PDA

View Full Version : We got a lot of calls ourselves (for those of you blaming the refs)

04-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Just sayin

McGowans travel comes to mind. The refs were just incompetent, they weren't biased toward ND. They were equal opportunity idiots

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2018, 07:58 AM
We didn’t get the one that mattered when the game was on the line. Those are the ones that matter the most. I also suggest you go back and look at the third quarter and why the big lead slipped away. That was almost completely on the refs.

MarketingBully
04-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Just sayin

McGowans travel comes to mind. The refs were just incompetent, they weren't biased toward ND. They were equal opportunity idiots

What? Are you serious? They committed the ultimate officiating sin. They called it loose in the first half and tight only on us in the third quarter. Had they called it tight both ways in the third quarter NDs whole team would have fouled out. As is they called 9 fouls on us in one quarter. I’d rather have the calls ND got that got them back in the game then anything we were gifted. Do you not understand that 3rd quarter gave ND a huge boost of momentum heading into the fourth? Do you not know how basketball works?

TrapGame
04-02-2018, 08:20 AM
What? Are you serious? They committed the ultimate officiating sin. They called it loose in the first half and tight only on us in the third quarter. Had they called it tight both ways in the third quarter NDs whole team would have fouled out. As is they called 9 fouls on us in one quarter. I’d rather have the calls ND got that got them back in the game then anything we were gifted. Do you not understand that 3rd quarter gave ND a huge boost of momentum heading into the fourth? Do you not know how basketball works?

The officials jerked the rug out from under us. The girls never got their footing back. They got called for stuff the refs let them get away with the entire first half. Yet, ND does the same stuff and no whistle.

And what's up with the blonde ponytail ref. Some Bulldogs on FB are saying she screwed us on no calls in another game.

IMissJack
04-02-2018, 08:26 AM
The primary reason that I can't blame the refs is that a foul could have easily been called on McCowan at the end of the Louisville regulation. I'm sure their fans thought a foul should have been called. With that call we probably wouldn't have been in the finals. That is not to say there were bad calls during the game.

04-02-2018, 08:46 AM
What? Are you serious? They committed the ultimate officiating sin. They called it loose in the first half and tight only on us in the third quarter. Had they called it tight both ways in the third quarter NDs whole team would have fouled out. As is they called 9 fouls on us in one quarter. I?d rather have the calls ND got that got them back in the game then anything we were gifted. Do you not understand that 3rd quarter gave ND a huge boost of momentum heading into the fourth? Do you not know how basketball works?

We never even drove to the basket, how we gonna get fouled? Every time Vivians drove she got fouled, but we quit doing it

Teira missed God knows how many layups, then the free throws

We even had the Scotty Thurman moment at the end when we hit the 3, and what do we do? We allow them to get a wide open look and drain it, to answer

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-02-2018, 09:28 AM
The primary reason that I can't blame the refs is that a foul could have easily been called on McCowan at the end of the Louisville regulation. I'm sure their fans thought a foul should have been called. With that call we probably wouldn't have been in the finals. That is not to say there were bad calls during the game.

It's one thing to swallow the whistle when a defender challenges a shot at the buzzer. It's another thing to swallow it when someone's progress is literally stopped at half court due to contact. And the only reason they didn't hit a wide open layup at the buzzer is because our player makes a heads up play to intentionally foul them, which they did manage to blow the whistle on.

To make what McGowan did at the end of the Louisville game equivalent to what that ND defender did she would have had to have gone for the ball a step or two before the Louisville girl tried to shoot, and in the process just plow her to the floor.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2018, 01:23 PM
It's one thing to swallow the whistle when a defender challenges a shot at the buzzer. It's another thing to swallow it when someone's progress is literally stopped at half court due to contact. And the only reason they didn't hit a wide open layup at the buzzer is because our player makes a heads up play to intentionally foul them, which they did manage to blow the whistle on.

To make what McGowan did at the end of the Louisville game equivalent to what that ND defender did she would have had to have gone for the ball a step or two before the Louisville girl tried to shoot, and in the process just plow her to the floor.

This guy gets it!

IMissJack
04-02-2018, 01:59 PM

I'm not saying it is equivalent. I'm saying we could have easily not been in the championship game.

dawgoneyall
04-02-2018, 04:42 PM
But that foul was Ray Charles proof.

But complete incompetence was in effect.

MarketingBully
04-02-2018, 05:18 PM
We never even drove to the basket, how we gonna get fouled? Every time Vivians drove she got fouled, but we quit doing it

Teira missed God knows how many layups, then the free throws

We even had the Scotty Thurman moment at the end when we hit the 3, and what do we do? We allow them to get a wide open look and drain it, to answer

We got it to McCowan down low and she was hacked every time she tried to shoot the ball.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2018, 05:29 PM

Are you a journalist or a fan?

Homedawg
04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Just sayin

Louisville has a gripe on the final play the other night to be honest.....bad calls happen. Be better and don't let it matter. We weren't.

SailingDawg
04-02-2018, 09:28 PM

This is correct. I don't recall our starting lineup with 4-3-3-3-3 fouls in the 3rd quarter this past year. They changed the flow of the game.

dawgoneyall
04-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Louisville has a gripe on the final play the other night to be honest.....bad calls happen. Be better and don't let it matter. We weren't.

So officials are not necessary?

Homedawg
04-02-2018, 10:33 PM
So officials are not necessary?

Good grief man.... it wasn't a homer game. We didn't get screwed on call after call. Don't be a dipshit.

dawgoneyall
04-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Good grief man.... it wasn't a homer game. We didn't get screwed on call after call. Don't be a dipshit.

Hummm....the officials missed a call badly (no rational person questions that) and yet you imply it doesn't matter. Again why do we need officials if their calls (non calls) do not matter. Answer that..requesting an intelligent response is not being a dipshit.....only a dipshit would not give an intelligent answer.