Robert Kimmy:
10 tackles
4 Assists
4 TFL
0 Sacks
1 QB hurry

chef dixon
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM
You don't even need stats to see this. We got the best D lineman in the country this past recruiting year.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2013, 11:37 AM
This isnt even debatable.

AlSwearengen
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
don't worry about stats. Kimdechee will be good, Jones will be extraordinary.

Political Hack
10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Kim D Chee will max out his talent way before CJ does. Unless Kim moves to DT, he's done developing IMO. He's not going to get any better at OM with that DL coach and the way they're running their program. I honestly think there's a bigger chance of him regressing than progressing... a lot like what we've seen with CJ Johnson, Gross, Moncrief, Scott, etc...

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 12:04 PM
It was a BONEHEAD move to go play for a DL coach with virtually no experience coaching DL. He is doing to live off athleticism his whole career and be a mid or late round draft pick. His chances of going undrafted are better than his chances of being a 1st round pick.

He won't be the last guy that ruined himself for some poon.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
It was a BONEHEAD move to go play for a DL coach with virtually no experience coaching DL. He is doing to live off athleticism his whole career and be a mid or late round draft pick. His chances of going undrafted are better than his chances of being a 1st round pick.

I could see Chris Jones progressing very well in our system. We seem to have a reputation of developing defensive players (albeit not to their full potential at times). Let's name off the great defensive players that have come out of TSUN the past few years. 1? Compared to the ones by MSU? Right now, 2 are established in KJ and Pernell. With the possibility for a couple of more to turn into established presences in the defense. So I believe Chris made the better choice for development.

Todd4State
10-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I could see Chris Jones progressing very well in our system. We seem to have a reputation of developing defensive players (albeit not to their full potential at times). Let's name off the great defensive players that have come out of TSUN the past few years. 1? Compared to the ones by MSU? Right now, 2 are established in KJ and Pernell. With the possibility for a couple of more to turn into established presences in the defense. So I believe Chris made the better choice for development.

I hope Quay and Nick James get it together in the eyes of the coaches so that we can move Chris to DE exclusively in the future. I don't know much about the JUCO guy we just got a commitment from, but if he is good, that's a really stout front four in terms of talent.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I hope Quay and Nick James get it together in the eyes of the coaches so that we can move Chris to DE exclusively in the future. I don't know much about the JUCO guy we just got a commitment from, but if he is good, that's a really stout front four in terms of talent.

Agreed. I think we have a very real possibility of having the style of defense we had back in the 90's. Our front 7 has a good possibility of being very good. I hope our secondary having an Super Bowl winning player as a coach will help with recruiting in that area. What kid wouldn't want to learn from a guy who played in the NFL and won the Super Bowl.

Coach 57
10-06-2013, 01:34 PM
We lost last night because of two things defensively. 1) Our DBs couldn't cover their WRs. 2) Our 2nd-3rd level defense couldn't tackle in spots. Our front 4 are incredible (hope Preston is ok) and Chris is a HUGE cog for that. I love this kid's upside! No doubt he is the best DL recruit in the country from this past year. He might even be the greatest DL to EVER wear maroon!

Bothrops
10-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Chris Jones is better but you'll never hear it from espn.

DCdawg
10-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I don't want to upset anybody but let's not forget Patrick Willis did play there. We might have more guys total that are dependable on the defensive side but we don't have any that are as big a star as him. Chris Jones could be that guy though.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't want to upset anybody but let's not forget Patrick Willis did play there. We might have more guys total that are dependable on the defensive side but we don't have any that are as big a star as him. Chris Jones could be that guy though.

That's what I'm saying. OM has Patrick Willis....and that's it...

Diggs
10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Hope ESPN pimps Nkemdiche during the Egg Bowl only to have Chis Jones completely steal the show.

DCdawg
10-06-2013, 03:39 PM
That's what I'm saying. OM has Patrick Willis....and that's it...

And I get that, man, but that's a big name star. While he wasn't developed under Freeze, he is still associated with Ole Miss. Our staff has done great with developing relatively low-ranked recruits. If Chris Jones is an elite talent that can be developed like those guys have been, the guy is the limit.

TheRef
10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
And I get that, man, but that's a big name star. While he wasn't developed under Freeze, he is still associated with Ole Miss. Our staff has done great with developing relatively low-ranked recruits. If Chris Jones is an elite talent that can be developed like those guys have been, the guy is the limit.

I concur...Chris Jones is our best chance to have elite-level NFL prospects.

ChupacabraDawg
10-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Jones is definitely going to be a future first rounder.

hells bells
10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Jones is definitely going to be a future first rounder.

Not to pile on. Chris Jones is simply a bulldozer with Lamborghini type speed. My God how thankful i am State landed him. Just a pleasure to watch.

mic
10-07-2013, 12:01 AM
he will be fun to watch the next 2.5 years...

Dawg61
10-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Nkemdiche is damn good and he's freaking HUGE. I would definitely take him on our DL but Chris Jones is a very special talent. He will be a top 10 1st round pick. The next 4 years will be fun to watch him.

mic
10-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Nkemdiche is damn good and he's freaking HUGE. I would definitely take him on our DL but Chris Jones is a very special talent. He will be a top 10 1st round pick. The next 4 years will be fun to watch him.

If Chris continues to improve at the level he is already playing at now and keeps his head on straight which from all indications he is a great Kid , you better enjoy the rest of this year and the next 2 cause he wont be here for year 4...

FISHDAWG
10-07-2013, 08:41 AM
not sure but I think RK is playing DE ... if so, your stats are comparing a good DE's production to a DT's production which would make those stats even that more impressive