PDA

View Full Version : I love Sweet T

Dawg61
04-01-2018, 08:04 PM
She played her ass off and wanted the trophy more than anyone on the court for MSU. 2-3 of our players hid from the glory at the end. It sucks but I think it's human nature for some. Some don't want to make a mistake so they hide from the opportunity to do so. I'm not naming names but several players got scared of failing. It sucks. It's awful and I don't wish that feeling on anyone. It's been our nemesis for 3 years now. We simply can't settle the nerves in the biggest of games.

BB30
04-01-2018, 08:28 PM
T missed several easy easy shots under the basket and wasn’t very good at the ft line. She may have played hard but she left at least 10 points on the floor she should have had tonight.

basedog
04-01-2018, 08:40 PM
She played her ass off and wanted the trophy more than anyone on the court for MSU. 2-3 of our players hid from the glory at the end. It sucks but I think it's human nature for some. Some don't want to make a mistake so they hide from the opportunity to do so. I'm not naming names but several players got scared of failing. It sucks. It's awful and I don't wish that feeling on anyone. It's been our nemesis for 3 years now. We simply can't settle the nerves in the biggest of games.

Damn 61, I kinda agree with you. We were extremely tight, we didn’t attack their Zone, spacing was way to far out.

We didn’t have energy that second half, I do wish Danbury would have played more in the second half.

Blaming coaches for losses happens all the time from fans. I’m sure Vic will look back and see things he wishes he could or may have done.

Yes to folks saying it isn’t one play that wins or looses games but the timing of a bad play or bad call is critical and the non foul on Mo was that moment.

Great season and I’m mighty proud, but sad! I would never put this loss on Vic as players have to make plays and we came up one short at the buzzer!

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Damn 61, I kinda agree with you. We were extremely tight, we didn’t attack their Zone, spacing was way to far out.

We didn’t have energy that second half, I do wish Danbury would have played more in the second half.

Blaming coaches for losses happens all the time from fans. I’m sure Vic will look back and see things he wishes he could or may have done.

Yes to folks saying it isn’t one play that wins or looses games but the timing of a bad play or bad call is critical and the non foul on Mo was that moment.

Great season and I’m mighty proud, but sad! I would never put this loss on Vic as players have to make plays and we came up one short at the buzzer!

Best post I?ve seen all night about the game. Rep given!

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2018, 08:46 PM
T was 7-19 from the field and 4-8 from the FT line. I don't doubt her effort, but if she's makes 2 or 3 more of those or makes her FTs we're celebrating a championship right now. I'm not saying she's the reason we lost, but she does deserve some blame just like everyone else.

Dawg61
04-01-2018, 08:49 PM
T was 7-19 from the field and 4-8 from the FT line. I don't doubt her effort, but if she's makes 2 or 3 more of those or makes her FTs we're celebrating a championship right now. I'm not saying she's the reason we lost, but she does deserve some blame just like everyone else.

Did Vivians, Mo or Blair take a single shot the last 5 minutes? If they did I don't remember it.

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2018, 08:51 PM
As I said I don't doubt her effort and I was yelling at the TV just as much as anybody when we went into the "Stansbury Stall" with 5 to go. But if we go to her she's got to be able to convert from 3 ft.

basedog
04-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Best post I?ve seen all night about the game. Rep given!

LOL and thanks, I coached basketball way back when, I had a few championship teams.

Not bragging but I know way more bout basketball than most, did I just brag! Yes I did****. LOL

MetEdDawg
04-01-2018, 09:03 PM

She was visibly upset after she didn’t finish a basket after a foul. She let it affect her at the line and I even saw her say to someone that she was upset. She went on this miss both FTs. Can’t let that kind of thing happen.

yjnkdawg
04-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Damn 61, I kinda agree with you. We were extremely tight, we didn?t attack their Zone, spacing was way to far out.

We didn?t have energy that second half, I do wish Danbury would have played more in the second half.

Blaming coaches for losses happens all the time from fans. I?m sure Vic will look back and see things he wishes he could or may have done.

Yes to folks saying it isn?t one play that wins or looses games but the timing of a bad play or bad call is critical and the non foul on Mo was that moment.

Great season and I?m mighty proud, but sad! I would never put this loss on Vic as players have to make plays and we came up one short at the buzzer!

Agree and Rep point given.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 09:17 PM
LOL and thanks, I coached basketball way back when, I had a few championship teams.

Not bragging but I know way more bout basketball than most, did I just brag! Yes I did****. LOL

Lol it?s a sick dog that don?t wag his own tail.

Cooterpoot
04-01-2018, 09:19 PM
T was beaten to death and the officials let it happen the whole tournament. I don’t blame her for shit. The rest of the team has no excuse.

maroonmania
04-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Did Vivians, Mo or Blair take a single shot the last 5 minutes? If they did I don't remember it.

I agree in the sense that she went for it she just missed. We had what, 4 or 5 possessions in the 4th quarter where we just threw something up because the shot clock was running out after we had passed up some pretty decent looks.

Dawg61
04-01-2018, 09:41 PM
I agree in the sense that she went for it she just missed. We had what, 4 or 5 possessions in the 4th quarter where we just threw something up because the shot clock was running out after we had passed up some pretty decent looks.

Soooo many open looks never taken to instead wait till the last possible look had to go up. I'd be somewhat alright with that strategy had Vivians had the ball at any point but she didn't take a shot maybe the entire 4th quarter. Vic channeled his inner Stansbury. I would of told Vivians to shoot everything the entire 4th quarter and take the ball up the court every possession. Sick to my stomach we just forgot or intentionally ignored Vivians all 4th quarter and idk how much of that goes on her shoulders or Vic's. Worst time possible to forget whose your best scorer.

Gutter Cobreh
04-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but ND did serious damage when T was out of the game in the 3rd quarter. Regardless of her missing shots, her sheer presence was the reason they didn’t blow the doors off of us... or are you going to blame her for getting into foul trouble... get the hell out of here with your nonsense.

basedog
04-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Lol it?s a sick dog that don?t wag his own tail.

LOL, not sure I ever heard that before but it does say you can teach an old dog new tricks! My tail has some swag!

+1

Btw, I'm far from sad, I'm just thankful for the great season. It ain't always about trophies, more bout memories especially for the players. Great run they had!

Coach007
04-01-2018, 10:02 PM

Vic blames himself. "inside of 4 minutes, it's my job to bring them home and I didn't do that tonight"

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 10:03 PM
LOL, not sure I ever heard that before but it does say you can teach an old dog new tricks! My tail has some swag!

+1

Btw, I'm far from sad, I'm just thankful for the great season. It ain't always about trophies, more bout memories especially for the players. Great run they had!

I?m with you on that! I coached Baseball a long time myself. These ladies have been special and given me memories over the last couple of years I?ll never forget!

basedog
04-01-2018, 10:17 PM
I?m with you on that! I coached Baseball a long time myself. These ladies have been special and given me memories over the last couple of years I?ll never forget!

As you know, coaches always look back after a defeat and try and figure out what they could have done to change the outcome. Also most good and great coaches take the blame as Vic did tonight.

Makes me puke at the shitbirds calling out Vic after a loss, we had our chance regardless the strategy or non strategy, players HAVE to make plays and the girl from ND did. Winning 37 games may not every be matched again in Msu Basketball, much less back to back in the final four!

basedog
04-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Vic blames himself. "inside of 4 minutes, it's my job to bring them home and I didn't do that tonight"

Most great Coaches will blame themselves, gotta love Vic, I feel for him just as much as I do for the players, maybe even more because he outworked everybody. Think of the time he spent. He has no quit, can't wait to see what's his plan going forward.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 10:25 PM
As you know, coaches always look back after a defeat and try and figure out what they could have done to change the outcome. Also most good and great coaches take the blame as Vic did tonight.

Makes me puke at the shitbirds calling out Vic after a loss, we had our chance regardless the strategy or non strategy, players HAVE to make plays and the girl from ND did. Winning 37 games may not every be matched again in Msu Basketball, much less back to back in the final four!

Exactly! I?ve stayed awake many nights replaying things to do differently. It?s an awful feeling. It sure is sweet though when you get it done! Winning championships will keep you awake all night too but in a good way lol

ETA I hurt for Vic too. The first thing that comes to your mind when you lose a championship game is all the hard work you and your players put in!

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Correct me if I?m wrong, but ND did serious damage when T was out of the game in the 3rd quarter. Regardless of her missing shots, her sheer presence was the reason they didn?t blow the doors off of us... or are you going to blame her for getting into foul trouble... get the hell out of here with your nonsense.

They started doing serious damage when we went into the stall. I agree with you that we have far less of a chance without her. Heck we probably don't get to this point without her. But big time players have to perform on the biggest stages and while she had her moments today, we needed her to make one or two more baskets down the stretch. It's the same reason I'm pissed VV stopped attempting to score in the last 15 minutes of the ballgame.

basedog
04-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Exactly! I?ve stayed awake many nights replaying things to do differently. It?s an awful feeling. It sure is sweet though when you get it done! Winning championships will keep you awake all night too but in a good way lol

ETA I hurt for Vic too. The first thing that comes to your mind when you lose a championship game is all the hard work you and your players put in!

+1

Nobody is taking this loss more than Vic right now. Tough on his family as well. As long as we have him as a Coach the future will be bright.

Also it's good to discuss "Coaching" with another Coach. The so call ED wanna be Coaches don't really understand or know as they never have been on the sidelines to know!

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 10:32 PM
+1

Nobody is taking this loss more than Vic right now. Tough on his family as well. As long as we have him as a Coach the future will be bright.

+1. I love the guy! Hope he stays here forever.

dawgday166
04-01-2018, 10:35 PM
+1. I love the guy! Hope he stays here forever.

+1 Heartily agree. He's done a whale of a job ... I love the guy.