PDA

View Full Version : I'm Officially Done with Women's Basketball

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Morgan William just got tackled at mid-court & there was no call with 5 seconds left.

Absolutely bullshit at the high degree.

There is no excuse for that ever

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 07:17 PM
I?m with ya, Gun! Absolutely atrocious!

Coach34
04-01-2018, 07:17 PM
I agree she got fouled. Tough break

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
I?m with ya, Gun! Absolutely atrocious!

Our university needs to be an ass and release a statement

bostondawg
04-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Our university needs to be an ass and release a statement

Absolutely. So tired of seeing us get hosed by refs and never standing up for ourselves.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Horrible calls but if we could make a 17ing layup it would not have mattered. We had to lead the nation in shots missed inside five feet.

msstate7
04-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Refs did not blow open layup. Refs did not choose not to foul with foul to give. We lost

TrapGame
04-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Actually it started when we were 15 points up and we suddenly became a foul machine until ND tied it up. Couldn't have lowly Mississippi State turn it into a blow out of the Irish.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Horrible calls but if we could make a 17ing layup it would not have mattered. We had to lead the nation in shots missed inside five feet.

What a horrible opinion.

smootness
04-01-2018, 07:22 PM
That wasn’t a bad call, there wasn’t clear foul. Bad decision to try to push it.

Awful 3rd quarter and terrible management at the end. Should have taken a quick shot on our last possession to get 2 out of it, shouldn’t have tried to push it after forcing the turnover, and should have fouled with 3 seconds left and 2 fouls to give. No excuses for those decisions.

fader2103
04-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Refs did not blow open layup. Refs did not choose not to foul with foul to give. We lost

The refs didn?t call fouls on McCowan either.

BulldogBear
04-01-2018, 07:24 PM

They would've still won 61-60

Coach34
04-01-2018, 07:25 PM
yep- the officials didnt cost us a title- we did it to ourself

HereComesTheSpiral
04-01-2018, 07:25 PM
We are cursed, that is all

Dawgface
04-01-2018, 07:26 PM

True. We couldn't make shit under the basket. May have been the ugliest game I have ever seen.

Turfdawg67
04-01-2018, 07:26 PM

Exactly! McCowan should've had 40pts with her eyes closed. She was a woman amongst girls and it certainly didn't help that VV absolutely disappeared down the stretch. We choked.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Notre Dame won the game in the 3rd qtr... we made run in 2nd qtr driving to basket and getting it down low...... 3rd qtr we took foot off gas... chunked up 3's and didn't pick up early on D... Vivians was chicken with head cut off whole second half....

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2018, 07:28 PM
What a horrible opinion.

Then prove me wrong. How many shots under the bucket did we miss just this game? I lost count at 8. If we make the most basic of shots this game is a blowout over at halftime.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Then prove me wrong. How many shots under the bucket did we miss just this game? I lost count at 8. If we make the most basic of shots this game is a blowout over at halftime.

That has nothing to do with the call at the end. Notre Dame made mistakes as well.

It was a terrible call that cost us a national championship. Yes, other things happened, but that along cost us.

bostondawg
04-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Guys, we have to relax with the "if we just make free throws we win the game" opinions. Yes, we know. We also would have won if ND's starters all had heart attacks. But neither of those things happened. The facts are this: with less than 5 seconds left the ball handler gets knocked to the ground on what is most definitely a foul and it wasn't called. That's an amazing level of incompetence by the refs. You don't miss those calls. We can both simultaneously want a team that (1) makes free throws and (2) doesn't get hosed by the refs.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2018, 07:40 PM
That has nothing to do with the call at the end. Notre Dame made mistakes as well.

It was a terrible call that cost us a national championship. Yes, other things happened, but that along cost us.

Should have never come to that. Noter Dame scored three total points in the second quarter. The game should have been over at halftime. Yes, the refs were waist deep in Irish ass, but if we make a 17ing layup we are up 25 at half and never look back.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Should have never come to that. Noter Dame scored three total points in the second quarter. The game should have been over at halftime. Yes, the refs were waist deep in Irish ass, but if we make a 17ing layup we are up 25 at half and never look back.

So, we deserve to lose every time we don't play perfect?

Not understanding your point. That call cost us the national title.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 07:44 PM
That wasn?t a bad call, there wasn?t clear foul. Bad decision to try to push it.

Awful 3rd quarter and terrible management at the end. Should have taken a quick shot on our last possession to get 2 out of it, shouldn?t have tried to push it after forcing the turnover, and should have fouled with 3 seconds left and 2 fouls to give. No excuses for those decisions.

Litterelly the only people I have seen that say that wasn't a foul are Notre Dame people and supposed MSU people. Ya know, it's not cool to try so hard to be objective that you no longer are. Twitter is blowing up on it.....and it nearly all in our favor. Even Barret freaking Salee says we were robbed.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 07:45 PM

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Fact remains that we would have had a game winning layup without the foul being made. Had t been called we are at the line to win it.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2018, 07:48 PM
In games like this both teams are elite. There?s gonna be runs by both teams. Every possession is critical that?s why the no call on Mo was so big. She should?ve been shooting free throws instead of them having the ball. We lost a possession and they gained one that was the difference. We didn?t play perfect they didn?t either. These games often come down to one possession because both teams are so good. We were robbed of that last possession.

Bulldog1
04-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Exactly! McCowan should've had 40pts with her eyes closed. She was a woman amongst girls and it certainly didn't help that VV absolutely disappeared down the stretch. We choked.

Great post. Have some rep.

starkvegasdawg
04-01-2018, 07:56 PM
So, we deserve to lose every time we don't play perfect?

Not understanding your point. That call cost us the national title.

Not what I said. Yes, that call was horrible and was the final nail in the coffin. My point is that all season we missed a shit ton of shots right at the basket and tonight all of those missed shots allowed a very bad call to cost us the game.

tcdog70
04-01-2018, 08:11 PM
That wasn?t a bad call, there wasn?t clear foul. Bad decision to try to push it.

Awful 3rd quarter and terrible management at the end. Should have taken a quick shot on our last possession to get 2 out of it, shouldn?t have tried to push it after forcing the turnover, and should have fouled with 3 seconds left and 2 fouls to give. No excuses for those decisions.

Bull shit

MarketingBully
04-01-2018, 08:18 PM

It was a foul. She pushed her down and then smiled afterwords thinking the whistle was on her.

tcdog70
04-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Great post. Have some rep.

What? You have to give her the ball . We decided to pass the ball around the horn. While Vic had Tory running the baseline. Give her the ball set her a pic and let her shoot. We didn't we lost. But don't say she disappeared.

Bulldog1
04-01-2018, 09:20 PM
What? You have to give her the ball . We decided to pass the ball around the horn. While Vic had Tory running the baseline. Give her the ball set her a pic and let her shoot. We didn't we lost. But don't say she disappeared.

Vivians had 4 points in 4Q, all coming in the first 1 minute and 57 seconds of the quarter. She never shot again the rest of the game.

ChillOutDog
04-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Vivians had 4 points in 4Q, all coming in the first 1 minute and 57 seconds of the quarter. She never shot again the rest of the game.

This

tcdog70
04-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Did you not watch the game. The play Vic wanted was run the clock then throw it in to T. The Play wasn't give it to Tory and let Her win it.

Coach007
04-01-2018, 10:06 PM

None of that matters.

In the end we made the stop we needed. There is no way you can disagree with that. We made that stop. At that point a no call changed that stop.

That's what matters.

smootness
04-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Litterelly the only people I have seen that say that wasn't a foul are Notre Dame people and supposed MSU people. Ya know, it's not cool to try so hard to be objective that you no longer are. Twitter is blowing up on it.....and it nearly all in our favor. Even Barret freaking Salee says we were robbed.

I’m not trying so hard to be objective. If I see something that the refs blow and it costs us a game, I’ll say it (see the Missouri men’s game). I think State fans will be in agreement when I say Barrett Sallee is capable of being wrong.

I didn’t see a clear foul. Could they have called something? Sure. But two things:
1. The ball was knocked away before any contact occurred. So if you call it on some contact after, meh.
2. That call does NOT change the outcome of the game. We still lose by 1 even if we hit both FTs.

tcdog70
04-02-2018, 10:05 AM
I?m not trying so hard to be objective. If I see something that the refs blow and it costs us a game, I?ll say it (see the Missouri men?s game). I think State fans will be in agreement when I say Barrett Sallee is capable of being wrong.

I didn?t see a clear foul. Could they have called something? Sure. But two things:
1. The ball was knocked away before any contact occurred. So if you call it on some contact after, meh.
2. That call does NOT change the outcome of the game. We still lose by 1 even if we hit both FTs.

ARE YOU DRUNK?

smootness
04-02-2018, 10:21 AM
We can argue over whether it's a foul all day. Do they call that at any other point in the game? Probably. Are they going to call that in that situation? Eh. Refs always call differently at the end of games. It's part of what makes basketball refs so bad. But it's pretty consistent.

Regardless, though, they made a 3 at the end. And they would have been able to get a shot at least that good just about no matter what. So you can sit here and just be mad about the no-call if you want. But that's not gonna do anybody any good. They missed some going our way, too. They could have no-called the McCowan foul, and that would have been bad for us.

But they hit the shot to win it, and if that 3 goes in, it doesn't matter if we're up 1 or 2 before it. We still lose. William should have called a timeout or slowed it down instead of forcing it to Vivians, and we should have fouled them at least once at the end.

RocketCityDawg
04-02-2018, 10:58 AM
We can argue over whether it's a foul all day. Do they call that at any other point in the game? Probably. Are they going to call that in that situation? Eh. Refs always call differently at the end of games. It's part of what makes basketball refs so bad. But it's pretty consistent.

Regardless, though, they made a 3 at the end. And they would have been able to get a shot at least that good just about no matter what. So you can sit here and just be mad about the no-call if you want. But that's not gonna do anybody any good. They missed some going our way, too. They could have no-called the McCowan foul, and that would have been bad for us.

But they hit the shot to win it, and if that 3 goes in, it doesn't matter if we're up 1 or 2 before it. We still lose. William should have called a timeout or slowed it down instead of forcing it to Vivians, and we should have fouled them at least once at the end.

Here's the thing. If the foul is called, everything changes. Mo is at the line with probably 4 seconds left. We don't know that she makes her FT's, but we DO KNOW that things wouldn't have played out exactly as they did.

If Mo misses the FT's, they have to go the length of the court.....That's different.
If Mo makes both, they call TO and advance the ball. But in this case, T is still in the game so Blair doesn't drop down to double the inside girl. Actually, good chance she doubles the girl that made the shot. There's a whole lot of different there too.
There are other combinations of things that could have happened.....but all are different than what happened with the no call.

I like our chances to win a hell of a lot more with Mo at the line, tied, with 4 secs left. Than, them with the ball out of bounds, tied, with 3 seconds left.

Smoot, to say that wasn't an obvious foul is a terrible take.
To say they would have definitely made that 3 no matter what happened is a terrible take.
Now, to say we should have taken care of business earlier and avoided that situation is not a bad take at all.

It's not an either/or situation to say that we should have taken care of business, and to also say that that missed call cost us a chance to win the game.

smootness
04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
A lot of things, when taken in isolation, cost us the win. I prefer to talk about the things we could have controlled instead of the things we can't.

Bulldog1
04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
If Mo misses the FT's, they have to go the length of the court.....That's different.

They would have still called timeout and advanced the ball.

starkvegasdawg
04-02-2018, 11:23 AM
A lot of things, when taken in isolation, cost us the win. I prefer to talk about the things we could have controlled instead of the things we can't.

Like multiple players missing at least 10 shots inside five feet. Hell, Danberry damn near missed the backboard on a layup yesterday.

RocketCityDawg
04-02-2018, 11:30 AM
They would have still called timeout and advanced the ball.

Can you advance it in that situation? I'm not sure, maybe. Things would still be different. T would be in the game, and Blair wouldn't have doubled down low.

Bulldog1
04-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Can you advance it in that situation? I'm not sure, maybe. Things would still be different. T would be in the game, and Blair wouldn't have doubled down low.

In women’s basketball and NBA, calling a timeout in last 2 minutes advances the ball to half court.

RocketCityDawg
04-02-2018, 11:56 AM
In women’s basketball and NBA, calling a timeout in last 2 minutes advances the ball to half court.

Good to know. The situation would have still been different. Also, my money would have been on Mo making the FT's.

Dawg50
04-02-2018, 12:44 PM
We had a foul left to give to send the game to overtime and we let them shoot a 3.