off work for it since college.

Masters/golf - no.
Any baseball event - no.
Any NBA event - no.
All football worth taking off for is on Saturday or Sunday regardless.

Lifetime movies. Before soccer