PDA

View Full Version : Good 'morning after' reading, fellas

FlabLoser
10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Lots of good posts today and last night.

Bully13
10-06-2013, 11:32 AM
there have been some good ones and some stupid ones. we all get pissed off during the games like this especially when we are throwing back a few. but the ones calling for mullen's head are the stupid posts. "the truth" post was probably the best one yet. maybe the ones saying we need to replace mullen need a warning. dunno...maybe , maybe not. just a thought. I just don't think, based on MSU history and what he's done so far warrants what I perceive as total ignorance and I think is bad stuff for MSU. let's see after this year if he makes some changes and is willing to put MSU and his career for that matter ahead of friendship loyalty. it's a tough business but when you take a 2.5 million dollar a year job, tough choices have to be made. calling for croom's job was justified by the fanbase, calling for mullen's at this juncture is just plain ignorant.

bluelightstar
10-06-2013, 11:40 AM
there have been some good ones and some stupid ones. we all get pissed off during the games like this especially when we are throwing back a few. but the ones calling for mullen's head are the stupid posts. "the truth" post was probably the best one yet. maybe the ones saying we need to replace mullen need a warning. dunno...maybe , maybe not. just a thought. I just don't think, based on MSU history and what he's done so far warrants what I perceive as total ignorance and I think is bad stuff for MSU. let's see after this year if he makes some changes and is willing to put MSU and his career for that matter ahead of friendship loyalty. it's a tough business but when you take a 2.5 million dollar a year job, tough choices have to be made. calling for croom's job was justified by the fanbase, calling for mullen's at this juncture is just plain ignorant.

They need a warning for saying they think Mullen should be gone? WTF?

I seen it dawg
10-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Mullen should be gone. Warn that. He is Stains 2.0

preachermatt83
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM

exactly!! he can't beat good teams.. at all.. and it's stupid to want to keep a mediocre coach when you got a guy like Bobby Petrino out there that can win the big games.

Jack Lambert
10-06-2013, 01:48 PM
exactly!! he can't beat good teams.. at all.. and it's stupid to want to keep a mediocre coach when you got a guy like Bobby Petrino out there that can win the big games.

He didn't even win the SEC West.

MarketingBully01
10-06-2013, 02:07 PM
As long as Saban is at Alabama very few teams will win the west but Alabama. You might get lightning in a bottle like Cam at Auburn or LSU might be able to sneak up and have dominance on both sides of the ball but right now it's Alabama or bust that wins the West.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2013, 02:26 PM

Terrible comparison. Even if we don't get a bowl this year, Mullen's bowl % will be much higher than Stans' NCAAT %. Not only that, Mullen's players have been nowhere close to the regular off-the-field embarrassments that Stansbury's were late in his tenure.

Not to mention that SEC basketball and SEC football aren't comparable situations anyway, so even if the above comparisons were were similar, it still wouldn't be a good comparison.

Nmdawgfan
10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
The talent level at Arkansas was right up there with Bama and LSU while Petrino was there. How many SEC titles did he win?????? Hud hasn't even won his own division using a lot of LSU scraps. Mullen has built depth over his 5 years here. His first season was his only loosing season so until he has another loosing season the call for his head is ridiculous.

Thick
10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
The talent level at Arkansas was right up there with Bama and LSU while Petrino was there. How many SEC titles did he win?????? Hud hasn't even won his own division using a lot of LSU scraps. Mullen has built depth over his 5 years here. His first season was his only loosing season so until he has another loosing season the call for his head is ridiculous.

WHAT???? His defenses were not even close to comparing them to Bama or LSU. How many of his recruits are playing NFL ball compared to LSU or Bama?? Don't bother looking it up, because it's not close. I agree about Mullen and Hud, but not the talent comparison.