PDA

View Full Version : I'll say this and I might get roasted

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:29 PM
But we're never going to win a National Title in any sport because the officials will not allow it.

And the reason is because we are from Mississippi.

This was just another example. They miss a clothesline that Notre Dame commits on us but yet at the same time call a cheap foul on our best player.

EAT SHIT NCAA!

bulldawg28
04-01-2018, 07:30 PM
The refs had nothing to do with us blowing a 15 point lead

notsofarawaydawg
04-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Liverpooldawg
But we're never going to win a National Title in any sport because the officials will not allow it.

This was just another example. They miss a clothesline that Notre Dame commits on us but yet at the same time call a cheap foul on our best player.

EAT SHIT NCAA!

T fouled on purpose. She had to. The no call on the tackle was atrocious.

Commercecomet24
I think you maybe right, Todd. And I agree I hate the ncaa!

We choked. It’s what we do

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:33 PM

No- but they sure as **** had something to do with not calling that foul on Mabrey at the end on one of our best free throw shooters.

bluelightstar

I'm not sure that's quite right. We didn't play well on offense, but they definitely changed the way they officiated our defense in the 2nd half.

Liverpooldawg

But they had everything to do with us not being at the line in a tie game with three seconds left. We made the play and would have had a layup on the other end without a desperation intentional foul by Notre Dame.......and it didn't get called. Sportswriters are blowing up Twitter over it.

Dawgface
We had calls go in our favor too. We hacked the L'ville player at the end driving for a layup but no call. We just couldn't make shots today and made questionable decisions(not fouling at the end).

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2018, 07:34 PM
I think there def should have been a foul. But we def played like shit in the 3rd and let them back in it.

Has nothing to do with being from MS. I dont understand why some folks from this state choose to hate on it as much as they do. We cant say this is OurState or whatever then turn around and poop on it.

Not saying its just you Todd. But loyalty is one of the best of all traits. I love MS

Cloak
04-01-2018, 07:35 PM
I agree that they'd like to keep Mississippi down if possible, but you can't go scoreless in the last 90 seconds, play scared, and miss a wide open lay up in crunch time. Loss is on the Mississippi mentality and our players

Turfdawg67
04-01-2018, 07:35 PM
We missed ~ 12 layups, 8 free throws and our best player basically took the 2nd half off. The refs didn't lose this game for us.

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:38 PM
I think there def should have been a foul. But we def played like shit in the 3rd and let them back in it.

Has nothing to do with being from MS. I dont understand why some folks from this state choose to hate on it as much as they do. We cant say this is OurState or whatever then turn around and poop on it.

Not saying its just you Todd. But loyalty is one of the best of all traits. I love MS

Oh- don't get me wrong. I love Mississippi. I actually like it and I've been all over the country. And I agree 110% that people from Mississippi should not poop on Mississippi.

That's what makes me upset- I love Mississippi but because everyone else in the country looks down on us we're disliked by outsiders. But the truth is that was a screw job that wouldn't have happened to someone like UConn.

Ari Gold
04-01-2018, 07:38 PM

They didn’t.
But they didn’t ****ing help.
The worse missed call was the push off on Morgan on the inbound. Right in front of official . Unless she sold the hell out of it you have to call that.
Even tho she did get fouled at half court late as well.

Skydawg1
04-01-2018, 07:39 PM

EAT SHIT NCAA!

Yeah, man, Ron Polk really pissed them off!!

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I agree that they'd like to keep Mississippi down if possible, but you can't go scoreless in the last 90 seconds, play scared, and miss a wide open lay up in crunch time. Loss is on the Mississippi mentality and our players

I think this is a good point because when we have a chance to win it probably means more to Mississippi than other schools because we don't really have pro sports. I do think that adds weight on our players too. And the coaches as well.

It's sort of like the Cubs before they won the World Series finally. They had some good teams but for most of them they got caught up in the gravity of the situation and couldn't finish it off until they finally built a team that could do it with a coach that wasn't scared and fearless.

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Yeah, man, Ron Polk really pissed them off!!

At this point I'm just happy that this thread isn't turning into Will Clark for baseball coach bad.**

Coursesuper
04-01-2018, 07:43 PM

You have obviously not traveled much outside of our state and seen how our state and the people from it are viewed. We are viewed as backward redneck racist bigots, by a great deal of the country. Thanks to UNM and fvck Head legislators in our state doing all they can to reinforce those stereotypes, sadly that’s the way it is. You can talk that loyalty shat all you want but it does nothing to change the way we are viewed. It’s wrong, very wrong about our school, but it’s the truth.

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 07:45 PM
You have obviously not traveled much outside of our state and seen how our state and the people from it are viewed. We are viewed as backward redneck racist bigots, by a great deal of the country. Thanks to UNM and fvck Head legislators in our state doing all they can to reinforce those stereotypes, sadly that’s the way it is. You can talk that loyalty shat all you want but it does nothing to change the way we are viewed. It’s wrong, very wrong about our school, but it’s the truth.

I'm glad someone else said it besides me.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Any clue why over half our team didn't have their hands over their hearts for the anthem? All of ND's did.

Skydawg1
04-01-2018, 07:47 PM
At this point I'm just happy that this thread isn't turning into Will Clark for baseball coach bad.**Nah, you have a good point. Sometimes I wonder. They already like to let us know that they will never be allowing an NCAA event to take place within our state b/c of the damn flag "issue". Plus the more we play in actual National Title games, the sillier it makes UMiss look for claiming their "titles". And they're one of the main reasons the state has such a bad image.

Coach007
04-01-2018, 07:48 PM
We missed ~ 12 layups, 8 free throws and our best player basically took the 2nd half off. The refs didn't lose this game for us.

I hate that mentality. They missed too. In all things its a wash except for the fact that they failed to call an obvious foul!

Saltydog
04-01-2018, 07:50 PM
NT

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2018, 07:57 PM
You have obviously not traveled much outside of our state and seen how our state and the people from it are viewed. We are viewed as backward redneck racist bigots, by a great deal of the country. Thanks to UNM and fvck Head legislators in our state doing all they can to reinforce those stereotypes, sadly that?s the way it is. You can talk that loyalty shat all you want but it does nothing to change the way we are viewed. It?s wrong, very wrong about our school, but it?s the truth.

Well I really dont give a shit what anyone thinks. And our school/athletes shouldnt either.

Nobody liked the bad boy pistons or the city of detroit and they just kept on making them eat it. That should be our mentality.

Like Troy said in Fences ''Dont you try going through life worried about if somebody like you, you better be making sure they doing right by you!!''

WPDawg
04-01-2018, 07:59 PM

EAT SHIT NCAA!

that's a little league response. Don't demean our season with that kind of comment. Refs missed several calls but its not like they just got worse for this game. It is a part of the game. ND just beat UConn and played us well defensively. We had opportunities to win on our own.
Go count to whatever you need to think sensibly.

Great season. Great last two seasons. This team created a lot of good pub for Mississippi State. It is disappointing to not win the whole thing but this team represented our university in the last 2 NCAA championship Games for Women's basketball. Thanks to them for creating a whole lot of excitement for our fan base!

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Nobody liked the Raiders back in the day either and they shoved it up their noses.

Nothing to do with the state of MS lost us this game. Us choking and a terrible no foul call did

Coursesuper
04-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Well I really dont give a shit what anyone thinks. And our school/athletes shouldnt either.

Nobody liked the bad boy pistons or the city of detroit and they just kept on making them eat it. That should be our mentality.

Like Troy said in Fences ''Dont you try going through life worried about if somebody like you, you better be making sure they doing right by you!!''

You can take a horse to water but you can’t mske him drink. But hey your tough.

Lord McBuckethead
04-01-2018, 08:06 PM

Other than the 14 foul shots they shot in the third.

MarketingBully
04-01-2018, 08:07 PM

How many of those 12 layups did the ND ladies hack us and nothing was called? I?d say easily 8 or 9. That?s 8 or 9 fouls those ND women couldn?t take because they already had 3-4 on a lot of then as it was. I don?t think it?s a Mississippi bias per se. I think it?s the refs don?t know how to call fouls on defenders against McCowan because she is so dominant down low. It?s the same problem refs had with Shaq in college. Teams would foul the shit out of him and the refs would either not call it or if they did he went to the line. Hence, Hack a Shaq was born. If you notice, Schaefer said they are fouling McCowan every play. They were but in most instances the refs didn?t call it. Schaefer should have got the ball to Vivians and just let McCowan get the offensive board and put back if Vivians missed. His gameplan didn?t work because the officials didn?t call fouls on ND and thus those missed layups were just missed layups instead of what they should have been two free throw attempts.

BuckyIsAB****
04-01-2018, 08:08 PM
You can take a horse to water but you can’t mske him drink. But hey your tough.

Thanks

Tbonewannabe
04-01-2018, 08:23 PM

Actually they did. They started calling touch fouls in the 3rd quarter and nearly fouled out the entire starting lineup. If you don't think getting the team in foul trouble which alters how you play defense doesn't affect the game then I don't know what else to tell you.

Coach007
04-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Actually they did. They started calling touch fouls in the 3rd quarter and nearly fouled out the entire starting lineup. If you don't think getting the team in foul trouble which alters how you play defense doesn't affect the game then I don't know what else to tell you.

They did and it was one sided. I remember McCowan going up and was hacked across both arms! No foul called.... in fact they called it a jump ball.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Yep, they allowed ND back in it and when that didn't work they handed the game to them.

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 08:52 PM
that's a little league response. Don't demean our season with that kind of comment. Refs missed several calls but its not like they just got worse for this game. It is a part of the game. ND just beat UConn and played us well defensively. We had opportunities to win on our own.
Go count to whatever you need to think sensibly.

Great season. Great last two seasons. This team created a lot of good pub for Mississippi State. It is disappointing to not win the whole thing but this team represented our university in the last 2 NCAA championship Games for Women's basketball. Thanks to them for creating a whole lot of excitement for our fan base!

Nothing I say will about how bullshit the officiating is will diminish or take away more than that official did. And she belongs in Little League so she probably deserves a Little League response.