PDA

View Full Version : Will Clark for head baseball coach...

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 12:44 PM
I am not even joking. Bring back the Thrill in our baseball program. He'll kill it in recruiting. He'll kill it in developing hitters. He'll demand respect from everyone. He knows enough good pitching coaches to get a great one along with staff. He has tons of ties with MLB teams. He's just awesome period and one of my all-time favorite baseball players. Make it happen Cohen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZokxKCUQAAi2he.jpg

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 12:52 PM
No

AROB44
03-31-2018, 12:53 PM
You are certifiable nuts. But, with 19,000+ posts, I guess this makes you a genius on this board.

shoeless joe
03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Unless he can coach from the LFL while drinkin a coors I doubt he'd be interested

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 01:02 PM
You obviously don't know much about Will, he is the least likely candidate to ever be a head coach at any level much less run an SEC program.

msstate7
03-31-2018, 01:38 PM
An mlb team can get away with hiring a manager that is inexperienced bc of the tremendous resources they have access to. (I.e. the new analytics departments mlb teams have). A college baseball coach has very little resources, and must know what they are doing

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 02:15 PM
An mlb team can get away with hiring a manager that is inexperienced bc of the tremendous resources they have access to. (I.e. the new analytics departments mlb teams have). A college baseball coach has very little resources, and must know what they are doing

Clark understands baseball and what type of players it takes to win. He's been involved in baseball his entire life.

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Clark understands baseball and what type of players it takes to win. He's been involved in baseball his entire life.

So what, there are 100's of guys more cut out for our position that are a better fit than Will.

basedog
03-31-2018, 02:41 PM
I am not even joking. Bring back the Thrill in our baseball program. He'll kill it in recruiting. He'll kill it in developing hitters. He'll demand respect from everyone. He knows enough good pitching coaches to get a great one along with staff. He has tons of ties with MLB teams. He's just awesome period and one of my all-time favorite baseball players. Make it happen Cohen.

Dang 61.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2018, 02:47 PM
Ugh, no.

BeardoMSU
03-31-2018, 02:59 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

AlmostPositive
03-31-2018, 03:26 PM
The ongoing quest for attention, via the most dubious post possible, continues. Congratulations on being noticed.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 03:31 PM
The ongoing quest for attention, via the most dubious post possible, continues. Congratulations on being noticed.

You jealous hun? Like I'm the only State fan that has thought of bringing Will Clark in to coach. It's a popular thought. It deserves a thread.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 03:48 PM

The Cardinals fans disagree with this. Mike Matheny sucks.

basedog
03-31-2018, 03:53 PM
You jealous hun? Like I'm the only State fan that has thought of bringing Will Clark in to coach. It's a popular thought. It deserves a thread.

Where did you even give this a thought or better yet show me your resources cause that is the biggest fake news of the day 61!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's a popular thought. It deserves a thread".

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 03:53 PM

The difference is in college baseball you have to be able to recruit and you have to be able to beat the draft some. Skip Bertman is a great example. I don't think he was that good of a technical baseball coach- I think Polk was MUCH better from a fundamental standpoint IMO. But Bertman won because he knew how to beat the system so to speak by roilding up his hitters and playing beer league softball while getting some big hard throwing Louisiana kids who love LSU like Ben McDonald and throwing their arms off.

Obviously it's different now because there is more emphasis on scouting and getting guys through the draft.

We have no idea how Will Clark would recruit- but I would suspect he would need at least two assistants that are elite at recruiting. I'm also not sure how Clark's personality would go over with recruits- especially ones from Mississippi who go to church every Sunday and aren't around Cajuns very often.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 03:57 PM
On top of that I think hiring Clark would have a VERY BIG chance of blowing up in our face- and at a time where we are finally making peace with Ron Polk. It would be one of THE LAST things MSU baseball needs.

MSU needs to start making elite decisions with their baseball program instead of nostalgic ones. Making nostalgic moves like bringing Polk back is A BIG reason why we have been underachieving the past 20 years. It has also greatly limited moving the program forward too.

Cohen knows the formula that we need to follow- he needs to hire someone that fits that formula.

sleepy dawg
03-31-2018, 04:13 PM

I doubt it. He's probably amazed you could be serious, like the rest of us. Your post hardly warrants a serious response.

Just b/c a guy was a great player for a program doesn't mean he will automatically be a great coach, and especially won't make him a good recruiter. Great recruiters aren't great recruiters b/c they played pro ball. It may be a selling point, but great salesmen who work relentlessly to sell make great recruiters. At best, Clark would be equivelant to the end of the Polk era... someone who tries to get by on reputation alone. It doesn't and won't work. This is the type of move shitty programs make.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:22 PM
Wow.... what an ignorant, awful idea that has been proposed here, which is honestly an insult to those who have spent years gaining experience at guessing how good a 14 or 15 year old will be at baseball between the ages of 18-22.

Read more, post less

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:24 PM
I doubt it. He's probably amazed you could be serious, like the rest of us. Your post hardly warrants a serious response.

Just b/c a guy was a great player for a program doesn't mean he will automatically be a great coach, and especially won't make him a good recruiter. Great recruiters aren't great recruiters b/c they played pro ball. It may be a selling point, but great salesmen who work relentlessly to sell make great recruiters. At best, Clark would be equivelant to the end of the Polk era... someone who tries to get by on reputation alone. It doesn't and won't work. This is the type of move shitty programs make.

Baseball recruiting actually has less to do with sales and more to do with actual evaluation skills.

The problem in baseball evaluation is that often the best 14 & 15 year olds won?t be the best 18-22 year olds. Projecting on bodies, velocity, power, and mechanical adjustments take years of practice to be adequate.

Playing has nothing to do with developing this skill except for possibly giving you a gut feel or other players to compare players to.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 04:28 PM
The difference is in college baseball you have to be able to recruit and you have to be able to beat the draft some. Skip Bertman is a great example. I don't think he was that good of a technical baseball coach- I think Polk was MUCH better from a fundamental standpoint IMO. But Bertman won because he knew how to beat the system so to speak by roilding up his hitters and playing beer league softball while getting some big hard throwing Louisiana kids who love LSU like Ben McDonald and throwing their arms off.

Obviously it's different now because there is more emphasis on scouting and getting guys through the draft.

We have no idea how Will Clark would recruit- but I would suspect he would need at least two assistants that are elite at recruiting. I'm also not sure how Clark's personality would go over with recruits- especially ones from Mississippi who go to church every Sunday and aren't around Cajuns very often.

We don't need to be recruiting the same type players we're trotting out right now. Thought that was obvious by now. Spare me the Sunday church speech. Last I heard half you guys thought everyone on the team has a cocaine problem now you wanna act like they're a bunch of church goers. Yea right. Respond without typing books please.

MrKotter
03-31-2018, 04:30 PM

I hope you are the only State fan who thinks hiring him is a good idea.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Wow.... what an ignorant, awful idea that has been proposed here, which is honestly an insult to those who have spent years gaining experience at guessing how good a 14 or 15 year old will be at baseball between the ages of 18-22.

Read more, post less

Bookmark this post Shotgun. This is where you went wrong on this board.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Bookmark this post Shotgun. This is where you went wrong on this board.

I’ll make note.

Don’t take it personal. You’re not dumb. You just had a poor idea based on a lack of knowledge.

starkvegasdawg
03-31-2018, 04:39 PM
He got his dick knocked in the dirt on two boards for this idea.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 04:43 PM
He got his dick knocked in the dirt on two boards for this idea.

None of which bothered me. It's a discussion that needs to happen. Obviously whoever is making decisions for our baseball program needs some help. This shit is atrocious

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 04:44 PM
Baseball recruiting actually has less to do with sales and more to do with actual evaluation skills.

The problem in baseball evaluation is that often the best 14 & 15 year olds won?t be the best 18-22 year olds. Projecting on bodies, velocity, power, and mechanical adjustments take years of practice to be adequate.

Playing has nothing to do with developing this skill except for possibly giving you a gut feel or other players to compare players to.

THIS^^^^

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:46 PM
None of which bothered me. It's a discussion that needs to happen. Obviously whoever is making decisions for our baseball program needs some help. This shit is atrocious

Agree on your last point. We can all agree there.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 04:47 PM

Stop recruiting 14 year olds dude. How much evidence do you need before you realize that's a dipshit way to recruit?

Bully13
03-31-2018, 04:48 PM

not sure how "needed" it really was.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Stop recruiting 14 year olds dude. How much evidence do you need before you realize that's a dipshit way to recruit?

oh, so you just wait until midway thru their Sr. to send them a letter and invite them to camp and we'll consider letting you play in our glorious new park after we evaluate you?

kinda sounds a little Polkish to me.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 04:51 PM
We don't need to be recruiting the same type players we're trotting out right now. Thought that was obvious by now. Spare me the Sunday church speech. Last I heard half you guys thought everyone on the team has a cocaine problem now you wanna act like they're a bunch of church goers. Yea right. Respond without typing books please.

Get back to me when these players are juniors and tell me if they aren't the right "type" of player we should be trotting out now. Like the guys on the 2015 team that won the SEC Championship in 2016 weren't the right "type" of players either. Nevermind the fact that a lot of our problem has much much more to do with the coaching situation than the actual talent of our players who are mostly freshmen.

And no we don't need USM level "dirtbags" that are C-USA talents trying to win the SEC. We need players that are Florida and Vanderbilt level talents to win a National Title.

You're basing your thoughts irrationally over a shit situation in the dugout that is mostly out of our control and our player's control just right at the time where we are actually starting to recruit at an elite level. And wanting to go back to what wasn't working because of bad SHORT TERM situation that is going to be corrected in the offseason only makes the actual problem worse.

I'm sorry you can't see that and I hope that is short enough and dumbed down enough for your limited attention span.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:51 PM

Or... hire a coach that CAN evaluate them and go smoke everyone’s ass.

Flipping commits doesn’t happen often in baseball, in part due to demographic reasons, so if you don’t recruit them early, you don’t get good players.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 04:54 PM

When every other team in America that is legit realizes that it's a "dipshit" way to recruit. The problem is if you don't start recruiting kids at that age you miss them when they're 17-18 and by that time your competitors have the advantage. You may not like it- but that's what we HAVE TO do to be successful at the level we want to be. That's why everyone is doing it- because some of them DO pan out believe it or not. But like Shotgun said you have to be able to evaluate and project that which is not easy to do.

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 04:56 PM
When every other team in America that is legit realizes that it's a "dipshit" way to recruit. The problem is if you don't start recruiting kids at that age you miss them when they're 17-18 and by that time your competitors have the advantage. You may not like it- but that's what we HAVE TO do to be successful at the level we want to be. That's why everyone is doing it- because some of them DO pan out believe it or not. But like Shotgun said you have to be able to evaluate and project that which is not easy to do.

Baseball is the hardest sport on the planet to evaluate. The more everyone respects that, the easier it is to understand the type of expertise we need to build our program.

Why is baseball the hardest to evaluate?

Because of the lack of factual measurables that matter.

In other sports, height, weight, and speed significantly reduces the talent pool and variable outcomes. Whereas baseball evaluation is a subjective based process in which the usability of a skill is being evaluated

BeardoMSU
03-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Pay attention, 61...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOT3Z8NMxU

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 04:59 PM
oh, so you just wait until midway thru their Sr. to send them a letter and invite them to camp and we'll consider letting you play in our glorious new park after we evaluate you?

kinda sounds a little Polkish to me.

Why'd you just skip all the way to midway thru their Sr. year? I didn't say that. I said stop recruiting 14 year olds. That doesn't mean you go all the way to the extreme other side of the argument. Recruit players when they are juniors and seniors. A couple elite ones as sophomores. That's it. Let all the other dumbasses waste their time on little league all-stars. The extra time you have saved you'll be able to land better players and find all the dirtbags all the dumbasses are missing.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 05:08 PM
And no we don't need USM level "dirtbags" that are C-USA talents trying to win the SEC. We need players that are Florida and Vanderbilt level talents to win a National Title.

Dude get it through your damn skull we are nowhere close to being a National Title program. We built a great baseball stadium. That's it. If Kansas State builds the greatest football stadium in the country it doesn't mean their fans should all start expecting national titles. WE AREN'T A NATIONAL TITLE WORTHY PROGRAM. We need to go through a decade straight at least of DIRTBAG baseball before we can begin to be that type of program you think we are right now.

I hope that is short enough and dumbed down enough for your limited attention span.

I hope this is blunt enough for you. Nobody on this board besides yourself wants to read books from you while you're masturbating to your phony baseball knowledge. Learn to spit on your ego some dude.

basedog
03-31-2018, 05:11 PM
61, you just need to let this go and live for another day. I could explain say some recruits for the class of 2020 and maybe I will one day. As Mr Wonderful would say "Stop the madness"!

ShotgunDawg
03-31-2018, 05:14 PM
Dude get it through your damn skull we are nowhere close to being a National Title program. We built a great baseball stadium. That's it. If Kansas State builds the greatest football stadium in the country it doesn't mean their fans should all start expecting national titles. WE AREN'T A NATIONAL TITLE WORTHY PROGRAM. We need to go through a decade straight at least of DIRTBAG baseball before we can begin to be that type of program you think we are right now.

I hope this is blunt enough for you. Nobody on this board besides yourself wants to read books from you while you're masturbating to your phony baseball knowledge. Learn to spit on your ego some dude.

Damn, I wanted to respond to your All-Star, 14 years of playing baseball comment.

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 05:18 PM

This post alone prove that you know absolutely dick about baseball recruiting now and baseball in general. This is a stupid idea I’m done with this now no need to say more.

Lance Harbor
03-31-2018, 05:19 PM
Well Stated.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 05:22 PM
61, you just need to let this go and live for another day. I could explain say some recruits for the class of 2020 and maybe I will one day. As Mr Wonderful would say "Stop the madness"!

I'm not so sure I do need to let this go. Appears to me our baseball program is in far worse shape than our basketball program was Stansbury's last year and it was hell on earth arguing drastic new changes with the Stansbury clan. Maybe we've got a whole bunch of baseball fans afraid to chime in cause some posters will blast them unless they toe the line so I'll speak on their behalf.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 05:24 PM
This post alone prove that you know absolutely dick about baseball recruiting now and baseball in general. This is a stupid idea I’m done with this now no need to say more.

Guess you're happy with 2-7 SEC records. Recruit 14 year olds you get 14 year olds baseball.

basedog
03-31-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm not so sure I do need to let this go. Appears to me our baseball program is in far worse shape than our basketball program was Stansbury's last year and it was hell on earth arguing drastic new changes with the Stansbury clan. Maybe we've got a whole bunch of baseball fans afraid to chime in cause some posters will blast them unless they toe the line so I'll speak on their behalf.

You don't know what you are talking about recruiting younger players. I do, not gonna get into the how or why I know but your thoughts are way way off as every Sec team I know are recruiting very young players and staying close to their situation.

As for as our program right now, yes it's a mess but it should or it will get straighten out.

I'm done on this topic. Back hoping Loyola wins today.

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 05:50 PM
Guess you're happy with 2-7 SEC records. Recruit 14 year olds you get 14 year olds baseball.

No but I’m much better than being a dumb fvck and asking for Will to be our coach. Again it’s amazing to me how little the majority of our fan base and you know about baseball. And while your still at it stop and think exactly why we’re 2-7, if you had any clue at all you'd know that this mess isn’t all Cann’s making. But you just aren’t that sharp now are you.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 05:52 PM

better than masturbating to a bakery being forced to shut down due to not wanting to make a certain cake.

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 05:54 PM

Read more, post less

Give the guy a break. He just made an opinionated post. You are the one poster that should never tell anyone anything about posting less

Bully13
03-31-2018, 05:58 PM
Give the guy a break. He just made an opinionated post. You are the one poster that should never tell anyone anything about posting less

but he continued to dig himself into a deeper hole making stupid assed post after another. 61 deserves the ridicule and the ridicule he's receiving right now could not be more deserved.

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Get back to me when these players are juniors and tell me if they aren't the right "type" of player we should be trotting out now. Like the guys on the 2015 team that won the SEC Championship in 2016 weren't the right "type" of players either. Nevermind the fact that a lot of our problem has much much more to do with the coaching situation than the actual talent of our players who are mostly freshmen.

You're basing your thoughts irrationally over a shit situation in the dugout that is mostly out of our control and our player's control just right at the time where we are actually starting to recruit at an elite level. And wanting to go back to what wasn't working because of bad SHORT TERM situation that is going to be corrected in the offseason only makes the actual problem worse.

I'm sorry you can't see that and I hope that is short enough and dumbed down enough for your limited attention span.
While I agree with the point, it's not a good argument. Juco transfers are the reason we won in 2016.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:00 PM
No but I’m much better than being a dumb fvck and asking for Will to be our coach. Again it’s amazing to me how little the majority of our fan base and you know about baseball. And while your still at it stop and think exactly why we’re 2-7, if you had any clue at all you'd know that this mess isn’t all Cann’s making. But you just aren’t that sharp now are you.

Why are you so triggered by Will Clark? I want a coach that'll put an emphasis on hitting and can develop hitters. You think Will Clark can't develop hitters? You think he doesn't have an eye for talented players? Recruiting isn't that hard guys. It's literally just convincing players to play for you. You don't have to swoon over kids that can't even legally drive in Honduras yet to build a top college program. The fact so many of you have swallowed up that dumbass logic is insane. No wonder we suck. Sign 14 year old all-stars and draft risks = last place in SEC.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:02 PM
better than masturbating to a bakery being forced to shut down due to not wanting to make a certain cake.

Looks like you're already bored on the political board trying to bait me back over there. That only took like 4 hours.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:04 PM

Wow. Ironically you have the self-esteem of a 14 year old.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 06:04 PM
Looks like you're already bored on the political board trying to bait me back over there. That only took like 4 hours.

just wanted to inform the main board as to what we are actually dealing with here.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:08 PM
While I agree with the point, it's not a good argument. Juco transfers are the reason we won in 2016.

Hudson, Sexton, Houston, Gridley, Collins, Rooker, Robson, Mangum, Pilkington, and Humphreys were all good players for us. The three JUCO guys that we had in the lineup all started out at D-I schools- Holland, Kruger, and Lowe. Holland was our worst player and would have been benched in favor of Stovall had he not gotten hurt. Kruger finished strong but struggled and was benched for Elih Marrero in the middle of the season. The load was carried by our guys that we developed- especially the starting pitchers. The JUCO guys filled in gaps and helped for sure- but I would say it's amiss to say that they are THE reason we won in 2016.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:08 PM
just wanted to inform the main board as to what we are actually dealing with here.

They can join the political board anytime they like. Just send a PM to ScoobaDawg requesting access and have at least 100 posts. That includes you Liverpool.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Why are you so triggered by Will Clark? I want a coach that'll put an emphasis on hitting and can develop hitters. You think Will Clark can't develop hitters? You think he doesn't have an eye for talented players? Recruiting isn't that hard guys. It's literally just convincing players to play for you. You don't have to swoon over kids that can't even legally drive in Honduras yet to build a top college program. The fact so many of you have swallowed up that dumbass logic is insane. No wonder we suck. Sign 14 year old all-stars and draft risks = last place in SEC.

Somehow the posts just keep getting worse and worse.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:11 PM
Wow. Ironically you have the self-esteem of a 14 year old.

That might be a compliment the way some teenagers are schooling publicly elected adult officials right now but not trying to thread hijack or make this a poli post.

Bothrops

He is awesome, so let's not tarnish his image with a HC job.

Todd4State
Baseball is the hardest sport on the planet to evaluate. The more everyone respects that, the easier it is to understand the type of expertise we need to build our program.

Why is baseball the hardest to evaluate?

Because of the lack of factual measurables that matter.

In other sports, height, weight, and speed significantly reduces the talent pool and variable outcomes. Whereas baseball evaluation is a subjective based process in which the usability of a skill is being evaluated

Exactly. Too many of our fans want a guy that's 6'5" 225 because he's 6'5" 225 because in their head "he looks like" a big leaguer rather than someone that has actual bat speed, hand eye coordination, and good baseball instincts that's built like Tanner Allen.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Somehow the posts just keep getting worse and worse.

Might just be time to drown out your baseball "knowledge" posts you keep wanting to think we're annual natty contenders and should recruit little league all-stars while they're still on the tit.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Exactly. Too many of our fans want a guy that's 6'5" 225 because he's 6'5" 225 because in their head "he looks like" a big leaguer rather than someone that has actual bat speed, hand eye coordination, and good baseball instincts that's built like Tanner Allen.

14 year olds are 5'4 140 lbs

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 06:16 PM

I know Will Clark personally I have known him for over 30 years, Will Clark only cares about Will Clark. You on the other hand are just pissed our baseball team is shat. Again try to figure out why slick, it ain’t all Canns fault.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:19 PM
I know Will Clark personally I have known him for over 30 years, Will Clark only cares about Will Clark. You on the other hand are just pissed our baseball team is shat. Again try to figure out why slick, it ain’t all Canns fault.

Well maybe you shoulda included that in your first response post instead of expecting me to just know that about you already. Already told you why we suck. We recruit 14 year olds and draft risks.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:21 PM
Might just be time to drown out your baseball "knowledge" posts you keep wanting to think we're annual natty contenders and should recruit little league all-stars while they're still on the tit.

Based on what you've written you probably need to get on some Adderall and learn to read my posts. Or you can take it from the other plethora (that's a big word that means a lot) of posters on here that also disagree with you if you don't want to hear the truth from me.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2018, 06:23 PM
You need to give this one up 61. My guess is even Will would laugh at you here. You don't know what you are talking about.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Based on what you've written you probably need to get on some Adderall and learn to read my posts. Or you can take it from the other plethora (that's a big word that means a lot) of posters on here that also disagree with you if you don't want to hear the truth from me.

You've spent years bullying posters into being silent on baseball. I'll speak on their behalf. You need to take a few threads off with baseball. Maybe it'll help others to start speaking up again. We have a total dumpster fire baseball program and it's beyond embarrassing to be showcasing an elite stadium with a little league team playing on it.

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Hudson, Sexton, Houston, Gridley, Collins, Rooker, Robson, Mangum, Pilkington, and Humphreys were all good players for us. The three JUCO guys that we had in the lineup all started out at D-I schools- Holland, Kruger, and Lowe. Holland was our worst player and would have been benched in favor of Stovall had he not gotten hurt. Kruger finished strong but struggled and was benched for Elih Marrero in the middle of the season. The load was carried by our guys that we developed- especially the starting pitchers. The JUCO guys filled in gaps and helped for sure- but I would say it's amiss to say that they are THE reason we won in 2016.
We do not win the sec without Kruger and Lowe...period

Bully13
03-31-2018, 06:44 PM
You've spent years bullying posters into being silent on baseball. I'll speak on their behalf. You need to take a few threads off with baseball. Maybe it'll help others to start speaking up again. We have a total dumpster fire baseball program and it's beyond embarrassing to be showcasing an elite stadium with a little league team playing on it.

you again show that you don't know the definition of "bullying"

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 06:45 PM

You mean like rook and renfroe?

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 06:47 PM

That you raffy??? lol I kid, I kid.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:51 PM

I'm not bullying anyone. You're free to post as much stupid stuff as you would like to. I'm also free to disagree with it.

No one is arguing that we don't have a dumpster fire right now. But advocating for more decisions that are incredibly poor and would make our program even worse is NOT the answer. That includes not recruiting young players and hiring a legend who has zero coaching experience even at the MLB level because he was a MSU legend and you are a fan boy.

And building an elite stadium IS NOT part of the problem. I mean, why would we do something that would actually HELP our program be elite that our fans would also enjoy? Because by MSU Internet logic the team is supposed to somehow "earn the right" to play in a stadium like that but the school isn't supposed to do anything to help them to get there in the meantime? Do you think that we are going to have bad teams for the next 30-40 years or whatever the life of the stadium is? It absolutely blows my mind sometimes at how incredibly short sighted some MSU fans are when it comes to baseball. It's like they live in this little box and the only baseball person that they are going to listen to is Ron Polk who was so brilliant he has zero National Titles himself. But we're wanting to go back to what wasn't working and has been PROVEN to not work because we might get another coach that chases girls around and cheats on his wife again even though he was actually starting to get us in the direction win a National Title.

But I guess it's easier to bitch about how "we're not this program you think we are" when we have people like you that destroy it and want to try to put down the people that know what it takes to win at this level and realize the reality and gravity of what we have. We're not the program we "think" because of people that think like you that were in charge before.

And the crazy thing is- it's so easy to see what we have to do and so obvious- forget baseball Internet rep- it's just common sense that can be seen in only 30 minutes.

So, NO I will not "take a few threads off". And if you think I am bullying you- maybe learn what you are talking about. But I can certainly assure you that I do not "bully" the people that know what they're talking about. Especially when you are coming up with something asinine that will hurt a program that I typically enjoy.

Have a good day!

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:51 PM

Not unless Raffy gave up the dream of still playing

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:56 PM
You mean like rook and renfroe?

No- I mean like Jeff Flagg. Some players are big- but they still have the hand eye coordination and bat speed to make them what they are like Rooker and Renfroe. Some of the best players in the game right now are shorter than 6'0" like Jose Altuve. But our fans wouldn't want him because he's short. Renfroe is only 6'1". Mookie Betts is not that tall either. Andrew McCutcheon.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 06:56 PM
You have no clue what it takes to win at the college level bud. Just cause your dad is associated with the program don't make you Tommy Lasorda. Did you even play high school baseball? Go find Will James in the computer lab he's been waiting to finish the dynasty draft with you. Nice novel too. You're literally incapable of keeping posts short n sweet.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 06:57 PM
We do not win the sec without Kruger and Lowe...period

We didn't win it BECAUSE of them either. It was mainly because we had three legit SEC weekend starters if you had to point to anything. None of whom were JUCO's.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 07:01 PM
You have no clue what it takes to win at the college level bud. Just cause your dad is associated with the program don't make you Tommy Lasorda. Did you even play high school baseball? Go find Will James in the computer lab he's been waiting to finish the dynasty draft with you. Nice novel too. You're literally incapable of keeping posts short n sweet.

I think it may be time for a 61 time out. 2 weeks maybe ? I know that would mean we would no longer have a political board moderator who jerks off to bakeries being shut down, but maybe we could do better in the long run. just a thought.

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 07:02 PM

You obviously have even less. Keep disagreeing with me, MLB scouts, D-I college coaches, and other people who I'm getting my information from because you don't like recruiting 14 year olds. Oh by the way- most Latin players are SIGNED at 16 meaning they are scouted at 15 at the earliest. So, this has been going on for awhile in baseball whether you like it or not.

I'd rather talk baseball with Will James than you- he knows more about it.

The Federalist Engineer
03-31-2018, 07:03 PM
Pretty bad post, damn

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 07:05 PM
I think it may be time for a 61 time out. 2 weeks maybe ? I know that would mean we would no longer have a political board moderator who jerks off to bakeries being shut down, but maybe we could do better in the long run. just a thought.

For what bud? Todd's long winded posts muddy every thread he enters. This board needs me to point it out to him. He's apparently oblivious to everyone else saying something about it.

Coursesuper
03-31-2018, 07:06 PM

I damn sure ain?t Raffy, if my hand’s were that good I?d never have worked on a golf course, that?s for sure.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 07:13 PM
You obviously have even less. Keep disagreeing with me, MLB scouts, D-I college coaches, and other people who I'm getting my information from because you don't like recruiting 14 year olds. Oh by the way- most Latin players are SIGNED at 16 meaning they are scouted at 15 at the earliest. So, this has been going on for awhile in baseball whether you like it or not.

I'd rather talk baseball with Will James than you- he knows more about it.

I appreciate you making an attempt to keep the post limited in size. Thank you. I'll send you rep for that. You still don't get it with scouts scouting 15 year olds so they can draft them. Those are PRO players. We are a college baseball program. We don't need to sign PROs and hope they decide to not be PROs yet. We need to sign good college baseball players and develop them into pros. That is how you build a great college program. You sign 4 years of good college players that you develop some into pros and you have continuous signing classes every year of good college players you never have a floor lower than regionals ever. Stop recruiting like we are a Yankees farm club. We are a university. We need players that will make our college team best as possible. That means signing good COLLEGE players.

Pit Bull
03-31-2018, 07:29 PM

I suppose anyone who has taught Major League Allstars to hit can teach college players to hit. Will was the top 0-2 hitter in the history of MLB. Yes, the history! My only concern would be his effort to recruit. His name would recruit without a doubt, but would he himself want to travel the country to find players. Sure, he can also bring in a top notch recruiter to do that, and then he could close the deal when needed. No question he knows the game and I like the way he approaches everything......AGGRESSIVE. No doubt the talent would start pouring in and there would be no question he would be the boss of Bulldog Baseball. I like it, but not sure he would do it unless he's gotten bored with fishing and hunting.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 07:38 PM
I suppose anyone who has taught Major League Allstars to hit can teach college players to hit. Will was the top 0-2 hitter in the history of MLB. Yes, the history! My only concern would be his effort to recruit. His name would recruit without a doubt, but would he himself want to travel the country to find players. Sure, he can also bring in a top notch recruiter to do that, and then he could close the deal when needed. No question he knows the game and I like the way he approaches everything......AGGRESSIVE. No doubt the talent would start pouring in and there would be no question he would be the boss of Bulldog Baseball. I like it, but not sure he would do it unless he's gotten bored with fishing and hunting.

https://media.giphy.com/media/g9582DNuQppxC/giphy.gif

Todd4State
03-31-2018, 07:41 PM
I appreciate you making an attempt to keep the post limited in size. Thank you. I'll send you rep for that. You still don't get it with scouts scouting 15 year olds so they can draft them. Those are PRO players. We are a college baseball program. We don't need to sign PROs and hope they decide to not be PROs yet. We need to sign good college baseball players and develop them into pros. That is how you build a great college program. You sign 4 years of good college players that you develop some into pros and you have continuous signing classes every year of good college players you never have a floor lower than regionals ever. Stop recruiting like we are a Yankees farm club. We are a university. We need players that will make our college team best as possible. That means signing good COLLEGE players.

No one is saying that we should recruit like the Yankees. We should recruit how Vanderbilt and Florida do. Which if you realized what you are talking about is what everyone else is advocating.

TimberBeast
03-31-2018, 07:52 PM

Exactly, he is easily the worst poster on this board. I think this board is where he has his little bit of power and is his entire world. It?s pretty sad and very obvious.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Exactly, he is easily the worst poster on this board. I think this board is where he has his little bit of power and is his entire world. It?s pretty sad and very obvious.

What's sad is you not even having the grapes to address me when you wanna talk about me.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 08:02 PM

yet he has MOD creds on the political board. let that be a reminder on the managerial skills of the ED board overall.

preachermatt83
03-31-2018, 08:06 PM
Guys, dawg61 has banned me before, although it didn't last, so I'm not here to defend him personally but I'm simply saying he is completely entitled to his opinion and it's not a bad thread. I disagree wth his opinion but that does not make it a bad thread. Give him a break.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Guys, dawg61 has banned me before, although it didn't last, so I'm not here to defend him personally but I'm simply saying he is completely entitled to his opinion and it's not a bad thread. I disagree wth his opinion but that does not make it a bad thread. Give him a break.

17 that. his thread sucked ass and so does the decision of giving this asshole MOD creds. 17 61 and the horse he rode in on.

I seen it dawg
03-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Thread started stupid and devolved into total dumbassedry.