PDA

View Full Version : Why Tonight Is Important.....

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Happy Easter

Here are the reasons tonight is important to not just MSU but to the State of Mississippi.

1. Never before has a team sport from Mississippi won a legitimate national title (AP or Coaches poll)

2. A rising tide lifts all ships. Lots of young women and boys have become MSU fans over the past few years due to this Womens basketball team. In the long run, that helps every sport as more young people have grown up MSU fans and see the school as the pride of Mississippi

3. The State of Mississippi doesn?t have a ton of points of pride thoughout it?s history. Tonight could give them one. Again, a rising tide and success lifts all ships.

4. A victory tonight further expands MSU?s national brand and builds in the reputation of MSU as a place where that wins. That helps everything.

5. Winning in teams sports helps other sports sell championships in recruing.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Happy Easter

Here are the reasons tonight is important to not just MSU but to the State of Mississippi.

1. Never before has a team sport from Mississippi won a legitimate national title (AP or Coaches poll)

2. A rising tide lifts all ships. Lots of young women and boys have become MSU fans over the past few years due to this Womens basketball team. In the long run, that helps every sport as more young people have grown up MSU fans and see the school as the pride of Mississippi

3. The State of Mississippi doesn?t have a ton of points of pride thoughout it?s history. Tonight could give them one. Again, a rising tide and success lifts all ships.

4. A victory tonight further expands MSU?s national brand and builds in the reputation of MSU as a place where that wins. That helps everything.

The W won a Natty in Women's basketball. Delta State won three in a row. This was before the NCAA included women's sports. The W and Delta State played in the top division of women's sports back then.

AROB44
04-01-2018, 01:06 PM
I am so happy you pointed out why tonight's game is so important. I would have never figured it out otherwise. Just thought it was another basketball 🏀 game.

ShotgunDawg
04-01-2018, 01:44 PM
The W won a Natty in Women's basketball. Delta State won three in a row. This was before the NCAA included women's sports. The W and Delta State played in the top division of women's sports back then.

Yeah, I meant D1. I thought that went without explanation

smootness
04-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Tonight isn’t important because it’s the national championship game.

RougeDawg
04-01-2018, 02:59 PM
I am so happy you pointed out why tonight's game is so important. I would have never figured it out otherwise. Just thought it was another basketball 🏀 game.

Dickhead alert^^^^^^^

fader2103
04-01-2018, 03:22 PM
Dickhead alert^^^^^^^

^^^^^ speaks the truth

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 03:24 PM
A National Championship would change our athletic department completely. It would absolutely be huge for us. It's things like that which change attitudes of fans in a more positive championship direction.

preachermatt83
04-01-2018, 03:26 PM
A National Championship would change our athletic department completely. It would absolutely be huge for us. It's things like that which change attitudes of fans in a more positive championship direction.

Absolutely correct

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I meant D1. I thought that went without explanation

That was D1.

Todd4State
04-01-2018, 03:33 PM
That was D1.

But it wasn't at a time when Women's College Basketball was as relevant as it is today. I think they won theirs before ESPN started.

The Federalist Engineer
04-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Happy Easter

I agreee with everything you said, Mississippi is like the Bolivia of the 50 states - we need a pristine piece of excellence to inspire us

MarketingBully
04-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Yep, it also would be good just to break through on one of these things. Makes you wish Cohen had pitched Graveman first and we wouldn’t of swung at all those high fastballs in the 2013 baseball championship series. We are 0-2 in these things recently. Need this one to breakthrough.

The Federalist Engineer
04-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Yep, it also would be good just to break through on one of these things. Makes you wish Cohen had pitched Graveman first and we wouldn’t of swung at all those high fastballs in the 2013 baseball championship series. We are 0-2 in these things recently. Need this one to breakthrough.

Anybody except Fitts. Anybody. Holder, Girodo, or Ross Mitchell could have started and the adrenaline would have carried them 9 shutout innings of that garbage UCLA hitting

Trevor had only pictched 27 mediocre innings, shaky as heck, and inspired zero confidence

This was the worst decision Cohen ever made, outside of batting Humphries vs Dalbec, and benching Cody Brown in 2016