PDA

View Full Version : VV: Mt Rushmore of MSU

confucius say
04-01-2018, 09:16 AM
If we win today, does she become one of the top 4 ever to play at MSU in any sport and make the Mt Rushmore?

Multiple time Gillom trophy winner
Multiple time all sec
First team all American
Sweet 16, final 2, and natty
Second all time scorer
Chose to stay home and come here when program was nothing.

Im not sure who she would replace (Howell, Clark, raffy, dak?), but I think she makes a good case.

Mutt the Hoople
04-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Certainly better looking than any of those guys.

Pit Bull
04-01-2018, 10:16 AM
Can you imagine if LaToya Thomas was on our team this year! Wow!!

QuadrupleOption
04-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Hmm.

DD Lewis, Dak Prescott, Erick Dampier, LaToya Thomas, Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro, and a host of folks I'm forgetting about.

She's a great player on a great team. Let's not rush to canonize her just yet though.

Cooterpoot
04-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Hell, I’d retire every starter’s number when they win.

basedog
04-01-2018, 11:31 AM
If we win she has to go to the top of the list, never have we had a National Championship, she is elite!

AlmostPositive
04-01-2018, 11:59 AM
She is definitely at the top of MSU women's basketball with Latoya Thomas. If she wills the team to a victory today, she could well make Top Five overall.

tireddawg
04-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Hmm.

DD Lewis, Dak Prescott, Erick Dampier, LaToya Thomas, Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro, and a host of folks I'm forgetting about.

She's a great player on a great team. Let's not rush to canonize her just yet though.

Yet? We're not talking about a Freshman. I don't think she's above reproach, but she's def of great significance. What more does she have to do, except win a natty? She's def one of the greatest, no matter the sport or gender.

Lord McBuckethead
04-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Hell, I’d retire every starter’s number when they win.

Bingo. I would too.

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Can you imagine if LaToya Thomas was on our team this year! Wow!!

Had that same conversation with someone this week. I think most forget that we've had great players before Vivians. She's just more recognizable because of the success. As much as I respect what she's done for the program, I'd take Tan White or LaToya Thomas over Vivians any day of the week.

sleepy dawg
04-01-2018, 03:41 PM
I'd have her #1 on that list hands down.

QuadrupleOption
04-01-2018, 04:32 PM
Yet? We're not talking about a Freshman. I don't think she's above reproach, but she's def of great significance. What more does she have to do, except win a natty? She's def one of the greatest, no matter the sport or gender.

VV is a great player and one of the best we've ever had.

But best ever? In any sport? That's a tall order.

Y'all are acting like she's the only person on the team that's done anything. I'd argue that McCowan has been just as, if not more, important to our post-season success.

Sweet T's in the process of shattering the rebounding record for the Women's NCAA tournament. And she's averaging .2 more scoring per game than Vivians doing it. (To be fair, VV has outscored McCowan in every game but the NC State game.)

AlmostPositive
04-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Sweet T's in the process of shattering the rebounding record for the Women's NCAA tournament.

She's not shattering it... she's doing whatever's after "shattering" in the break/shatter/whatever progression. Maybe annihilating. She's set to exceed the old total by around forty. Sort of like knocking 4 seconds off a world-record 100-meter dash.

confucius say
04-01-2018, 06:03 PM
VV is a great player and one of the best we've ever had.

But best ever? In any sport? That's a tall order.

Y'all are acting like she's the only person on the team that's done anything. I'd argue that McCowan has been just as, if not more, important to our post-season success.

Sweet T's in the process of shattering the rebounding record for the Women's NCAA tournament. And she's averaging .2 more scoring per game than Vivians doing it. (To be fair, VV has outscored McCowan in every game but the NC State game.)

Vv is not the best player ever. That?s not the question though. Talent, records, awards, accomplishments, a natty if we win today. Nobody else in the history of our university has that.