PDA

View Full Version : ND's PG....Umbagale is big strong physical.....

Pit Bull
03-30-2018, 11:02 PM
....shoots the 3 and really pushes the ball for ND. Cannot see how Morgan William will be able to handle her. Think that is a very bad matchup.

preachermatt83
03-30-2018, 11:04 PM
It's a worse matchup for them underneath. That chubby white girl stands zero chance against t.

preachermatt83
03-30-2018, 11:05 PM
Louisville beat ND twice... by like 30 the first time.

Lord McBuckethead
03-30-2018, 11:10 PM
Louisville beat ND twice... by like 30 the first time.

That was then. This is now. ND is going to bring it right at V and T.

BuckyIsAB****
03-30-2018, 11:11 PM
If Vivians and T stay out of foul trouble I think we bring it home.

Plus you have to think we shoot it better from deep next game

Saltydog
03-30-2018, 11:11 PM
NT

preachermatt83
03-30-2018, 11:12 PM
I had 50 to 1 rather be playing ND than uconn

Saltydog
03-30-2018, 11:12 PM
NT

Leeshouldveflanked
03-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Notre Dame plays with a 6 man rotation..... I bet we try to make them run, ND was able to control tempo and slow it down against UCONN....

Bothrops
03-30-2018, 11:27 PM
WB is our only way to win a Natty in a major sport. This is the team and this is the time. It must be done Sunday.

mstatefan91
03-30-2018, 11:27 PM
....shoots the 3 and really pushes the ball for ND. Cannot see how Morgan William will be able to handle her. Think that is a very bad matchup.

I see what you're saying but this is pretty true of every match up with Mo.. Also, you forget we have Jaz if Mo can't get it done

edit: our man defense allows for Ro or Danberry to matchup with her on defense.. Doesn't have to be Mo

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Notre Dame plays with a 6 man rotation..... I bet we try to make them run, ND was able to control tempo and slow it down against UCONN....

We aren't doing much better than a 6 man rotation, are we?

maroonmania
03-30-2018, 11:54 PM

Tonight we played the most we've played significant minutes during the entire tournament. Holmes, Danberry and Bibby all got a good bit of playing time. Danberry was a hero for what she contributed.

BeardoMSU
03-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Fortunately Vic said in a post game interview that he was going to "let the girls get plenty of rest, and be really careful with them in practice"....so there you have it.

AlmostPositive
03-31-2018, 12:09 AM
This game is set up for us to win. Beating UCONN at the buzzer will inevitably take a lot out of you. The best women's basketball coach in the country is at this moment refining a plan to beat ND, and I would bet that that plan works. Wear 'em down, foul 'em out, give them Big T nightmares forever.

mstatefan91
03-31-2018, 12:18 AM

You serious?

We play, in no specific order, throughout the season:

1. Blair
2. Victoria
3. Big T
4. Ro
5. Mo
6. Jaz
7. Bibby
8. Danberry
9. Zion

not all of those players play huge minutes, but they all contribute and all make contributions

Pit Bull
03-31-2018, 02:29 AM
I had 50 to 1 rather be playing ND than uconn

Absolutely agree.....UCONN has many more potent weapons to defend. This is our best chance to win a Natty. And I do think ND is much much better now than when they lost two to the Ville back in regular season. I feel we shut down their 2 guards, then we win going away. If they have a field day like they did with UCONN, then it will be a nailbiter.

Pit Bull
03-31-2018, 02:33 AM
NT

This I like.....Danbury showed a 5th gear even though she made a few mistakes. I have a very good feeling about her.

MoreCowbell
03-31-2018, 02:35 AM
WB is our only way to win a Natty in a major sport. This is the team and this is the time. It must be done Sunday.

Absolutely. If it doesnt happen now we are legit cursed.

Pit Bull
03-31-2018, 03:32 AM
Fortunately Vic said in a post game interview that he was going to "let the girls get plenty of rest, and be really careful with them in practice"....so there you have it.

Especially, Blair.....she took one incredible shot trying to take a charge. Surprised she got up as quickly as she did. She needs to spend the day at a local spa and hot tub just soaking her bones. The refs didn't give her either charge....both were borderline. If we have the same refs....she may want to reconsider how she makes those plays again.

Cooterpoot
03-31-2018, 07:13 AM
If we bang down our threes and stay out of foul trouble, we’ll win by 10. I’m not worried about a damn thing ND does, but you never know about the officiating when you play them.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-31-2018, 07:30 AM
We played like crap and still beat UL... If we bring our A game and avoid foul trouble we will win.

msbulldog
03-31-2018, 08:21 AM

With a little luck, we can do it next season in football. Next season has the possibility of the perfect season.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2018, 09:48 AM
If we bang down our threes and stay out of foul trouble, we’ll win by 10. I’m not worried about a damn thing ND does, but you never know about the officiating when you play them.

The general consensus on the UCONN board was they would handle Notre Dame with ease. They were saying no worries.

Liverpooldawg
03-31-2018, 09:48 AM
The key is, as always this year, no foul trouble for Big T.

Ari Gold
03-31-2018, 09:56 AM
This isn’t men’s hoops. Point guard size not that big a deal. It’s not like she is going to post up Morgan in the paint.. and she is just 5’8 or so .. MW always plays agaist bigger guards . She will be fine.
And this chick isn’t better than the PG at UCLA.

AlmostPositive
03-31-2018, 10:40 AM
Louisville is a better team than ND seven days a week. Vic will have the team ready with a plan, and the plan will work.

RocketDawg
03-31-2018, 12:42 PM
Especially, Blair.....she took one incredible shot trying to take a charge. Surprised she got up as quickly as she did. She needs to spend the day at a local spa and hot tub just soaking her bones. The refs didn't give her either charge....both were borderline. If we have the same refs....she may want to reconsider how she makes those plays again.

They're almost always borderline. Nice when it works, but I wish she'd quit doing that.

Dawg61
03-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Umbagale is a baller no doubt and she's gonna go off on us tom. We can gas her though with Mo and Danberry. When Danberry comes in she needs to sprint the ball up the court every time. Danberry is lightning fast off the dribble. Maybe the fastest woman's player I have ever seen with the ball in her hands. She and we need to utilize that speed from her tomorrow. Danberry is a very underrated player. So is Holmes.

shannondawg
03-31-2018, 01:02 PM
Just got texted that we are an early -1 1/2 points. Didn't know they had odds on the women , but evidently they do.

Bully13
03-31-2018, 01:36 PM
we seemed to have had an off night on the shooting against Louisville. that was not typical of us, right? highly unlikely we duplicate that against ND. Sweet T needs to score more underneath instead of missing so many.