PDA

View Full Version : My fairly quick thoughts on last night...

CadaverDawg
10-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Damn, for 3 quarters we played LSU toe to toe and looked really good offensively. As it's been stated repeatedly, we were just WAY overmatched in the WR/DB category. I am really hoping Redmond is game ready, because we need him at corner and Cox at safety ASAP. Me and msstate7 called the Nickoe disaster early last week, and he cost us big time last night. Between missing tackles and being slow and out of position...our DB's never had safety help. I disagree with msstate7 on one thing though....Shumpert does not need to get a look at safety. We need speed in our secondary right now and Shumpert is no faster than Dee....We Need Speed back there bc we look really slow and lack closing speed. Hopefully the addition of Redmond, and being able to put a speedy Cox back there with one of our bruisers will help us in that regard. Does anyone know for sure if our coaches are even considering this? If I had to guess, due to Seniority Nickoe will start until he graduates even if he's killing us.

I'm not that pissed at Mullen today. Our offense is making strides every week. My biggest disappointment is that the team quit and allowed LSU to run it down our throats on those last two drives to make it look like a big blowout when it wasn't. We should have played for pride there and didn't...and I hate that attitude.

We were within a TD going into the 4th, and should have been within a FG if we had a kicker worth a shit. That's all I was hoping for was a shot against that team as badly as we were overmatched in our secondary. I'm not a "moral victory" guy especially after a scoreboard BeatDown, but that game wasn't nearly as bad as the score indicated. Once bell missed, they exploited our DB's again, and then Dak got a little too excited and threw the pick...it was ball game within seconds.

I see winnable games against BG, UK, USC, ARK, and OM....but I still think we lose the 2 road games and win 5 total. We will end up wishing we hadn't scheduled Oklahoma State, like I've been wishing all along. Some will disagree about it, but since we all know Dan will be here next year regardless, and we all want a bowl game, why would you possibly schedule that game when you look at what we have already played this year and what we have ahead of us? Dumb, dumb, move. Maybe we'll surprise somebody and win 6 though....that is what we really need to be cheering for right now. We need to keep the streak alive, and it will be a major accomplishment at this point if we do. If we make a bowl game, nobody on here should be worried about firing Mullen, because it will take a great coaching job from this point forward to get it done.

No let downs over the next two weeks. Need good crowds and 2 wins to get back that confidence before playing some heavyweights. I was very proud of the crowd last night. It was actually a pretty intimidating sight to see, and it will only get better with the expansion.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I agree. I want Shumpert to focus on RB since that is what he will be even if he sits out the rest of the year. Making him learn another position is equally as wasteful as him sitting on the bench in my opinion.

MarketingBully01
10-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree with this assessment after sleeping on it. Even the ESPN announcer was saying we weren't a bad football team but a good one. Let's just hope that beat down didn't affect the psyche of the team and those injuries aren't serious that we got in the LSU game. I still say 6-6 is doable. We won't face an offense that good until A&M and hopefully then our young secondary will have grown up a little bit more.