04-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Lots of work to be done because teams are going to pack it in on us

poor timing on this thread

msstate7
04-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Might be pretty easy to sell us to a good shooting senior transfer

Dawgface
04-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Let's get through this game first. Not worried about next year.

maroonmania
04-01-2018, 06:03 PM
True, I've been saying all year that next year we will struggle to hit any perimeter shots but everyone wants to give me grief about it. Danberry can't shoot, Holmes can't shoot, Bibby can't shoot much. McCowan is going to see a LOT of packed in zones next year.

Coach34
04-01-2018, 06:08 PM
It's ok to talk about next season. Stop being a woman

Bully13
04-01-2018, 06:09 PM

stop being a negative nellie while we're trying to wrap up a natty. save it for tomorrow.

just a suggestion.

confucius say
04-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Bwahaha. C34 just cannot resist.

No doubt we lose a lot offensively. But Holmes and Danberry will be the best pair of defensive guards in the country. ND cannot even get in their offense until 8 on shot clock.

confucius say
04-01-2018, 06:14 PM

Of course it is. Just interesting what you choose to point out while neglecting the best center in the game and the best set of defensive guards in the game, as well as the five star from OB who is redshirting.

TALL DAWG
04-01-2018, 06:17 PM

We?ll be ok. When it comes to ladies BB, In Vic We Trust!

Go Lady Dawgs, get this one today!
Hail State!

Coach34
Man you guys get so sensitive.

Of course we return an animal in the middle
We return some really athletic and quick people on D

But what we dont return is 3 point shooting. That is a big concern for next year. Thats what coaches do- worry about chinks in the armor- not focus on the just the strengths

msstate7
Of course it is. Just interesting what you choose to point out while neglecting the best center in the game and the best set of defensive guards in the game, as well as the five star from OB who is redshirting.

We have a RS 5*? Wow, the women game is really different

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Nm

Coach34
04-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Nm

lol- why you remove that comment? Lose your nerve?

dawgoneyall
04-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Lost them 2 days ago.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
lol- why you remove that comment? Lose your nerve?

Congrats being the only MSU fan happy right now.

Coach34
04-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Congrats being the only MSU fan happy right now.

I'm not happy at all- just calling you out. You made a bold statement and then when ND made their run- you edited so you wouldnt look bad. No- we arent the national champions- and we have no 3 point shooting for next year. My post still stands.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-01-2018, 07:47 PM
I'm not happy at all- just calling you out. You made a bold statement and then when ND made their run- you edited so you wouldnt look bad. No- we arent the national champions- and we have no 3 point shooting for next year. My post still stands.

Congrats on being correct with that. Being correct is obviously better than winning.

BTW, how is your football coaching resurgence coming? I was truly rooting for you.

Coach34
04-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Congrats on being correct with that. Being correct is obviously better than winning.

BTW, how is your football coaching resurgence coming? I was truly rooting for you.

its going well- thanks for asking

Lord McBuckethead
04-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Man you guys get so sensitive.

Of course we return an animal in the middle
We return some really athletic and quick people on D

But what we dont return is 3 point shooting. That is a big concern for next year. Thats what coaches do- worry about chinks in the armor- not focus on the just the strengths

Bibby will come out firing next season. Mark it down.

confucius say
04-01-2018, 08:33 PM
We have a RS 5*? Wow, the women game is really different

Yep. It was bc Vic felt like he had six guards ready to go and did not want to waste a year of her career I guess.

tcdog70
04-01-2018, 08:56 PM
The RS 5* is a scorer

bulldawg28
04-01-2018, 08:58 PM

Firing and making are two different things.

yjnkdawg
04-01-2018, 08:59 PM
True, I've been saying all year that next year we will struggle to hit any perimeter shots but everyone wants to give me grief about it. Danberry can't shoot, Holmes can't shoot, Bibby can't shoot much. McCowan is going to see a LOT of packed in zones next year.

Bibby was recruited as a shooter. Danbury was a 5* and the ARK Gatorade Player of the Year, her senior season,, as a point guard. She was also rated in the ESPN top 50 at any position. Bibby. Holmes and Danbury, should get better next year. Vic has a lot of confidence in them.

maroonmania
04-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Bibby was recruited as a shooter. Danbury was a 5* and the ARK Gatorade Player of the Year, her senior season,, as a point guard. She was also rated in the ESPN top 50 at any position. Bibby. Holmes and Danbury, should get better next year. Vic has a lot of confidence in them.

I don't care if Danberry is a 6*, she's a slasher but she can't shoot from the perimeter apparently because she hasn't done it all year. Bibby is sporadic at best. She's off way more than she's on. Holmes never even attempts a perimeter shot. VV is the one player we had that could consistently hit a mid-range jumper and she is now gone.

Dawgology
04-01-2018, 10:54 PM
I’m more concerned with 2019/20 season than 2018/19. Losing T will hurt badly. You saw what happened to us when we pulled her out for three minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter...ND scored at will.

Dawg61
04-02-2018, 01:09 AM
Is the UConn transfer the 5* that's redshirting or does she have to sit out all next year?

Coach34
04-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Is the UConn transfer the 5* that's redshirting or does she have to sit out all next year?

she is out all next year

MrKotter
04-02-2018, 07:21 AM

A drama queen calling someone else a woman. Funny

Dawg61
04-02-2018, 07:26 AM
she is out all next year

Dang. We're gonna have to score on the fastbreak with Danberry's speed or dump it to Tee every offensive possession next year. C34 is correct we have no outside threat next year that we know of right now. Maybe someone will step up and surprise us or an incoming freshman can shoot it. Idk much about our incoming class but we do have a girl that scored like 73 points in a HS game this year I think. She's probably a big though not a 3 point shooter. It's a valid concern.

basedog
04-02-2018, 07:51 AM
It's all about rebuilding, every team in the country does this, it's nothing new, some act like we will fall off the earth in women's basketball. Vic will rebuild, should be fun to watch them grow.

Political Hack
04-02-2018, 01:49 PM
I do worry aboutnoutside shooting next year, but Bibby will be much better when she’s not always coming off the bench cold. She’s not going to be Vivian, but who is? We’ll be better defensively. Worse offensively. We’ll need to be more aggressive in transition. Vic will make the adjustments he needs to. Just have to find 1-2 scorers to step up at the G and F spots. I doubt we challenge for the natty again, but we’ve got a chance to make a run in the sec tourney and NCAA tourney with who we have coming back. We were WAY deeper than Notre Dame.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2018, 01:55 PM
It's all about rebuilding, every team in the country does this, it's nothing new, some act like we will fall off the earth in women's basketball. Vic will rebuild, should be fun to watch them grow.

Exactly. Vic didn't bank on just having one shot to win it all, he's building a program that has a chance every year. Look at the talent he has recruited and has coming in. Vic ain't a one or two shot wonder, it's continued success he's building.

basedog
04-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Exactly. Vic didn't bank on just having one shot to win it all, he's building a program that has a chance every year. Look at the talent he has recruited and has coming in. Vic ain't a one or two shot wonder, it's continued success he's building.

Right on target again! I see your MM pic, I was in Dallas last week, ate lunch at Jaxx Steakhouse in Addison. While there waiter told me about MM use to come in the bar there every day as he lived a few blocks away. While he was waiting on liver donor, he kept drinking, so so sad what he did to himself, no doubt IF he would have taken care of himself he would have been the greatest ever. Played many games drunk or with a hangover!

Commercecomet24
04-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Right on target again! I see your MM pic, I was in Dallas last week, ate lunch at Jaxx Steakhouse in Addison. While there waiter told me about MM use to come in the bar there every day as he lived a few blocks away. While he was waiting on liver donor, he kept drinking, so so sad what he did to himself, no doubt IF he would have taken care of himself he would have been the greatest ever. Played many games drunk or with a hangover!

You know it! The Mick was my first baseball hero. So much talent and so little regard for taking care of his body. I met The Mick once and got to talk to him briefly. Just a super nice, down to earth guy. Shame what he did to himself. IF he would've taken care of himself no telling what records he would've set. Back in the early 90's I saw him in an interview and the guy asked him about his talent compared to modern players and how much Mick would be making if he was playing now. Mick said "Let me just say the owner would be calling me podner!"

basedog
04-02-2018, 03:47 PM
You know it! The Mick was my first baseball hero. So much talent and so little regard for taking care of his body. I met The Mick once and got to talk to him briefly. Just a super nice, down to earth guy. Shame what he did to himself. IF he would've taken care of himself no telling what records he would've set. Back in the early 90's I saw him in an interview and the guy asked him about his talent compared to modern players and how much Mick would be making if he was playing now. Mick said "Let me just say the owner would be calling me podner!"

LOL, the writer told me some funny stories about MM coming into the bar. Great food and a really neat bar! Back in the day Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese on the CBS game of the week which was the Yankees pretty much every Saturday! Most are probably saying who? LOL What a dynasty the Yankees have been!

99jc
04-02-2018, 05:23 PM
34 is right we have no zone buster next season. Unless Daphne White is all American next year we finish about 5th in the SEC.

tcdog70
04-02-2018, 07:20 PM
What y'all are missing is we still have what others don't have A 6'7" player who will be better next year. We will have Danbury and Jazz Both who will guard somebody and have top level speed. We have 5* star PG who is supposedly better than Jazz or Mo. one thing Bibby can do is defend. That 5 players I just named will be a hell of a defensive group. What's wrong with shoot it and let T put it back. Plus we have some really talented Freshmen coming in. Vic will have a plan. Remember Blair and RoJO weren't starting last year. Izzy Allen could be another Blair.

RougeDawg
04-02-2018, 07:34 PM
What y'all are missing is we still have what others don't have A 6'7" player who will be better next year. We will have Danbury and Jazz Both who will guard somebody and have top level speed. We have 5* star PG who is supposedly better than Jazz or Mo. one thing Bibby can do is defend. That 5 players I just named will be a hell of a defensive group. What's wrong with shoot it and let T put it back. Plus we have some really talented Freshmen coming in. Vic will have a plan. Remember Blair and RoJO weren't starting last year. Izzy Allen could be another Blair.

If Blair hadn?t played the last two games we would have a natty. The times she was in the game vs on bench are complete 180?s when it comes to scoring. There was a 30 pt swing last night from her going to bench and coming back in. We went up 15 with her on bench and then they took the lead in 3rd with her in there. I?m not a basketball guy but it was as clear as day that our offense went stagnant with her on the court the last two games. She?s not quick enough for these caliber teams.

basedog
04-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Good points, it will be a rebuild team but our guards are gonna be sick quick and fast. Great defenders also and having A potential first team All American who dominates the glass will be fun. I see much more penetration from our guards which will be better for T.

Coach34
04-02-2018, 08:22 PM
I see teams packing it in and playing alot of zone against us like ND did last night.

pilldawg
04-02-2018, 08:56 PM
I see teams packing it in and playing alot of zone against us like ND did last night.

We took a 15 point lead with Danberry and Holmes in the game. Notre Dame couldn?t breathe. Only scored 3 Pts in the 2nd qtr. We lost the lead when William and Schaefer were back in the game. They weren?t able to defend on the same level. Schaefer dropped the ball by playing one of his best 3 point shooters.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Maybe I've been camped out on another planet, but I didn't realize until last week that Jazzmun Holmes was Tim Nelson's daughter.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-02-2018, 09:14 PM
And C34 is correct. With Blair, Ro, Morgan, and Victoria all on the floor, teams had to defend at the three point line. That opened up the inside for McCowan. Next year, teams will pack the inside and dare us to shoot the 3. Who can shoot it and make it?

basedog
04-02-2018, 09:30 PM
You can still attack zones with guards as quick as Holmes and Danbury. Not only with T grabbing rebounds I see a lot more open court fast breaks. We want run the same offense with 4 guards next year. You don't have to have 3 or 4 3 point shooters as Mo and Vivian were good driving. Holmes and Danbury have that although VV has a more complete game. Blair and to some extinct Johnson were more spot shooter, again we will run a different set offense next year. Also no telling who might step up next year.

Don't think for a moment Big T want be a major factor. We will be better on D.

Irondawg
04-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Danberry got inside the zone at will in the ND game. Problem was once she was there most of the time she had no idea what to do. Some really ugly shot attempts on some of the drives. She's just got to learn how to get under control in there and find a 8 foot jumper like Viv did this year

Pit Bull
04-03-2018, 03:05 AM
I think with what we return next year, we will be good, but not great. Probably have 4-5 losses going into the SEC Tourney and we should make the Dance. But, we wont go as deep.....maybe get to the Sweet 16 and that's about it.

Pit Bull
04-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Bibby has nice form on her shot. Like boys form. I too think once she gets confidence in her shot, she will be very effective. And have you ever noticed Bibby is listed at 6'1" but when she stands next to VV, who is also listed at 6'1", she always appears about 2" taller than Victoria. BTW, let's hope in January that our UCONN transfer can light it up like VV....think her name is Espinoza??....think she is 5'11". We need bigger guards who can drill the 3s.

smootness
04-03-2018, 08:16 AM
We’ll be more like we were 2 years ago...phenomenal on D, will struggle at times offensively.

tcdog70
04-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Bibby has nice form on her shot. Like boys form. I too think once she gets confidence in her shot, she will be very effective. And have you ever noticed Bibby is listed at 6'1" but when she stands next to VV, who is also listed at 6'1", she always appears about 2" taller than Victoria. BTW, let's hope in January that our UCONN transfer can light it up like VV....think her name is Espinoza??....think she is 5'11". We need bigger guards who can drill the 3s.

I HEARD SHE WON'T PLAY TILL THE NEXT YEAR. SHE DIDN'T GET ENROLLED IN TIME FOR JAN.

Dawg61
04-03-2018, 08:31 AM
I've noticed the form to be poor from a couple of the ladies. They shoot with the ball above their head. They need to lower the launch angle more to eye level or below eye level and create more arc on their shots. Bibby shoots line drives. Her footwork is nice but outside of that her form is poor imo.

basedog
04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
I've noticed the form to be poor from a couple of the ladies. They shoot with the ball above their head. They need to lower the launch angle more to eye level or below eye level and create more arc on their shots. Bibby shoots line drives. Her footwork is nice but outside of that her form is poor imo.

LOL that is all.

confucius say
04-03-2018, 10:18 AM
34 is right we have no zone buster next season. Unless Daphne White is all American next year we finish about 5th in the SEC.

I?ll take that bet. White will not be an all American and we will finish top 4 in sec.

tcdog70
04-03-2018, 10:35 AM
I think that our 5* redshirt could be a A&M Carter-like player. She is pretty special. Look we actually played better with Danberry and Jazz in the lineup than Mo and Blair against ND. Bibby will improve from freshman bench to Soph Starter and will help Big T defend down low, She is more physical than Tory.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-03-2018, 01:02 PM

She is appealing to play in January

Coach34
04-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Look we actually played better with Danberry and Jazz in the lineup than Mo and Blair against ND.

Danberry played better D and did break down the D some- but she still couldnt score. Danberry was 1/5 from the field and 0/2 from the FT line while Blair was 2/5 with 6 points. Hard to say we played better there. Its a wash.

Holmes clammed up in the postseason and stopped shooting the ball. ND just sagged cause they knew she wouldnt shoot. She played good D but didnt help on the offensive end- and thats where we lost the game. 28 points in the 2nd half.

confucius say
04-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Danberry played better D and did break down the D some- but she still couldnt score. Danberry was 1/5 from the field and 0/2 from the FT line while Blair was 2/5 with 6 points. Hard to say we played better there. Its a wash.

Holmes clammed up in the postseason and stopped shooting the ball. ND just sagged cause they knew she wouldnt shoot. She played good D but didnt help on the offensive end- and thats where we lost the game. 28 points in the 2nd half.

And the 30 in the first half. If we just shoot our average it?s 40-17 instead of 30-17.

basedog
04-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Offense sells tickets Defense wins games. We talk about lack of offense especially the second half, but we were just as bad defending and gave up many easy baskets. Dansbury will be much improved on offense, not as a 3 shooter, but she has ability to drive and she can knock down jump shots.

We lost because of several factors.

99jc
04-03-2018, 01:47 PM
I?ll take that bet. White will not be an all American and we will finish top 4 in sec.

I hope your right.

Tbonewannabe
04-03-2018, 02:49 PM

None of the girls was very aggressive shooting the ball unless it was a heave at the end of the shot clock. We basically put the entire offense on T's shoulders and the refs were letting the defense bang on her pretty good. Vic should have realized a lot sooner that the refs weren't going to give the ND post players fouls unless it was extremely obvious. There was several times that Morgan and Ro had good looks but passed them up. No one really drove the lane which could possibly collapse the zone. The refs calling it tight in the 3rd put us back on our heels and we didn't ever really recover.