PDA

View Full Version : This is not to flame or be negative

mstatefan91
03-31-2018, 12:39 AM
But stop comparing the men's and women's fan support in basketball..

The women are about to compete for a national championship for the second year in a row while the men have just now made AND done well in the NIT since Stans.

On the winning side, the programs aren't comparable. The women are miles ahead of the men as far as national relevance.. This is not to be down on the men at all.. They are on an upward trajectory and will be in the NCAAT next year, I believe.

Just quit saying, "if you can show up for the women's game then you can for the men's as well."

While I agree on a person to person case, you have to understand that the fans who show up for women's basketball are not the same fans who buy season tickets for men's basketball and don't show up..

Carry on and HailState

BeardoMSU
03-31-2018, 12:52 AM
Good post.

RougeDawg
03-31-2018, 01:13 AM
Men?s tickets cost much more than women?s. This more local people can attend. Less season tickets sold for women?s, meaning more local people can attend a 6 pm week game. Put those two together and add in Winning,
You?ll start putting asses in seats. And experiments like Rick Ray, pour kerosine on an already out of control dumpster fire.

I?m trying to recall which asshats on here jumped all over me when I was saying RR just some need unintelligent in his interviews. If I get bored one day I?ll go back and call you clowns out. He was a joke from the minute he was hired, and it was easy to see.

That?s why it?s taken the men much longer to turn around b

The Federalist Engineer
03-31-2018, 07:04 AM
Women = National powerhouse and prestige

Men = Dudes in baggy shorts that finished middle of pack in SEC basketball

msstate7
03-31-2018, 07:08 AM
And next season when the men are much better than the women, attendance will look much different. We are a fair weather fanbase. If you do not believe me, watch baseball attendance this season

bulldawg28
03-31-2018, 07:12 AM
And next season when the men are much better than the women, attendance will look much different. We are a fair weather fanbase. If you do not believe me, watch baseball attendance this season

Fair weather indeed

Leeshouldveflanked
03-31-2018, 07:21 AM
Two different Fan Bases.

msbulldog
03-31-2018, 07:36 AM
This is Vic's 6th year and Ben's 3rd year, Ben will get us there.

basedog
03-31-2018, 08:19 AM
Plus in women's basketball, IF your wife or girlfriend gets involved then they will drag their "man" to the games. IF momma ain't happy.......life can be tough!*

sleepy dawg
03-31-2018, 09:11 AM
Quit saying there are 2 different fan bases. Which fan base are you apart of? You act like just about every one of us don't follow both. I've watched them both on TV. I've seen them both in person and so have many many others.
If you really believe this, then from now on lets split everybody here into 2 groups. Folks who can comment on men's basketball, and folks who can comment on women's basketball. You have to pick one b/c apparently you can only be a fan of one according to post after post on this board.

mstate7 is the one who has it right. We are fair-weather as it gets. That's the explanation as to why attendance sucks for teams that aren't very good at MSU.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2018, 09:38 AM
Quit saying there are 2 different fan bases. Which fan base are you apart of? You act like just about every one of us don't follow both. I've watched them both on TV. I've seen them both in person and so have many many others.
If you really believe this, then from now on lets split everybody here into 2 groups. Folks who can comment on men's basketball, and folks who can comment on women's basketball. You have to pick one b/c apparently you can only be a fan of one according to post after post on this board.

mstate7 is the one who has it right. We are fair-weather as it gets. That's the explanation as to why attendance sucks for teams that aren't very good at MSU.

Did you go to many games? I went to multiple games for both this year. You will see some of the same people but overall the crowds in the seats are quite different. The guy that says the women’s crowd is more locals is spot on.

sleepy dawg
03-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Did you go to many games? I went to multiple games for both this year. You will see some of the same people but overall the crowds in the seats are quite different. The guy that says the women?s crowd is more locals is spot on.

The one person who replies against me is part of both fan bases? Ironic.

I did not go to many games. 1 game of each this year. There weren't enough people at the men's game I went to to even compare.

maroonmania
03-31-2018, 04:28 PM

Yes we do, and by far the biggest reason is the distance to campus for the bulk of the fanbase. I personally have a 3.5 hour one way trip to Starkville. I am not going to make that trip very often to see a mediocre to bad product. I do make most football games but there you are only talking 5 or 6 games for the year. All of these other sports have many more home games so each individual game holds less importance. No other SEC fanbase has as far of an average distance per fan as we do to get back to campus because MSU is not near any major population center.

tireddawg
03-31-2018, 04:32 PM
I?m trying to recall which asshats on here jumped all over me when I was saying RR just some need unintelligent in his interviews. If I get bored one day I?ll go back and call you clowns out. He was a joke from the minute he was hired, and it was easy to see.

b

What?

mstatefan91
03-31-2018, 05:56 PM
Not two fan bases but there are different types of fans. There are the fans who can and will pay a ton of money in contributions and season tickets. Then there are fans who can’t or won’t but will pay $5-$10 for a women’s game instead of $20+ for a men’s game.

That’s a part of it and I don’t get how some of you don’t see it.

msstate7
03-31-2018, 05:58 PM
Not two fan bases but there are different types of fans. There are the fans who can and will pay a ton of money in contributions and season tickets. Then there are fans who can’t or won’t but will pay $5-$10 for a women’s game instead of $20+ for a men’s game.

That’s a part of it and I don’t get how some of you don’t see it.

If it is just bc of cheap tix, how come attendance sucked 2 years ago?

mstatefan91
03-31-2018, 08:13 PM
If it is just bc of cheap tix, how come attendance sucked 2 years ago?

I see where you ignored where I said “that’s part of it.”

Another part is the winning and accessibility to the players.

Ezsoil
04-01-2018, 11:32 AM

You are correct sir...I live in Texas and have my season tickets for both men?s and women?s...I attend about 50% of the games and sell the tickets I can?t attend ...sad thing is I can?t GIVE the men?s tickets away during the preseason and most weekday SEC games.